Can ivermectin disrupt our gut flora?

Ursus Minor

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm carefully supporting my gut flora knowing that If I fail a dysbiosis could easily cause a relapse into a candidiasis.
That's why I hope and pray I will not have to take any antibiotics in the future.

There are some references on the internet warning against a disruption of the intestinal flora with ivermectin.
My friends who used to be horse owners were describing the occasional violent reactions of their animals toward the drug.

I would like to ask those of you using ivermectin on a regular basis for your experiences and possible adverse reactions.

I understand that personal sensitivities must be considered and while a lot of people seem to tolerate large amounts of sugar I know I can't.

I'm carefully supporting my gut flora knowing that If I fail a dysbiosis could easily cause a relapse into a candidiasis.
That's why I hope and pray I will not have to take any antibiotics in the future.

There are some references on the internet warning against a disruption of the intestinal flora with ivermectin.
My friends who used to be horse owners were describing the occasional violent reactions of their animals toward the drug.

I would like to ask those of you using ivermectin on a regular basis for your experiences and possible adverse reactions.

I understand that personal sensitivities must be considered and while a lot of people seem to tolerate large amounts of sugar I know I can't.
I think I am as careful as you are and avoid anything that I do not really really need to get (except some supplements), so I have no experience with Ivermetin. BUT I know a Lady with a horse, who already had to give Ivermectin twice to her horse because of parasitic infestation, and she told me that it did something she had to correct over time with the horses gut. So I would presume that there is at least the potential to disrupt the microbiome in humans, too.

I've been taking the Ivermectin paste twice a month for several months now and have not noticed any problems. I live in a houseful of vaxxed people so I am trying to protect myself from whatever they may be transmitting. I do however watch my diet carefully and take a probiotic everyday so I am sure that helps. But, if you have a tendency towards candidiasis you are wise to question this. This is just my own personal experience.

I agree that it's good to be cautious about taking the drug, given your condition. I've been taking 12 mg of veterinary ivermectin (Noromectin) per month. At first I started by experimenting with the horse paste several months ago, but it was too difficult to dose for my body weight. Sometimes it was twice a month or more when I was in a situation when I had frequent contact with vaccinated people in my home. This was at the time info on "shedding" the spike protein was coming out, and I was paranoid about it at the time. I haven't noticed any GI problems from using ivermectin in either form, or any side effects I can tie directly to ivermectin, nor have I gotten sick despite going out a lot. I've also been experimenting with the carnivore diet for the past few months because I'm very carb-intolerant as well. I have found I don't have gut problems unless I eat some spiced meat (e.g. salami) or either too much fat or too much protein. It might be worth looking into, if you haven't already.

I guess as an aside, my dog had taken ivermectin for a while as a heartworm preventative. She can have bouts of diarrhea from different causes, but ivermectin wasn't one of them. Horse GI tracts are different from those of people and dogs, so it may be a species-specific concern. Maybe one of the vets here can give their take on that. :)

I've been taking the Ivermectin paste twice a month for several months now and have not noticed any problems. I live in a houseful of vaxxed people so I am trying to protect myself from whatever they may be transmitting. I do however watch my diet carefully and take a probiotic everyday so I am sure that helps. But, if you have a tendency towards candidiasis you are wise to question this. This is just my own personal experience.

For unavoidable closer contact with people who have been vaxxed I'm using star anise capsules (500 mg).
They are said to be very effective in their antiviral and antibacterial properties.

I'm inquiring about ivermectin - which I have ordered a small quantity of - for possible use during next winter's virus situation.

As for now I'm relying on the whole array of vitamins and supplements that I have piled up.

Concerning my gut flora I'm watching my diet while using probiotics and bentonite.

For unavoidable closer contact with people who have been vaxxed I'm using star anise capsules (500 mg).
They are said to be very effective in their antiviral and antibacterial properties.

I'm inquiring about ivermectin - which I have ordered a small quantity of - for possible use during next winter's virus situation.

As for now I'm relying on the whole array of vitamins and supplements that I have piled up.

Concerning my gut flora I'm watching my diet while using probiotics and bentonite.
Oh I will do that too, don't get me wrong. But it is always better to see beforehand what it might do to your individual body. I counteract a lot with Spagyric, I have two PS- Mixtures (PS-1033 and PS-1036) to counter my exposure to peeps with shot. For me that works quite well up to now. I had some terrible transmission symptomes, at the moment I cannot avoid them and so I had to do something. I always start trying with the softest means...

I had developed some kind of paranoia as well which has slowly faded away as I realized that contacts 'at arms length' did not yield any harmful results. I'm still at bit wary about of those having been freshly vaccinated though.
same here. That is why I came to spagyrics (I love the scent) and I realized that skin contact should be avoided. And for those occasions I cannot avoid it, I spay in my direct surroundings the PS-1033 before contact. I swear the effect is there for me. My "first contact" was awful and took me weeks to counter it.

I'll have to check out the star anise capsules and bentonite. I'm not familiar with them. I'm basically trying to stock up on a little bit of everything for this fall for myself and also for my family who will more than likely be ill. I have most of the stuff recommended on the forum but need to get a few more things. Plus thermal socks for the approaching ice age. The Neverending Adventure.

I'm wondering if the Children's Defense group with Robert Kennedy Jr. might have more info on the Ivermectin for you. I haven't heard of any complaints but I will keep my eyes open.

So far so good this will be the third month that I will take a small pilule of Ivermectin and no problem. Almost everyone on the street, in the stores, everywhere where I go, in the busses, at the Bank, everywhere, is vaccinated. So that's why I take this little pill. Plus every day a little cup of star of anis.

As for using bentonite or zeolite healing clays it would be important to consider the following:

They should be taken only two hours after or before any meals and medication you've taken.
Never take them at night since you'll have to drink a lot of water because otherwise they might clot in the gut.

I have resorted to taking the stuff in the afternoon to keep the above mentioned rules.

I've been taking the Ivermectin paste twice a month for several months now and have not noticed any problems.

I haven't noticed any GI problems from using ivermectin in either form, or any side effects I can tie directly to ivermectin, nor have I gotten sick despite going out a lot.
I also didn't notice any problems with ivermectin. A positive side effect for me was that it improved my mood shortly after taking it. Apparently, it can have mood stabilizing properties: "some macrolides may have mood stabilizing properties via their interference in the mitochondrial functioning of neurons." (source) and Ivermectin is a macrolide or a 'a semi-synthetic macrolide' as mentioned in this paper where they saw improvement in a patient with bipolar disorder after using antiparasitic medicine including ivermectin. Here's a snippet:

A bi-therapy of anthelmintics including an association of ivermectin and albendazole was conducted. Two weeks after the initiation of anti-filariasis treatment, a successful improvement was observed with clear reduction of agitation and aggressive behaviours (YMRS=9) that could not be attributed to a modification of psychotropic treatments (modification of dosages), filarial encephalopathy or acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (absence of confusion, poor memory, incoordination, speech problems, lethargy, irritability, confusion ataxia, seizures and demyelinisation of the white matter). Euthymia was obtained simultaneously with the elimination of the parasite (according to immunodiagnosis status).

Pretty interesting! FWIW.

Ursus, I have only taken the ivermectin twice and my preliminary answer would be “yes” it can negatively impact the gut flora. But that is my own experience. But, It makes sense that it would, right?

Potential side effects listed for ivermectin include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain. I think it's pretty safe to say that anything causing digestive disquiet may be disrupting either your gut flora or you gastric nervous system (and those two are connected anyhow). ;-)

Hello dear ones. Just wanted to share my experience: I take ivermectin once a month as a prophelax (so 5 times) plus 3 additional doses after contact with freshly vaccinated and Covid People. I have no gastrical issues, although this is my weak point (diarroeh) and I don't take probiotic. My children 5 and 10 years and my husband got the ivermectin at their dosage at the same time. No problems. Conclusion from us: is well tolerated. 😊

Back
Top Bottom