Can we talk about Andrew Tate

Andi

Padawan Learner
What are your thoughts on this man. He has been the most searched person on Google and pretty controversial.

What are your thoughts on this man. He has been the most searched person on Google and pretty controversial.
I know next to nothing about him other than he's an ex MMA fighter that figured out how to build a following based on how social media algorithm's function. I watched a video "in defense of Andrew Tate" and it was kind of conspiratorial, stating that he was deplatformed for encouraging "toxic masculinity" or masculinity of any kind, really. I've never engaged with his content, so I know little else other than he wasn't violating any laws, just wrong-think.

Maybe share some of his stuff so we can figure out what he's about. I don't know anything about him.
I became aware of him recently as he jumped on Jordan Peterson’ band wagon, then there were bogus charges for human trafficking and he continues to be MSM’s poster boy for toxic masculinity.
Definitely huge ego and even bigger sense of entitlement. Emphasis on material wealth as the only measure of success for a man.
In short nothing about him really worth discussing here IMHO.

Tate's story is that of a "poor boy who made it" by hard graft and an abusive childhood etc. He and his brother are fairly intelligent 'geezers' from England and, as with such types, they don't really have much in the way of morals, and will do almost anything for notoriety and money. He's definitely a cynic and social critique, but that's really just a function of his upbringing and the disillusionment it brought him. Imagine someone who, for various solid reasons, become disillusioned with society (there's lots of us here), but now imagine that your disillusionment drives you not to seek deeper truths per se, but primarily to "get back" at society (and your parents) by becoming as rich and self-serving as possible. That's Tate, IMO.

He's a four times kickboxing world champion, lol. Although sometimes says some good stuff, he probably knows what he's doing, he found the right audience to target, mentioning red pill stuff, and 'matrix', how to be free of system and earn money easily. He has a discord channel called Hustlers University which has ways of learning certain online 'skills' (crypto,copywriting,...) which teach you to make money. For 49 USD a month. And there are apparently more than 30000 users on it if the info is correct, and do the math, he makes more than a million from it. There was a guy on Lex Fridman's podcast talking about why he thinks its a scam. And he talks about women being promiscuous and all that. But he got rich on having cam models or what's it called. When I was looking into that Hustlers university there's bunch of kids asking if you can get into it if you're not 18. Dude's just a loud dog, barking controversial stuff, not worth the attention he gets IMO.

He used to run a 'cam-girl' site with his brother. I'm not a prude, but I've got a zero tolerance policy for pimps. he is a skilled manipulator and thats about it. Seen as a grifter by the constructive quarters of the 'manosphere'

The guy is actually on point with a lot of what he's said about the matrix, the control system, the forces working against men and masculinity specifically. And he's probably inspired plenty of people with his anti-establishment vibe, preaching basically to man up, work hard, stop being so soft and gooey, become a beast etc.

Ultimately though his idea of escaping the matrix is just gaining material wealth and social status. I'd put him very much in the "Looks&Money" camp of the manosphere preachers. He's upgraded to the fancy prison cell with gold bars and a waterbed, but has no conception of the life beyond the prison - he's just not wired that way.

Finally I think that, like Trump, he's a great case study in what someone with narcissistic personality disorder can accomplish by sheer force of self-belief. I am sometimes kind of inspired by those personalities, and maybe we could all do with having some of that kind of self-belief, but over all I don't resonate with his content. Plus, nobody gets that big unless they're doing the work of the matrix in at least some manner. There's a program for everyone.

Just read that in Romania Andrew Tate's house was just SWATted and he and his brother have been temporarily detained by DIICOT, which is an anti-terror and -organized crime directorate. I think the below Romanian news outlet was the first to report it.

A google translation into English is below:

DIICOT raids brothers Andrew and Tristan Tate, accused of abducting two girls

The two Britons, Andrew Tate and Tristan Tate, in whose villa the prosecutors and the police found in April two young women, one with American citizenship and one Romanian, were targeted on Thursday, December 29, by DIICOT raids, judicial sources told Libertatea .

UPDATE 11.30pm: Andrew and Tristan Tate have been detained for 24 hours . A criminal case was opened on behalf of the two British brothers in which they are being investigated for human trafficking and rape.

Initial news: Tristan and Andrew Tate will be taken to hearings at DIICOT during the day, being suspected of forming an organized criminal group that used girls for adult videos, according to Libertatea information.

In April, two young women, one of whom has American citizenship, were found in a villa in Voluntari by police and prosecutors. The women claimed they were held by force by the two British brothers. On April 11 , Tristan and Andrew Tate were questioned for five hours at DIICOT, then released but inquiries continued.

Who are Andrew and Tristan Tate

Tristan and Andrew Tate are British citizens, kickboxing practitioners, who moved to Romania a few years ago. Millionaire Tristan Tate is known as a former kickboxing champion and ex-boyfriend of Bianca Drăgușanu. In September 2018, Bianca Drăgușanu admitted that she broke up with Tristan Tate, saying that they promised each other not to attack each other in public.

Andrew Tate first rose to prominence after appearing on the TV show Big Brother in 2016, when he was kicked out of the competition after a video surfaced of him beating a woman outside the show.

He stated on Twitter in 2017 that women belong in the home and that rape victims "bear responsibility" for their assault , after which Twitter permanently banned him from the platform.

In a YouTube video, Andrew Tate described himself as "an absolute misogynist". He said: “I'm realistic and when you're realistic you're sexist. You can't be grounded in reality and not be sexist."

I wonder if there's anything to the accusation, or if he just got on the bad side of enough powerful people? Not knowing him well enough I couldn't say which is more likely.

I wonder if there's anything to the accusation, or if he just got on the bad side of enough powerful people? Not knowing him well enough I couldn't say which is more likely.

Maybe both, though I also had no idea about this person prior to reading this thread.

Maybe capitalizing on the "control system" topics was his way to gain money/attention/power, while also maybe doing other things he was accused of. Maybe he did only some of the things he was accused of and some of them were fabricated. And maybe he did all of them. But since he wasn't part of the "elite" or didn't have enough established ties that could provide him with enough protection, he was thrown under the bus.

I'd never heard his name until today and now that he's been charged w child sex trafficking I've seen him pop up numerous times on various feeds. I guess thats one way to get known.

Back
Top Bottom