Canadian Orwellian world: Lockdowns, vaccines passports and more

I wanted to add something here, and that is that while being aware of the law is crucial and helpful, it also helps to know when to stop pushing if prudent. I think that the times we live in are increasingly less legal and sometimes even judges won't heed the legal codes of their nations should their minds be already taken in by the ideology. Just a few thoughts

Yes, in Canada at least, this is going to take much time. So pushing right now is like pushing a rope up a hill. It will be a tough go.

JBP interviews the very man, Brian Pickford, who authored the Canadian Charter- rights and freedoms and all that - all has now been sidelined, placed in to abeyance, more or less. What did our proxy PM openly say, they had found a loophole? Anyway, it will take men/woman like this to work the judiciary. And God speed to them.

So, any Canadians want a refresher in “Civics” or if you are younger, “Social Studies” of our Canadian Constitution?
This video documenting a discussion between two adults is where you wanna start.
“A committee of Canadian Parliamentarians, representing all parties, considered more than 1,200 written submissions and over 300 testimonies to develop the final Charter. Receiving approval from Britain for the last time, Queen Elizabeth II signed the Canada Act on April 17, 1982 in Ottawa.”

The last surviving man of that “committee”, Brian Peckford, is coming out swinging!

Comparable to, say, Benjamin Franklin, or John Hancock, still being alive, showing up on the steps of the White House in the USA, and saying “Hold on, that’s WRONG and corrupt, and you are breaking the declaration!”

Brian Peckford is the last surviving man standing.
He was there, and he is not impressed...to put it mildly.

Some positive news for Nova Scotia...

The premier for Nova Scotia, Tim Houston, just declared an hour ago that, assuming nothing big changes, that effective March 21st, all remaining covid restrictions will be lifted.

I'm blinking at this thinking, "Is this real? I had my wilderness survival kit prepared and was mentally preparing myself for the rigors of a guerilla lifestyle."

Well now!

Trudeau is still completely nuts and in charge of federal mandates, but at least in this province people won't have to wear masks and flash QR codes to buy lunch.

There is an image that I was made aware of today from FB, though I think I've seen it before. Never-the-less, what with all that's going on right now, it seems somehow more 'concrete' to me.

Senate bills.jpg

The bills in there current form can be found here: C-10 (which is now:) C-11 (Online-Streaming Act- second reading (House)), C-36 (an amendment known as the Hate Speech/Propaganda/Crimes Act- second reading (House)- seems to be inactive), S-233 (National Framework for a Guaranteed Livable Basic Income Act- second reading (House)).

A summery of Bill C-11 posted at Blakes on Mar.1, 2022 (Bill C-11: A Proposal to Regulate Online Streaming Platforms).

The Act, and its associated regulations and regulatory decisions, create a complex tapestry of rules that apply to the traditional broadcasting sector (such as traditional television, cable and satellite providers, radio stations and more). The Bill is extremely complex and difficult to follow at times. When parsed, its effects on the Internet and user-generated content are far-reaching and provide the regulator with strong powers, giving rise to the same type of criticism levied at its predecessor, Bill C-10.

Bill C-11 is current and active, having its most recent reading on Feb. 28, 2022.

A 26:37 minute video titled "Stop Bill C-36" by Ezra Levant at Rebel News. He also talks about Bill C-10 (which is now Bill C-11). Bill C-36 seems to not be going anywhere right now, though, since the last (and only) time it was debated was June 23, 2021. The whole thing seems to have ended for this bill.

I can't find much commentary on Bill S-233, but it is current and active having it's latest reading Feb. 24, 2022.

The image is outdated but is still relevant.

There is an image that I was made aware of today from FB, though I think I've seen it before. Never-the-less, what with all that's going on right now, it seems somehow more 'concrete' to me.

View attachment 55936

The bills in there current form can be found here: C-10 (which is now:) C-11 (Online-Streaming Act- second reading (House)), C-36 (an amendment known as the Hate Speech/Propaganda/Crimes Act- second reading (House)- seems to be inactive), S-233 (National Framework for a Guaranteed Livable Basic Income Act- second reading (House)).

A summery of Bill C-11 posted at Blakes on Mar.1, 2022 (Bill C-11: A Proposal to Regulate Online Streaming Platforms).

Bill C-11 is current and active, having its most recent reading on Feb. 28, 2022.

A 26:37 minute video titled "Stop Bill C-36" by Ezra Levant at Rebel News. He also talks about Bill C-10 (which is now Bill C-11). Bill C-36 seems to not be going anywhere right now, though, since the last (and only) time it was debated was June 23, 2021. The whole thing seems to have ended for this bill.

I can't find much commentary on Bill S-233, but it is current and active having it's latest reading Feb. 24, 2022.

The image is outdated but is still relevant.
Thank you, I was lying in bed last night thinking about the WHO push to have control of health authorities' response globally, planning on reading up and emailing gov't. This? Sheesh. Thank you again for sharing this. I will also share it.

Something else that is apparently (though, why wouldn't it?) coming to Canada, courtesy of our wonderful Prime minister, is the Carbon Tax hike which is to take affect on April 1. Prices go from $40 per tonne to $50 per tonne.

Canadians can expect even higher prices at the pumps once the Trudeau government moves ahead with its planned carbon tax hike on April 1.

The hike comes even as gas prices hit record highs across Canada, with parts of downtown Vancouver now paying over $2.00 per litre.

The 25% increase to the tax will raise the cost of greenhouse gas emissions from $40 per tonne to $50 per tonne.
The Liberals have stated that they will continue to increase that cost by $15 per year until 2030, when it’s expected to reach $170 per tonne. The increase will also impact the price of any goods transported using fossil fuels.

Some politicians including Brampton, Ontario mayor Patrick Brown are urging the federal government to put a halt on the tax hike, citing the unprecedented gas prices now plaguing Canadians.

“The supply concerns caused by Vladimir Putin’s brutal invasion of Ukraine and other inflationary pressures have made energy unaffordable for many. Canceling the increase on the carbon tax right now is the right call,” Brown wrote to Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland.

“No new burdens should be on the backs of taxpayers during a period of economic upheaval.”

“My policy has been consistent throughout this pandemic. I want no new taxes and no new burdens on the backs of our families and our small businesses,” said Brown.

Yesterday, Conservative MP and leadership contender Pierre Poilievre said that if elected prime minister his government would scrap the federal carbon tax and take a technology-centric approach to fighting climate change.

“Scrapping the carbon tax will reduce the cost of living, it will mean small businesses will have more money to hire workers and provide affordable goods for their people, and it will allow us to recentre the focus of environmental policy onto real results, not revenue and onto technology rather than taxes,” said Poilievre.

In October, Ontario Premier Doug Ford also warned that the gas prices were “just the beginning” of Canadians’ woes when it came to the downstream effects of the carbon tax.

“The carbon tax is the single worst tax on the backs of Canadians that’s ever existed. It’s driving up the cost of groceries, it’s driving up the cost of us getting from point A to point B, driving your kids to work, I have fought this day in and day out,” said Ford.

To date, the Trudeau government has not made any indication that it will halt planned increases of the carbon tax.

Right now, around Alberta, gas prices are the highest I've (ever?) seen. Depending on the grade of gas, the range runs from $1.33.0 - $2.03.9 per litre. For regular quality, expect to pay around $1.60/L, which is ridiculously high.

Something else that is apparently (though, why wouldn't it?) coming to Canada, courtesy of our wonderful Prime minister, is the Carbon Tax hike which is to take affect on April 1. Prices go from $40 per tonne to $50 per tonne.

Right now, around Alberta, gas prices are the highest I've (ever?) seen. Depending on the grade of gas, the range runs from $1.33.0 - $2.03.9 per litre. For regular quality, expect to pay around $1.60/L, which is ridiculously high.

A carbon tax, during unprecedented energy price increases, in the context of an economy already savaged by lockdown fallout.

They care so much.

A carbon tax, during unprecedented energy price increases, in the context of an economy already savaged by lockdown fallout.

They care so much.

Can't you just feel the warmth and love?

Canada has actually been living with Trudeau's Carbon Tax since 2019 when it came in a $20 per tonne and growing $10/tonne per year. This is just the next increase.

Trudeau Carbon Tax- twitter.jpg

Image from this 2020 article.

Trudeau flew to the UK to meet with his 'counterparts' on a private jet, and was forced to sneak in the back of Boris Johnson's office, btw.

But in good 'As Seen on TV' fashion: But wait! There's more!

I didn't realize that the Bank of Canada had raised the interest rate by 0.25% on Mar. 2 to 0.5%. It's been at it's historically low level of 0.25 for years. This was done to curb the inflation rate which has hit 5.1%, the highest in 30 years. They are planning at least 5 rate hikes this year, with a chance of a total of 8 if 'force' needs to be applied to tame inflation. But I don't know how much of the sanctions against Russia is being taken into account. I don't think they've thought this one through. Obviously, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Here's a graph of the current debt on Canada:

Canadian Government Debt.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realize that the Bank of Canada had raised the interest rate by 0.25% on Mar. 2 to 0.5%. It's been at it's historically low level of 0.25 for years. This was done to curb the inflation rate which has hit 5.1%, the highest in 30 years. They are planning at least 5 rate hikes this year, with a chance of a total of 8 if 'force' needs to be applied to tame inflation. But I don't know how much of the sanctions against Russia is being taken into account. I don't think they've thought this one through. Obviously, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

From the perspective of the government's deep need to cause pain and increase tension, eventually destroying the domestic economy in order to Build Back Better, obeying their higher-ups, I think they've thought it through plenty, no?

That said, we have been told by the C's that these plans will eventually fail, and the planned demolition of the economy will spiral out of control. For better or worse, many, many people will suffer as it does so. And that suffering won't be aimed in Russia's direction forever. Eventually someone may get the idea that it's actually our own government that is our biggest enemy.

Hard to fathom this kind of thing happening in nice polite Canada. But there are already signs of exposure of the true Nazi-loving character of Canada's government. This comes hot on the heels of the covid exposure-fest that came courtesy of the truckers. And out of 35 million people, in the near future, I'll wager not everyone will meekly go to the bread lines to collect their government rations. We have our 'polite' national character, yes, but there are many outliers to that trope. We're in for interesting times.

Sorry, @iamthatis. I missed your reply.

From the perspective of the government's deep need to cause pain and increase tension, eventually destroying the domestic economy in order to Build Back Better, obeying their higher-ups, I think they've thought it through plenty, no?

Ah. Yes. When you phrase it like that, they have done a marvellous job. It's like they only know how to suffer and cannot see any other way to live. The statement that I read, I think, somewhere in the Wave series was something like 'these people hate life'. I 'understood' that statement but it is much clearer to me now because it's everywhere!

I also see that I wasn't quite clear. When I said that I didn't think they had thought it through, I was thinking in terms of the future and what might come about due to the results of their actions. They are only acting to 'the plan' and expect the results of that plan to be adhered to by everyone. It's like their goal in the future is already set in stone and all they're doing is moving everybody, step by step, cutting off branching roads, to that goal, by whatever means necessary, time-travel included. Hmm. The idea of 'grace' just popped into my head.

That said, we have been told by the C's that these plans will eventually fail, and the planned demolition of the economy will spiral out of control.

Yeah. This is a double edged sword. The plan to destroy the economy fails. Yay! And is replaced by the economy of desperation. Boo! Although, at that point we really could 'build back better'. How to get off the tracks when a train is coming at you in a tunnel. Tough to see the door in the wall because it's so dark. Oddly, the light of the oncoming train illuminates the door. (not sure if this works as an analogy).

Some positive news for Nova Scotia...

The premier for Nova Scotia, Tim Houston, just declared an hour ago that, assuming nothing big changes, that effective March 21st, all remaining covid restrictions will be lifted.

I'm blinking at this thinking, "Is this real? I had my wilderness survival kit prepared and was mentally preparing myself for the rigors of a guerilla lifestyle."

Well now!

Trudeau is still completely nuts and in charge of federal mandates, but at least in this province people won't have to wear masks and flash QR codes to buy lunch.

Well, no big changes, I guess.

If this incredible poll is accurate (or even if it's not) Frank Graves basically tells you what this information is going to be used for. From RT:

Vaccinated people more likely to support harsh anti-Russia measures – poll

A survey conducted in Canada suggests the unvaxxed have much more diverse opinions on the Russia-Ukraine conflict

22 Mar, 2022 17:19

A survey conducted by polling firm EKOS shows that Canadians who have received “three or more doses” of a Covid-19 vaccine tended to express significantly more support for aggressive anti-Russian measures with regard to the ongoing military conflict in Ukraine.

The poll was conducted between March 9 and 13, and collected responses from a random sample of 1,035 Canadians.

Overwhelmingly, more than 80% of the vaccinated respondents supported
expanding sanctions, seizing assets of Russian nationals associated with President Vladimir Putin, cutting off shipments of Russian oil, and sending military equipment to Ukraine. Over half of the group agreed with the idea of sending military jets to the Ukrainian Army, and 30% thought Canada should dispatch its own military forces to Ukraine.

Furthermore, 82% of vaccinated respondents felt that Canada should impose tougher sanctions on Russia even if it means they would have to suffer higher prices and slower economic growth at home.

On the other hand, respondents who said they were unvaccinated seem to have differing opinions, with the majority (52%) saying they don’t support any of the anti-Russian measures mentioned by the pollsters, and 75% saying they refuse to pay the price by having prices at home skyrocket.

RT

The poll also revealed how the two groups feel about the reasons for the conflict, with 88% of vaccinated respondents saying the repression of Russian speakers in the Donbass region does not justify Russia’s actions in Ukraine. The unvaccinated, however, are more split on the question, with 26% saying Russia’s military operation is justified, 27% saying it isn’t, and 35% saying they neither agree nor disagree with it.

The vaccinated also say, almost unanimously (88%), that Russia is guilty of war crimes in Ukraine, while only 32% of unvaxxed respondents agree, and 42% say they don’t believe it is happening at all.

EKOS President Frank Graves said he found the poll results alarming, suggesting that vaccine refusers were “much more sympathetic to Russia,” and that it showcased the “highly corrosive influences of disinformation.”

“This is definitely a new and bluntly insidious force that’s contributing to polarization and disinformation and poor decision-making. And it doesn’t seem to be going away. Things are getting worse,” Graves said, as reported by the Toronto Star.

“I don’t think this is because those people had an ingrained sympathy to the Russians. They’re reading this online, they’re consuming this from the same sources that were giving them the anti-vax stuff.

Meanwhile, others have interpreted the poll results as a prime example of how quickly mainstream media narratives can change and how easily the masses transfer zealous support from one topic to another according to the crisis of the day.

Back
Top Bottom