Cass Forum symbol

DougEE

Jedi
FOTCM Member
I just received my book "Life is Religion" and I notice that the front cover has the Cassiopaea 5-star symbol. This is the same symbol that is used on the Cassiopaea Forum page header (see below). However, when I go outside and view the 5 stars of Cassiipaea I see a different pattern. If the Cassiopaea constellation is high in the sky (above Polaris the North Star or pole star), it appears as a letter "M" with Polaris nearest to the long 'slanty' arm. I'll designate this pattern as MP to show that Polaris is Right of the M pattern. When the Cassiopaea constellation is low in the sky (Polaris is above Cassiopaea) then the pattern appears as the letter "W" with Polaris on the Left of the W pattern, I'll show this as PW.
So the actual orientation of Cassiopaea with respect to Polaris is either an MP or a PW. However, the symbols used on the cover of "Life is Religion" and on the Cass Forum header is a WP !! This is actually a mirror image of the real orientation!

So the question arises, was this design an error or was it deliberately chosen? If it was an error it is easy to understand how images can get reversed when being manipulated.
If it was deliberately chosen, it poses an interesting perspective because the orientation would be correct when viewed from behind the Cassiopaea constellation looking towards Earth.

Attachments

• Cass symbol 2.jpg
    Cass symbol 2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Cass symbol 1.jpg
    Cass symbol 1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 341
Dunno if this is why but here's a reference to a mirror image of the constellation along with some fascinating analysis on its meaning from The Last Supper:
http://cassiopaea.org/cass/fulcanelli_da_vinci_code.htm

As I continued to study this painting, I noted something else that seems to be quite remarkable:

If you use the hand with the knife, the hand making the cutting motion, the right hand of Jesus, his forehead, and the palm of his left hand as “points,” you have exactly traced the constellation of Cassiopeia MIRRORED.

Coincidentally someone else just asked the same thing in this thread:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,42435.msg667639.html#msg667639

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassiopeia_(constellation)

Cassiopeia is a constellation in the northern sky, named after the vain queen Cassiopeia in Greek mythology, who boasted about her unrivalled beauty. Cassiopeia was one of the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd-century Greek astronomer Ptolemy, and it remains one of the 88 modern constellations today. It is easily recognizable due to its distinctive 'M' shape when in upper culmination but in higher northern locations when near lower culminations in spring and summer it has a 'W' shape, formed by five bright stars.

Avala said:

Cassiopeia is a constellation in the northern sky, named after the vain queen Cassiopeia in Greek mythology, who boasted about her unrivalled beauty. Cassiopeia was one of the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd-century Greek astronomer Ptolemy, and it remains one of the 88 modern constellations today. It is easily recognizable due to its distinctive 'M' shape when in upper culmination but in higher northern locations when near lower culminations in spring and summer it has a 'W' shape, formed by five bright stars.

As Avala states above, the constellation is turning over the year. In winter it is more like a "m" and over summer a "w".

Gawan said:
Avala said:

As Avala states above, the constellation is turning over the year. In winter it is more like a "m" and over summer a "w".

The point of the post is not questioning the M or W aspect, but why was the Cass Forum symbol chosen as the MIRRORED image of the real constellation as viewed from Earth.

Wow, that was a LOOOOONG time ago that I made the forum W... As far as I remember, it came from the Last Supper M, which I turned upside down into a W since the W form seemed more familiar to more people.

Even then, the forum version is not a precise representation of the actual constellation, because it had to be modified a bit to fit better, look better, etc.

So, not only does it totally depend on where you are in space or on Earth - and when - if you're looking at Cassiopea, but there was also a bit of symbolism involving Laura's research... plus some artistic license thrown in.

Besides, in 4d, it's probably mirrored + inside-out, so...

:D

DougEE said:
Gawan said:

The point of the post is not questioning the M or W aspect, but why was the Cass Forum symbol chosen as the MIRRORED image of the real constellation as viewed from Earth.

Yeah, rotation and mirroring are not the same operations.

In history, there is a tradition that depicted constellations mirrored:

http://www.mysterium.com/mithras.html said:
[T]he tauroctony depicts the bull-slaying as taking place inside a cave, and the Mithraic temples were built in imitation of caves. But caves are precisely hollows within the rocky earth, which suggests that the rock from which Mithras is born is meant to represent the Mithraic cave as seen from the outside. Now as we saw earlier, the ancient author Porphyry records the tradition that the Mithraic cave was intended to be "an image of the cosmos." Of course, the hollow cave would have to be an image of the cosmos as seen from the inside, looking out at the enclosing, cave-like sphere of the stars. But if the cave symbolizes the cosmos as seen from the inside, it follows that the rock out of which Mithras is born must ultimately be a symbol for the cosmos as seen from the outside. This idea is not as abstract as might first appear, for artistic representations of the cosmos as seen from the outside were in fact very common in antiquity. A famous example is the "Atlas Farnese" statue, showing Atlas bearing on his shoulder the cosmic globe, on which are depicted the constellations as they would appear from an imaginary vantage point outside of the universe.

I would suggest that the awe-inspiring quality of Plato's vision of what is beyond the outermost boundary of the cosmos also lies behind the appeal of Mithras as a divine being whose proper domain is outside of the universe. As the text from Plato shows, the establishment by ancient astronomers of the sphere of the stars as the absolute boundary of the cosmos only encouraged the human imagination to project itself beyond that boundary in an exhilarating leap into an infinite mystery. There beyond the cosmos dwelled the ultimate divine forces, and Mithras's ability to move the entire universe made him one with those forces.

cosmos3_jp40.jpg

Scottie said:
Wow, that was a LOOOOONG time ago that I made the forum W... As far as I remember, it came from the Last Supper M, which I turned upside down into a W since the W form seemed more familiar to more people.

Even then, the forum version is not a precise representation of the actual constellation, because it had to be modified a bit to fit better, look better, etc.

So, not only does it totally depend on where you are in space or on Earth - and when - if you're looking at Cassiopea, but there was also a bit of symbolism involving Laura's research... plus some artistic license thrown in.

Besides, in 4d, it's probably mirrored + inside-out, so...

:D

I agree that the W is more familiar to people mostly because it is seen in the summer night time sky, but this also places Polaris and the 'slanty arm' on the left side of the W.
I rather like the symbology associated to the mirrored version because it stretches our viewpoint to the Last Supper as well as indicating a 4D or 6D viewpoint from beyond or our 3D universe. If I knew more about anti-matter, maybe there is even be a connection to an anti-verse?

Thanks for the feedback; I'll ponder.

DougEE said:
Gawan said:
Avala said:

Thanks for the clarification and now I understood. I thought it was mirrored vertically from "w" to "m".

Gawan said:
DougEE said:
Gawan said:
Avala said:

Thanks for the clarification and now I understood. I thought it was mirrored vertically from "w" to "m".

Hmm - considering the recent discussion re Snow White/Mandela effect, this rather feels like some kind of synchronicity w/ the extremely vain queen exhorting her magic MIRROR to confirm that she has unrivalled beauty. I wonder if Cassiopeia was the inspiration for the queen in the original story?

Hmm - considering the recent discussion re Snow White/Mandela effect, this rather feels like some kind of synchronicity w/ the extremely vain queen exhorting her magic MIRROR to confirm that she has unrivalled beauty. I wonder if Cassiopeia was the inspiration for the queen in the original story?

Another thought occurred to me re the vain queen's obsession w/ her unrivalled beauty - isn't that a reflection of being completely captured by physicality?

Physicality:
1 : intensely physical orientation : predominance of the physical usually at the expense of the mental, spiritual, or social. In other words, the 3D prison/illusion.

A: 3rd density as you experience it is an illusion you have been fed to continue your imprisonment therein.

Now, more interesting than ever that 6D has been transmitting from Cassiopeia!

JEEP said:

Another thought occurred to me re the vain queen's obsession w/ her unrivalled beauty - isn't that a reflection of being completely captured by physicality?

Physicality:
1 : intensely physical orientation : predominance of the physical usually at the expense of the mental, spiritual, or social. In other words, the 3D prison/illusion.

A: 3rd density as you experience it is an illusion you have been fed to continue your imprisonment therein.

Now, more interesting than ever that 6D has been transmitting from Cassiopeia!

More so now, especially with the time winding down, Earth slowing down and the general way things are going in outer space. Should we just allow change to happen at a natural pace? Or, try and help things along? My thoughts on this are the natural pace method. Trying to help it along would be more of an STS thing to do. Yet we are told that it is up to us which would require action from us. Knowledge is also a part. Does that mean we should work to understand the changes as they happen while allowing the changes to happen naturally?

I have been thinking about the Butterfly quite a bit lately. It does go into a cocoon for a while. I just thought of the similarities between Butterflies and Mummies. It seems that those ancient civilizations understood that a transformation was necessary to progress. Will moving to 4D be a similar type of experience? I know, wait and see! Keep working, bills to pay! Chop wood, carry water!

Back
Top Bottom