(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Iron, are you sure?

On page Zoom Help Center (-https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202460676-Will-My-Meeting-Time-Out-#h_3bcda483-72be-4d8d-824e-044a9ace6755) says:

Meeting timeout at 40 minutes:
  • 1 host and 1 or more participants joined. Only one person remains in the meeting. The meeting will end 40 minutes later if no one else joins.

Yes, I am. Used Zoom this week for a meeting with friends. We all got disconnected at the 40 minute mark. There is even a counter in the desktop version. Very annoying. We had to constantly generate new meeting links every 40 minutes.

That's a great idea! I signed up for both workshops, though I don't know when / how often I can attend. It will depend on time, commitments and other things (in life and virtual) and whatever is going on. Also, as I am a slow reader I am not sure if or how I can keep up.

Reading / re-reading the Wave series again and other books would make quite an interesting adventure, as we would be looking with new eyes onto familiar contents - especially in light of what's going on right now. It would possibly make us see things in a way in which we weren't able to see/grasp them before.

As for the nervousness, taking part in (English) meetings has always been a challenge for me as well since I more or less consider myself not a good talker (I am better in writing than in talking). And there's the language barrier, which can be aggrevated when anxiety and a host of other blocking things are going on. But then again, it can depend on the amount of blockage (which is not the same everyday - or not being "felt" in the same amount everytime), on mood and on other things (stresses going on in one's life) - thus, sometimes things are working better, sometimes not. It seems to be the continuation of engagement (no matter what) and keeping on, which can help getting a hold on such things eventually - flexing the "soul muscles" (or whatever) against the "resistance" regarding those things "it" doesn't want! Easier said than done, though.

And time (getting the hang of things, practice articulating oneself, growing stronger in overcoming certain things) as well as familiarity (getting to know each other more, establishing trust and faith in one's own ability of self-work and potentials) can help overcome shyness, nervousness and the like too. (Though things may repeat themselves again, especially after a longer break on engaging.)

As someone that part of my job entails doing meetings with people multiple nationalities almost every day for the past 3 years, my 2 cents: It getts only better after the first meeting. It's one of those things that it helps greatly to just show up and keep trying.

Well, we already have 42 registered members for the workshop! :clap:The calculations are already being made and the final date will be shared here on Monday so that we can start right away :-D

If someone still wants to sign up, please feel free to do so.

PD: The spreadsheet was made to pick the better time but anyone can join at any moment after we start the workshop.
I have managed to get hold of a web cam from Amazon, not sure how long it will take to arrive.

Thank you, @Mariama and @Iron for your thoughts! Yes, I think that just starting and keep doing it helps a lot already. Someone once said to me, the first step is always the hardest one. And this network provides a sympathetic atmosphere, so in case if one is feeling insecure, others will back them, step in or help otherwise.

What would help overcome these blockages do you think? There must be all kinds of things we can do to make people feel less nervous, even in the beginning.

People who are feeling a bit apprehensive could start by sharing quotes that they found interesting, and prepare some notes beforehand if that makes them feel more confident. But sharing quotes by themselves would be perfectly fine I would imagine. What do others think?

These are good suggestions, I think. And I try to answer the above question: In my experience with workshops, if there was a good entry by the moderator with ensuing questions, leading to discussion of the material matter / dealing with the topic, it was easier for people to get into the "flow of things". It can help break the initial ice. And when people see discussions are flowing well and the atmosphere is good, they may be prompted to join in as well with some kind of contribution, eventually. It can be sharing a quote, indeed, or an impression in relation to the reading material like the Wave and the current background, say what's going on in society right now, Earth Changes and the like.

And as a sidenote, EE, when done regularly (serves also as a self-reminder here) - and good we are going to have a workshop for this as well! - helps to calm down nervousness and (social) anxieties because of its effectiveness in calming the vagus nerve ;-). Well, this group wouldn't necessitate it, as it is supportive, but it can help dealing with one's own blockages which may be there regardless, especially in the beginning. FWIW

I don't think there's going to be any issues with the discussion flowing when it's The Wave Series we're talking about.

The way any discussion works is once people start to share, the other people who just moments before couldn't think of anything to say, suddenly have an idea about what to share. And The Wave Series has ample rich material to work with. No way we're going to get stumped!

I just want to say to anyone who is nervous of this wonderful opportunity, stage jitters are totally normal for even the world's best actors... but once one gets out there on that 'stage', no matter what role you are ready to play (including 3rd spear carrier from the left who hasn't a single line to utter!) it's still a vital one for the making of the whole 'show' - and oddly enough, the nerves just vanish and something else than what you feared would happen happens. Strange that!

Ive read all 8 volumes of the Wave 4 times. And I'm cr*@'&ng myself! I can't remember my lines, and I know nothing, I'll just clam up, it will all go wrong, and, and, and... :rotfl:

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances; etc, etc

Can't wait (gulp!)

I signed up. Looking forward to taking part and going to pick up the first book of The Wave tonight or tomorrow and start reading... It has been some time since I revisited it, so looking forward to diving into it. Should be interesting having an international book discussion!

Well, we already have 42 registered members for the workshop! :clap:The calculations are already being made and the final date will be shared here on Monday so that we can start right away :-D

If someone still wants to sign up, please feel free to do so.

PD: The spreadsheet was made to pick the better time but anyone can join at any moment after we start the workshop.

I would also like to be part of these workshops. I'm really not sure of the times available, but will jump in as much as I can.

We are 57 members now! :-D

Ok, so the best single date from all the data would be: Saturdays - 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM UTC

If you have any doubts about the UTC times, you can go to any search engine and write 6 PM UTC, or 6 PM UTC [and your country].

The first meetings will allow us to tweak the workshop details, as the number of chapters per week depending on our reading pace, better times if needed, other dates, etc...

We can start with The Wave 1 Foreword and the two Notes to the Reader sections. And we can read the Autobiographical Background for the meeting that follows.

These sections are important as they will give us context.

We'll share the details for the Calendar at the beginning of the meeting.

What do you think? Ideas and suggestions are very welcome.

You have raised some good points, Learner and I think we could take these into account. What would help overcome these blockages do you think? There must be all kinds of things we can do to make people feel less nervous, even in the beginning.

People who are feeling a bit apprehensive could start by sharing quotes that they found interesting, and prepare some notes beforehand if that makes them feel more confident. But sharing quotes by themselves would be perfectly fine I would imagine. What do others think?

That's a great idea, Mariamma!

Remember that you can connect with your camera turned off if you feel more comfortable at the beginning. And in general, you'll feel more and more comfortable during the meetings as you continue to participate.

Yes, I am. Used Zoom this week for a meeting with friends. We all got disconnected at the 40 minute mark. There is even a counter in the desktop version. Very annoying. We had to constantly generate new meeting links every 40 minutes.

We have a premium account for the Workshops ;-), so don't worry about the time limit.

So, what do you think about the idea of starting next Saturday (11th)? :wizard: This means that we would need to read the Foreword and the two Notes to the Reader sections of The Wave Vol. 1 this week.

Ok, so the best single date from all the data would be: Saturdays - 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM UTC

If you have any doubts about the UTC times, you can go to any search engine and write 6 PM UTC, or 6 PM UTC [and your country].

The first meetings will allow us to tweak the workshop details, as the number of chapters per week depending on our reading pace, better times if needed, other dates, etc...

We can start with The Wave 1 Foreword and the two Notes to the Reader sections. And we can read the Autobiographical Background for the meeting that follows.

Remember that you can connect with your camera turned off if you feel more comfortable at the beginning. And in general, you'll feel more and more comfortable during the meetings as you continue to participate.

We have a premium account for the Workshops ;-), so don't worry about the time limit.

So, what do you think about the idea of starting next Saturday (11th)? :wizard: This means that we would need to read the Foreword and the two Notes to the Reader sections of The Wave Vol. 1 this week.
Please can you tell me what time is in France? Thank you!

I'm all for it. Let's go! Next Saturday here we go!

I checked your instructions Logos, is that possible that my time is 7 AM? :huh:

I just have access to the Internet version, is that chapter One ? If not can someone tell where to find this foreword and the notes to the reader? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom