Cassiopaea Marketplace

Minas Tirith

Jedi Council Member
This is an idea. I have sold a couple of books here on the Forum, but was always unsure where to post. I remember that another member sold a fir blanket a couple of months ago. What about having a thread where Forum members can sell what they have on offer? Strictly private sales and Cassiopaea related, of course?

Both times I had very good experiences and did the transaction through Paypal. I understand that the buyer is protected against fraud there.

If it's too much work for a moderator to monitor the thread I am offering my help with it.

M.T.

Besides information and tips for research, the forum and Sott have occasionally turned up some very interesting products (like the Vipukirves log splitter!). I second the motion to have a little barter/trade/craft/product thread.

I've often thought about it and setting up some kind of website to manage it where a percentage of all sales would go to FOTCM.

oooooo...Yes, Yes, yes...lets look into and lets DO if Ok w group. This is synchronistically what I have been working on for a month in a different domain, and I was just thinking that this would be good for FOTCM, or any widespread , yet wholly communicative "group".

I don't "buy" things w any govt/fiat currency,( i have none), yet i can and do trade all the time for what i need. Robinson Caruso does live in suburban nowhere and i get along well enough. Have you met my friend the archetypical "Friday"?...lafn

It's a simple 'create a yahoo group" or similar , and then post wants and needs:available and available. People just match up from within the network. It works ! ...as in the "freecycle groups" in operation for years now on the web.

I personally think it's a great idea and if the shipping costs could get covered or partly would be fair enough and then a donation to FOTCM in whatever amount is suitable for the person.

Good idea! Is it meant to buy and sale members to members? We could start a thread and see if there are people who will participate, if not so there is no need to creat separate homepage. ;)

There are e-commerce platforms that have multi-vendor capabilities where the owner of the site receives a commission of the sales made by vendors. People set up an account and post listings (vendors would set the price, write the description upload a pic and enter the cost of shipping), basically how etsy or ebay works.

This is really a cool idea;

We can also use a similar method as one dutch forum uses:

They have a seperate subthread called: Selling & Lookingfor. Every time someone wants to sell something or when someone wants something they create a thread starting the title with example; [SELLING] - Laptop or [Lookingfor] - Book. Then the people that are interested reply in the thread and when a deal is made they continue the address and shipping through Personal Messaging.

This way moderators will also have a constant eye on what is being sold and can assist in when problems may arrise.

Bo said:
This is really a cool idea;

We can also use a similar method as one dutch forum uses:

They have a seperate subthread called: Selling & Lookingfor. Every time someone wants to sell something or when someone wants something they create a thread starting the title with example; [SELLING] - Laptop or [Lookingfor] - Book. Then the people that are interested reply in the thread and when a deal is made they continue the address and shipping through Personal Messaging.

This way moderators will also have a constant eye on what is being sold and can assist in when problems may arrise.

Not what I had in mind. See above about storefront software that can handle this sort of thing more or less automatically without cluttering the forum.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

Today I have ordered the Eiriu Eolas DVD set from Pilule Rouge:
Order #203, Paypal ID:43807814B2538450R.

In addition, I have received from Amazon last Thursday copies of Laura's "High Strangeness" and "Secret History of the World".

I have some work ahead of me!

Thanks to all! The system is working.

MusicMan said:
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

Today I have ordered the Eiriu Eolas DVD set from Pilule Rouge:
Order #203, Paypal ID:43807814B2538450R.

In addition, I have received from Amazon last Thursday copies of Laura's "High Strangeness" and "Secret History of the World".

I have some work ahead of me!

Thanks to all! The system is working.

I am happy to say that I have today received the DVD's from France, thanks to all involved.
That only took 19 days!

Back
Top Bottom