Cassiopedia and Glossary status

Etevarran

Padawan Learner
I wanted to ask about the status of Cassiopedia and the Esoteric Glossary. Are these sources being updated somehow, or not? There are many article titles in the Glossary in black (http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?l=All) which I hoped would be created someday, since they are very important concepts like the rest; but it's been many years and the articles still don't exist. I expected Cassiopedia to finally expand on this missing information, but AFAIK Cassiopedia is still just a mirror of the Glossary without any additions. It does have pages for the missing articles from the Glossary, but all these pages are empty. The Cassiopedia main page history says there hasn't been an update since 2008.

So I have to ask, will these articles be written someday, or is the project abandoned/finalized and left as is? I would hope not, since I'm sure I'm not alone when I say these are vital sources of knowledge and understanding, and the missing articles would significantly expand on their already great usefulness.

Cesar said:
I wanted to ask about the status of Cassiopedia and the Esoteric Glossary. Are these sources being updated somehow, or not? There are many article titles in the Glossary in black (http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?l=All) which I hoped would be created someday, since they are very important concepts like the rest; but it's been many years and the articles still don't exist. I expected Cassiopedia to finally expand on this missing information, but AFAIK Cassiopedia is still just a mirror of the Glossary without any additions. It does have pages for the missing articles from the Glossary, but all these pages are empty. The Cassiopedia main page history says there hasn't been an update since 2008.

So I have to ask, will these articles be written someday, or is the project abandoned/finalized and left as is? I would hope not, since I'm sure I'm not alone when I say these are vital sources of knowledge and understanding, and the missing articles would significantly expand on their already great usefulness.

Well, Cesar, there is much to do and we are too few. As I'm sure you're aware, all of the information you see on these pages - and all the associated pages - has been provided completely free of charge by people working on an all-volunteer basis. Our plates are piled so high with things to do that we can't see over them. Yes, at some point, work on the Cassiopedia will continue, but considering the fact that we have a cutting edge news website (sott.net) with several million unique hits a day, a very active forum, original analysis articles regularly written with videos and audios produced, a print magazine (Dot Connector) produced, conferences held and a revolutionary breathing program (EE) being spread globally, I think we're doing a pretty bang up job for a group of people who do it all on a volunteer basis.

In other words - perhaps trying to appreciate what is available rather than expecting more might be more beneficial to you?

Of course I appreciate everything that has already been accomplished by the efforts of everyone who volunteers to work on projects such as the Glossary and Cassiopedia. I wouldn't ask about these projects if that weren't the case. I am more than grateful for all the efforts on this and any other projects, all highly admirable endeavors. I was simply asking to know if the Glossary project was still on the table as one of these projects to work on, or if the work on it had ended. Six and a half years of not hearing anything new about it certainly piqued my interest.

Far from expecting anything from anyone, I felt the need to express my admiration as well as my concern for the project. I myself would volunteer to work on expanding the glossary if I considered myself nearly as knowledgeable and thoroughly versed as those who dedicated themselves to writing the articles of the glossary. I am aware of how much work it takes, because the results show it aplenty. So I have to say thank you for clarifying that work on the glossary will continue at some point. But I'd certainly be lying if I didn't say that I am indeed looking forward to the day when we all get to learn even more new things from the glossary.

Cesar said:
But I'd certainly be lying if I didn't say that I am indeed looking forward to the day when we all get to learn even more new things from the glossary.

Personally, I am learning new things everyday by reading the recommended books, the sott page, the forum, and all else that's available in the cass pages. In fact, even if no more is posted, it will still take me a while to go through everything that is already offered. :whlchair: :scooter:

Also, if you want to find what the words that are in black on the glossary mean, you can search them here on the forum. Most of them have been discussed in the threads. Hope this helps, Cesar.

Alana said:
Cesar said:
But I'd certainly be lying if I didn't say that I am indeed looking forward to the day when we all get to learn even more new things from the glossary.

Personally, I am learning new things everyday by reading the recommended books, the sott page, the forum, and all else that's available in the cass pages. In fact, even if no more is posted, it will still take me a while to go through everything that is already offered. :whlchair: :scooter:

I agree with Alana, there's a endless supply of knowledge here that keeps growing by the day! The Cassiopedia website is a great tool to reference concepts and keywords used here that might be unfamiliar. It still seems to serve its purpose today, even if it hasn't been updated in awhile. Just keep up with what's going on in the forum, SOTT and the recommended books and you'll be well on your way to a Cass graduate study course. :grad:

Cassiopedia is currently down. :(

downforeveryoneorjustme.com said:
It's not just you! http://cassiopedia.org looks down from here.

Edit: http://glossary.cassiopaea.com is the new site URL?

Skyalmian said:
Cassiopedia is currently down. :(

downforeveryoneorjustme.com said:
It's not just you! http://cassiopedia.org looks down from here.

Edit: http://glossary.cassiopaea.com is the new site URL?

The Esoteric Glossary is actually the older of the two, but both sites contain exactly the same info. EDIT: So while Cassiopedia is down, you can read the same entries on the older site. (Cassiopedia was meant to grow bigger than the Esoteric Glossary, but it never got active after the old contents were copied over.)

Back
Top Bottom