Ongoing Events in China

erna said:
Something that might help you understand one of the reasons why Africa is in the state that it's in, is understanding the psyche of the black man a little better. They possess a characteristic that is completely in opposition to the way the capitalistic, Caucasian mind works. As a black African, you are not allowed to be a 'have' amongst 'have nots'.
erna said:
Speaking of them or treating them collectively is another mistake you tend to make.
Please read your first statement collectively referencing the black man's psyche and Caucasian minds. Perhaps we both make the mistake of treating Africans collectively.
erna said:
Diagnosing psychopathic behaviour as anything other than psychopathic behaviour infuriates me.
Please read your quote on black man's psyche. You are attributing the burning and sabotage to black man's psyche. Is your fury triggered by seeing yourself?
go2 said:
horrified at the methodical murder of families by their neighbors. The imperial west sanitizes the slaughter of millions
erna said:
I notice that you, too, use pretty words for plain and simple criminal and barbaric behaviour.
Which pretty words are you refering to? I understand you are witnessing and/or experiencing daily atrocities. I have no wish to avoid the present horror with pretty words. Torture and murder are common place in the world. The historical context of Africa's suffering is the track of psychopath and the contagion of psychopathic behavior in populations worldwide. Laura's
post this morning in the religion section will add context to your fury.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4641&p=4

go2, your posts of late to domivr, mamadrama and Erna have had a rather unpleasant confrontational tone. It would be appreciated if you could tone it down a bit - no need for venom when logic will do. If one must use venom because one is lacking facts, then restraining oneself from posting is highly preferable to what you've been up to of late.

In short - there is no need to be brusque when discussion will do.

Re Telperion's visual aid. Russia is a bit of a surprise; it doesn't look overly populated at all. Perhaps they were having a power cut when this image was taken?

As for there not being an organised system of government after a celestial bombardment, there will be when the PTB finally emerge from their underground bunkers/bases.

go2 said:
Which pretty words are you referring to?
These:

go2 said:
The black African tribal concept of community perceives individualism an existential threat to its reality.
In relation to someone torching someone else’s house.

Just call a spade a spade. Torching someone else's house is criminal behaviour, in any mentally sane person's terms. If it was culturally expectable behaviour, or "an existential threat to their reality" the majority of them will not be appalled by it.

EDIT: Maybe it's just good old jealousy. Who knows?

Anart said:
no need for venom
None whatsoever.

wow, very interesting article from the dailymail...and it's definitely drenched in fear mongering language but who could really be surprised at this? Sending ships filled with heroin to Chinese shores won't work as well the second time around the way it did the first time so now the attempt at undermining Chinese culture and legitimacy is becoming increasingly psychological just in time for the Beijing Olympics.

What China is doing on the African continent is entirely self serving and probably not in the long term best interests of Africans but the question is, who can stop them? This article from the dailymail is very perplexing. Did the writers and editors there suddenly come down with Alzheimer's? The West is hardly in a position to wag their finger at China seeing as how many, many, many a respectable Western fortune/corporation was founded on the spoils of colonialism/slavery.

dailymail.co.uk said:
Almost 30 years ago, Britain pulled out of Zimbabwe - as it had done already out of the rest of Africa, in the wake of Harold Macmillan's 'wind of change' speech. Today, Mugabe says: 'We have turned East, where the sun rises, and given our backs to the West, where the sun sets.'

Despite Britain's commendable colonial legacy of a network of roads, railways and schools, the British are now being shunned.
What? They're being shunned? But why...for what possible reason? Darn those ungrateful Africans! *rolls eyes one thousand times*

dailymail.co.uk said:
Yet Sir Francis Galton, it now appears, was ahead of his time.
That the name if this Nazi psycho would be invoked in any manner to bolster the propaganda of this article is just disgusting. What were they thinking? Is the dailymail a right wing tabloid?

dailymail.co.uk said:
The Chinese - who now buy half of all Sudan's oil - have happily provided armoured vehicles, aircraft and millions of bullets and grenades in return for lucrative deals. Indeed, an estimated £1billion of Chinese cash has been spent on weapons.
This is extremely interesting. The real reason for the manufactured "save Darfur" mania in the West appears to be something other than interest in the welfare of civilians. Most people I speak with aren't even aware that Darfur has large oil deposits.

erna said:
Once the masses decide no more, (and this might take decades) they'll start sabotaging anything Chinese. They'll set Chinese buildings and houses on fire, they'll kill any Chinese person they see, the way they did with the whites in Kenya, the Portuguese in Mozambique and the white farmers in Zimbabwe. Just give it time.
It appears your view of "African nature" precludes any peaceful negotiation with the Chinese. I doubt massacres of the Chinese will take place unless the Chinese decide to enforce policies of genocide, aparthide and economic slavery on the continent. The Chinese may or may not consider themselves as superior to Africans, however, being extremely savvy business people operating on a world stage they will be very careful to mask and cloak all of their true intentions. They will most likely attempt to deceive the Africans with gestures of aid and humanitarian projects until one day the indigenous people wake up on a barren continent stripped of natural resources. By that point the Chinese will be either long gone or locked up inside their self sustaining and well fortified China towns.

anart said:
go2, your posts of late to domivr, mamadrama and Erna have had a rather unpleasant confrontational tone. It would be appreciated if you could tone it down a bit - no need for venom when logic will do. If one must use venom because one is lacking facts, then restraining oneself from posting is highly preferable to what you've been up to of late.
Thanks anart, and my apology to domivr, mamadrama and Erna for allowing my emotional
reaction to the orchestrated campaign of "blame the Chinese" in Western press to be misdirected
by rudeness to my fellows. I read the threads several times to understand how I can easily
lose my focus when an emotional program starts to run. I went back to a thread on the Olympic
Torch Protests, http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8641&p=2 , to reexamine how
I am being confrontational, what the triggers are, what I am feeling at the moment, etc. I can see
the reaction, but don't know how to make a positive contribution without confrontation. I appreciate
the suggestion that I stick to facts and logic. I will make an effort.

No hard feelings, Go2. The topic at hand usually ends up with insults and doors being slammed in my family as well.

Erna, thanks for the note, it is indeed hell on earth in Africa. http://www.sott.net/articles/show/162564-Congo-Women-Left-for-Dead-and-the-Man-Who-s-Saving-Them

The following article discusses the anglo-american financial empire's on going attempt to destabilize and depopulate Africa. It is a different view of the same reality presented in the dailymail article starting this thread. It revealing to see the different perspectives and agendas as two empires battle for control of the vast resources of Africa, and its people be damned. I thought the reference to NSSM 200 a useful context for understanding the terror unleashed on Africa by the PTB has likely been planned for decades or maybe millenia, but that is a different topic.

I have a technical question on the paste. Can I disable a link when I post it?
Is it acceptable to cut and paste copywrite material or should I paste
the entire article which is rather long?

This article appears in the July 25, 2008 issue of Executive Intelligence Review.
Imperial Criminal Court'
Opens Gates of Hell in Africa
by Lawrence K. Freeman

British imperialists escalated their ongoing destabilization of Africa on July 14, with the decision by Luis Moreno-Ocampo, prosecutor for the International Criminal Court (ICC), to file charges of "genocide and crimes against humanity" against Sudanese President Gen. Omar al-Bashir. The British and their collaborators want to eliminate the sovereignty of African nations, so that Africa's population can be greatly reduced, thus ensuring that Africa does not "use up" its vast resource wealth for its own development, and for trade with Asia, China in particular. There is no mistake of the timing, the intent, and the forces behind this unprecedented action, which is premised on completely false charges. It is intended to blow apart Sudan's North-South peace settlement, plunging the country even deeper into civil war. The consequences of the ICC's decision, if not reversed, not only would be devastating to Sudan, and the stability of the Horn of Africa, but because of Sudan's strategic importance, the entire continent would bleed.

The hand of the British and the hypocrisy of the ICC's claims are revealed by the fact that one of the major funders and creators of the ICC is British agent, billionaire speculator, and former Nazi collaborator George Soros. Upon hearing of Soros's role in the formation of the ICC, through his Open Society Initiative and Justice Initiative networks, Lyndon LaRouche said: "If the International Criminal Court is to have any claim on credibility, let them take up the case of a real Nazi collaborator." If anyone should be put on trial before the ICC, on charges of genocide and crimes against humanity, it is George Soros (see Documentation, below).

The immediate danger to Sudan and Africa is that if the ICC is successful in de-legitimizing Bashir's Presidency, then negotiations between the government and opposition groups become impossible. As one African from the Washington diplomatic corps told me following the release of the ICC charges: "We have two options for Sudan. One is to maintain a positive peace process. The other is for chaos and the collapse into a failed state."

International opposition to the ICC move came swiftly. On July 14, in talks with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in Paris, according to the Egyptian daily Al-Ahram, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak warned that the ICC escalation threatens to foil negotiation efforts between the Sudan government and rebels in Darfur. Egypt has promised to do all it can to avert any measure against the Sudanese leader that could further destabilize the country.

The Africa Union (AU) also denounced the ICC move. "We would like ICC to suspend its decision to seek al-Bashir's arrest for a moment until we sort out the primary problems in Darfur and southern Sudan," Tanzanian Foreign Affairs Minister Bernard Membe said, speaking on behalf of Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete, who chairs the African Union. "If you arrest al-Bashir," he continued, "you will create a leadership vacuum in Sudan. The outcome could be equal to that of Iraq. There would be an increase in anarchy, there would be an increase in civil war. Fighting between Chad and Sudan would increase."

The 22-member Arab League called for a July 19 emergency meeting of its foreign ministers, at the request of the Sudan government, to discuss how to diplomatically foil the ICC provocation. Arab League chief Amr Moussa was to travel to Sudan July 20, to report to President al-Bashir.

According to the Middle East Times on July 15, China, which is one of Sudan's major investors and buyers of its oil, expressed deep "concern and worry." The ICC "should be conducive to maintaining the stability of the Sudanese situation, and to the proper resolution of the problems of Darfur, not the contrary," a Chinese government statement said.

Russia's Ambassador to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin, called on the UN to "exercise restraint and find solutions that will help the people of Sudan and resolve the crisis in Darfur."

The Times added that Sudan's main opposition parties and critics of the Bashir regime have united with the government in rejecting the ICC decision, and vowed to prevent the President from being prosecuted in the international court, calling this a violation of the country's sovereignty and independence.

Blowing Up the Peace Process
Andrew Natsios, former U.S. Special Envoy to Sudan (2005-07), responded immediately to the indictment by the ICC with a statement entitled "A Disaster in the Making." After cautioning human rights groups focussed on Darfur against applauding the ICC's decision, he warned them "to think again about their enthusiasm." Natsios went on to say: "The question all of us must ask who care about what happens to the long-suffering Sudanese people is this: what are the peaceful options for a way out of the crisis facing the country and what measures are likely to move the country closer to that way out rather than further away? Without a political settlement Sudan may go the way of Somalia, pre-genocide Rwanda, or the Democratic Republic of the Congo." He concludes: "This indictment may well shut off the last remaining hope for a political settlement for the country."

Over recent months, saner forces in the Untied States, including Natsios, have been working with leaders in Sudan to prevent the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) from failing. The CPA ended 20 years of bloodshed between the North and the South, and led to the formation of a Unity Government composed of the Sudan People's Liberation Movement representing the South, and the National Congress Party for the North. Despite difficult moments, the CPA has prevented the country from returning to North-South war, and it is hoped that it will serve as a model to solve other conflicts in Sudan, including that in Darfur.

After fighting broke out between soldiers from both sides in Abyei (an oil-producing region whose boundaries are in dispute) earlier this year, concerned people recognized that if the CPA were allowed to go down, all of Sudan would go down with it. After the signing of the CPA in January 2005, international attention and money were diverted from the full implementation of the agreement, into the Darfur crisis, which has only become more intractable. Allegations of genocide against the Bashir government, promoted by the media, Hollywood celebrities, and former and current British, U.S., and European government officials, has been part of the dangerous and failed policy of "regime change." The claim that the Bashir government is pursuing a so-called Arab cleansing of the so-called Africans in the Darfur region is simplistically untrue, meant for simpletons who are willing victims of "group think" propaganda. In Darfur, almost all the people doing the killing and being killed are Muslims, in a complex, multi-nation war that involves Chad, Libya, the Central African Republic, and other countries not in the immediate conflict zone.

Sudan's Strategic Value
To understand the strategic importance of Sudan, start with the mighty Nile River, which flows north from Sudan through Egypt before emptying into the Mediterranean Sea. Think about what would happen to the 80 million Egyptians, 25% of whom inhabit Cairo, and who depend on the Nile for their very existence, if Sudan implodes through internecine warfare. Who will honor the 1959 water agreement between Egypt and Sudan? What will the Egyptian government do if the flow of water from the Nile is interrupted? Will they not be forced to act, militarily if necessary? Now, think about the countries that border Sudan, all of which are suffering from severe political and economic troubles: Chad, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, and Eritrea. Who benefits, and who will suffer from the decision made by Soros's ICC, acting as a "world court" over and above the interest of the nation-state?

Now think about what Sudan could be for Africa. It is the largest nation on the continent, with the proven potential to feed all of Africa, if it were assisted in managing its water systems, mechanizing its agriculture, and providing irrigation. Instead of sliding into chaos, Sudan could become the "breadbasket" of Africa. The completion of the Merowe Dam, in collaboration with China, provides a glimpse of the potential for food production that is possible with basic infrastructure. (See "Defying Britain's Genocide System: Sudan's Great Project in Agriculture," EIR, July 18, 2008). What is the true potential of Sudan and Africa, if credits for long-term investments in water systems, high-speed rail transportation, and nuclear power were extended by the West, instead of formenting wars and destabilizing poor nations? Sudan with its size, location, and agricultural potential can play a central role in the development of Africa, if we are wise enough to assist it for that purpose.

Why Africa Is Targeted
Look at a map of Africa. Start in Nigeria and let your eyes move east across Sudan to Ethiopia and Somalia. Then look south from Sudan through Kenya, to Tanzania, across Zambia, to Zimbabwe, and finally to South Africa, which represents a portion of Britain's old colonial empire. Now look at the destabilization of these former colonies, including the recent elections: Nigeria's flawed Presidential election in April 2007, the organized mayhem that followed Kenya's December 2007 Presidential election, and the crisis organized from outside following Zimbabwe's March 2008 Presidential election. And what do you think is being planned for South Africa's Presidential election in 2009? Will there even be a Sudan in which to have national elections that are presently scheduled for the Spring of 2009?

The British imperialists have never given up their desire to eliminate even the semblance of an independent nation in Africa, that could offer resistance to their policy of controlling the abundant, rich land, and vast resource wealth. To this very day, British Labour Party leader and Prime Minister Gordon Brown, like his predecessor, Tony Blair, cannot accept the fact that Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe and millions of courageous Zimbabweans will not submit to British control of their nation, and will not return the land that rightfully belongs to them. The people of Zimbabwe have fought longer and harder than any other African nation against the heirs of Cecil Rhodes, the founder of British imperialism in Africa; and Zimbabwe still today represents a bulwark against British re-colonialization. Many otherwise thoughtful people refuse to understand that the British oligarchy still functions as an empire, but an empire whose power comes from an international financial syndicate, known as the Anglo-Dutch oligarchy.

This British policy of treating Africans as chattel, wiping out their people, and looting their resources became the official, although not public policy of the United States, under President Richard Nixon, with Henry Kissinger's 1974 National Security Study Memorandum 200 (NSSM 200). This report targeted the fastest-growing populations in the "Third World" for population reduction—i.e., genocide. It also sought to prevent those nations from expending their natural resources for their own benefit, when these resources were deemed vital to the Western financial cartels. NSSM 200 was a Malthusian tirade against population growth, especially that of non-Caucasian people, but also included the importance of the "advanced sector" having a continuous flow of "mineral supplies" from developing countries which had high rates of population growth.

In its Executive Summary, under the subhead, "Minerals and Fuels," Kissinger's report states: "Rapid population growth is not in itself a major factor in pressure in depletable resources (fossil fuels and other minerals), since demand for them depends more on levels of industrial output than on numbers of people. On the other hand, the world is increasingly dependent on mineral supplies from developing countries, and if rapid population growth frustrates their prospects for economic development and social progress, the resulting instability may undermine conditions for expanded output and sustained flows of such resources" (emphasis added).

If one truly desires to understand why people are suffering in such horrible conditions today, and why countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Sudan, Zimbabwe, and South Africa are under attack, one need only refer to NSSM 200.

This article is disturbing, yet no surprise.

go2 said:
I have a technical question on the paste. Can I disable a link when I post it?
Yes, just put an underscore in front of it.

go2 said:
Is it acceptable to cut and paste copywrite material or should I paste the entire article which is rather long?
If you reference the source, there's no problems. Copying and pasting material is better, cause you never know if a URL you're linking to will be disabled at some point or another.

go2 said:
Why Africa Is Targeted
[...]Now look at the destabilization of these former colonies, including the recent elections: Nigeria's flawed Presidential election in April 2007, the organized mayhem that followed Kenya's December 2007 Presidential election, and the crisis organized from outside following Zimbabwe's March 2008 Presidential election. And what do you think is being planned for South Africa's Presidential election in 2009? Will there even be a Sudan in which to have national elections that are presently scheduled for the Spring of 2009?
Is an African dictator refusing to relinquish power and inflicting genocide on his own people really manipulated from the outside though? How are the tribal conflicts manipulated? Each and every one different in cause and nature from the next.

Source: __http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/world/asia/13china.html

BEIJING — One of China’s top Internet regulators warned bluntly on Friday that any move by Google to stop censoring its Chinese search engine would be “irresponsible” and would draw a response from Beijing.

Vincent Thain/Associated Press

Li Yizhong, China's minister of industry and information technology, spoke Friday about his country's dispute with Google.

The statement by Li Yizhong, China’s minister of industry and information technology, followed a statement on Wednesday by Google’s chief executive officer, Eric Schmidt, that “something will happen soon” in the two-month standoff over Internet censorship between his company and the Chinese government.

But it was no more clear on Friday what that something might be than it was two months ago, when Google executives first threatened to pull out of China unless the government stopped forcing it to censor the results of users’ Internet searches.

Chinese journalists outside Google’s Beijing offices on Friday said they had heard the company was planning to close its doors here. But a Google spokeswoman denied that in an article on Thursday in the government-run English-language newspaper, China Daily.

Google’s China businesses “are still at normal,” and rumors that the company had ordered its Chinese advertising agencies to cease work were not true, the spokeswoman, Marsha Wang, told the newspaper. At Google’s headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., another spokeswoman, Jill Hazelbaker, declined to comment on the statements from Mr. Li or any other aspect of its dispute with China.

A company spokesperson said Wednesday that Google expected the dispute to be settled “in weeks, not months.”

Speaking on the sidelines of the annual meeting of the National People’s Congress, China’s party-controlled legislature, Mr. Li said that he hoped for an amicable resolution to the standoff. But he gave no indication that the government would ease the censorship rules that are at the heart of Google’s ultimatum.

“I hope Google will abide by Chinese laws and regulations,” The Associated Press quoted Mr. Li as saying. But “if you want to do something that disobeys Chinese law and regulations, you are unfriendly, you are irresponsible and you will have to bear the consequences.”

Whether the company chooses to remain in China, he added, will be up to Google.

Since it opened shop in China four years ago, Google has captured roughly 30 percent of the search market in the world’s largest assemblage of Internet users, and it is a favorite among the better-educated and wealthier classes that advertisers covet. But the company has long been uncomfortable with Chinese demands that it censor search results to prevent users from viewing some kinds of content, notably political matters that the government deems unacceptable.

Google’s Chinese Web site does censor some of its content, but its restrictions are generally less onerous than elsewhere, and the censored items are clearly identified as having been banned by the authorities.

People briefed on the situation said that Google was still trying to decide how to proceed. The company said on Jan. 12 that it was no longer willing to cooperate with Chinese censors. That said, it was not clear whether Google would unilaterally stop censoring results on Google.cn, its China-based search engine, in open defiance of China’s warnings. It is also possible that the company intends to shut down Google.cn and try to reach Chinese customers instead through its search engine based in the United States.

Google issued its threat to leave China after concluding that a sophisticated hacker attack on its computers and about 20 other American targets had originated in China. The company has not directly accused the Chinese government of sponsoring the attack, but it did note that the hackers’ targets included the e-mail accounts of Chinese human rights activists. China’s human rights community is the frequent object of government surveillance and oppression.

China has denied any role in the Google attacks and has said it will punish the hackers if they are found. American experts have said subsequently that the attacks had been traced to computers at a prominent Chinese technical university and a vocational school with ties to the Chinese military.

Since Google first disclosed the hacking incident, executives there have said that the company would like to keep its engineering, sales and other businesses in China, even if it cannot reach a resolution over Google.cn. And Google executives have said privately that they are not likely to take any actions that could compromise the safety of their employees in China.

The Chinese have sometimes cast Google’s complaints as part of an American effort to establish global hegemony over the information on the Internet. Officials here reacted brusquely after Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, in a February speech, chided the Chinese government for restricting free speech online.

More recently, however, the government appears to have sought to play down differences, saying that the Google dispute is not a threat to relations with Washington. Nor is China making any effort to prevent Chinese companies from adopting other Google products, like its Android operating system for cellphones and other mobile devices.

Little is known about efforts by Google and Chinese officials to resolve the dispute, and news reports on the talks have sometimes contradicted one another. Mr. Li, of the Information Technology Ministry, told Reuters last week that the government was working with Google to resolve matters, but his vice minister, Miao Wei, later told the state-run Xinhua news agency that Google had yet to turn over a report on the hacker attacks to the ministry.

Negotiations may be complicated by the fact that Internet regulation is split among a bevy of Chinese government agencies.

On Friday, Mr. Li said only that “Google has made its case both privately and publicly.”

Hello

Pentagon 2010 raport about china /U.S. Wants Renewed Military Contacts with Chin

U.S. Wants Renewed Military Contacts with China

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Aug. 17, 2010 – Resumption of military-to-military contacts between the United States and China is in both countries’ best interests, senior defense officials said yesterday.

The officials, speaking on background about a new report delivered to Congress yesterday, also said the Chinese have not been as transparent as they could be about their military transformation program, leaving the Sino-U.S. dialogue open to misunderstanding and miscommunications that could lead to miscalculations.

The congressionally mandated annual report, titled “Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China 2010,” was released on a day when officials announced China has surpassed Japan as the world’s second-largest economy. China should have a gross domestic product of just over $5 trillion this year. The United States has the world’s largest economy, with just over $15 trillion.

The booming Chinese economy is a good thing for the world, the report says, noting that the Chinese middle class is growing by leaps and bounds. The economic expansion has given the Chinese government the money needed to transform its military.

“We welcome a strong, prosperous and successful China,” a senior defense official said, noting that a strong China has played an increasingly important role on the international stage.

“At the same time,” the official added, “the Chinese government has embarked on a mission to transform its military into a modern force capable of conducting a growing range of military missions.”

A decade ago, China’s army issued a new roles and missions statement that goes beyond the country’s immediate territorial interests. Some of the growth is good: China is participating in humanitarian relief, peacekeeping, search and rescue and counterpiracy missions. At the same time, “the lack of transparency around China’s growing capabilities and its intentions have raised questions about Chinese investments in the military and security sphere,” the official said.

This worries planners and strategists in the Pentagon. The Chinese have not been open about anti-access capabilities they are developing, about cyber attacks, or even about the cost of their military effort, officials said.

In March, Chinese army leaders announced a 7.5 percent increase in the country’s military budget to about $78.6 billion. “The [Defense Department] estimate of China’s total military-related spending for 2009 stands at some $150 billion,” the senior defense official said.

“The complexity of the regional and global security environment, as well as the advances in China’s military capabilities and its expanding military operations and mission, call for a stable, reliable and continuous dialogue between the armed forces of the United States and China to expand practical cooperation where our national interests converge and to discuss candidly those areas where we have disagreement,” the senior defense official said. “Such dialogue is especially important, we believe, during periods when there is friction and turbulence.”

The Chinese ended the military-to-military dialogue with the United States after the United States sold $6.4 billion in defensive weapons to Taiwan in accordance with the Taiwan Relations Act of 1979. It was the second such halt in recent years.

Last year -- the year covered by the new report -- Sino-U.S. military-to-military relations were good. But the on-again, off-again nature of China’s engagement with the U.S. military ended the period of civility and progress in the military-to-military relationship.

The stop-and-go cycle limits the areas the two militaries can discuss. Even more troubling given China’s increasing military capabilities, this cycle increases the risk that miscommunication and misperception could lead to miscalculation, the official said.

“Moreover, we believe that it is in our mutual interests … that we have a balanced and reciprocal dialogue allowing us to build mutual trust, cooperative capacity, institutional understanding, and develop common views, all of those things on our normal checklist, and that there is a real cost to the absence of military-military relations,” the official said.

The United States has tried to restart the contacts. It is now up to China to make the next move and “demonstrate that it is in their interest to stay in that relationship and that they desire to sustain these engagements through periods of turbulence,” the official said.

In the near term, the Chinese are preparing for a Taiwan contingency. China also is developing the capability to attack at long range military forces operating in the Western Pacific. The capability still is limited, but it can grow in numbers and accuracy, the official said.

China has the most active ballistic and cruise missile development program in the world. The Chinese are developing new classes of missiles, upgrading others and working on countering ballistic missile defenses.

At sea, China’s navy has the largest force of principal combatant submarines and amphibious warfare ships in Asia. China continues to invest heavily in nuclear-powered submarines and diesel electric boats. It’s also building an aircraft carrier and other combatant surface ships.

The Chinese are also developing space and cyber capabilities, pursuing the ability to dominate across the spectrum of information in all its dimensions on modern battle space, the official said.

“China’s investment in advanced electronic warfare systems, counterspace weapons and computer network operations reflect the emphasis and priority China’s leaders place on building capability in these areas,” the senior defense official said.

News Listing

Full raport can be found at this link :

http://www.defense.gov/pubs/pdfs/2010_CMPR_Final.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this is part of the game.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/02/02/Major-evacuation-after-SW-China-earthquake/UPI-46791296650674/

An earthquake that damaged nearly 700 homes forced some 65,000 people into shelters Wednesday in China's southwestern Yunnan province.

The quake hit Yingjiang County Tuesday afternoon and had a magnitude of 4.8 on the open-ended Richter scale, county officials told the Xinhua news agency.

There was no immediate report on injuries, but officials said 229 homes had been seriously damaged and 448 others had sustained lesser damage, the report said.

The quake's center was about 6 miles deep, geologists said.

The quake came just before Chinese New Year Thursday and county officials said they were trying to ensure a "merry and safe" celebration for evacuees by providing them with tents, blankets, coats and 10 tons of rice, Xinhua said.

Hum! 6 miles if I remember correctly is about 10 km. Where did I saw this dept again.

One day we got Alien disclosure talk and the next a Earthquake. What tomorrow will bring!

Back
Top Bottom