chocolate cake, muffins or soufflé

I would like to share this recipe which I'm still trying on different version changing the amount of the ingredients,shapes and cooking times.
Still it's always delicious even when I do something wrong and it just comes out as a chocolate omelette :P
The recipe I'm going to give you is the one that till now is giving me the best results.

ingredients:

8 eggs
5 or more tablespoon of Xilitol
250 gr. of butter
1/2 vanilla bean or vanilla extract
6 tablespoon of chocolate powder

in two bowls divide the eggs whites from the yolks.
With an electric beater beat until stiff the whites (add a pinch of salt to help it)
in a small pot melt half of the xilitol first then add the butter and let them melting together with the vanilla seeds that you have extracted from the bean opening it and scratching the interior with a knife.
When the ingredients are liquefied let them cool a bit.
Then beat the egg yolks with the rest of xilitol till they reach a creamy white consistency.
Add the butter wile the beater is still working, if you can pour it little by little but continuously from high above it will cool also a bit wile discending.
When eggs yolks,butter etc are mixed well, add the chocolate powder and continue on beating.
If the mix is too solid add a bit of water or if you tolerate it a bit of coffee. it has to be creamy but not too liquid.
Now, with a scoop, gently stir the whites with the other mixture be careful so that the whites will not loose their stiffness (then you'll have the chocolate omelette...)
Grease with butter a cake pan (larger for a thin, solid chocolate cake, smaller for a souffle)
Put it in the oven

Now for the thin chocolate cake use a preheated oven on 180° and in 15/20 min the work is done. Same if you want to do muffins

For the souffle you preheat at 250°, you keep the cake inside for 10 min more or less. then you turn off the oven and you let the cake in with the oven open a bit.say for other ten min.
That way you'll have a solid cake with a melting inside of creamy chocolate.

For more taste you can add some orange peel or cinnamon...

Hope you'll enjoy

I will definitely be giving this one a try!
I've been looking for simple, paleo recipes other than pancakes!

Is there any way you could cut the butter out of this recipe do you think? Not that I'm going to, especially around Christmas anyway ;)

Thank you for this recipe!

Kind Regards

lilyalic said:
Is there any way you could cut the butter out of this recipe do you think?

uhmmmm....then you'll definitely get a chocolate omelette...maybe you can try with ghee instead of butter.

Wish you a great Christmas!

Whipping eggs and dealing with them can be difficult. I was never able to get ketogenic angel food cake to work. ;)

And that was after a research marathon on how best to whip eggs. But, this definitely seems worth trying. Cocao powder seems to behave well as a sort of flour.

Intothefield said:
lilyalic said:

uhmmmm....then you'll definitely get a chocolate omelette...maybe you can try with ghee instead of butter.

Also if you can tolerate coconut oil that can work!

Yummmmmm!!! :cheer:

anothermagyar said:
Intothefield said:
lilyalic said:

Also if you can tolerate coconut oil that can work!

Yummmmmm!!! :cheer:

Also coconut cream. :thup:

Back
Top Bottom