Chupacabra has been killed in Western Ukraine

Site wouldn't let me watch without creating account.

Here's an article with more images.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3662452/The-chupacabra-hunting-killed-Ukrainian-man-claims-caught-legendary-mysterious-blood-sucking-beast.html

It looks like a an emaciated hyena that lost its coat due to severe mange or some endocrine problem (notice the swollen abdominal area). The teeth, although canine, indeed look longer that the average dog, but they also look as milk teeth to me (I could be wrong, though). The milk teeth are usually thinner than permanent ones. Maybe one of the local oligarchs has exotic animals and some escaped, or they were abandoned.

I asked some friends, who have expertise in the area, so will see what they say. :cool2:

Keit said:
I asked some friends, who have expertise in the area, so will see what they say. :cool2:

Here's one of the proposals. Actually, looks very similar.

The Xoloitzcuintli or Mexican Hairless Dog

Mexican-Hairless-Dog-300x297.jpg

Xolo-dog-bat-like-ears.jpg

Is this the first time someone in Europe encountered Chupacabra?
I only remember encounters from North and South America and one encounter in Asia (I think Philippines).

PerfectCircle said:
Is this the first time someone in Europe encountered Chupacabra?
I only remember encounters from North and South America and one encounter in Asia (I think Philippines).

I don't think it's a chupacabra. As Keit explains, it's most likely some type of canine with either very bad mange, an endocrine problem, or some type of hairless dog.

Most, if not all, of the recent sightings in the US of chupacabras have been raccoons or canines of one sort or another with very bad health problems leaving them with no hair.

Definitely a dog, I am actually surprised they are making such fuss about it.

As an Australian, I find the resemblance to a kangaroo quite startling.
And yet the teeth are definitely canine.
Very peculiar.

Thank you very much for starting this thread. I'd published this last month as news on es.sott because I'd seen it on sputnik and thought it was a reliable story.

_http://mundo.sputniknews.com/increible/20160626/1061224506/criatura-roba-pollos.html

Another lesson for me about the importance of networking so the next time I see an item that makes me doubt I'll check it out before with the editors or at the forum.

I've already deleted it from es.sott, fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom