Crazy Storm Weather and Lightning - Global

I watch these daily updates from Suspicious0bservers. Today's called "THE SIGNS | The Disaster Timeline"

Weakening magnetic field affects:
- lightnings. 2 new kinds of lightnings were discovered within the last year
- geo-magnetic storms. A very small CME that hit the Earth last Monday caused much greater effect than normal.

He predicts Earth magnetic reversal in the near future - during this decade.

I watch these daily updates from Suspicious0bservers. Today's called "THE SIGNS | The Disaster Timeline"

Weakening magnetic field affects:
- lightnings. 2 new kinds of lightnings were discovered within the last year
- geo-magnetic storms. A very small CME that hit the Earth last Monday caused much greater effect than normal.

He predicts Earth magnetic reversal in the near future - during this decade.

I wonder…

how would all those billion lithium batteries installed in many/most different devices act like, when short-circuited due to a massive major solar flare…? Wouldn’t most devices start to burn ?

Might be something to keep in mind / watch out for / consider, in our homes (and our neighbors homes in the same building) when the time comes…

What good is a big survival food storage in our apartments, if the house gets burned down, because of multiple batteries going up in flames ?

Fwiw, the first part of the video of the flooded street looks like somewhere in Europe? Another segment looks oddly familiar -water rushing between a highway - old footage? One has to be careful with so many of these videos of extreme weather events - some seem thrown together quite indiscriminately.
Yes, you are right. I doubted to put this video but Iran received so little attention, and they had one month ago a very strong flood. But some videos are more clear, I mean we can see that they are false.

There is a very huge fire at Greenville, California. The images in the video you will see reminds me images we have seen in war documentaries. Very disturbing and sad.

GREENVILLE, Calif. — A wildfire raging in Northern California exploded in size overnight, becoming the third-largest wildfire in state history amid high temperatures and strong winds. Better weather conditions were expected to aid the firefight on Friday.

The Dixie Fire grew by 110 square miles (285 square kilometers) between Thursday night and Friday morning, making the blaze the largest wildfire currently raging in the nation.

"This is going to be a long firefight," said Capt. Mitch Matlow, spokesperson of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

The fire was 35% contained Friday morning but was largely expanding within the perimeter firefighters previously established. It now spans an area of 676 square miles (1,751 square kilometers).

Dixie Fire Stirs Anxiety In The California Town Decimated In 2018 By The Camp Fire

NATIONAL

Dixie Fire Stirs Anxiety In The California Town Decimated In 2018 By The Camp Fire

On Wednesday, the fire tore through the little California mountain town of Greenville, which resident Eva Gorman said was a place of community and strong character, where neighbors volunteered to move furniture, colorful baskets of flowers brightened Main Street, and writers, musicians, mechanics and chicken farmers mingled.

Now, it's ashes.

"Our whole downtown area is gone"

As hot, bone-dry, gusty weather hit California, the fire raged through the Gold Rush-era Sierra Nevada community of about 1,000, incinerating much of the downtown that included wooden buildings more than a century old.
"It's just completely devastating. We've lost our home, my business, our whole downtown area is gone," said Gorman, who heeded evacuation warnings and left town with her husband a week and-a-half ago as the Dixie Fire approached.

She managed to grab some photos off the wall, her favorite jewelry and important documents but couldn't help but think of the family treasures left behind.

"My grandmother's dining room chairs, my great-aunt's bed from Italy. There is a photo I keep visualizing in my mind of my son when he was 2. He's 37 now," she said. "At first you think, 'It's OK, I have the negatives.' And then you realize, 'Oh. No. I don't.'"

Officials had not yet assessed the number of destroyed buildings, but Plumas County Sheriff Todd Johns estimated on Thursday that "well over" 100 homes had burned in and near the town.

"My heart is crushed by what has occurred there," said Johns, a lifelong Greenville resident.

100 homes and buildings charred in yet another wildfire

About a two-hour drive south, officials said some 100 homes and other buildings burned in the fast-moving River Fire that broke out Wednesday near Colfax, a town of about 2,000. There was no containment and about 6,000 people were ordered to evacuate in Placer and Nevada counties, state fire officials said.

Article continues after sponsor message

The three-week-old Dixie Fire was one of 100 active, large fires burning in 14 states, most in the West where historic drought has left lands parched and ripe for ignition.

The Dixie Fire had consumed about 432,813 acres, according to an estimate released Friday morning. That's 676 square miles (1,751 square kilometers) — moving the blaze from the state's sixth-largest wildfire ever to its third-largest overnight.

The fire's cause was under investigation, but Pacific Gas & Electric has said it may have been sparked when a tree fell on one of the utility's power lines. No injuries or deaths have been reported.

The blaze exploded on Wednesday and Thursday through timber, grass and brush so dry that one fire official described it as "basically near combustion." Dozens of homes had already burned before the flames made new runs.

No deaths or injuries were reported but the fire continued to threaten more than 10,000 homes.

On Thursday, the weather and towering smoke clouds produced by the fire's intense, erratic winds kept firefighters struggling to put firefighters at shifting hot spots.

"It's wreaking havoc. The winds are kind of changing direction on us every few hours," said Capt. Sergio Arellano, a fire spokesman.

"We're seeing truly frightening fire behavior," said Chris Carlton, supervisor for Plumas National Forest. "We really are in uncharted territory."

Heat waves and historic drought tied to climate change have made wildfires harder to fight in the American West. Scientists say climate change has made the region much warmer and drier in the past 30 years and will continue to make weather more extreme and wildfires more frequent and destructive.

The blaze hit Greenville from two angles and firefighters already were in the town trying to save it but first they had to risk their lives to save people who had refused to evacuate by loading people into cars to get them out, fire officials said.

"We have firefighters that are getting guns pulled out on them, because people don't want to evacuate," said Jake Cagle, an incident management operations section chief.

The flames also reached the town of Chester, northwest of Greenville, but crews managed to protect homes and businesses there, with only minor damage to one or two structures, officials said.

The fire was not far from the town of Paradise, which was largely destroyed in a 2018 wildfire sparked by PG&E equipment that killed 85 people, making it the nation's deadliest in at least a century.

California's blazes are not the only wildfires scorching vast areas in the world. Thousands of people fled wildfires burning out of control in Greece and Turkey on Friday, including a major blaze just north of the Greek capital of Athens that left one person dead, as a protracted heat wave turned forests into tinderboxes and flames threatened populated areas, electricity installations and historic sites.

Source

SUOMI is Finnish and means "Finland". Perhaps, it's a nick name "dark net Finland", would be my guess ?
@loreta @PERLOU The Finnish members here maintain this facebook page (sott.net Suomi) and it goes with fi.sott.net. However the group here is very small and only 3 members are native Finnish speakers(!) and very little has been happening on the sites lately.

More than 80,000 people evacuated from China’s Sichuan province as extreme rains trigger floods​

More than 80,000 people have been evacuated from their homes by the authorities as Sichuan is hit by extreme rains, triggering floods, with nearly half a million people impacted across six cities.
On Monday, the authorities in Sichuan, China, told state-run news agency Xinhua that water levels across the province were dangerously high, prompting the evacuation of 80,794 people.
The authorities said that more than 440,000 people had been impacted by the rains , with extreme rainfall being seen across the state. The highest recorded rainfall was in Qingshen in Quxian County, where 575mm (23in) of rainfall was recorded in just two days.
Alert warnings have been raised at 14 monitoring stations along the Fujiang, Jialing, and Qujiang rivers, officials told Xinhua. At one station, the water level exceeded the alert threshold by 1.47m (58in).
ALSO ON RT.COMBeijing raises death toll from Henan floods to 302, 50 missing as more extreme weather strikes China (VIDEO)
On Saturday, state broadcaster CCTV said extreme weather in the southwestern province of Sichuan had already caused 250 million yuan ($38.57 million) in economic losses. It reported that 45 houses had been destroyed while 118 were severely damaged.
Photos and videos shared online show the extent of the damage, as floodwater ravaged towns and cities across the province.

China’s climate experts have warned that the country will have to improve its resilience to extreme weather – notably rainfall – in the coming years, as such events could become increasingly common. “Extreme events such as high temperatures and heavy rainfall have increased and the level of climate risk in China is on the rise,” said Chao Qingchen, vice-director of China’s National Climate Center.
In July, record rainfall was registered at 19 weather monitoring stations in the central province of Henan. More than 300 people died in the ensuant floods, and many more remain missing. The city of Zhengzhou, on the banks of the Yellow River, which is home to some 12 million people, registered the majority of the fatalities, at 292.

Possible (sub)tropical cyclone development
in the Black Sea ?

As I do my rounds among many charts, satellite charts, various weather prognosis from time to time - I stumbled across that the GFS, ECMWF and ICON lean towards a possible development of subtropical/tropical cyclone in the Black Sea around the time of 12-14 Aug 2021. I mean it has happened before, there...

In the mean while ECMWF has already gone off such a scenario, but still keeps a cyclone stubbornly over Kerch and Novorossiysk (Russia) for many days with hard winds and huge amounts of rain or alternative Sochi (ICON prognosis). Such scenarios would result into more than 200-300 mm rain, with risk for flooding as a result.

So, maybe that is something to keep a watchful eye over in the days to come ? Or it may just fizzle out, since all of this is at this stage, solely based on a computer models.

ICON.jpg ECMWF.jpg

GFS.jpg

ICON2.jpg

GFS2.jpg

PS:
I realize, or it looks like, as if American GFS (and Canadian ? GEM) in their latest weather prognosis calculations - just have gone off the subtropical storm scenario.

Only ICON and UKMO on the other hand intensify their tropical outlook into a tight wrapped hurricane like system in the Black Sea, first steering northwards towards Russian Novorossiysk but then going southwards making landfall over Turkey. Both coastal areas would then receive something like 250 (Russia) while Turkey 350 mm rain. (Sinop and Inebolu Middle North Turkish coast)

ICOOPTK12_120_9.png

The fires also in Russia:

Russia evacuates 2 villages in Siberia because of wildfires

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian authorities started to evacuate two villages in a vast region of Siberia where 155 active forest fires burned Sunday.

A dozen villages in northeastern Siberia’s Sakha-Yakutia republic were threatened by the fires, according to the regional task force dealing with the emergency. Local authorities were moving the residents of two villages, Kalvitsa and Kharyyalakh, to other inhabited areas as crews totaling 3,600 people worked to contain about half of the blazes.

On Saturday, flames destroyed 31 houses and eight maintenance buildings in another village, Byas-Kuel, and about 400 residents were evacuated, local officials said.

Yakutia governor Aysen Nikolayev ordered officials to clear fire trails around the endangered settlements of dead wood and fallen trees. Yakutia’s government website had stated earlier that Nikolayev had a deforestation of areas around the endangered villages, but his spokespeople said it was a mistake and there has been no such order.

In recent years, Russia has recorded high temperatures that many scientists regard as a result of climate change. The hot weather coupled with the neglect of fire safety rules has caused a growing number of fires.

Source

And in Greece fires continue:

Illinois tornadoes and other cities.

‘Large and Extremely Dangerous' Tornado One of Several Reported in DeKalb, Kane Counties

The National Weather Service says trained weather spotters have confirmed multiple tornado touchdowns as part of an outbreak of severe weather Monday in areas west of the city of Chicago.

A series of tornado warnings were issued as storms moved into the area from southern Wisconsin. Some storms also fired in Illinois itself, with some areas seeing multiple waves of tornadic activity throughout the afternoon and into the early evening.

Here is a timeline of touchdown reports:

6:33 p.m. Maple Park (Kane County)

Social media images posted by the National Weather Service show a rain-wrapped tornado in Maple Park, located near the border of DeKalb and Kane counties.

The National Weather Service called this tornado "large and extremely dangerous."

6:17 p.m. Sycamore (DeKalb County)

Trained weather spotters reported a confirmed tornado touchdown in Sycamore, located in northeastern DeKalb County.

Damage was observed in numerous locations after the storm passed through, with several structures impacted, according to law enforcement and local officials.

5:32 p.m. Paw Paw (DeKalb County)

Trained weather spotters reported this storm in Paw Paw, sparking a tornado warning.

5:32 p.m. Malta (DeKalb County)

Spotters also located a tornado in Malta, located in western DeKalb County, a short time before the Paw Paw tornado.

5:28 p.m. Hampshire (Kane County)

In northwestern Kane County, a tornado was indicated by radar near Hampshire, located just to the southeast of Genoa.

This tornado was also located near Burlington, and may have caused structure damage in that community, according to law enforcement officials.

4:53 p.m.: Kingston (DeKalb County)

Trained weather spotters located a tornado touchdown approximately three miles to the south of Kingston, located in northern DeKalb County.

4:34 p.m.: Kirkland (DeKalb County)

Social media images were posted of a tornado that touched down near Kirkland, approximately 11 miles to the northwest of the county seat of DeKalb

Source

Black Sea • tropical storm watch

6CFF1244-3D89-469C-A61F-B31A97E3856C.gif

The german DWD, using ICON model predictions, is actually insisting on the creation of a warm core, tropical storm development in the Black Sea for Saturday 14 Aug 2021.

There have already been numerous large thunderstorms in the wider area of the East Black sea during the past two days. Especially at the northern coast of Turkey (in the middle) constant t-storm have been “trained” and must have resulted into already excessive amounts of rain there. But i do not have the numbers for Turkey.

Even without the possible development of a subtropical or tropical cyclone, the situation in the eastern black sea seems to be locked in for several days, with the same patterns of stationary / slow moving large thunderstorms. Most models are in agreement that the rain amounts along the N turkish coast could easily exceed 300 mm.

I could spot an ever so slight low level circulation over the eastern Black Sea in the latest satellite animations, but that circulation is still detached from the T-storm flare ups.

Houses collapsed, cars swept away as massive floods ravage northern Turkey (VIDEOS)
Unusually heavy rainfalls in the Turkish provinces on the Black Sea coast led to major flooding on Wednesday, with torrents of water and sludge rushing through the streets of cities and towns in the regions of Bartin, Sinop and Kastamonu.

Will the Turkish people ask, WTH Erdogan is wasting so much money on his glorious invasion of Syria?

Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu, who traveled to the Kastamonu province, said that waters surged “three or four meters high” in some places and many people are still waiting to be rescued from the rooftops. “Evacuations and search-and-rescue efforts are continuing,” he said.
Pretty scary stuff. No walking to the supermarket today..

Turkey is nearing its collapse-limit - I was talking about couple times in case of city fires and inadequate [purposefully reduced / defunded] firefighter services: Wildfires + Floods + Syria Invasion = ? "Hey Turkey Economy, are you all right? You appear to be not breathing.."
The developments come as Turkey also battles massive wildfires in its southwestern provinces. Huge fires devastated large swathes of land there, even threatening a local power plant at one point. The proximity of the blaze to the plant triggered an evacuation but the emergency services eventually managed to bring the situation under control.

Black Sea tropical storm development
Estofex writes in their outlook for 12-13 August 2021 06:00

Black Sea

Development of a subtropical storm has started and will continue through-out the period. Ongoind threat of heavy rain producing storms is forecast and flooding is likely within the level 2 area. Within the level 1 area, still some local flash floods are expected due to slow moving storms in a moist profile.

So, the recent flooding videos we have seen from middle North Coast of Turkey, are associated with a cyclonic system and scattered but powerful thunderstorms in the Black Sea region. It is now believed that the process of developing into a tropical storm, has started... There is still uncertainty about where most of the accumulated rain will fall... as there is a risk that it may happen on the Russian side instead. Nevertheless, all areas in the East Black Sea are affected due to the presence of a highly unstable as well more or less stationary thunderstorms with torrential rainfalls.

_-2021-08-12-at-03.45.19.jpg

2021081306_202108120021_2_stormforecast.xml.png

Powerful #orages formed in the east of the Massif Central with more than 12,000 flashes in 2 hours. They are now progressing towards the Rhône valley:#grêle and gusts of wind are imminent over the entire department of #Rhône#Lyon . Real time monitoring:https://keraunos.org/temps-reel/imp

Large #orages on the E of the Massif Central. The cloudy tops of the anvils (#overshoot : + high peaks of the storm), reach T ° of -70 ° C (in red), i.e. more than 13 km altitude, sign of hail below (confirmed by precipitation radars & obs on the ground ) (1/2)

Biblical
Impressive impact of #foudre not far from the videographer a few minutes ago in the #Loire . Be careful, these #orages are accompanied by very strong gusts of wind that can reach / exceed 120 km / h.#VigilanceOrange Video credit:@cl66000

Learn how #lightning produces 13,000 tons of #nitrate every day that fertilizes the Earth: http://bit.ly/1hOdrQf
https://twitter.com/NOVAeducation/status/1425875982427250688

Black Sea • tropical storm watch

View attachment 48158

The german DWD, using ICON model predictions, is actually insisting on the creation of a warm core, tropical storm development in the Black Sea for Saturday 14 Aug 2021.

There have already been numerous large thunderstorms in the wider area of the East Black sea during the past two days. Especially at the northern coast of Turkey (in the middle) constant t-storm have been “trained” and must have resulted into already excessive amounts of rain there. But i do not have the numbers for Turkey.

Even without the possible development of a subtropical or tropical cyclone, the situation in the eastern black sea seems to be locked in for several days, with the same patterns of stationary / slow moving large thunderstorms. Most models are in agreement that the rain amounts along the N turkish coast could easily exceed 300 mm.

I could spot an ever so slight low level circulation over the eastern Black Sea in the latest satellite animations, but that circulation is still detached from the T-storm flare ups.
But i do not have the numbers for Turkey.

Between 10 August at 09:00 (TSI) - 12 August at 09:00 (TSI) 48 Realized Amounts of Precipitation

1. Kastamonu / Bozkurt - Mamatlar Village 418.5 mm
2. Kastamonu / Küre 382.1 mm
3. Kastamonu / Devrekani - Kuz Village 353.1 mm
4. Bartin / Ulus - Ceyüpler Village 318.5 mm
5. Sinop / Ayancik 301.7 mm
6. Kastamonu / Abana 262.4 mm
7. Kastamonu / Inebolu - Inebolu Snow 259.6 mm
8. Sinop / Ayancık - Çangal 226.3 mm
9. Sinop / Turkeli 225.8 mm
10. Sinop / Ayancik - Akören Village 202.0 mm
11. Kastamonu / Pınarbaşı 183.2 mm
12. Kastamonu / Azdavay 161.7 mm
13. Sinop / Merkez Sazlı Village 157.4 mm
14. Kastamonu / Bozkurt 154.7 mm
15. Bartin / Ulus 144.6 mm

Between 07.08.2021 09:00 (TSI) - 12.08.2021 09:00 (TSI) Kastamonu İhsangazi - İncigez Village 156,8 mm

Back
Top Bottom