Crazy Storm Weather and Lightning - Global

Algeria says 22 arsonists arrested for string of ‘disaster’ wildfires that killed at least 65
President Abdelmadjid Tebboune announced the arrests on Thursday during a televised address, saying that “justice will perform its duty” after some 50 separate fires erupted simultaneously earlier this week, most near Tizi Ouzou east of the Alergian capital.
Some fires have been caused by high temperatures, but criminal hands were behind most of them,” the president said. “We have arrested 22 suspects, including 11 in Tizi Ouzou.”
Apparently my hunch was right while reading an earlier news article about this situation. After reading this, the question arises: How many Deep State arsonists are working diligently in the USA?

Sicily - Syracusa, Italy
New European heat record. 48.8°C
11 Aug 2021

(but is it true ?)

I just read on the swedish SMHI an article about an all time high heat record was supposedly reached at the east coast of Sicily, in Syracusa on 11 Aug 2021. It was “verified” by the three letter WMO being correct. 🧐

is there a Catch in this ?

Here is something that really disturbs me. In the synopical weather station grid, 44°C where registered in Syracusa on 11 aug 2021 and being together with another station in Sicily the hottest place in Europe. I also happen to have saved it (they don’t have an archive).

But where on earth does the 48.8°C suddenly come from ? (which in the synoptic chart would been written as 49°C) I will post the chart when i get home from work.

Now i am wondering, are we ‘starting’ to see “subtle” modification of heat records ? I sometimes also wondered about that in the Stockholmian more recent records.

(PS: i hope this was the right place to post this ? On the fly I wasn’t sure where to put it really)

(Regarding my suspicion of a false new European Heat record)

As promised, I would upload the chart I had saved, showing the European Synoptical Weather Stations from 11 August 2021, with all the Maximum temperatures registered across Europe on that day. Highest temperature was 44.4°C - not 48.8°C.

When we look at Sicily in the last chart, you see that it is the place with the highest temperatures in Europe. Catania, Syracusa and likely also Sigonella, the American military base, the latter either 41°C or most likely 44°C (as it is being obscured by the Catanian temperature).

Judging by the pixel remains of the Sigonella temperature and color code - I looked at older MAX TEMP charts in order to see what color was used for a station with 41°C: it was a notch darker (more pink, same like for 39°).

So, that means; Sigonella too, had 44°C.

2021-08-11-MAX_enlargement.gif

So, where is that alleged 48.8° (120°F) all time high heat record ?

3 nearby stations all registered the same temperatures around 44°C. That is the key, why no other station could have possibly shown the number 49°C in the same area - because such deviation at an already extreme high level of 44°C, are simply not trustworthy nor realistic. Especially not with such a large extra 5°C on top.

44°C is realistic, because it is supported by 3 official stations having the same temperature, in an official chart. All other stations had lower temperatures than 44°C Including the notorious hot spot Caltanisetta (in the center of Sicily) - which registered 38°C. Even outside of Syracusa (which I assume is Augusta city, very close, just north of Syracusa), registered only 38°C.

I can't shake off the feeling, that this new "heat" record of 48.8°C on 11 August 2021 - is an attempt, a play for the galleries, designed to fuel extra headlines in favor for the fiercely advertised climate change facade. Italy is good in plucking points trying to be "best in test". Bergamo drama. First Corona lockdown champion (introducer). European football champion. A new European Heat record champion, perhaps ?

It's going to be interesting if the WMO can resist the temptation to verify this "record".

I bet, it doesn't.

Tmax_obs_eu-large_day-1-5.png

Here the article in Swedish by SMHI about that alleged new European heat record.

"European heat record in Siracusa"

Updated 13 August 2021 • Published 13 August 2021 (SMHI)

During the powerful heatwave known in Italy as "Lucifer" :rolleyes:, Siracusa in Sicily reported a whopping 48.8° on Wednesday 11 August 2021. This is if it is verified a new European heat record. New heat records by the minute may cause some climate anxiety. [Buhuu, :umm: hellooo Greeeta Land] But in this case, from a purely statistical point of view, it is an opening. There has been a real mess in terms of heat records for Europe. According to the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), the current record for Europe is 48.0° in Athens and Elefsina on 10 July 1977.

Global Weather and Climate Extremes

However, some independent assessors suggest that some high temperatures in Greece may have been influenced by forest fires. Instead, they point to another value from Sicily, 48.5° in Catenanuova*** on 10 August 1999. But that note, on the other hand, is not accepted by WMO.

[*** Note: Catania registered on the same day 44°C 10 Aug 1999, while Catenanuova a bit inland is known to be true hot spot, a bone dry place, often having excessive temperatures which I noticed can be 5°C higher during heatwaves compared with Catania when it goes over 40°C. Syracusa on the other hand, is a SEA port - and not a particular hot spot, and usually not diverting much from Catania's temperatures, which too, is a SEA port city]

The Spanish heat record, according to WMO, is 47.3° in Montoro on 13 July 2017. In the record compilation compiled by the Regional Climate Center for Europe, however, the Spanish weather service has given another record value on the same day.

Temperature record - Regional Climate Center

That's how it can go for other countries and continents too. The greatest confusion arises when it comes to the heat record for Africa. The WMO gives a value of 55° in Tunisia in 1931, while other assessors say there is no credible value in Africa higher than 51.3°.

Why this confusion?

It is obviously not good that the meteorological community cannot agree on what have been our highest recorded temperatures on earth. But how could it have come to this?

In the case of older measurements, it is a known problem that some stations may have been overexposed to direct or reflected solar radiation. Meteorologists of the time were probably aware of this. But it may not have been judged as accurate. After all, weather records are only for nerdy calendar biters (?). But in recent decades we have become increasingly aware that changes in weather extremes may be an important feature of climate change. It's a pity then that documentation hasn't always kept up. Here in Sweden, I think we are fortunate in this context to have a coherent organisation within SMHI for observations, forecasts, review and climate analysis.

Elsewhere, there may be more or less independent organisations responsible for different parts of the chain. In countries with a federal structure, there may also be parallel regional and national station networks, which does not make things any easier.

Exciting evaluation of the Siracusa record

The WMO will now evaluate the possible new European heat record in Siracusa. Unless it is already broken in the next few days in Spain. This kind of evaluation is usually very interesting to read. Not least because they give an insight into how different station networks and review procedures look like.

written by Sverker Hellström, SMHI

(Regarding my suspicion of a false new European Heat record)

As promised, I would upload the chart I had saved, showing the European Synoptical Weather Stations from 11 August 2021, with all the Maximum temperatures registered across Europe on that day. Highest temperature was 44.4°C - not 48.8°C.

When we look at Sicily in the last chart, you see that it is the place with the highest temperatures in Europe. Catania, Syracusa and likely also Sigonella, the American military base, the latter either 41°C or most likely 44°C (as it is being obscured by the Catanian temperature).

Judging by the pixel remains of the Sigonella temperature and color code - I looked at older MAX TEMP charts in order to see what color was used for a station with 41°C: it was a notch darker (more pink, same like for 39°).

So, that means; Sigonella too, had 44°C.

View attachment 48237

So, where is that alleged 48.8° (120°F) all time high heat record ?

3 nearby stations all registered the same temperatures around 44°C. That is the key, why no other station could have possibly shown the number 49°C in the same area - because such deviation at an already extreme high level of 44°C, are simply not trustworthy nor realistic. Especially not with such a large extra 5°C on top.

44°C is realistic, because it is supported by 3 official stations having the same temperature, in an official chart. All other stations had lower temperatures than 44°C Including the notorious hot spot Caltanisetta (in the center of Sicily) - which registered 38°C. Even outside of Syracusa (which I assume is Augusta city, very close, just north of Syracusa), registered only 38°C.

I can't shake off the feeling, that this new "heat" record of 48.8°C on 11 August 2021 - is an attempt, a play for the galleries, designed to fuel extra headlines in favor for the fiercely advertised climate change facade. Italy is good in plucking points trying to be "best in test". Bergamo drama. First Corona lockdown champion (introducer). European football champion. A new European Heat record champion, perhaps ?

It's going to be interesting if the WMO can resist the temptation to verify this "record".

I bet, it doesn't.

View attachment 48232

Here the article in Swedish by SMHI about that alleged new European heat record.
I'm slightly confused concerning the chart - it clearly has the date of August 12 - although you state it's from August 11. Am I missing something?

I'm slightly confused concerning the chart - it clearly has the date of August 12 - although you state it's from August 11. Am I missing something?
- 2021-08-14 at 11.45.48.png

Look to the right upper corner, you see the date of "valid: 20210811", corresponding 11 Aug 2021.

Usually the chart is generated and published day after, which is the date you see in the lower part, to the right, 12 Aug 2021.

View attachment 48246

Look to the right upper corner, you see the date of "valid: 20210811", corresponding 11 Aug 2021.

Usually the chart is generated and published day after, which is the date you see in the lower part, to the right, 12 Aug 2021.

Thanks for the clarification - I overlooked that - the date I noted was indeed on the far bottom right.

All of the hikers were able to leave the mountain on their own after the strike near MacRae Peak.

They were all able to leave on their own and one person suffered a head injury after a fall, a stewardship foundation and a Linville Volunteer Fire Department firefighter said.

Seven hikers in all "felt the effects of a nearby lightning strike," the Grandfather Mountain Stewardship Foundation tweeted, but only four suffered injuries.

The lightning strike occurred shortly after noon, and the area where it happened is fairly exposed, Firefighter Brandon Townsend said.

The hikers were near MacRae Peak on state park land when a sudden storm swept through, the foundation said. MacRae Peak is at an elevation of around 5,800 feet.

The National Weather Service said that the mountains and foothills in the area could see thunderstorms with lightning through the evening.

There are currently violent thunderstorms on the way in Baden-Württemberg, with hail 2 to 4 cm as well as locally heavy gusts of wind up to about 100 km / h and heavy rain sometimes over 25 l / sqm per hour. Follow our warnings on the app! / V

Savage #Gewitter#Unwetter in Austria, for details in countries and districts https://kachelmannwetter.com/at/regenradar/oesterreich/20210815-1320z.html#play-0-18-5 The lightning analysis there too: Click / tap into the state, then into the district, then on the lightning symbol:

The strong ones #Gewitter In Baden-Württemberg, more and more Bavaria and the Eastern Alb are now reaching. Even #Stuttgart is hit by a strong thunderstorm from the southwest.#Unwetter Track storm tracking (update every 5 min) / LD

Supercell near Reutlingen and Stuttgart.

Kachelmannwetter
The cell between Reutlingen and Stuttgart with strongly rotating updrafts and therefore probably #Superzelle . Correspondingly, there is the highest #Unwetter -danger from possible large #Hagel , Hurricane gusts and heavy rain. / LD
1629034707676.png

AWESOME!!! It may seem like any city in the desert, but Albacete is the capital this afternoon in the heat of a hot blowout, dragging all the dirt and dust from the outskirts of the city.#Albacete#meteoAB#OlaDeCalor@AEMET_SINOBAS© Unknown author

Thousands lose power in Phoenix due to monsoon storms
Aug 14, 2021

[Thunderstorm] Schweres Gewitter mit Tornadoverdacht(?) und Sturmböen (10.08.2021, 19:50Uhr)

A tornado is suspected to be behind the storm that hit the Northwestern part of Germany Monday evening. These extreme weather events just keep on coming.

Germany: Suspected tornado rips through northern district

A severe storm has left a trail of destruction in the German region of East Frisia, damaging up to 50 homes. Experts say a tornado may be to blame.

58883092_303.jpg

A suspected tornado in East Frisia has damaged several houses

A storm on Monday evening ripped roofs from houses, overturned vehicles and toppled trees in a municipality in the East Frisia (or Ostfriesland) region of the northwestern German state of Lower Saxony.

No one was reported to have been injured in the storm, which mostly affected the municipality of Grossheide in the Aurich district. But the local fire brigade said some 50 houses were damaged, five of which were rendered temporarily inhabitable.

Some gas, water and electricity connections were also damaged by falling trees.

58883050_401.jpg

Vehicles were also bady damaged in the storm

'Tornado-like'​

A spokesman for the fire brigade described the power of the storm as "unprecedented" in the region and called it "tornado-like."

"It was pure chaos that had to be cleared up," Manuel Goldstein said on Tuesday.

A spokesman for the German Weather Service (DWD) told the dpa news agency that it was "plausible" that a tornado may have taken place, "but we have to verify it."

The storm has already been classed as a tornado on the weather information website tornadoliste.de.

Scientists say that global warming is increasing the probability of extreme weather events occurring in all regions of the world.

A tornado is suspected to be behind the storm that hit the Northwestern part of Germany Monday evening. These extreme weather events just keep on coming.

Video claiming to be of the tornado. They're speaking in German but the poster isn't 100% sure the video is what it's claiming to be, so perhaps any German speakers can let us know if there's any confirmation in what they're saying? It sounds like they say "Grossheide" - a location mentioned in the article posted - at one point:

I can't say anything about the sources exactly. The photos and videos are from a WhatsApp group and come from different people. Everyone is sharing everything here right now. Village life stop ...

Back
Top Bottom