Crop Circles in 3D 1989 ...

Haiku

Jedi Master
This is the first Stonehenge crop circle photographed in 1989.

I always have a question of how to model these features by only looking at the crop laydown in the circle. I will try to explain how I am doing this. What I have been doing is taking swirling crop laydown and making that as a spherical object. This seems like a standard concept in many of the crop circles that I have looked at. This one is different. I am glad that I did not find this one first and try to model this one without seeing the others first. I would have really been off in left field. But the outward pattern in this circle is really throwing me. I know that it will not be spherical in shape. It shows too much planar thinking in the grooves of the crop laydown and then a slight curl at the outer edges. The curl is not in the crop laydown but it looks like there is a harder crop laydown in a thin circular ring around the grooved surfaces. And with the center of the circle having a circular crop laydown which makes a sphere, then the outer surfaces I am interpreting as more of a planar shape. I chose an ellipse to drive the shape of these surfaces. With the spherical shape in the center it kind of looks like a classic UFO, as you can see. I cut the surface to create 4 quadrants and colored each one with a different gem textures. I was having difficulty applying a wood texture with grain as it is applied to a quadrant, it did not give me control of the grain direction, no straight edge to work with. So it is shinny. I attached a couple of screenshots of my interpretation of it and a copy of my UFO that I saw when I was a kid.

Haiku …

Attachments

• stonehenge3b.JPG
    stonehenge3b.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 32
  • stonehenge3c.JPG
    stonehenge3c.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 32
  • stonehenge3a.JPG
    stonehenge3a.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 32
  • myufo.JPG