curiosity gets the better of me

notanothermonday

Padawan Learner
I have been a member of this forum for a short period of time and I notice that there are titles under each users name. Administrator I understand as the ones who have created and manage this massive undertaking. I am curious as to the significance of the other titles as in what they mean and how they are given. Am I to understand that someone who is a "Jedi" has garnered credibility with the administrators or moderators of this site? Does that make what they have to say more relevant?

Lastly I just read some very interesting posts by a guest EsoQuest. Very powerful observations and very helpful. He/she was just a guest and I would be interested in reading more of what he/she has to say. Is this guest published somewhere on line that is accessible?

Thanks for your time.

notanothermonday said:
I have been a member of this forum for a short period of time and I notice that there are titles under each users name. Administrator I understand as the ones who have created and manage this massive undertaking. I am curious as to the significance of the other titles as in what they mean and how they are given. Am I to understand that someone who is a "Jedi" has garnered credibility with the administrators or moderators of this site? Does that make what they have to say more relevant?
As far as I know it is related to the number of posts one has made. Once you exceed a certain built in threshold, your title changes. It could as well have been: gerbil, mouse, hamster, rat, capibara, etc (increasing rodent sizes for increasing postings)

Lastly I just read some very interesting posts by a guest EsoQuest. Very powerful observations and very helpful. He/she was just a guest and I would be interested in reading more of what he/she has to say. Is this guest published somewhere on line that is accessible?

Thanks for your time.
Best to read the following thread for more insight into this Eso character: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2343

Dominique.

Thank you for your insight in to EQ and what has happened with him. I must say reading those posts you linked to (although not all of them) has stretched me a bit further than I was comfortable. I thought myself perceptive and sensitive to irregularities and often able to see through ambiguity. I realize that this was a bit more ego than I should have cherished or took self-revelation in.

Anyhow, thank you for the lesson.

notanothermonday said:
I must say reading those posts you linked to (although not all of them) has stretched me a bit further than I was comfortable.
heh.. yeah. that's pretty much what happens round here. we all get stretched a little bit more than is comfortable :)
it sounds like you are now 'initiated', LOL. long may the 'slight discomfort' continue!

i noticed you're fairly new on the site. if you haven't yet had a chance, you might want to check out 'the wave' series:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/waveindex.htm
it covers a lot of concepts that get discussed here, and some insights into the origins of this site. and it definitely involves a bit of uncomfortable stretching to read it. but worth it.

Thank you I am in the process of reading the wave, up to chapter 6 and getting stretched. I am also reading The Secret History of the World. I have just read the forward and my hair is blown back. What is said are the thoughts that have often come to me but yet never had the words or right them down nor have I found anyone to discuss them with.
The following just caught my attention and sums up this forum quite well, not always in practice but definitely in purpose.

"Whoever is no yet ready for the next stage, let him stay where he is or go back where he was. Those who ARE ready, will find you - if you take care and NETWORK efficiently."

"I would not discourage students from making early judgements and discussing subjects for which they are not prepared. If the come the wrong conclusions and go away or attack you, that is your own free will. Let them go where their minds and hearts lead them."

This does not follow the topic but was quite profound to me when thinking about this place and the opportunity to explore ideas in a public forum eventhough I may not fully know what I am talking about.

Let the lessons continue and may I remain humble enough to accept the critical discourse that takes place and learn from others.

Thank you

Hi there notanothermonday. I just noticed you signature:

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

Don't know who the author is, but it sounds like they were describing the prevailing conditions on planet earth.

Joe

Joe said:
Don't know who the author is, but it sounds like they were describing the prevailing conditions on planet earth.
Lewis Carroll? (Alice in Wonderland/through the Looking Glass)

“You can not put a rope around the neck of an idea; you can not put an idea up against
the barrack-square wall and riddle it with bullets; you can not confine it in the strongest
prison cell your slaves could ever build.ᾠ - Sean O Casey

I like your signature. So what do we do with ideas that we do not like. We obfuscate the meaning of them by dressing down the language and spin them so as they are no longer recognizable by the genrator of the idea. Those that vehemently oppose them bash the generator of the idea so as to never be heard from again. That is what we do with ideas and it is a damn shame.

Wow sorry for the negativity.

notanothermonday said:
“You can not put a rope around the neck of an idea; you can not put an idea up against
the barrack-square wall and riddle it with bullets; you can not confine it in the strongest
prison cell your slaves could ever build.� - Sean O Casey

I like your signature. So what do we do with ideas that we do not like. We obfuscate the meaning of them by dressing down the language and spin them so as they are no longer recognizable by the genrator of the idea. Those that vehemently oppose them bash the generator of the idea so as to never be heard from again. That is what we do with ideas and it is a damn shame.

Wow sorry for the negativity.
Perhaps that is what happens to the spoken or written version of the idea - but - the idea itself cannot be dressed down, nor bashed - the idea itself is beyond the reach of those who would destroy it - the idea itself - can land in hidden places where it may take root and grow into something even the idea only dreamed of being possible. In a nonlinear universe, the idea itself very well may change the world.

V said something similar:

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

notanothermonday said:
I agree and sorry for that negative bent I took back there. Sometimes I fall prey to my emotions.
No need to apologize - we all do it - that's part of what makes us human. We were just trying to show you the ohter side of the coin.

=)

Back
Top Bottom