dark man/demon dream

PullingPins

Padawan Learner
I laid down to take a nap today after gardening out in the heat all morning, and had a dream that bothered me a lot. I suppose it was the common "dark man" dream, but I'm not sure how to interpret or apply it to my life to identify my predator, if there is one.
(I'm pretty sure the beginning is largely irrelevant, but here it is.) It started out with my boyfriend and I just moving into a new house, which was next to a church, and which happened to have a pool in the basement. I go for a swim, and see a door I'd never noticed before. I can see a lady standing behind the frosted glass doors, so I go to check out why some strange lady is in my new house, but she shuffles away before I could question her. I walk out into the chapel, and the lady is super mad that I discovered this, and the people in the church all start to mob me out of anger. I'm very confused, and ask her what's going on, and I can't really remember what she said- I saw flashes of looking at the house, and how I was tricked into buying it or something. Anyway, she gets them to back down, and everything is fine now.. (standard nonsensical dream shenanigans, I guess)
So, I walk upstairs and end up in the living room of my current house. I notice that the baseboard on the wall behind my couch is broken, so I check it out- it looked like someone had broken it, and had just put the pieces back loosely, and the wood floor under the side of the couch is all broken, too. I feel someone looking at me, but don't see anything when I turn around. I suddenly feel very tired, and sit down on the couch where my sleeping boyfriend has now mysteriously appeared. And then this... demon (I don't know what it was, just the first thing that popped into my head) shows itself and it's ravenously hungry, and has this crazy face and maniacal laugh, and he's pacing all over the place like he's really anxious for something. I can't keep my eyes open, but I'm trying really hard because no way I'm going to sleep with this insane thing in my house. And now the demon is getting pissed at me, and keeps telling me that I should just go to sleep because he wants to eat me, but it won't hurt. I'm trying so hard to keep my eyes open, so my vision is going in and out, and I'm swinging my arms hoping to make a connect so maybe it'll go away, but he's all over the place and really fast, so I couldn't. That's it- I guess I fell asleep or something because I can't remember anything else.
 

Phill4

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A: This is how work on the self works! It prepares you for even more dramatic and rapid changes! And this is ”receivership capacity”.

Q: So, you’re saying when you work on yourself, and you change something from a certain level, that it acts on more fundamental levels even as far as your DNA? Which then enables you to receive finer or differently tuned energies, which can help to change you more? And if that happens, it enables you to achieve more and do more. Is that sort of what we’re getting at here?

A: Yes. Not quite clear as you put it; but close enough.

Q: (L) Do I need to be clearer?

A: When you do, you will.

Q: (L) Is there any relation between the above and the rashes that people here are having?

A: Watch the diet!

Q: (L) Does that mean as I think, being very careful about any carbs?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) is that because we are being beamed as I suspect? This HAARP activity?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) And so one must keep that in mind while this heavy beaming is going on. One needs to be extra careful in all respects of hygiene: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.

A: Yes. As we said a moment ago, there are forces seeking to interfere with the process.

Q: (L) What about the things that have been breaking and strange dreams everyone has been having?

A: SPA {See Previous Answers}

Q: (Galatea) That’s also why I had that Darkman dream?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) I would say that having that kind of dream, is because of being aware of negative energies trying to get in. (Galatea) Was it really for real that a pale, humanoid creature tried to get in?

A: Yes.

A few days ago I had an experience that i've been having since i was young just that a little bit different. This is the feeling of being physically parallized in the period almost when you are entering the state of sleep, semi-awake that is. In such state I can't speak or move, but i can see and breath, it was terrifying at first, but over time I discobered that since all i can do is breath, breathing in deeply and breathing out hardly to try to hear my voice was/is the only way out of such state, unlike just letting the feeling just happen without brething or effort would make it really worse up to the point that i'd feel like epileptic.
So, a few days ago i had such state again, this time with the diference that when i was going to preform the manouver i saw accros the room a dark shadow of a man almost like a ninja but all black, and sudently started moving as if it was being electrified, at that point , i knew it couldnt be an intruder, and knew it wasnt human, but i couldnt move. right now all I can recall is me still breathing, and this time i could make word out of my breath while in this state, so i called my brother who sleeps in my same room. he woke up when my feeling and the shadow banished...
A week or two latter, probably last week, again the same sensation before sleep happened. this time, while breathing i tryed to grab my brother's finger (eventhough i didn't know his hand was there, since everthing is dark), to try to awaken him so he could see how I look in this state or what he sees while im like that(i thought then, and I always try so). so when I almost grab his finger (which i didn't see, but i figured was there) I see a dark hand with long pointing nails, dark as the figure described previously forming just in front and just before my hand touches my brother's. i knew is was nothing good, i pulled my hand back and closed the eyes the most i could, when i grabed my brothe's finger (accidentaly) the feeling and the hand slowly banished as my movements came back, this time my brother did't wake up....

I was scared, the only thing i could associate this with, its only that I was tired, but not even, I reminded me what laura described in Soul Hackers, about the creatures trying to grab her and she resisting their influence.

I know we all need a hand, but not a dark one!...
 

Phill4

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
i first wanted to post my peculiar experience before reply....
a few days before the session i had the avobe mentioned experience.
anyhow, just want to point out, that, "sleep" has caused all the mess we are in, all the pain we have caused to ourselves and others have been done in this "sleep" state, i think that "a demon asking you to go to sleep and that its not gonna hurt" is like saying "a bad guy do bad things", i explain, sleep is a tool, live in sleep, therefore, control'', therefore live unconcious, therefore live in a illusion and so forth.

like the saying: the price for freedom is eternal vigilance.
do not be :zzz:

from the session on, i can tell, there are really dark forces interfiering here, ive had felt decay....... not doing my homewok?? the environment is overwhelming...
 

PullingPins

Padawan Learner
Thanks for replying Felipe! Your experience reminded me of the same thing in soul hackers. I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to wake up completely paralyzed, especially with a phantom hand!

You completely changed the way I was thinking about that dream. There's been a lot of painful things going on in my personal life lately, and I'm thinking you're right- maybe it was trying to coax my into staying asleep, "ignorance is bliss," instead of trying to fight my way out and make the changes I've been contemplating.
 

oneopenmind

Padawan Learner
Since I already saw this thread regarding, “The Dark Man Dream”, I decided to add to your post instead of creating a new one, I hope this is ok.
I had what I believe to be a “Dark Man Dream” a couple of weeks ago. I will describe what I can remember of it. It was night time & I was at a friend’s house for what was supposed to be a joyous gathering with quite a few people present. Suddenly a ripple of fearful whisperings came swirling about me as a very dark group walked in from the front door. Surrounding this dark group was a very intensely negative person, whom with a mere glance of his black eyes would send people running in fear, all the while smiling a little sardonic grin as if he alone was the determining factor of all our fates. This group was gang-like & all conversation stopped as they walked thru the house, shoving people out of the way & beating those that weren’t fast enough. I whispered to my friend, “Why don’t you call the police?”
He looked at me as if I had grown horns out of my head & in a strained shrill whispered back, “Are you nuts? That would only make it worse… besides even the police are afraid of this guy!”
The guests that could get out, did & left quickly, while the other unfortunates, myself included became the playthings of this group as they took over the whole scene, forcing some people to do sick & disturbing things to themselves & others. I was dismayed at how fear controlled everyone, myself included. Yes, I was frightened, especially after they killed some in front of us for something trivial & then acted as if nothing had happened. Somehow I was able to escape with a few friends. We ran to my house, apparently not far away, locked all the doors & I had time to say, “Thank God they didn’t make it here-“, when, suddenly the dark group walks casually thru my front door. My heart felt like it stopped beating. I knew they would kill us for leaving.
I awoke with a muffled scream and I was panting, almost hyperventilating. It took me a long while before I could go back to sleep.

While re-reading Laura’s “Riding The Wave – Book 1” in book format, I came across the “Dark Man Dream” on pg.232. Coincidence? I think not.

“…I had a dream that clearly told me that I was in mortal danger if I did not take immediate action. It was the standard “Dark Man Dream” as described by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, a Jungian psychologist, who uses ancient tales as maps to chart our unconscious knowing in her book Women Who Run With Wolves:


The natural predator of the psyche is not only found in fairy tales but also in dreams. There is a universal initiatory dream, one so common that it is remarkable if a person has reached age 25 without having had such a dream. The dream usually causes the person to jolt awake, striving and anxious. The dream usually involves being in a house with danger outside or darkness outside. The dreamer is frightened and frantically tries to obtain assistance. Suddenly they realize the danger is virtually on top of them, or right with them, or cannot be overcome or avoided, or that they have lost. The dreamer awakens instantly, breathing hard, heart pounding.

There is a strong physical aspect to having a dream of the predator. The dream is often accompanied by sweats, struggles, hoarse breathing, heart pounding, and sometimes crying and moans of fear. We could say the dream-maker has dispensed with subtle messages to the dreamer and now sends images that shake the neurological and autonomic nervous system of the dreamer, thereby communicating the urgency of the matter.

The antagonists of the ‘dark dream’ are, in people’s own words, ‘terrorists, rapists, thugs, concentration camp Nazis, marauders, murderers, criminals, creeps, bad men, and thieves.’ There are several levels to the interpretation of the dream…

Often such a dream is a reliable indicator that person’s consciousness is just beginning to gain awareness of the innate psychic predator…

The dream is a harbinger; the dreamer has just discovered or is about to discover and begin liberating a forgotten and captive function of the psyche.

The dark man dream tells a person what predicament they are facing. The dream tells about a cruel attitude toward the dreamer. Like Bluebeard’s wife, the dreamer can consciously gain hold of the ‘key’ question about this matter and answer it honestly, and can then be set free…

The dark man appears in dreams when an initiation – a psychic change from one level of knowing and behavior to another more energetic level of knowledge and action is imminent. The initiation creates an archway that one prepares to pass through to a new manner of knowing and being…

Dreams are ‘portals,’ entrances, preparations, and practices for the next step in consciousness.

Dark man dreams are wake up calls. They say: Pay attention! Something has gone radically amiss in the outer world… The threat of the ‘dark man dreams’ serves as a warning to all of us – if you don’t pay attention, something will be stolen from you! The dreamer needs to be initiated so that whatever has been robbing her can be recognized, apprehended, and dealt with.

In the Bluebeard story we see how a woman who falls under the spell of the predator rouses herself and escapes him, wiser for the experience. The story is about transformation through knowledge, insight, voice, and decisive action. We must unlock the secrets and use our abilities to be able to stand what we see. And then, we must use our voice and our wits to do what needs to be done about what we see. When instincts are strong, we intuitively recognize the innate predator by scent, sight, and hearing … we anticipate its presence, hear it approaching, and take steps to turn it away. In the instinct-injured (i.e., nuts and bolts person) the predator is upon them before they register its presence. We have been taught to be nice, to behave, to be blind, and to be misused. [Laura’s note: We have been hypnotized to give up our flesh and skins.]

The young and the injured are uninitiated. Neither knows much about the dark predator and are, therefore, credulous. But, fortunately, when the predator is on the move, it leaves behind unmistakable tracks in dreams. These tracks eventually lead to its discovery, capture and containment.

Wild Ways teaches people when not to act ‘nice’ about protecting their souls. The instinctive nature knows that being ‘sweet’ in these instances only makes the predator smile. When the soul is being threatened, it is not only acceptable to draw the line and mean it, it is required."

So, the dark man dream is something that only we ourselves can answer. The dark man dream tells a person what predicament they are facing. The dream tells about a cruel attitude toward the dreamer. It is a wake up call to our souls that the psychic predator is near & is about to rob us of something. We must use our wits, our voice to do what needs to be done (by recognizing our many programs that keep us blind to the predator), we might be able to stop it, but it won’t be easy. I know that I have a program called, “Act Nice” and if this program engages toward my psychic predator, then it will win & steel from me my energy or rob me of a chance to build my staircase a little bit at a time, or do something far more sinister. The dark man appears in dreams when an initiation – a psychic change from one level of knowing and behavior to another more energetic level of knowledge and action is imminent. The initiation creates an archway that one prepares to pass through to a new manner of knowing and being.
 

ScarletBegonias

Dagobah Resident
Felipe4 said:
A: This is how work on the self works! It prepares you for even more dramatic and rapid changes! And this is ”receivership capacity”.

Q: So, you’re saying when you work on yourself, and you change something from a certain level, that it acts on more fundamental levels even as far as your DNA? Which then enables you to receive finer or differently tuned energies, which can help to change you more? And if that happens, it enables you to achieve more and do more. Is that sort of what we’re getting at here?

A: Yes. Not quite clear as you put it; but close enough.

Q: (L) Do I need to be clearer?

A: When you do, you will.

Q: (L) Is there any relation between the above and the rashes that people here are having?

A: Watch the diet!

Q: (L) Does that mean as I think, being very careful about any carbs?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) is that because we are being beamed as I suspect? This HAARP activity?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) And so one must keep that in mind while this heavy beaming is going on. One needs to be extra careful in all respects of hygiene: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.

A: Yes. As we said a moment ago, there are forces seeking to interfere with the process.

Q: (L) What about the things that have been breaking and strange dreams everyone has been having?

A: SPA {See Previous Answers}

Q: (Galatea) That’s also why I had that Darkman dream?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) I would say that having that kind of dream, is because of being aware of negative energies trying to get in. (Galatea) Was it really for real that a pale, humanoid creature tried to get in?

A: Yes.

A few days ago I had an experience that i've been having since i was young just that a little bit different. This is the feeling of being physically parallized in the period almost when you are entering the state of sleep, semi-awake that is. In such state I can't speak or move, but i can see and breath, it was terrifying at first, but over time I discobered that since all i can do is breath, breathing in deeply and breathing out hardly to try to hear my voice was/is the only way out of such state, unlike just letting the feeling just happen without brething or effort would make it really worse up to the point that i'd feel like epileptic.
So, a few days ago i had such state again, this time with the diference that when i was going to preform the manouver i saw accros the room a dark shadow of a man almost like a ninja but all black, and sudently started moving as if it was being electrified, at that point , i knew it couldnt be an intruder, and knew it wasnt human, but i couldnt move. right now all I can recall is me still breathing, and this time i could make word out of my breath while in this state, so i called my brother who sleeps in my same room. he woke up when my feeling and the shadow banished...
A week or two latter, probably last week, again the same sensation before sleep happened. this time, while breathing i tryed to grab my brother's finger (eventhough i didn't know his hand was there, since everthing is dark), to try to awaken him so he could see how I look in this state or what he sees while im like that(i thought then, and I always try so). so when I almost grab his finger (which i didn't see, but i figured was there) I see a dark hand with long pointing nails, dark as the figure described previously forming just in front and just before my hand touches my brother's. i knew is was nothing good, i pulled my hand back and closed the eyes the most i could, when i grabed my brothe's finger (accidentaly) the feeling and the hand slowly banished as my movements came back, this time my brother did't wake up....

I was scared, the only thing i could associate this with, its only that I was tired, but not even, I reminded me what laura described in Soul Hackers, about the creatures trying to grab her and she resisting their influence.

I know we all need a hand, but not a dark one!...
Hello Felipe4, I have had similar experiences of being paralyzed while going to sleep or awakening that started in my early childhood. Sometimes I've seen dark entities in my room and I've heard things too. It's terrifying not being able to move and I think I had a partial out of body experience one night because of it too. Focusing on moving my fingers or toes seems to get me out of it quickly and when I can move everything vanishes.

When I read the book Soul-Traveler-Out---Body-Experiences, I learned how to induce sleep paralysis by waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for a while before sleeping again. The book also mentions possible connections with lucid dreaming and OBEs.

Also, PushingPins, when I've had sleep paralysis I've seen huge evil-looking laughing faces hovering over me too. My eyes were open at those times, and they've laughed at me and taunted me for being unable to move. They floated in my room as if they owned the place, but I have always been able to fend them off, or so I like to think. :)

Also, I only remember having these experiences when I was a child, a teenager and under a lot of stress as an adult. These are times in my life when I have been weaker and possibly more vulnerable to being attacked. I always felt they were trying to control me and suck on my energy or something. Well, these are just my thoughts on it, FWIW...
 

RyanX

The Living Force
Scarlet said:
Hello Felipe4, I have had similar experiences of being paralyzed while going to sleep or awakening that started in my early childhood. Sometimes I've seen dark entities in my room and I've heard things too. It's terrifying not being able to move and I think I had a partial out of body experience one night because of it too. Focusing on moving my fingers or toes seems to get me out of it quickly and when I can move everything vanishes.

When I read the book Soul-Traveler-Out---Body-Experiences I learned how to induce sleep paralysis by waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for a while before sleeping again. The book also mentions possible connections with lucid dreaming and OBEs.

Also, PushingPins, when I've had sleep paralysis I've seen huge evil-looking laughing faces hovering over me too. My eyes were open at those times, and they've laughed at me and taunted me for being unable to move. They floated in my room as if they owned the place, but I have always been able to fend them off, or so I like to think. :)

Also, I only remember having these experiences when I was a child, a teenager and under a lot of stress as an adult. These are times in my life when I have been weaker and possibly more vulnerable to being attacked. I always felt they were trying to control me and suck on my energy or something. Well, these are just my thoughts on it, FWIW...

Scarlet,

If your sleep paralysis experiences were terrifying (and I think the general consensus is that they are), why would you want to learn how to induce them yourself? If I was reading a book and it suddenly mentioned how to do this, I'd start to get a bit concerned about the author's possible agenda. Fwiw.
 

cubbex

The Living Force
I am observing that when I have sleep paralysis is when I sleep late. Monday I had a dream about having a conversation with a friend and Satan, haha it was red with a corporate suit. And I was accepting his presence in the world, as necessary.
 

ScarletBegonias

Dagobah Resident
RyanX said:
Scarlet said:
Hello Felipe4, I have had similar experiences of being paralyzed while going to sleep or awakening that started in my early childhood. Sometimes I've seen dark entities in my room and I've heard things too. It's terrifying not being able to move and I think I had a partial out of body experience one night because of it too. Focusing on moving my fingers or toes seems to get me out of it quickly and when I can move everything vanishes.

When I read the book Soul-Traveler-Out---Body-Experiences I learned how to induce sleep paralysis by waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for a while before sleeping again. The book also mentions possible connections with lucid dreaming and OBEs.

Also, PushingPins, when I've had sleep paralysis I've seen huge evil-looking laughing faces hovering over me too. My eyes were open at those times, and they've laughed at me and taunted me for being unable to move. They floated in my room as if they owned the place, but I have always been able to fend them off, or so I like to think. :)

Also, I only remember having these experiences when I was a child, a teenager and under a lot of stress as an adult. These are times in my life when I have been weaker and possibly more vulnerable to being attacked. I always felt they were trying to control me and suck on my energy or something. Well, these are just my thoughts on it, FWIW...

Scarlet,

If your sleep paralysis experiences were terrifying (and I think the general consensus is that they are), why would you want to learn how to induce them yourself? If I was reading a book and it suddenly mentioned how to do this, I'd start to get a bit concerned about the author's possible agenda. Fwiw.

Oops, I see the way I worded it made it look like it became an interest of mine to actually induce it, when that is NOT something I EVER want to happen. No, no, there are NO cheap thrills with sleep paralysis. My statement was intending to offer up the idea that the author discusses about the physiology of the body having something to do with its occurrence. A couple of times after I read the book I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, then got the paralysis after that, so I thought it'd be interesting to share here.

Brunauld said:
I am observing that when I have sleep paralysis is when I sleep late. Monday I had a dream about having a conversation with a friend and Satan, haha it was red with a corporate suit. And I was accepting his presence in the world, as necessary.

Yeah, I get it mainly when my sleeping patterns are thrown off or when I'm under a lot of stress. Wow, Satan in a red suit, huh? LOL!
 
G

GregoryMurray

Guest
Quote from Felipe4:

i saw accros the room a dark shadow of a man almost like a ninja but all black, and sudently started moving as if it was being electrified, at that point , i knew it couldnt be an intruder, and knew it wasnt human, but i couldnt move.

In 1991 I had a Dark Man Dream (I was 27), not knowing such a category existed until almost two decades later when I came across reference to it in The Wave. It was accompanied by sleep paralysis, also the only time I recall experiencing such a state. No dream was more disconcerting than this one. I can honestly say it was the greatest experience of horror that I've ever undergone, so terrible that the critical contents were removed from conscious memory.

I had gone to sleep on the couch late one night after some reading. My wife and our first baby were in the bedroom of our little apartment, just on the other side of the wall. I heard some noise, scratching maybe, at the front door. I got up and went to the door. As I walked, I glanced at the TV and noticed it was not the TV we currently owned, but the black-and-white TV of my childhood, with the little knobs and UHF channels, etc.

I opened the front door just a few inches, and there was Tootsie, our pet dog from my childhood, frantically pawing at the door, trying to get in. The wind was gusting a little. I was going to open the door further and let her in, then it occurred to me that her behavior was unusual and this might not be Tootsie. I felt a sense of danger. I quickly closed the door and went back to the couch and lay down. The thought then occurred to me that something may have gotten into the apartment anyway, riding invisibly on the gusting wind.

It was then that I saw the type of being Felipe4 mentioned, crossing the room towards me: shadowy, completely black, full of electrified energy, not human. I thought it was definitely a man, as in, male. Its eyes, which I can no longer picture, radiated evil. It came towards the front end of the couch and hovered over my head. I knew that I was lying there, on my side, with my eyes physically closed, but that I was seeing the being with mental eyes. Then the being lowered its shadowy, electrified head very close to mine, and spoke to me.

What it told me was bloodcurdling. Its words sliced violently through my whole being like a jagged-edged, electrified dagger. Its very voice--the auditory quality--was rapacious in some soulical or psychic sense. And I cannot put into adequate words how the message affected me. I felt the entity was revealing truth to me, truth about my life, and perhaps about all of life, so knowledgeable, so personal, as to be unmistakable. There was a finality to it, and it was all of darkness, with no light. The trajectory of my life was a one-way-street to something dreadful beyond description. The possibility of escape was nil and sanity could only be maintained by blocking myself from the awareness of this monstrous reality.

I knew I couldn't bear to hear another word without coming to pieces. I tried to scream to block out the voice which mocked my very existence. I couldn't scream. I tried to get up from the couch but found I couldn't move. I continually fought to break my paralysis and cry out. It occurred to me that my wife was on the other side of the wall, and if I could get her attention she would come and wake me up. I found myself able to physically moan then, and I moaned as loudly as I could to get her attention. It was the kind of moaning one does when he has thrown his machismo to the side in the exigency of his predicament. Then I found I could move one of my fingers. I kept wiggling it back-and-forth, trying to snap out of my paralysis, while continuing to moan. All of this went on, it seemed, for several excruciating minutes, maybe 10 or 15.

Finally I snapped fully awake, and leaped to my feet. My wife was across the room, in her night-gown, inserting a blank cassette into our stereo. She said she wanted to record my moans; otherwise, in case I didn't wake up, I wouldn't believe I'd carried on so, which was a marvel to her. I was angry with her, explaining I had been crying for help. I thought she should have been able to pick up on that, and to be more concerned with rescuing me from my "nightmare" than in getting on record my most vulnerable (and embarrassing) mental state.

I gathered myself and made some coffee. My wife went back to bed. After I'd settled down a bit (not daring immediately to look at the dream itself but trying to regain some equilibrium), I got a pencil and paper and sat down to write out the terrible message I had received from this dark entity. It seemed it had been perfectly clear to me and so writing it down would be easy to do. I had understood the message very well. But as I held pencil to paper, I realized I couldn't remember what the nightmarish being had told me. I could not remember a single word. I was flabbergasted!

To this day I don't remember. I've often thought that remembering this is important, maybe even critical. I've considered, periodically, looking for a hypnotist to help me uncover its awful contents, but have never done it. In the minimal research that I've done in recent years (browsing internet profiles mostly), I've yet to discover a hypnotherapist I felt competent to undertake such a task (in the Atlanta, Georgia, area). On the other hand, I think the Cassiopaean material goes a long way towards revealing the content of our predicament as human beings, in a way that is not crippling but rather (at least potentially, depending on our personal progress through application) enabling or empowering.

The other curious part of my dream is that it was connected somehow with my childhood (our pet dog Tootsie and the old family TV). These were the "Brown House" years, from age 5 to 11. A lot of weird dreams, and some unusual experiences, happened during that period. But none of it weirder, or less ordinary, perhaps, than most or all children experience? I really don't know. Anyway, I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone, though I hope so. But it is good for me to write it. So....thanks for reading.
 

Phaetonic

The Force is Strong With This One
GregoryMurray said:
I knew I couldn't bear to hear another word without coming to pieces. I tried to scream to block out the voice which mocked my very existence. I couldn't scream. I tried to get up from the couch but found I couldn't move. I continually fought to break my paralysis and cry out. It occurred to me that my wife was on the other side of the wall, and if I could get her attention she would come and wake me up. I found myself able to physically moan then, and I moaned as loudly as I could to get her attention. It was the kind of moaning one does when he has thrown his machismo to the side in the exigency of his predicament. Then I found I could move one of my fingers. I kept wiggling it back-and-forth, trying to snap out of my paralysis, while continuing to moan. All of this went on, it seemed, for several excruciating minutes, maybe 10 or 15.

This article carried on SOTT today sheds some light on the sleep paralysis phenomenon.

http://www.sott.net/article/260408-Strange-sleep-disorder-makes-people-see-demons

There seem to be many people who experience sleep paralysis for a myriad of causes. As for myself, I've experienced sleep paralysis both with and without the sense of impending peril, but I've never seen an entity in the room. I thought my struggling against the inability to move was already enough for me to handle!

Laura mentions an experience with sleep paralysis in chapter 11 of the Wave: http://cassiopaea.org/2010/05/12/the-wave-chapter-11-roses-grow-best-in-manure/

Another explanation might lie in a dietary connection, explored in this thread: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=27226.0

These are just some possibilities, but sleep paralysis seems to be a pretty broad phenomenon, OSIT.
 
G

GregoryMurray

Guest
Thanks for the links and comments, Phaetonal.

Though my experience was very different from Laura's in many ways, it was similar in the sense that I instinctively, even savagely, fought against the influence of the Dark Man with every ounce of my being. Something told me that survival demanded it. I was NOT going to go gently into that good night!

The SOTT article is interesting although the author seems to prefer referring to these negative incidents as "hallucinations." Maybe they are--or some of them are--from one perspective. On the other hand, what comes to us in the form of an "hallucination" (as our minds contextualize it) might in essence be a real attack from negative forces. There is this interesting exchange with the Cassiopaeans:

Q: (Galatea) That’s also why I had that Darkman dream?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) I would say that having that kind of dream, is because of being aware of negative energies trying to get in. (Galatea) Was it really for real that a pale, humanoid creature tried to get in?

A: Yes.

I find it interesting that Clarissa Pinkola Estes (author of Women Who Run With Wolves) refers to the Dark man as "[t]he natural predator of the psyche." Here is an echo of don Juan's "Predator within," the foreign installation that preys upon us, drains us, and only occasionally (if ever), for its own nefarious purposes, reveals itself to consciousness as it is: a genuine enemy within; a slave-master.

The thread on diet and sleep paralysis was interesting. For me, sleep paralysis has not been chronic. But as I am only now beginning to learn what a real healthy diet consists of, and its importance, anything I read on this topic here is helpful.

Looking back to 1991 (and on some level I even recognized this at the time), when I met my Dark Man, I can see its timing was impeccable. Five years before, I had gone from atheist to Christian while serving in the US Army--and this not at some altar, but alone in an office late one night. Thereafter I became a Pentecostal preacher, married a preacher's daughter, had a first child with her. I had, in short, built a nice little cage around myself. By 1991, the house of cards had begun to crumble. I had preached my last sermon in 1990, and found I could no longer stomach church attendance by 1991. This of course led to strife at home. I had lost my religion (not completely, as I understand now... the programs continued to run on many levels), and had nothing to replace it with. I had marital pressures, parental pressures, financial pressures, and existential pressures. I began to understand I had landed myself in a real mess and there was no easy way out.

Under these circumstances, I had the Dark Man dream. It is hard to resist the conclusion that, at least one of the objects of the Predator within, was to gloat.
 

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
GregoryMurray said:
The other curious part of my dream is that it was connected somehow with my childhood (our pet dog Tootsie and the old family TV). These were the "Brown House" years, from age 5 to 11. A lot of weird dreams, and some unusual experiences, happened during that period. But none of it weirder, or less ordinary, perhaps, than most or all children experience? I really don't know. Anyway, I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone, though I hope so. But it is good for me to write it. So....thanks for reading.

You're welcome.

I hope this is of help. I only remembered there is a description of the so called "dark man dreams" and was part of some psychologists as well:

Psyche said:
Here is a relevant quote from the Wave:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave8.htm

[...] It was the standard "Dark Man Dream" as described by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, a Jungian psychologist, who uses ancient tales as maps to chart our unconscious knowing in her book Women Who Run With The Wolves.

"The natural predator of the psyche is not only found in fairy tales but also in dreams. There is a universal initiatory dream, one so common that it is remarkable if a person has reached age 25 without having had such a dream. The dream usually causes the person to jolt awake, striving and anxious. The dream usually involves being in a house with danger outside or darkness outside. The dreamer is frightened and frantically tries to obtain assistance. Suddenly, they realize the danger is virtually on top of them, or right with them, or cannot be overcome or avoided, or that they have lost. The dreamer awakens instantly, breathing hard, heart pounding.

"There is a strong physical aspect to having a dream of the predator. The dream is often accompanied by sweats, struggles, hoarse breathing, heart pounding, and sometimes crying and moans of fear. We could say the dream-maker has dispensed with subtle messages to the dreamer and now sends images which shake the neurological and autonomic nervous system of the dreamer, thereby communicating the urgency of the matter.
"The antagonists of the 'dark dream' are, in people's own words, 'terrorists, rapists, thugs, concentration camp Nazis, marauders, murderers, criminals, creeps, bad men, thieves.' There are several levels to the interpretation of the dream..."

"Often such a dream is a reliable indicator that a person's consciousness is just beginning to gain awareness of the innate psychic predator...."

"The dream is a harbinger; the dreamer has just discovered or is about to discover and begin liberating a forgotten and captive function of the psyche.

"The dark man dream tells a person what predicament they are facing. The dream tells about a cruel attitude toward the dreamer. Like Bluebeard's wife, the dreamer can consciously gain hold of the 'key' question about this matter and answer it honestly, and can then be set free. ...

"The dark man appears in dreams when an initiation - a psychic change from one level of knowing and behavior to another more energetic level of knowledge and action is imminent. The initiation creates an archway which one prepares to pass through to a new manner of knowing and being....

"Dreams are 'portales,' entrances, preparations, and practices for the next step in consciousness.

"Dark man dreams are wake-up calls. They say: Pay attention! Something has gone radically amiss in the outer world. ....The threat of the 'dark man dreams' serves as a warning to all of us -- if you don't pay attention, something will be stolen from you! The dreamer needs to be initiated so that whatever has been robbing her can be recoginzed, apprehended, and dealt with.

"In the Bluebeard story we see how a woman who falls under the spell of the predator rouses herself and escapes him, wiser for the experience. The story is about transformation through knowledge, insight, voice, decisive action. We must unlock the secrets and use our abilities to be able to stand what we see. And then, we must use our voice and our wits to do what needs to be done about what we see. When instincts are strong, we intuitively recognize the innate predator by scent, sight, and hearing... we anticipate its presence, hear it approaching, and take steps to turn it away. In the instinct-injured (i.e. nuts and bolts person) the predator is upon them before they register its presence. We have been taught to be nice, to behave, to be blind, and to be misused. [We have been hypnotized to give up our flesh and skins.]

"The young and the injured are uninitiated. Neither knows much about the dark predator and are, therefore, credulous. But, fortunately, when the predator is on the move, it leaves behind unmistakable tracks in dreams. These tracks eventually lead to its discovery, capture and containment.
"Wild Ways teaches people when not to act 'nice' about protecting their souls. The instinctive nature knows that being 'sweet' in these instances only makes the predator smile. When the soul is being threatened, it is not only acceptable to draw the line and mean it, it is required."

And if you are still having problems sleeping, the links Phaetonal provided could be of help (i.e. sleeping hormones, diet etc.). Or you could do some pipebreathing and the prayer of the soul before going to bed.
 
G

GregoryMurray

Guest
Thank you, Gawan.

I think we posted here only seconds apart! I did read that quote from Clarissa Estes, and find it very interesting.

You wrote:

Or you could do some pipebreathing and the prayer of the soul before going to bed.

As with changes in diet, I am also just now beginning to practice pipe-breathing. I haven't even gotten to the Prayer of the Soul yet. All of these changes which add up to an entire re-orientation will take time, but they are underway. Just with the little pipe-breathing I've done, I've noticed a marked, positive psycho-physiological effect, most noticeable immediately afterwards.
 

SadEyes

Padawan Learner
Had to throw my experience in since it nearly drove me to suicide back in 2010. This "dream" was the final event that ultimately led to my real awakening about 2 years after the fact. I awoke one night in my bed and couldn't move. I remember my room was dimly lit, a blueish color. It was blue because my TV was on, it was Family Guy actually. As I'm realizing that I can't move, I'm also realizing that I can see in a complete 180 degree range just be focusing my attention, but I could not will my body to move. It almost felt like my head and eye sight were stretching, like you see in some movies where people's faces transform really fast. All of a sudden, I see "him". He was standing at the foot of my bed, just to the right of my TV. It "he" was like a large, hooded shadow. I knew instantly that it was looking at me. While I'm looking at it trying to figure out just what is going on, red eyes appear in the middle of the hood. I try my HARDEST to move my arms, my legs or even to scream, but the only thing that comes out is this...croak sound. I'm trying to reach my pistol (which I used to keep next to me on the bed at night), and suddenly I feel my arm starting to move. The next thing I know, I shoot awake; it's gone and my TV is still on...

I developed a life debilitating sleep disorder known as "idiopathic hypersomnia"...just short of narcolepsy by a few degrees. I slept with lights or TVs on for several months and got to a point where I was so tired all the time, that I almost took my own life. It wasn't until I walked into a pet store and saw my current dog that events changed. I had another dark man dream about a year ago, but I was able to fight that one off a little easier; it was after I read High Strangeness. T
 
Top Bottom