Das verbrogene Böse

Re: Re: Scans that show Brain of neglected child is smaller

He tried to help us? Dear god, the guy suffers from serious delusions of grandeur. :rolleyes:

Spiral Out said:
Ben just posted this on my FB wall with a link to this thread

http://www.facebook.com/bernhard.guenther/posts/345855965521876

Sorry... I tried to help them but failed. Banned so as to be unable to continue the discussion. Be careful in your dealings there Bernhard Guenther... they will do exactly what I said to write this off... I already see "everyone can see it" (bandwagon much?). They have done interesting research but the forum/organization is fundamentally flawed

I suggested to him to join the forum a while back since he kept asking me questions that are better discussed here. Since he had articles published on SOTT, I thought it would make sense. Same like I suggested to Gregory James. Oh boy, same old story, but some good insights in those interactions and proof of the research on here, even if it takes up much time and energy to repeat the obvious.

You can tell him he wasn't banned, but just prevented from posting. He can still read at his leisure, and surely reading the forum is a good 50% of involvement? Well, at least for those who are actually interested in the information here rather than the sound of their own keyboard.

anart said:
He tried to help us? Dear god, the guy suffers from serious delusions of grandeur. :rolleyes:

I know, fascinating, isn't it? And in the first line too!

I just responded with this:

Benjamin, I've read and observed your interactions on the forum since you joined. Unfortunately you're way off and have been banned for good reasons since you really don't understand what this forum is about nor do you see yourself clearly. It's all evident in your posts. A lot of time and energy has been invested in you to get over yourself and actually help YOU. The fact that you write "I tried to help them but failed" really shows your self-importance and place where you come from since you participated.

He keeps commenting...:

Ben: I didn't expect you to see it now... maybe later. Unfortunately I see myself and the forum all too clearly. There is a lot of Irony in what Laura Knight-Jadczyk wrote after I was banned... Don't you see that it's censorship? Don't you see something is very wrong there? Several sources and former members write of it being a cult. The enemies list writes like a who's who of alternative theory. That is not just a cointelpro list that is a list of their competition. This shouldn't be the reaction to such questioning. It should be able to hold up to the questions... instead of voices being silenced. My own arrogance aside... my flaws have nothing to do with the flaws there...

Ben: Also... a term for the cassiopedia... "self importance"- the quality of being difficult to submit to the bandwagon fallacy on our forum.

Ben, on the topic of psychopaths, you might want to read the following (though I doubt you will).

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/182/1/5.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18327824

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/biological_explanation_psychopaths

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090804090946.htm

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/159877.php

You will notice that all of this research directly contradicts that twisted nonsense that TS concocts.

Gads, I knew the Dunnig-Kruger effect was applicable, but this is really pathological narcissism!

What I find highly entertaining (read funny) is that he keeps using terms like "logical fallacy" while engaging in serious and repetitive logical fallacies. It's like one of those guys who hears the term 'quantum' and then uses it in all sorts of inapplicable ways. At first, I thought that he just wasn't very bright and I think that's part of it, but his tenacity in his ignorance is fascinating. I mean, who really thinks they're right all the time when they're that far off? The complete lack of self-doubt speaks to pathology, pure and simple, and perhaps that's the real issue here - he lives in a world populated only by himself and "hopes" others will follow him and when they don't, they're wrong. Sott only carried his one article after it had been heavily edited by Perceval to make it readable, so it's not like he's even good at that. Must be a terrible way to live. I honestly had hopes that he'd just read and maybe learn something, but now we know that was not why he was here in the first place, he was here to "help us" - dear lord...

Spiral Out said:
I suggested to him to join the forum a while back since he kept asking me questions that are better discussed here. Since he had articles published on SOTT, I thought it would make sense. Same like I suggested to Gregory James. Oh boy, same old story, but some good insights in those interactions and proof of the research on here, even if it takes up much time and energy to repeat the obvious.

Isn't it fascinating how it plays out exactly the same every time? You've only seen it live a couple of times. Just wait! It gets more interesting when other pathologies get exposed.

I think Approaching Infinity could give us the Dabrowski run-down on it but basically, the Dunning-Kruger thing applies rather well.

Perceval said:
Spiral Out said:
Ben just posted this on my FB wall with a link to this thread

http://www.facebook.com/bernhard.guenther/posts/345855965521876

Sorry... I tried to help them but failed. Banned so as to be unable to continue the discussion. Be careful in your dealings there Bernhard Guenther... they will do exactly what I said to write this off... I already see "everyone can see it" (bandwagon much?). They have done interesting research but the forum/organization is fundamentally flawed

You can tell him he wasn't banned, but just prevented from posting. He can still read at his leisure, and surely reading the forum is a good 50% of involvement? Well, at least for those who are actually interested in the information here rather than the sound of their own keyboard.

What I find amazing (as in, I can't wrap my head around it) is the consistent refusal to read...anything! I mean, the guide lines cannot be made any clearer...the research is all here....what is up with this basic refusal to read it?

Why is that so impossibly hard?

Gimpy said:

I think it's because he had an agenda. He never sincerely wanted to learn, nor did he have any interest in truly understanding the foundations which this forum is based on. He wanted to "help us", to teach us the error of our ways. Anything else beyond that just got in his way.

It is always fascinating to observe weirdos who try to force their way into others. There was also that weird attitude toward new members to say: I'm here if you have any questions, or something like that. It can be conscious or unconscious, but it looks like those instances where a predator isolates a pray in order to feed on it. In any case, it is always a good opportunity to learn about others and about some mechanical aspects of ourselves. The pathological persistence and cognitive dissonance are some other aspects that are obvious from the above exchanges too IMHO.

mkrnhr said:
It is always fascinating to observe weirdos who try to force their way into others. There was also that weird attitude toward new members to say: I'm here if you have any questions, or something like that. It can be conscious or unconscious, but it looks like those instances where a predator isolates a pray in order to feed on it. In any case, it is always a good opportunity to learn about others and about some mechanical aspects of ourselves. The pathological persistence and cognitive dissonance are some other aspects that are obvious from the above exchanges too IMHO.
Personally, I found the above in bold to be almost jaw dropping.

Gimpy said:

I wonder if (because it seems so) sometimes one's attachments go into overdrive when someone is on the brink of learning something that would potentially threaten the food supply - the head gets noisy, the various I's get louder and louder; General Law ups the ante, regardless of whether or not the person is even aware of such things.

Heimdallr said:
He never sincerely wanted to learn, nor did he have any interest in truly understanding the foundations which this forum is based on. He wanted to "help us", to teach us the error of our ways. Anything else beyond that just got in his way.

It seems that he doesn't have the tool of Self Observation, in which case isn't he then dominated by and subjected to the reactions of the predator's mind and potential attachments? If that's the case, then it appears there really isn't any 'He'....rather a compilation of I's, programs, and interjected thoughts by who knows what that he probably has no way of differentiating. It seems then that he's sort of in his in his own way (provided we're not dealing with an agent intentionally placed here for shenanigans).

Laura said:
Isn't it fascinating how it plays out exactly the same every time? You've only seen it live a couple of times. Just wait! It gets more interesting when other pathologies get exposed.

Had some exchanges with this person on the fb thread, basically to see whatever there is to see - how he reacts, how he responds, does he go on the attack, etc, and why I would speak in the first place. I don't doubt that it gets more interesting and that I have much to learn. Time will tell I suppose and all is lessons.

Some of the stuff Lobaczewski wrote about may be applicable here:

[quote author=Political Ponerology]
Pathological egotism derives from repressing from one's field of consciousness any objectionable, self-critical associations referring to one's own nature or normality. Dramatic questions such as "who is abnormal here, me or this world of people who feel and think differently?" are answered in the world's disfavor. Such egotism is always linked to a dissimulative attitude (hiding one's true intentions), with a Cleckley mask over some pathological quality being hidden from consciousness, both one's own and that of other people. The greatest intensity of such egotism can be found in prefrontal characteropathy.
[/quote]

Lobaczewski states that the dominant factor in prefrontal characteropathy is a damage to the psychological function which "enables us to grasp a certain number of imaginary elements in our field of consciousness and subject them to internal contemplation." This capacity does not have a strong correlation with general intelligence and does not impair associative capacity or memory or instinct based feelings and functions like the ability to intuit a psychological situation. The non-damaged psychological functions become overdeveloped to compensate the short-coming.

[quote author=Political Ponerology]
In the thought process of such people, a short-cut way develops which bypasses the handicapped function, thus leading from associations directly to words, deeds and decisions which are not subject to any dissuasion. Such individuals interpret their talent for intuiting situations and making split-second oversimplified decisions as a sign of their superiority compared to normal people, who need to think for long time, experiencing self-doubt and conflicting motivations.
[/quote]

Such characters are also inclined towards exerting influence on others through spellbinding.

It seems at least some of the above qualities were on display in this situation. It is likely that the "dissimulative attitude" was at play right from the beginning which was covered up by a mask of being curious and questioning everything. The reluctance to do the reading as well as cherry-picking certain data to cast aspersions on what is done here was apparent.

As one example among others, after being asked to do the required reading which is asked of every member here, among other things there was this thread on hypnosis Summary of Hypnosis Capabilities: No use in recovering memories . Here he wrote
[quote author=benbuehne]
I bring this to light because of some healthy skepticism. As I read through some of the material I see hypnosis is relied upon a decent amount. I wonder about some of the information provided due to hypnosis. I was hoping that some of these concerns could be put to rest by some forum members.
[/quote]

yet from the title of the thread it seemed that the conclusion had already been reached. Good faith attempts by forumites to address the issues raised was largely brushed off with a perfunctory agreement moving on to other topics.

I just received this message from benbuehne:

Actually I should apologize for my behavior. Ya see... I've been sick the last few days. I always get a bit strange when I have a fever... and I did have a high one. It's inexplicable... people I know say I act quite differently when sick and it's proven true again. I had my skepticisms and they all decided to come out on that thread for whatever reason. While the skepticism may hold true I hadn't finished reading and I had wanted to reserve any of that after drawing more firm conclusions... which I did not do. Thus even if what I stated holds true it was the behavior that I need to ask forgiveness for...

I have no idea why he apologizes to me and asks for "forgiveness". He could have posted this on the post he made on my wall or even mention this on the forum today. I also don't think that his "fever" is the only issue here.

Spiral Out said:
I just received this message from benbuehne:

Actually I should apologize for my behavior. Ya see... I've been sick the last few days. I always get a bit strange when I have a fever... and I did have a high one. It's inexplicable... people I know say I act quite differently when sick and it's proven true again. I had my skepticisms and they all decided to come out on that thread for whatever reason. While the skepticism may hold true I hadn't finished reading and I had wanted to reserve any of that after drawing more firm conclusions... which I did not do. Thus even if what I stated holds true it was the behavior that I need to ask forgiveness for...

I have no idea why he apologizes to me and asks for "forgiveness". He could have posted this on the post he made on my wall or even mention this on the forum today. I also don't think that his "fever" is the only issue here.

Well he's been demonstrating this behaviour ever since he got here, pretty long fever if you ask me!

Plus, imagining that it was all caused by illness, someone who lacks the insight to see how this 'illness' is consistently affecting their heads and still continues to post noise is not cut out for this, imo.

The mod's analyses seem spot on right now.

Back
Top Bottom