Daybreak

Jacques

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
We watched that movie of 1993 yesterday night and although it is about a virus (HIV/AIDS), it can be easily substituted for the Covid and our crazy times.
If I had seen it in 1993 I would have never but never believed that something like that could happen to our society.

Here are some reviews of the movie:

An underrated film
A few of the people making earlier comments missed the point of this film. The disease described wasn't AIDS-like, it was AIDS. I suspect a few viewers may be too young to remember the near hysteria of the mid to late 1980s that had otherwise rational people calling for all HIV positive people to be permanently interned.

Clearly the writer(s) of Daybreak wanted to illustrate one possible future in which fear was allowed to win out. This has a strong message to send us in 2005 too.

Drama based on Alan Bowne's play Beirut, takes place in the decrepit New York City of the near future, controlled by a fascistic government.

A terrible disease, which is transmitted by sexual means, has appeared on the American continent. The infectious agent, of an astonishing virulence, has already caused the death of a large part of the population. In order to stop the plague, the infected people are sequestered in camps from which they cannot leave. A group of individuals, specially charged with tracking down possible carriers of the deadly germ, spread panic at every street corner, determined not to let anyone fall through the cracks of their net. But some rebels, motivated by love and freedom, resist...

47945.jpg

Back
Top Bottom