Depictions of crop circle features ...

Haiku

Jedi Master
I always debate how to show the crop circles. Since I have a few followers here, I would like your opinion on the modeling method of certain features that I am presenting. This first question is on one that I did for Sanctuary in Avebury. I ended up thinking that this looked like an eyeball, but that may have been because of the modeling method. I am also attaching another method to depict this same crop circle. The feature that I am needing advice on is the standing crop inside the circle. You can see it in the first picture. The second image is the one that I originally generated of the crop circle. This gave it a layered spherical look to the standing crop. The third is the alternate method that also generates a same crop circle footprint. As you can see the standing crop is just shown as a planar object, almost hugging the inner centre.

Which do you like or which one do you see as more correct than the other. I am always interested in listening to comments on how I interpret the crop circles and how they are presented. Haiku …

Attachments

• q1a.JPG
    q1a.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 97
  • sanctuary avebury1.jpg
    sanctuary avebury1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 96
  • q1b.JPG
    q1b.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 95
Hello Haiku, the first thing I noticed about this crop circle was that it was taken with a fish-eye lens, which distorts the image somewhat. The second thing was that it has been trampled by the people in the picture, and maybe those who created it. Overall it has a man-made feel to it, for me anyway. The image conjures up for me the crescent often seen on flags of Muslim nations. I wouldn't add any more than that.

Haiku, I think neither way is wrong. I personally feel that attempt plays important part in this activity. You have a crop circle picture in your mind and you see what things it allows to do with itself: twist it, spin it, watch it from different angles, than try to model it.

As an example I have figured out that oare-wilshire (2010-06-21) crop circle can be pictured like a single sphere or as a cylinder. Some other ways may apply. In the web it's mentioned that the "rays" coming from the center of a circle are digits of the number Phi. So the shape of the object may be modified according to the golden ratio, I guess. As C's say "Open". Be open to any opportunity and it will eventually "speak up".

I still have to update my Sketch-Up so no preview other than original - flat - crop circle, sorry.

Attachments

• wiltshire_2010.jpg
    wiltshire_2010.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 80
First let me start that when I started this, I guesstimated that I might get 5% responses so I was not shooting too high. I received 1%, well actually, less than 1%. This is not detouring this effort. So, I will continue.

Zee Ley, thank you for your comments. The main thought of nothing is wrong at this point is true. All generated images are pure of intent. This is 4D kindergarten and this is the 4D equivalent of finger painting. And all finger-painted paintings are, for lack of a better word, perfect. I am exhilarated to be an instructor in this.

MusicMan, you bring up a valid point. This does look like a chevron, logo, call sign, crest, well I got the same idea when I made it. It changed the result more than I could expect. That it resembles a symbol in this reality is an interesting point. What if this is more than a coincidence? Clues have been left for us, this could be something that replicates a symbol from beyond our reality. A form of it may be used in this reality. So, what we have here is possibly a flag for somewhere else. Very interesting. If this is true, then you must wonder who is this flag showing. Are they STS or STO? To be continued …

As for what I will show in crop circles I will produce 2 versions for a time. The different versions may show us something. I will try this again with another crop circle, maybe get more of the watchers of this thread to respond. Haiku …

Almost off-topic:) Here how strange metal washer looks like through the glass ball. Angle matters:) Haiku, I was wandering if you know... Is there any particular way to find the angle/point of view of the observer?

Attachments

• 20170614_211722.jpg
    20170614_211722.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
Zee Ley, long time no contact, great to hear from you. You have a legitimate question. Spherical shapes are something that I like myself. I have several 40mm spheres in various types of quartz and one 150mm clear quartz sphere, yes it is a crystal ball. The crystal ball sits right beside me when I at the computer. It weighs a little more than 10 pounds, quite impressive. But back to your ball, this is the hard way (easy way later). First you need to identify the properties of the spherical object. It may be just glass, it might be something else (from leaded glass, quartz, …). Different materials can have an effect on the focus point, causing distortion.

A warning note to all. The spherical clear object be it glass or quartz or whatever, can be used as a magnifying glass, and very well I might say. And the larger the sphere the greater the ability to focus light into a pinpoint inferno. I found this out as I got my crystal ball years ago during one Christmas. It sat on a counter until springtime when the sunlight began to hit it. There was an orchid nearby. Needless to say, there are two perfect holes burned thru overlapping leaves that were in the focus point. We quickly moved the crystal ball to a corner where sunlight and moonlight will not hit it. Yes, moonlight can produce an effect at this size also. Just be careful of where you sit this sphere shape.

Now your sphere, calculate the volume of the item. Quartz has a density of 0.0957 lb/in³. Glass is 0.0867 lb/in³ in density. They are close in density. I get this data from http://www.matweb.com. The next step is to weigh your sphere. You should be able to see close results. I say this because glass when properly poured will produce a calculatable answer to these formula’s. http://www.physicsinsights.org/simple_optics_spherical_lenses-1.html This site is everything you ever wanted to know about calculating this item. This is a two part calculation. There is a formula for going to a spherical shape to a flat. And another set to calculate from the flat to the spherical focal point. You have to calculate the entrance of the sphere, shown lower on page, and use this data to drive the upper half. Now Quartz can distort this anywhere up to 10%. Quartz crystal, grown through tectonic processes, can distort light. The larger the sphere, the larger possible deviation. And it can be quite different as you spin the sphere.

Now the easy way, please do not start a fire doing this. You just take it out in the sunlight. Take some kind of material where you could see burning but be able to easily put it out. You do not need to get it burning, smoke will do. A piece of harder firewood chunk will do easily. If you are worried about starting something on fire, have some water close by to douse it, just in case. You can see the focal point on sunlight as you change the distance of the sphere to the substance. It is approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of the sphere diameter.

Now the bigger problem is you cannot focus on anything but one point. Any object larger than the head of a pin will be distorted, and you will probably even get some distortion there. Of note: I can see about a half of fingertip clearly on my 150mm crystal ball. Well that is our math and science lesion for the day. Have a great day and thanks for bringing this up Zee Ley, Haiku …

Haiku,

Nothing much to add lately. Daily life takes it share. But I do follow your threads. There is something for me in them.

As I’ve mentioned before in mathematics I am dumb:) I have to try/touch/observe things. That is the way I comprehend.
The crystal ball I have is made of quartz.

I am thinking here if I see crop circle similar to the pattern in the photo above. I cannot say for sure what kind of material is used or what is the weight of the object. Nevertheless is it still possible (going from flat shape to spherical one) to come up with the idea of a transparent sphere lying on a disc (quartz ball lying on a metal washer as in my case)?

Noteworthy, this pattern of washer being distorted through the ball is peculiar to the camera I used. I could not get the same image using my eyes either both or one by one.

I know it is hard to understand me at the moment. Just let me get some more crystal balls:) and I will be able to show what I have in mind.

P.S Let’s assume we have a language. Shapes and lines are the hieroglyphs of this language. What is its grammar than? Could it be point(s) of view, source(s) of light, focus, shadow, reflection, distortion etc…

Attachments

• 20170614_172925.jpg
    20170614_172925.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20170614_174310.jpg
    20170614_174310.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20170614_172942.jpg
    20170614_172942.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom