Deutsche Übersetzung/ German Subs - "UFOs, Aliens and the Question of Contact"

crystalicdream

Padawan Learner
Ich hoffe, dass es in Ordnung ist, wenn ich dazu ein neues Thema hier eröffne. Aber ich wollte nun mit euch die Früchte meiner Arbeit teilen, nämlich die deutsche Übersetzung von "UFOs, Aliens and the Question of Contact". Es hat etwas gedauert den ganzen Film alleine zu übersetzen, aber ich bin mir sicher, dass es von Nutzen sein wird.

Was ich an dieser Stelle von den deutschen Usern gerne fragen will, die sich auch gut mit Englisch auskennen: Ich bitte darum, dass diese Untertitel auf Fehler hin kontrolliert werden. Da ich alleine daran gearbeitet habe, sind Fehler nicht ausgeschlossen, und ich bitte um Verbesserung jeglicher Fehler damit die Information so originalgetreu wie möglich weiter gegeben wird.

Zum einen war ich mir beispielsweise nicht sicher, als was ich das Wort "density" denn übersetzen soll. Ich habe hier den Begriff "Ebene" genommen, um einen Unterschied zu "Dimension" herauszustellen.

-----

I hope it is okay if I open up a new topic in this forum. But I wanted to share the fruits of my work with you, and that is the german translation of "UFOs, Aliens and the Question of Contact". It took a while to translate the whole film on my own, but I am sure that it will also be of use.

At this point, I am asking the german users who are very good with english of one thing: I ask you to please correct the subtitles of any errors you might find. Since I worked alone on this, errors may have occured and I ask of you to pleace correct any error you may find, to ensure the information is passed on in an undistorted manner.

For example I wasn't sure how to translate the word "density" into German and took the word "Ebene" for it to make clear that density does not mean the same as "dimension"

Attachments

• German Subs for UFOsAliensandtheQuestionofContact.zip
    53.6 KB · Views: 10
Wow, great job! :clap: I have downloaded the video and your subtitles and will proofread/correct them. Judging the first 4 minutes, the translation is very good! I'll write here when I'm done. Then maybe we can contact the creator of the video and upload the subtitle file to YouTube, or hard-embed the subtitles into a copy of the video.

Danke, Data, dass du die Subs auf Fehler hin überprüfst.

Ich frage mich, ob ich noch den zweiten Film übersetzen soll, "Love, Reality and the Time of Transition".
Gibt es sonst noch irgendwelche Filme, von denen eine deutsche Übersetzung sinnvoll und gewünscht wäre?

--

Thank you, Data, for checking the subtitles for errors.

I am wondering now if I should start working on subtitles for the second film, "Love, Reality and the Time of Transition".
Are there any other films of which german subtitles are wished and useful?

crystalicdream said:
I am wondering now if I should start working on subtitles for the second film, "Love, Reality and the Time of Transition".

I think it would be very good to have this in German too!

Thank you for your work crystalicdream!

crystalicdream said:
Zum einen war ich mir beispielsweise nicht sicher, als was ich das Wort "density" denn übersetzen soll. Ich habe hier den Begriff "Ebene" genommen, um einen Unterschied zu "Dimension" herauszustellen.

So far we translated it with "Dichte", but Data is taking care of it when he is proof reading your translation.

That's awesome, crystalicdream, thanks a lot! :bacon: That's a first-timer to have video material of this quality about the UFO topic (i.e. including the heads-up about all the disinfo out there) in the German language. Really cool!

Great work, indeed!

Data said:
crystalicdream said:

I think it would be very good to have this in German too!

I second that!

"Love, Reality and the Time of Transition"in german would be very nice...

Yeah, it would be great :) Let us know as soon as it can be proofread.

Sehr gut, dann fange ich so bald wie möglich auch mit dem nächsten Film an.

---

Very well, I am starting with the subtitles for the next film very soon.

Ok, proofread 1 (PR1) is done, see attachment.

Attachments

• UFOsAliensandtheQuestionofContactv20fulllengthwcorrections.srt.txt
    140.6 KB · Views: 3
Vielen dank für Überprüfung der Sub! Ich frage mich nun, was wir damit machen: soll noch jemand einen zweiten Proofread machen, oder sollen wir es jetzt so wie es ist an dern Schöpfer des Videos übermitteln?
Der erste Proofread ist sehr gut, ich habe es mir heute angsehen. Ich kann gar nicht genug danken für deine Arbeit, Data!

Thank you for the prooferead of the subs! I am now wondering what to do with that: Is a second proofread necessary, or should we give the subtitles now as they are to the creator of the video?
The first proofread is very good, I have watched it today. I cannot thank you enough for your work here, Data!

crystalicdream said:
Vielen dank für Überprüfung der Sub! Ich frage mich nun, was wir damit machen: soll noch jemand einen zweiten Proofread machen, oder sollen wir es jetzt so wie es ist an dern Schöpfer des Videos übermitteln?
Der erste Proofread ist sehr gut, ich habe es mir heute angsehen. Ich kann gar nicht genug danken für deine Arbeit, Data!

Thank you for the prooferead of the subs! I am now wondering what to do with that: Is a second proofread necessary, or should we give the subtitles now as they are to the creator of the video?
The first proofread is very good, I have watched it today. I cannot thank you enough for your work here, Data!

Thanks for your work crystalicdream. Data proofread it and the subs are now embedded. Enjoy and share the result :D:

https://youtu.be/M-Ss-HIhixw

Reactions: Ca.
Back
Top Bottom