Did anyone catch "Heros" on nbc?

Cyre2067

The Living Force
Infamously wonderful matrix programming has brought us a new show about superhero's.

Ordinary folks that become extraordinary. One girl is a regenerator, two brothers can fly, a prescient artist who depicts catastrophy, a mom who has split personalities and one of them being a berserker, a japanese guy who can bend space/time and teleport, just to name a few.

It caught my attention because im a superhero nut. I also have that perchant desire to be one, which i think is what the show is trying to appeal to. Considering the success of comic book movies it only makes sense they do it with TV shows, and this seems to be the first one thats attempting to be original as opposed to ripping off material which existed prior.

My number 1 fear is that it's going to move at a snails pace and we won't get any super-villians until season 2. That and i hate commercials. I don't watch TV and this is the first show i've watched in a long time. It was interesting, in that it jumped, soap-opera style, from hero to hero, giving a bit of background on each and showing their first flirations with their powers.

By the way they displayed these kids testing out their powers it was almost like they're encouraging their viewers to do the same. The space time guy especially, he stares at a clock and you can see the consteration on his face as he "tries" to make it go back one second. He's concentrating really hard. It made me laugh. He then teleports himself into the girls bathroom in a club, and then from tokyo to nyc at the end of the show, very cool. He's also all about star trek, which made him my favorite character.

Did anyone else catch it? Comments?

Yes, I caught the show. It is IMO a show to portray "The wonderful world of Imaginations",
but I wonder if kids see this show just might try to test their own theory that maybe too, they
have special powers too? The power of suggestion via the media? Hmmm.

As a kid, for some darn reason, I had such vivid dreams of flying (maybe I was a bird in my
past incarnations or maybe I actually recall subliminally my true ethereal nature) and I had
these dreams quite often that it was quite disconcerting. I had many episodes, flying around
all over the place, swooping up/down, in between buildings, above people, watchin others looking
awestruck at my capabilities, and so on. I can recall many bits and pieces of this dream time and
time again while still awake. When I saw one of the brothers stepping off a tall building, I started
to cringe a little in my mind, of the power of suggestion, that someone just might try to do the same
thing, while awake. I guess, I am being a little crazy :) Maybe this show just triggered my deja-vue
of my dreams and that is all it is.

As for the staring at a clock and try to make it stop or reverse? Yup, I actually tried that.
As for trying telekinesis, and try to move objects? Yup. Tried that.

Brrrrrrr. This sends chills up my spine :)

Hi Dant-

Just reading your post-and not really anything to do with the show-but you talk about "flying" in your dreams and you have Peter Pan as an avatar...perfect match!

tschai said:
Just reading your post-and not really anything to do with the show-but you talk about "flying" in your dreams and you have Peter Pan as an avatar...perfect match!
Yes, that and my own 'inner child' profile! :)

Back
Top Bottom