Do tattoos hold any special significance?

Ancient of Lore

Padawan Learner
I heard in Reiki people use symbols to control the flow of energy so I was thinking in GENERAL is there any benefit drawing specific symbols on the body as in tattoos to increase the flow of healing/positive energy or it's just useless?

I've always thought tattoos were like branding on animals, so I wouldn't place much emphasis on their value. An ink stain on your body will not do you any good. I know plenty of people who have them, some regret it, some feel determined to justify them. I wouldn't bother with it if I were you, just my two cents.

Also, I've read on here that a tattoo can "anchor a frequency", so saying if you've got an attachment, they can attach more fully if they're given the seal of approval, ie a tattoo. What you identify with can also define what you are, and this can have negative consequences.

I've always thought tattoos were like branding on animals, so I wouldn't place much emphasis on their value. An ink stain on your body will not do you any good. I know plenty of people who have them, some regret it, some feel determined to justify them. I wouldn't bother with it if I were you, just my two cents.
But what if you don't use blank ink to make tattoo instead some other chemical together with the drawn symbol to boost maximum healing energy, etc. Satanists use ink made of blood for example to draw symbols. What if we use something positive to get possitive like you are a doctor and you draw possitive tattoos/symbols/others on the patients body to get healing energy?

But what if you don't use blank ink to make tattoo instead some other chemical together with the drawn symbol to boost maximum healing energy, etc. Satanists use ink made of blood for example to draw symbols. What if we use something positive to get possitive like you are a doctor and you draw possitive tattoos/symbols/others on the patients body to get healing energy?

I don't think there's any evidence that can support that theory. I'd concentrate on the development of the mind, heart and conscience, it's what I do (or at least just try, lol). Healing comes from understanding who you are and what you've experienced, not symbols. It's interesting, once I was in a relationship with a woman who really wanted us to get mutual tattoos. 6 years later we separated, I was glad I didn't commit to a life long reminder of this period in my life. The universe communicates with us via crop circles, we don't really need them on our body. Honestly, I wouldn't make a commitment to what may be a transient phase in your life.

Q: (L) We would like to know a bit more on the subject of rituals, which you have warned us are restricting on many levels. Why is this?

A: If one believes in one's activities sincerely, to the greatest extent, they certainly will produce SOME benefit, at SOME level. But, merely following patterns for the sake of following patterns, does not produce sincerity and faith necessary for ultimate benefits to result. So, therefore, as always, one must search from within, rather than from without, to answer that question. Do you understand? To give you an example, to be certain, you meet this all the time. If you read material in the pages of a book that advises one form of ritual or another, and you follow that form of ritual because you have read words printed on the pages, does that really give you the true sense of satisfaction and accomplishment within yourself to the greatest extent possible? Whereas, if you, yourself, were to develop an activity which one or another could interpret or define as a ritual, but it comes from within you, it feels RIGHT to you, and you have a sincere and complete faith in it, whatever it may be, does that feel right to you?

Q: (L) Yes.

A: Have we answered the question, then?

Q: (L) Yes, thank you.
I thought this paragraph would be helpful.

Hi Ancient of Lore, personally I've never been a fan of tattoos but I guess the specific image being tattooed matters. Some tattoos are quite pretty and interesting, others are ugly and scary. I don't mind the former ones that much but the latter ones creep me out.

That said, I have met a few heavily tattooed people and although their tattoos were quite dark and almost repulsive they themselves were really nice, warm, friendly and helpful people. I've always wondered what must be going on inside a person who chooses to have grim tattoos. In the below posts Laura sheds some light on what that may be:

One thing that occurs to me about tattoos is this: if the act is reflective of anger, frustration, hurt, or even just wanting to be part of a "tattooing crowd", the tattoo sort of anchors that energy to the body in a permanent way. You can't fully release the anger, frustration, or hurt without making the tattoo go away also. And you can't move from the "tattooing crowd" to a different social group so easily without also removing the tattoos.

It seems to me that the newly developed tatoo removing cream is the best way to do this because it apparently takes a little time, and during that time, one could focus on the specific issues connected to the individual tattoo.

I was also reading a book the other day that mentions the problem of systemic poisoning from tattoos - we do not really know the effects of putting a bunch of foreign stuff under our skin over the long term. What are the constituents of the inks? How safe are they?

Another thing that occurs to me is that it might be that a person gets tattoos under the influence of spirit attachments and the tattoos might then act as "connections" with that attachment and getting rid of one might also get rid of the other.

This one is apparently available now: _http://www.tatbgone.com/index.html

It's apparently available on amazon where it has bad reviews. So, dunno.
(Fabric) What happened when I heard somebody call my name twice when I woke up? It wasn't anybody in the house.

(L) When was that?

(Fabric) About three weeks ago.

A: Expanding awareness.

Q: (Galatea) So that was his higher self in a sense?

(L) Well, I dunno... Was it his higher self?

A: No

Q: (L) So expanding awareness is like walking between two worlds, being aware of alternate realities or something?

A: Yes

Q: (Galatea) So he heard a voice in an alternative reality?

Q: (Andromeda) Bleedthrough.

(L) Thank god it wasn't chupacabras. And the night that I thought that my dog jumped up on my bed, was that Sebastian?

Q: (L) And what was he doing?

A: Protecting from ethereal stalkers.

Q: (L) And how come there were ethereal stalkers? Was that because of the energy around at the time?

A: Close.

Q: (L) So, there was something like you described before - an energy mismatch - and it opened a door to something?

Q: (L) Hmm. Is it possible, as we have speculated, that tattoos can anchor attachments?

A: Yes!

The big problem with this stuff is that it's like poison that you have to use in small doses, otherwise you end up perishing.
The other thing about this stuff is that satanists don't have to do anything good, so engraving a symbol or two to do evil, and it ends up turning against them, no problem.
In the case of our super doctor, he had better not miss at the drawing level, because in this situation, himself is more important than the drawing itself.
Finally he doesn't need to make tattoos, or maybe the ones in the malabars!

Last edited:
I heard in Reiki people use symbols to control the flow of energy so I was thinking in GENERAL is there any benefit drawing specific symbols on the body as in tattoos to increase the flow of healing/positive energy or it's just useless?

Reiki is mostly used to heal physical and emotional ailments, in conjunction with the intent of the giver. The symbols have a specific purpose in regards to healing. It is not about using symbols to control the flow of energy.

I'm not sure tattooing Reiki symbols on the body would have much affect. It's the entire process that makes it work IMO.

It seems just tattooed in reiki symbol to one’s own body is not helping to heal anybody.
The each Reiki Symbol is unique and important but the reiki master must have to know how to draw right way to someone’s body and able to connect to universe information field, otherwise it will be useless, or harmful to the person.
I can’t find this particular transcript that related to this subject, but if I remember correctly, the person was doing reiki to Laura, but found out later the person was stealing Laura’s energy, something like that. So have to be very carful.

December 10th 2016

(L): So, we have a couple of further questions about Reiki and the first one is: Do the symbols in and of themselves have any power other than what people imbue in them?

A: Indeed, however, it requires the attuning to connect to the symbols and "drive" them.

Q: (L) So you're suggesting that symbols are like a car that is sitting there with the potential of going places and carrying things and so forth, but without a driver it doesn't work. Is that it?

A: Close.

Q: (Joe) On the first question about do symbols have power in and of themselves, the answer was "yes". What power do they have?

(L) Well, we went through that. It's like the car that can be driven, but you have to beconnected to drive it.

(Joe) Well, that's just an analogy, but in what way do symbols have power?

(Data) The car has power, but it's turned off.

A: Connectors to information

I'd like to echo what others have said and add a few of my thoughts, tattooing a "powerful" image or symbol alone won't do the trick.

Doing it with the illusion that it might, could actually cause more trouble than not doing it at all in my opinion. Changes in worldview and thus protection, energy conservation, health, knowledge and so on, all have to originate within, and if your outside world changes as a result of this, then it's a different story.

It's the difference between hoping that painting the walls of your apartment will change your mood or make your life better, as opposed to realizing that you need to change the walls in your apartment as a result of a choice you've made about your life needing to be better and such a task being part of the process.

The end result externally might look the same, but the process originated within, and then the color of the walls being a different color are now a reminder of an internal change and not a symptom of lack of will to work.

I hope the above makes sense, just my two humble cents.

Reiki is mostly used to heal physical and emotional ailments, in conjunction with the intent of the giver. The symbols have a specific purpose in regards to healing. It is not about using symbols to control the flow of energy.

I'm not sure tattooing Reiki symbols on the body would have much affect. It's the entire process that makes it work IMO.

To add to Beau's points, you cannot be attuned by just anybody, it has to be a previously attuned Reiki Master. So drawing or tattooing Reiki symbols by someone who hasn't been attuned will not have much, if any, effect.

Additionally, during the attunement process the Reiki Master puts their intent into drawing the symbols and the process. As noted in the quotes from Laura I provided above, an intent can be anchored with the tattoo too. Do you trust the person doing your tattoo to be the right individual who will not anchor any funky emotions or negative energies during the tattooing process? And do you trust yourself not to have some hidden desires or intentions that would get anchored to you with that tattoo?

How little we know ourselves and our unconscious intentions is described in the book Strangers to Ourselves. As a forum member, you may have read it already but if not, here's a link to the relevant thread: The Adaptive Unconscious

Tattoos lock a person into a particular frequency, I’d say.

This disallows later tuning across the widest spectrum possible. You can’t stay flexible, you fall out of superposition.

It’s really odd today; so many people have tattoos; this has been discussed before and I'm basically reiterating what has already been said, but since the topic has come up again, I’ll just pop in to air my wonder once more. It’s like there’s a mad scramble to follow the leader out there.

I’ve noticed that when I ask about people’s tattoos, their stories nearly always underwhelm. -I mean, sometimes it’s a matter of bonding with a lover or a family member, and that I can at least understand. However much more often, people pick images it would seem, in an effort simply to find validity and identity through the act of having a tattoo, (like all the other kids). They’re placing energy on a material focus rather than a soul focus. They missed a lot, if not all, of the important memos. That’s unfortunate. When you work in earnest on your energy and spirit, the effect is far more profound than any surface image could be, -not to mention a surface image which indicates, “Tragic and Clueless Lizard Snack Right Here! Cooooome and get it!”

Nobody’s ever asked, but I’m pretty sure my desire to not mark my body with an attachment anchor would make for a far more compelling discussion than some of the reasons I’ve heard people describe for getting one.

Basically, if you want to escape the matrix, observe everybody who is plugged in for life, and do the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom