Doctor Sleep

It looks pretty good and the IMDB score is 7.5.

Here's a review from IMDB:

Finally got to see my most anticipated film of the year and I'm happy to tell you it's everything I wished for and more. Flanagan has done an amazing job adapting the book from Stephen King and giving lovers of the Kubrick film adaptation of "The Shining" (1980) a cinematic sequel. Now i read the book and while I enjoyed it for the most part, I found parts of it underwhelming. I feel in this film adaptation, Flanagan takes elements from the novel and manages to make them more darker and serious which in turn really helped address some issues I had with the book. He does make some serious changes though and while I embraced them I'm not sure how others who read the book will feel about them. "The Shining" (1980) to me and I'm sure a lot of you, is a masterpiece in filmmaking. I for one prefer it over the novel and with this film, it most certainly feels like a sequel to Stanley Kubrick's version and a love letter to that film. The last 30 mins or so are absolutely amazing and kudos to Flanagan for pulling it off. Ewan McGregor does a great job as an adult Danny Torrance and Rebecca Ferguson captivates as Rose the Hat. The film sets a great tone with some stunning visuals and the score completely grabs you. How much you enjoy this film really depends on what you want out of it. There's practically no gore here and no cheap jump scares. What you'll get though is expert filmmaking from someone who you can tell really loves the source material he's pulling it all in from. Everything struck a balance for me that I was tremendously pleased with, top horror film of the year.

I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I like fantasy.
I can't compare it to books I haven't read, but I find it's much better than Shining. It's really captivating from beginning to end. The two and a half hours go by very quickly. To be recommended!

The movie in my opinion is excellent. But I think that this opinion of mine is quite conditioned by the topics covered in it. I mean, for those who have read a lot about Laura's work, and other authors who describe the hyperdimensional, and energetic nature of life on earth, and esoteric knowledge in general, it feels like a breath of fresh air when exposed in a direct way to these realities and the impact it produces.

The film is good with good cinematography. There is a scene with a cat in a hospital who can sense when a patient is going to die. There are however a few violent scenes to be prepared for, especially after "they" kidnap the kid returning from his baseball match.

Back
Top Bottom