Ice Age Preparation ?

At the end of WW II a lot of persons did flee from Soviet troupes quite fast and unprepared during winter time. Many could take only a few things with them. And even these few thing may have taken from them on the way. Other had to go what they had on their bodies. Many died on the way e.g due to the cold or war, others survived. Those who reached the Western parts of Germany were not welcome and had to struggle to build up their livelihoods again.
I think that in a breakdown situation you could loose everything. But know-how, knowledge is hardest to loose.
We do not know what we will experience and when. It could be that there will be something like the fall of the Roman Empire, the Black Death, the little ice age ...
There were breakdowns during the lifetimes of living people - breakdowns like these are happening quite often but still people experiencing them are struggling.

How to prepare For Extreme Cold Weather Survival
Deep Survival: Who lives, who dies, and why
The Truth Perspective - Economic Collapse - Interview with Fernando Aguirre (Show)
Show #35: Surviving the End of the World (as we Know it) (Show)
Show #66 - Lessons from collapse of USSR for USA: Interview with Dmitry Orlov (Show)

Eíriú-Eolas (page)
Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program
Éiriú-Eolas - Guide/FAQ

Things change. Or like i read somewhere, everything swaps. I thought, with my 100+ community and the mountain of bits and bobs and tools, communal garden, chickens and ducks, knowledge of scrap food sources, contacts everywhere, we could hold out together quite well.
Well, we have to relocate before x-mas, because of zoning laws, and it is harsh. My fysical condition has collapsed, not shure why.
I do plan to draw back into my small Mongolian Jurt , when the weather gets too adverse, with more people in it, it will get warmer, but flooding will be its weak point. We are all buying shipping containers to stash our personal stuff and workshops into, and everybody is stressed, we have been happy here for 20 years..

Things change. Or like i read somewhere, everything swaps. I thought, with my 100+ community and the mountain of bits and bobs and tools, communal garden, chickens and ducks, knowledge of scrap food sources, contacts everywhere, we could hold out together quite well.
Well, we have to relocate before x-mas, because of zoning laws, and it is harsh. My fysical condition has collapsed, not shure why.
I do plan to draw back into my small Mongolian Jurt , when the weather gets too adverse, with more people in it, it will get warmer, but flooding will be its weak point. We are all buying shipping containers to stash our personal stuff and workshops into, and everybody is stressed, we have been happy here for 20 years..
That's very sad to hear cope...where will everyone go?

Since I found Laura's work in 2011 (I feel I have been searching for these types of truths for lifetimes), I have gone through major changes in terms of my perspective of "end times" the "ice age," and "preparations." About 10 or so yrs ago, I just felt a feeling of doom which led me to research about aliens and "end times" and eventually I found Cassiopaea (thank the higher powers). And at first I felt extremely desperate to prepare physically though not making much progress in such apart from getting $10K worth of gold coins and large gas cans and a really good water purifier which requires electricity . So far, having these items feels kind of silly. I perseverate about when money is going to fail, we'll get "chipped" and if my gold coins will be worth anything. Haven't started seriously gardening, learning to garden or hoarding food. We are doing a huge purge of our stuff at home which feels good which will make room for a deep freezer.

I often perseverate about when things are going to get really bad--like when it's going to start snowing and not not stop but maybe less so than I did before. I live in the Boston area so definitely in the glacier path. But also finding that things are not falling apart as fast as I thought they would be--seems like more of a slower burn with larger more sudden, traumatic events like the earthquakes in CA yet to happen.

I started to read "A cold welcome." What struck me so far is how wet and variable the weather was during "the little ice age." It seems like sometimes it was warm out of season then very cold. Some places flooded and some places had droughts--just like now. Also was very frightening and interesting to read about how in 1608 the winter suddenly got really severe after some places had record warmth in 1607. There was a volcano that exploded in the early 1600s if I remember correctly. Also, people back then could not explain what was going on with the climate, thinking that the equator would be on fire and the planets that rotated around the earth absorbed the moisture from the earth (or something like that). It strikes me as such folly that the majority humanity is just as much in the dark about the climate and the cosmic climate as people were in the 1500 and 1600s, believing that only "global warming" is the cause of the current wild/weird weather. It's like believing that the earth's "humours" are out of whack.

I think that probably the best way for me to prepare is to have people to rely on/some sort of community--I have friends and husband but the one thing that I have not done enough is connect with the forum and people on the forum. As Laura said
supporting FOTCM, participating actively in the limited things we are doing at present, is basically helping us to be better able to help you.

I really need to do more active participation, so making a commitment to do so.

That's very sad to hear cope...where will everyone go?
Not shure, we do ask each other carefully, shellshocked. Half is preparing, me not yet. There is a former sludgefield under the main ringway we can be at for 2 years. It comes out like 100m2 each for half of us, after mandatory firecorridors, Ecotoilets, campsite-like. But main thing is, it gives an legal adress, the main problem outside costly buying or renting, no adress--> no bank, pasport problem, tax problem etc. So, we will have to make the best of it, try to collectively buy or rent the place, make a plan to set up a regelluwe (in the lee of the ruling wind) eco-zone, somewhere were we can also have the house-boat people and the ateliers and workshops (for income).

Not shure, we do ask each other carefully, shellshocked. Half is preparing, me not yet. There is a former sludgefield under the main ringway we can be at for 2 years. It comes out like 100m2 each for half of us, after mandatory firecorridors, Ecotoilets, campsite-like. But main thing is, it gives an legal adress, the main problem outside costly buying or renting, no adress--> no bank, pasport problem, tax problem etc. So, we will have to make the best of it, try to collectively buy or rent the place, make a plan to set up a regelluwe (in the lee of the ruling wind) eco-zone, somewhere were we can also have the house-boat people and the ateliers and workshops (for income).

I'm sorry to hear that you are all having to relocate, cope. Hopefully, you can keep talking with the others and as you said maybe buy or rent that place together, so that you all can move together. Take good care! :hug2:

I've always thought, that the houseboat option was an interesting proposition and a good source of mobility.

Though berths can be expensive within Amsterdam's center.

I've always thought, that the houseboat option was an interesting proposition and a good source of mobility.

Our boat-people made an artists impression of a proposal for a more longterm setup. The boats are the ones pictured and all historical.
The garden would be on styrofoam islands. Anchoring with poles they can organise themselves.
a_006.jpeg

The plan is to play snowballs, go sledding, make a snowman and enjoy winter fairytale )

Hi NataliaBarton,

Since you are new to the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief introduction about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc. You can read other's introductory posts there to get an idea.

Welcome aboard :-)

Our boat-people made an artists impression of a proposal for a more longterm setup. The boats are the ones pictured and all historical.
The garden would be on styrofoam islands. Anchoring with poles they can organise themselves.

And somebody actually thinks that this set-up will survive the level of storms, winds, disruption that is likely to fall on this planet?

And somebody actually thinks that this set-up will survive the level of storms, winds, disruption that is likely to fall on this planet?

Not to mention freezing cool temperatures and even fairly small Tsunamis which can turn such „ good housing“ into a nightmare quickly.

Not to mention freezing cool temperatures and even fairly small Tsunamis which can turn such „ good housing“ into a nightmare quickly.
I think this guy may be onto something:
Lazzarini Design wants to build a city of floating pyramids
waya-pyramid-by-lazzarini-design_dezeen_2364_hero_a-852x479.jpg

The shape of pyramids are very structurally sound and can withstand great pressures. A purpose built floating pyramid-design would have a evenly-spreaded nicely laid hunkered-down low centre of gravity at the point it meets contact with the water making it difficult to 'roll' and capsize - especially so in relation to its tapering air-draught. Better still, if designed with an effective water-draught below to have similarly shaped an 'inverted pyramid' ("as above so below") to better help the pods stability to 'ride out' the greatest of waves (within some reason of course).
These floating pods could easily be fitted with closing shutters of re-enforced glass or steel to completely encase the floating homes if necessary, creating near-enough an 'air-tight' and very buoyant bubble, when such extreme weather events and tidal surges are to come bearing down.
With current levels of technology (even that which is available in the public sphere) and with the streamlining of cost (if there's a will!) - they shouldn't be too difficult to produce. OSIT.

Back
Top Bottom