Ice Age Preparation ?

Hello Yupo. Thank you for that. You sound in a much better position than a lot of people so we have to be grateful for what we've got. Firewood for heating & cooking will be like hens teeth when the time comes so that's a very good start.

This is very true. Grateful I am indeed. I am extremely fortunate in that I have completed most of my life responsibilities at this point. One child is still in college and I am caring for very elderly parents too. I had a very bad financial setback 12 years ago which forced me to become radically frugal. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to me because those habits served me well. The loss of 'lifestyle' cleared out some useless relationships and cemented some values for me. Anyway, I set up my home some years ago so I could get water from the ground with a hand pump and also heat and cook in one room with wood should that become necessary. My health is generally very good, although I need surgery this month (no insurance, ugh). Doing the Obamacare math, I'm still coming out ahead paying cash for the surgery.

We are in a warm spell right now. I think I'm going to get some more firewood in the garage. Maybe it is on sale.
When I started food prepping on a regular basis, it was by dehydrating leftovers. I found a dehydrator at a yard sale for $5. Still have it and use it. I just quit throwing food away. "Oceans are made of many drops of water." Similarly, old clothes can make wonderful quilts.

For me, Longbow or Recurve, for hunting, and predator protection.

A Longbow may be wonderful when it comes to hunting or in rural areas in general, but if predator protection is to include biped predators I would prefer a simple slingshot. It comes in relatively handy and works silently.
The wooden pellets are for training purposes and to scare folks off, in serious cases steel pellets are needed. Fwiw...

Reactions: Ca.
This is very true. Grateful I am indeed. I am extremely fortunate in that I have completed most of my life responsibilities at this point. One child is still in college and I am caring for very elderly parents too. I had a very bad financial setback 12 years ago which forced me to become radically frugal. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to me because those habits served me well. The loss of 'lifestyle' cleared out some useless relationships and cemented some values for me. Anyway, I set up my home some years ago so I could get water from the ground with a hand pump and also heat and cook in one room with wood should that become necessary. My health is generally very good, although I need surgery this month (no insurance, ugh). Doing the Obamacare math, I'm still coming out ahead paying cash for the surgery.

We are in a warm spell right now. I think I'm going to get some more firewood in the garage. Maybe it is on sale.
When I started food prepping on a regular basis, it was by dehydrating leftovers. I found a dehydrator at a yard sale for $5. Still have it and use it. I just quit throwing food away. "Oceans are made of many drops of water." Similarly, old clothes can make wonderful quilts.

Wow Yupo'
Sorting out relationships (useless) sounds hard but profitable. Your ideas on "make do and mend" are certainly beneficial, financially, anyway. I have never heard of a dehydrator outside of a factory. How does it work and on what kind of food? By the way all the very best with your operation.

Wow Yupo'
Sorting out relationships (useless) sounds hard but profitable. Your ideas on "make do and mend" are certainly beneficial, financially, anyway. I have never heard of a dehydrator outside of a factory. How does it work and on what kind of food? By the way all the very best with your operation.

I would recommend looking for a book at your local library called Putting Food By. Another good inexpensive resource for books is ABEbooks.com. The book details various methods of food preservation and storage. I'm sure there are other good books on the subject.
A food dehydrator blows warmed air through trays of moist foods. If you have one that blows warm enough air, you can make jerky. There is stuff available at every price point, including DIY. The food is then shelf stable. No waste.
You can dry grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, meats, soups, etc. I frequently use mine to make chips out of sliced squash and zucchini.
Method: Make 1/4" transverse slices of these squashes, then blanch briefly in salted water. Arrange slices on non-stick dehydrator trays and dry until crispy. Seal in airtight jars right away. They will be thin, crispy and salty like potato chips. Yum.

Another thing is maybe hang on to all those good jars you paid for when you bought your food! They are still useful for storage. Some of them (like Classico brand) take standard canning lids.

Well, I can see where Woodsman got his "Cassiopaeans are anti-gun" stance because I was under the same impression. I thought it was because Laura's gentle, giving nature had her emotionally invested in getting a pacifist answer, but it wasn't a big enough deal that I was going to make an issue out of it. I've had guns, and I have no moral qualms about shooting people from the SJW crowd if they want to come and loot my property because white privilege, and then shooting them again just to make sure they're dead. I also understand what Woodsman says about there being a certain darkness around the gun culture; guys believe it makes them powerful and makes them a man, puffing up their egos, when it's really just a tool and not a very good one at that. One must be mindful not to become a tool of the tool. Then there was a bunch of stuff on SOTT about peaceful revolution, and in a perfect world the gendarmes or whatever would turn against their masters in the interests of freedom and equality, but that sounds a bit too idealistic for this world. When the elite have drones, psychopathic soldiers with access to just about every weapon imaginable, globalist mercenaries, and soon to be terminator robots, does anyone really think a bunch of people holding signs and blocking roads have any meaning whatsoever? The elite must be holding back on it because the programming is not quite complete enough that they can just massacre people and maintain the minimal amount of approval needed to keep the regime in power, but I think they're getting close. After the Caesar session, I think the position was modulated somewhat to a more realistic "killing is sometimes acting in favor of one's destiny." Also, the point was legitimately raised on SOTT that using guns against the government is a risky proposition, because they always have bigger and better guns than you, which is quite reasonable. So for me guns are more for dealing with thugs and/or when your back is really against the wall. Anyway, here are my citations.
session950902 said:
Q: (L) I have a paper here that talks about the Grays and says that they have two brains: an anterior brain and a posterior brain; and that if you shoot one - this is what it says, I am not suggesting that I want to shoot anybody - that if you shoot one, and only shoot one part of the brain, that it does not die; that you have to shoot it in a special way and get both brains in order to kill one. Is this a correct concept?
A: Well, it is rather puzzling. Brings up a lot of questions. One question that comes to mind is: why would one seek to shoot anything.
Q: (L) Well, I didn't suggest that I wished to, this is just what this paper says here.
A: The physical description is accurate in terms one variety of what is referred to as the Grays. It does have an anterior brain. However, this is secondary to all other issues. And, also we would suggest that it would not be advisable to seek to cause physical harm to any particular species. Therefore, it may be advisable to disregard the information contained in the work that you are describing.
session010924 said:
Q: (L) Should we buy a gun to have on hand in the house?
A: No.
Q: (L) Settled that. I didn't want one anyway. But you just never know. I mean I don't even like shooting. Yucky So what else do you need to know? Oh, did our creating a little whirlpool in the swimming pool cause the rain.
session011219 said:
(L) We want to know if it is an advisable thing for us to obtain a self defense object such as a gun?
A: Not necessary as neither of you could use it anyway.
Q: (B) How about a zapper? (L) Yeah, how about a cattle prod?
A: Maybe. Or pepper spray.
Q: (L) Are we in any kind of physical danger? (A) Always
A: Yes but knowledge protects.
Q: (L) I mean could you shoot somebody? (A) You mean with a gun? No. (L) I couldn't either, I mean it would be just like what would we do, wave it around? I mean if we had one of those that when you shoot it a little flag comes out and says Bang! (laughter). (A) No in fact you see we are not, it would be so easy to provoke us to use it and then we would not recover. (L) Yeah. It would kill us.
I'm really not that much for guns either, and don't take much pleasure in thinking about circumstances where I might have to use one. I think this ties into this little quote from Ra that I've mentioned before.
session810216 said:
25.4 Questioner: Thank you. [We] shall now continue with the material from yesterday. You stated that about 3,000 years ago the Orion group left due to Diaspora. Was the Confederation then able to make any progress after the Orion group left?

Ra: I am Ra. For many of your centuries, both the Confederation and the Orion Confederation busied themselves with each other upon planes above your own, shall we say, planes in time/space whereby machinations were conceived and the armor of light girded on. Battles have been and are continuing to be fought upon these levels.

Upon the Earth plane, energies had been set in motion which did not cause a great deal of call. There were isolated instances of callings, one such taking place beginning approximately two six zero zero [2,600] of your years in the past in what you would call Greece at this time and resulting in writings and understandings of some facets of the Law of One. We especially note the one known as Thales and the one known as Heraclitus, those being of the philosopher career, as you may call it, teaching their students. We also point out the understandings of the one known as Pericles.

At this time there was a limited amount of visionary information which the Confederation was allowed to telepathically impress. However, for the most part, during this time empires died and rose according to the attitudes and energies set in motion long ago, not resulting in strong polarization but rather in that mixture of the positive and the warlike or negative which has been characteristic of this final minor cycle of your beingness.

25.5 Questioner: You spoke of an Orion Confederation and a battle being fought between the Confederation and the Orion Confederation. Is it possible to convey any concept of how this battle is fought?

Ra: I am Ra. Picture, if you will, your mind. Picture it then in total unity with all other minds of your society. You are then single-minded and that which is a weak electrical charge in your physical illusion is now an enormously powerful machine whereby thoughts may be projected as things.

In this endeavor the Orion group charges or attacks the Confederation arms with light. The result, a stand-off, as you would call it, both energies being somewhat depleted by this and needing to regroup; the negative depleted through failure to manipulate, the positive depleted through failure to accept that which is given.

25.6 Questioner: Could you amplify the meaning of what you said by “failure to accept that which is given?”

Ra: I am Ra. At the level of time/space at which this takes place in the form of what you may call thought-war, the most accepting and loving energy would be to so love those who wished to manipulate that those entities were surrounded, engulfed, and transformed by positive energies.

This, however, being a battle of equals, the Confederation is aware that it cannot, on equal footing, allow itself to be manipulated in order to remain purely positive, for then though pure it would not be of any consequence, having been placed by the so-called powers of darkness under the heel, as you may say.

It is thus that those who deal with this thought-war must be defensive rather than accepting in order to preserve their usefulness in service to others. Thusly, they cannot accept fully what the Orion Confederation wishes to give, that being enslavement. Thusly, some polarity is lost due to this friction and both sides, if you will, must then regroup.

It has not been fruitful for either side. The only consequence which has been helpful is a balancing of the energies available to this planet so that these energies have less necessity to be balanced in this space/time, thus lessening the chances of planetary annihilation.

25.7 Questioner: Very important point, I believe. Does a portion of the Confederation then engage in this thought battle? What percentage engages?

Ra: I am Ra. This is the most difficult work of the Confederation. Only four planetary entities at any one time are asked to partake in this conflict.

25.8 Questioner: What density are these four planetary entities?

Ra: I am Ra. These entities are of the density of love, numbering four.
So it's a very unenviable situation to consider, but I have a feeling that the proper application of force, which would seem entirely antithetical to STO on the surface, is going to be one of the questions on the 4D entrance exam.

That'd be me.

For some reason I remember a longer conversation where a visiting security-minded person was advising on strategy, including the establishment of layers of security and typical VIP protection. The best I could find was indeed from waaaay earlier than the scene my imagination conjured up.

Session 17 August 2003

Thank-you all for the course correction. I was getting too big for my britches! My apologies to BlackCartouche; your question was 100% valid and I was being a dick.
No worries, man. I've been a dick on this forum sometimes... Figured you were paying off my karmic debt ;-)

Thanks for the link. I do remember that session, but not read it in years so always good to refresh. Is Tom 'Montalk' his actual name? It seems very close to "Montauk" which is also mentioned in the same session.

On a more serious note and back to the point in hand:
The premise of your argument (in this thread) is: Attracting thus resorting to extreme violence is pretty much based on accountability. But the cold hard truth is wicked depraved unspeakable acts are committed against little children. Little children are not accountable.
The only way I can follow on using your line of reasoning would be to have to say: Little children raped and tortured have somehow brought it on themselves karmically prior to incarnation and/or it requested pending destiny profiling upon 5D Contemplation. In which case, to come from an OP perspective... EVERYONE is fair game!

Or... to run with a "buckets of love and light" mantra - which in everyday real terms corresponds "what the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over".

DBZ - I'm sitting in a lot of my own shit at the moment. Bad decisions, failure to act when I should have, not paying attention to my health that allowed some things to get out of control to the detriment of myself and others and I can certainly identify with wanting to check out. The world full of more pain and suffering every day - and sometimes I simply cannot look.

I may not have what it takes to do what some here are doing - but I've come to the conclusion that I can at least be a sign post on the way - the guys that are doing the things that you're looking for? they went that-a-way. Continue learning so that I can be the best sign post that I can be. That and the bits of volunteering work I do at the moment are the ONLY things that gives my life any meaning at all at the moment. Sucks in comparison to my delusions that I started out here with 10ish years ago, and a work in progress, but there you have it. Once I get some things into order, that could very well be different.

Recompense - Even Caesar wanted to do what he did because it might have resulted in a better world. Where do we not expect recompsense? Or is that your point: that everything we do seeks a reward?

The only way I see someone doing "good" without recompense on their mind would be someone who is lobotomized and does not have a clue of cause and effect. Anyone who has done something for good has done it for a reason. Why else would you do it?

Why did you publish The Wave and many other great books, but to help change things? Had you had no recompense, you would publish them for what, "fun" or "fiction"?

I still don't get it, and yes, it pisses me off.

I'm kind of reminded of that line from V for Vendetta: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

Caesar died over 2060 years ago, and despite his powerful detractors wanting to obliterate both him as a man and his ideas and intentions - here we are talking about him and exploring those ideas and taking some good out of them. I don't know if there's any recompense in that for Caesar, I don't think he'd be giving recompense much thought. In fact, his most often cited quote from the C's session indicates that he found fault in his approach and that perhaps he'd do differently next time if he got another shot at it - I think he means that he couldn't change the world - that the world needs to be the way that it is so that we can grow - according to our own nature and without fear - and assist others with the same.

In like manner, maybe another 2000 years down the track there will be a bunch of seekers reconstructing the work that is being done here, maybe the books that have been written here will be the rare finds that help them piece together what they need to know to deal with the circumstances that they find themselves in - and as much of any of us can support the work that is done here, that gives me hope that future generations will be able to find their way out.

As far as preparing for catastrophe, that's kind of difficult. What will it be? Earthquake, volcanic eruption, snow and ice, flood, cometary bombardment? Do I buy a yacht and learn how to sail or do I learn how to build igloos or build underground shelters? Best that I can gather is that I can't know any of that - all I can really do for certain is learn how to survive the aftermath of any one of those if I do survive - the basic survival skills.

So it's a very unenviable situation to consider, but I have a feeling that the proper application of force, which would seem entirely antithetical to STO on the surface, is going to be one of the questions on the 4D entrance exam.

That kind of makes sense to me. If 'wise as serpents, gentle as doves' is taken into account - what counts as gentle or not is really up to the perception or sensitivity of the receiver. Communication with some requires lots of bluntness and forthrightness, others that approach will shut them down. So I guess that means not using any more energy than necessary.

I think it also means having a firm grasp on well defined goals and aims and the methods and nature of attack so that it's very apparent when those goals and aims need defensive protection. Kind of like Jordan Petersons definition of 'meek' - having a sword, knowing how to use it but also knowing when not to use it or choosing not to.

Edited to add:
So I wonder, if both angles are taken into account, that you can't actually kill them, but you can do everything within your power to exhaust them so that they back off?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yas
Instinctively... where is the choice there? I get it- I've been there and many of us have.
But honestly, it's a split second decision that IMO disregards other issues.

Is it really STO to risk your life to jump in there and save ONE person, even if you might die and cause more harm for your family, friends, and community?
If that is the case, it's not STO at all... it's a calculated risk. If the possibility of succeeding is good enough, most of us would jump.
Otherwise, we would decide to try to find other solutions- like to go find a rope.

I WOULD jump into the river to save the kid because I feel that I CAN save the kid- because I can swim.
If someone who cannot swim well chooses to jump in and cause more problems by later needing to save 2 people instead of 1, is that STO? If you look at it from a "higher perspective" it very well may be STS, because it's a subjective need that overrides the truth of the situation. Wishful thinking is thinking that you can do something even if it is not doable... like in that case of not being a good swimmer: blind optimism.

So you're on a nitpicking shtick now? If you see a person drowning in a river, you jump in when you make VERY quick assessment of the situation. There is NO thought for 'reward'.

That's the truth! I've had the same experience.

Some would call that the 'Mandela effect'. Others, like you, would say that human beings don't have very good memories, mainly because we selectively read and view things all the time. It's strange how few people are willing to accept this pretty self-evident fact.

So you're on a nitpicking shtick now? If you see a person drowning in a river, you jump in when you make VERY quick assessment of the situation. There is NO thought for 'reward'.
And you disprove your own point and original situation mentioning INSTINCT, that it is something that one does consciously. Instinct does not equal sacrifice. If you made the bad split second decision and your family suffered for it, would you be as holy?

It's still a calculation done by instinct. In fact, because it is instinct, the reward is easier- the LOW PATH of the brain takes over. Remember that part of the wave?

Very good work, Neil!

Seems like you've unearthed some valuable quotes and just when I thought I've learned that the Universe was demanding some "shoot-to-kill policy" to make a stand, and prove yourself worthy of making it to a higher density, up you came with some contradicting information.

Apart from not wanting to polarize to STS by killing and expecting to be inducted into 4-D as a reward, I realize that my main concern is to be at peace with my conscience. Being haunted by your conscience must be hell on earth.

But then again we're talking about self-defense, not random killing. There may come a situation, a situation like no other before, when we have to defend ourselves and our fellow beings against pure evil and I'm going to have to ask myself what my conscience would ask of me then.

I have a sneaking feeling that I was conditioned to be very peaceful. My stance would be like: Be peaceful toward the world and the world will be peaceful towards you. Well, will it?

@DBZ Joe never mentioned INSTINCT... You made that up all on your own, therefore disproving your own point and hopefully causing you to take a long look in the mirror and wonder how many thinking errors you're having. And how much conflict you're creating in yourself due to this, can't be good for you or those around you.

Now your first urge may be to try to argue that seeing someone drown and jumping in to save them is instinct. But instead why not stop, actually consider what others are trying to tell you, and work on being more critical with yourself. Take your thoughts apart and put them back together. It is very useful to approach things with the mind of a beginner, me thinks. Then you may see that many people don't take action when someone else is in danger, especially in groups, they just wait till someone else does. So were is this instinct then?
As I understand it instinct is when a ball comes flying at you and as you see it you flintch or freeze or cover your head. No thinking necessary.

I have a sneaking feeling that I was conditioned to be very peaceful. My stance would be like: Be peaceful toward the world and the world will be peaceful towards you. Well, will it?

Thanks for this. I've always been taught to be respectful of life by my loving family and extended family.

However, we grew up in an area that has had it's share of crime on and off through the decades. I never thought to need a gun despite that, but it brought out the issue that I brought here originally.

I understand that in my area, a lot of crime is due to poverty of the neighboring areas. Maybe I am a minority with this, but be honest- how many of you are in close - high population density areas where crime happens because of the unbalanced economy? It's easy to sit on some rural property in another country or state and act like people don't do bad things when they are desperate!

As much as my family wanted to be peaceful and harvest this infinite sum idea of life, the fact is that life is zero-sum if not by the psychopathic economy alone. It's naive to think that in an environment of restricted food, people will be as civil as they are today. It's naive to think that this crime is a result of some "EVIL". No, it's basic nature- whether it be in the animal kingdom or humanity.

So the point that I brought up and you bring up has mixed replies. It's easy to sit in some rural space, never having to had to go through a bad economy and expect that one wouldn't have to shoot many to survive. It's easy to label someone as one who gives up easily when they haven't been through hard times. It's easy to assume that one is smarter to survive and there's some kind of infinite sum game that will help them make their food stockpiles enough to last years if not months.

I'm tired of these lies. None of it are from people who know how it is to live in such situations. If any of you lived through civil wars and other horrible conditions, then I will listen. But I sure as hell don't trust a judgement from someone who thinks wealth and growth are related to receivership capability. I wouldn't trust someone who thinks they are doing things for truth without expectation of making things better. I wouldn't trust someone who is focused on karma as some benchmark, without realizing that we induce huge "supposed karma" by being carnivores. Pfft. I think my faith is waning because the idealism is showing itself to be lies.

@DBZ Joe never mentioned INSTINCT... You made that up all on your own, therefore disproving your own point and hopefully causing you to take a long look in the mirror and wonder how many thinking errors you're having. And how much conflict you're creating in yourself due to this, can't be good for you or those around you.

Now your first urge may be to try to argue that seeing someone drown and jumping in to save them is instinct. But instead why not stop, actually consider what others are trying to tell you, and work on being more critical with yourself. Take your thoughts apart and put them back together. It is very useful to approach things with the mind of a beginner, me thinks. Then you may see that many people don't take action when someone else is in danger, especially in groups, they just wait till someone else does. So were is this instinct then?
As I understand it instinct is when a ball comes flying at you and as you see it you flintch or freeze or cover your head. No thinking necessary.
So when you see, for example, a child fall into a river and you instinctively and automatically jump in and pull them out, where is the thought of personal reward?

Are you serious? I made it up? READ THE POST.

Joe brought this up to explain why Laura wrote the many great works she did. I feel she did them for a purpose, even if they were not probable. Every living being DOES for a result. But Joe tried to make it seem like anyone who expects must be selfish etc. No, It's human as much as Caesar did what he did to make things better.

This STO worship is the problem.... it brings about a religiosity to things that is neither rational nor realistic.

I think worrying about what may or may not happen is a waste of energy. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. I only mention this as I think this thread might be derailing a bit, IMHO.

Also, if you are going to use information that has been provided in readings or posts, it is customary to quote it. I'm not a moderator or anything, just makes for good practice.

Just my two cents. Sorry if I add to or create any noise.

Back
Top Bottom