Doesn't Laura want a wikipedia page?

Hello there.
I was just wondering, as it doesn't exist (no history neither, so, there was no tentative of doing it neither).
But Ark, has a page in polish, but, in french, there is discussion on it which led to the suppression of the page because there was not enough references of his "notoriety" they said (in order to have the power to vote on this, you must have a minimum of 50 wrote articles).
Well, that's all.
C U

Hi SunEterna,

I am not sure why you'd think that having a Wikipedia page would be of any help to others. The reason I'm questioning your idea, though I'm sure it's well-intentioned, is that Wikipedia is generally a highly-policed and monitored information source. I cringe to think of what the editors might do once a page with Laura's bio on it gets a certain number of hits. I don't think it's wise, but then, I don't really know much about it to say whether creating a page there would be useful. Who knows, it might help link people to Laura's material, SoTT and the forum. I think Laura would be in the best position to decide on something like this, though.

Yeah, you're right. It's almost like being invited on TV (so, not a 'real' valorizing thing).

So, the reason why they say his page is not accepted, on the discussion about his page, is that is doesn't fit the "general criteria of notoriety" of science personalities, which are:

1. having received a nationally or internationally recognized scientific award, such as a Nobel Prize, a CNRS gold (or even silver) medal, a Fields medal or another similarly recognized distinction
2.be considered as a reference author in the field in question
3.be considered as the author of a widely disseminated theory

For the point 1, it think it is bullshit (Obama has one) and for the 2 and the 3, what to say?

Considering all the trouble Rupert Sheldrake has had with his Wikipedia page, I hardly think it’s worth the effort. Some numskull editor will just keep editing Laura’s page and work to discredit her. Mind you, it was all the nasty ‘it’s a cult, Laura & co. are sooo bad’ websites that brought me here in the first place! So if that chance to get a Wikipedia page ever arises... :cool2:

Considering all the trouble Rupert Sheldrake has had with his Wikipedia page, I hardly think it’s worth the effort. Some numskull editor will just keep editing Laura’s page and work to discredit her. Mind you, it was all the nasty ‘it’s a cult, Laura & co. are sooo bad’ websites that brought me here in the first place! So if that chance to get a Wikipedia page ever arises... :cool2:
Yeah same here, those defamers were the most nasty bunch but they told me in no uncertain terms that Laura was really on to something, and their antics only convinced me that I found what I was looking for, a community of truth-seeking wanderers!

Right. It's like talking about certain concepts to your parents, if they are not open, i can not 'reach' them. Society is programmed in such a way that it discredits what goes against her reality, so, yes, no need to have a Wikipedia page to fully expand oneself.

LOL! South American schools are super creative sometimes. I remember similar projects when I was at school. Basically, you have to pick a researcher or a famous character, study their lives and what they teach, and then present him or her in front of the class, impersonating him and her and all. Or it can be a topic instead of a person, and you have to create a final "product", and advertisement for it, etc. (During my years we didn't have video, so we had to record on tapes, or do a presentation in front of the class.)

Those kids were smart and picked Ark! Their explanations are hilarious, because they have no idea of what they are really saying, but they were brave and tried using complicated terms logically. To describe the concept of The Wave, they basically said that a wave is in the sea, and even in a rope! :rotfl:I hope they got an A for their efforts! Who knows? One of them may become a physicist or get to read the Wave. :-D They explain towards the end of the video that they had picked Ark because they were interested in his life, what motivated him, and the subjects he studies. And that in the future they hope to do more thorough research on his work. Sweet! I hope that in the meantime they learn to pronounce his name correctly!

that they had picked Ark because they were interested in his life, what motivated him, and the subjects he studies. And that in the future they hope to do more thorough research on his work. Sweet! I hope that in the meantime they learn to pronounce his name correctly!

It is wonderful to see this happen. This means that more and more people are expanding their perception of reality. Even if these young people barely understand Ark's research, you realize that little by little people are creating a new reality thanks to the knowledge given.

Laura is mentioned with a red link on Thomas French's Wikipedia page which can mean that someone thinks an article should be written about Laura but it could just be the result of the deleted page Joe mentioned. Ark has a Humboldt Prize which as Thomas French mentions in his article, is a rather big thing in Europe.

LOL! South American schools are super creative sometimes. I remember similar projects when I was at school. Basically, you have to pick a researcher or a famous character, study their lives and what they teach, and then present him or her in front of the class, impersonating him and her and all. Or it can be a topic instead of a person, and you have to create a final "product", and advertisement for it, etc. (During my years we didn't have video, so we had to record on tapes, or do a presentation in front of the class.)

Those kids were smart and picked Ark! Their explanations are hilarious, because they have no idea of what they are really saying, but they were brave and tried using complicated terms logically. To describe the concept of The Wave, they basically said that a wave is in the sea, and even in a rope! :rotfl:I hope they got an A for their efforts! Who knows? One of them may become a physicist or get to read the Wave. :-D They explain towards the end of the video that they had picked Ark because they were interested in his life, what motivated him, and the subjects he studies. And that in the future they hope to do more thorough research on his work. Sweet! I hope that in the meantime they learn to pronounce his name correctly!
Hahaha!!
That’s funny! I know! I kept going “huh?” When they kept going “Señor yatsqui...” :P

Back
Top Bottom