Donation tech issue.

neema

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
So I have been trying to donate through the paleochristianity web page but I have been running into errors. Every time I try to donate or setup an account for monthly donations I can't log into my Paypal account within the paleochristianity web page. Gives me an error message. But when I log into Paypal through its own page I have no problems. Anyone else come up with this particular issue?

In general our internet right now is very unreliable. Keeps cutting in and out. We have p2p wi-fi internet, and its from a very small local company. When I say small I mean just two guys actually. So it's a miracle they have this thing going in the first place.

neema said:
So I have been trying to donate through the paleochristianity web page but I have been running into errors. Every time I try to donate or setup an account for monthly donations I can't log into my Paypal account within the paleochristianity web page. Gives me an error message. But when I log into Paypal through its own page I have no problems. Anyone else come up with this particular issue?

In general our internet right now is very unreliable. Keeps cutting in and out. We have p2p wi-fi internet, and its from a very small local company. When I say small I mean just two guys actually. So it's a miracle they have this thing going in the first place.

I'm not seeing this on my end for making a one time donation. What is the error you're getting? Are you trying to do a one time donation or a monthly donation? Have you tried a different web browser? Clearing the cookies and cache on the browser you're using might help as well.

Foxx said:
neema said:

I'm not seeing this on my end for making a one time donation. What is the error you're getting? Are you trying to do a one time donation or a monthly donation? Have you tried a different web browser? Clearing the cookies and cache on the browser you're using might help as well.

Yap. Both. And cleared the caches, tried my mobile phone internet, tablet, even 3G internet. And I’ve reset the Paypal password several times. It's so weird because I’ve donated fine before.

No matter I’m going to try from a completely different location using a different computer.

neema said:
Yap. Both. And cleared the caches, tried my mobile phone internet, tablet, even 3G internet. And I’ve reset the Paypal password several times. It's so weird because I’ve donated fine before.

No matter I’m going to try from a completely different location using a different computer.

That is pretty weird! I'm not sure what the cause would be, then. How are you trying to get to the donation page, and have you tried a different route? Maybe the specific route you're taking has a misconfiguration that's causing the error and I didn't encounter it because I didn't take the same route. I used the donate button at the top of the forum and this link:

http://paleochristianity.org/support-the-fellowship/

neema said:
An error occurred during processing. Please try again.

Ah, my favorite error message! "An error occurred, but don't even bother trying to figure out what caused it because there are absolutely no clues to go on".

Foxx said:
neema said:

That is pretty weird! I'm not sure what the cause would be, then. How are you trying to get to the donation page, and have you tried a different route? Maybe the specific route you're taking has a misconfiguration that's causing the error and I didn't encounter it because I didn't take the same route. I used the donate button at the top of the forum and this link:

http://paleochristianity.org/support-the-fellowship/

neema said:
An error occurred during processing. Please try again.

Ah, my favorite error message! "An error occurred, but don't even bother trying to figure out what caused it because there are absolutely no clues to go on".

lol. ya this type of an error message is a duesy.

Well, that's weird. We are getting other donations okay via PayPal, and nobody else has complained yet.

You've already tried everything I would suggest to troubleshoot it, so frankly, I'm stumped!

Pashalis said:
Have you tried to donate via SOTT?

Ya tried via SOTT, same thing. I think its something with paypal. I'm going to ask D to see if she can donate with her paypal account.

Mr. Scott said:
Well, that's weird. We are getting other donations okay via PayPal, and nobody else has complained yet.

You've already tried everything I would suggest to troubleshoot it, so frankly, I'm stumped!

Maybe its just my account.

Damn technology, the more we rely on it, the more it's unreliable. ;)

Process of elimination:

Go to a public library that has Internet, and try again via paleochristianity web page.
If this works, it might be your ISP?

Ya it is Paypal. D said she hasn’t used Paypal for donating to sott for a long time. And whenever she donates now, she uses world pay.

Sure enough I just made a subscription to sott through world pay with no problems. I think I have always actually used world pay.

Well there’s another thing I dislike about paypal.

dant said:
Process of elimination:

Go to a public library that has Internet, and try again via paleochristianity web page.
If this works, it might be your ISP?

Ya, that’s something I’m going to do when I get a chance anyway, just to see.

Back
Top Bottom