Dream about dead people

Konstantin

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Last night I have a real nightmare.

I was in a backyard of my best friend from the childhood. (Now, today I am his godfather in real life)
It was a night. There was a party on the second-floor balcony in his house. I entered the backyard. At the gate, I saw his dead mother. She gave me a glass of water and I took it in my hands.

Then I saw his dead father talking with other people. ( I knew his parents very well when they were alive )
Then his sister came to me ( she is alive and about my age ) and asked me who gave you this and she took it from my hands. I turned back to look for her mother, but instead of that, I saw an empty plastic chair near the entry gate where her mother was before.
Leaving an empty chair near the entry door is a Muslim custom when somebody dies. I know this because I have a lot of Muslim neighbors and friends.

Then suddenly a lot of people came into the backyard. Some of them were shaking hands with me and some just passed near me without even noticing me.
Then I realized that people who shake hands with me were people that were all dead in real life. All the people were very happy. It was a great party.

Only dead people could see me. Then I realized that maybe I am also dead. I was not sure.
I looked at other people who were not dead and no one could notice me.

I sat down on a chair with a lot of fear and in despair, I put my head on my hands on the table. I heard a known voice over me. I looked up and it was my mother. I asked her if I am dead and she told me that I am not but there is something else. I asked her what it is but she was just repeating that I am not dead and that it is something else. I knew that she was lying to me and I started panicking.

I woke up screaming and upset. It was 3:20 in the morning. A few minutes later I fall asleep again.

Perhaps it has to do with the death of an old part of you and "the something else" is the new beginning. Your feelings of fear might be related to the fear of something new inside of you and in your life. You might be resisting the birth of that "something new"?

I would hold a meditation seed of acceptance and gratitude before going to bed. It might help to shift the energies around.

I had a dream the night before last about the death of a Jesus Christ figure. A new one was growing and he was being baptized in a big body of water. I don't recall having a dream like that before. Perhaps there are some shifting energies around?

It is complicated. I am christian orthodox. When I had dreams with living and dead people from my family siting at a big table one of my uncles died. May he rest in peace. But that is me. Your mother told you it was something else. I think the ‘else’ is a connection somewhere. What can I say in our tradition when we dream like you did, we go to the church light candles for the dead and the living, say a prayer for the souls, and we give food or clothes if it is requested in the dream. Usualy the request is like the glass of water. I say organise a rememberance gathering with food and drinks and ask a priest to join and bless the food and the drinks and to hold a little sermon there for the souls of the deceased and the living!
You have a connection but you must not be afraid. 😉

Wow!

What a dream! I tend to agree with Gaby, particularly because of the imagery.. the old friends and things as such to me symbolize the “where you come from” and it’s on the brink of dying. Perhaps by conscious effort, but perhaps a part of you is afraid of letting go.

The fact that you noticed that it was a “great party” but you were invisible perhaps says a lot about what you (or a part of you) perceives about letting go of the old? Something like...”if I wasn’t dead I could be having a great time too”. Perhaps it’s that very part that’s dying that feels nostalgia for what it means to move on. But if this is the case then keep in mind that in order to move forward there’s always something that must be left behind, and there’s a reason it’s described as a sacrifice, it’s painful and difficult and scary to do so.

Another thing I thought of while reading it may be that it’s something else altogether, an insecurity or fear of connection as described in the book Healing developmental Trauma, namely you’re afraid of connection but at the same time you dread being left alone and disconnected. Perhaps?

Just a few thoughts, it sounds like a scary experience nonetheless.

When I dream about dead people, and it happens once in a while, I really think that the spirits of the dead people are visiting my dream, or me I visiting their spirits. Their spirit, their essence, what they were that when they were alive I did not see or refuse to see. and in my dream we are together and I am not afraid of them. It is true that your nightmare is very strong because of your fear? But dead people in your dream were happy, maybe they didn't know that they were dead after all, it happens.

Dead people are always telling us that we are alive, that's the message they are giving us.

Thanks to share with us your nightmare. Very interesting.

Thank you for your thoughts. I think its something about the change, I have to leave my old "me" behind and start something new. The old part must die in order for new to be born. And there comes my fear from that perhaps that is playing a big role in all that.

I hope that things will get much clearer soon.

I find your dream very interesting to say the least, the kind of dream that one won´t forget until its secret message has been unravelled.

To me the first idea that comes to mind is a kind of deep seated sadness and hopelessness striving for getting your awareness and more participation thereof around the emotional aspect of your life. I understand the deads in your dream more as a major feature of your subconscious mind claiming for your attention than literally speaking. The water (as life force) offered by the dead (subconscious, unsufficiently explored)) mother (feminine qualities aspects, unattended so far) of your best friend (you, or the best of yourself) could be one explanation depending on the level you´re exploring the dream. So that when you drink the glass of water, you´re fully connected to your life force again, but it´s up to you to find your way through the unconscious mind.

I´d also suggest the last part of your dream where you know your mother is lying to you, i.e. you know you´re already dead, might probably refer to the parts of you being already aware of your lies, which in turn are certainly arising from repressed feelings with all their memories and mechanic pathways they recreate in mind and body over and over.

I also have these kind of dreams from time to time and I know they are always trying to convey something very important because of their heavy emotional loads, and in my case I can be sure that emotional attachments mainly due to fear and lack of resiliency are hiding themselves right in the next corner of my mind.

One more thing about the reaction you had at the end when coming down under the full impact of the truth of your inability to accept your death, or to begin with, the death of our protective defenses, is that there was nowhere to hide yourself like during our daily life. In a sense, you did metabolyze a certain amount of energy lost in despair, or whatever suits better in your case, something that should be done ideally during our waking hours.

Thanks for this report, Konstantin, was this a tough dream man!

Back
Top Bottom