Dream: "Ask for what you need"

Benjamin

The Living Force
Years ago (1998-ish? I don't really remember) I had a dream where I was climbing up a spiral staircase. The stairs and walls were made of stone. There were no windows nor any light-source at all that I was aware of, but the ambient light was well-lit and warm. As I continued, having no idea how long I would be climbing nor even what was "up there", I came up to a small landing with an heavy, wood door a bit sunken into the wall on the right. There was a woman standing in front of the door. I greeted her with a look but she just looked at me and I thought she seemed troubled (?). I was just passing by, however, and didn't stop. I just continued on my way up to wherever, but I looked back as I thought it was strange the way she looked at me. I finally stopped at maybe 6 or 7 steps passed and looked down the stairs at her still standing at on the landing. I think I was going to ask her something (if she was ok?) but never got the chance as she became agitated as if she was going to burst into tears. But instead she let out a big, quick sigh, ran up the stairs straight at me, and threw her arms around me as she slammed into me in a big, huge hug. At the same time I put my arms around her, I felt a warm "peace" in my chest that "remedied" a "discontented" feeling I didn't even know I had! I was feeling quite relaxed when a male voice spoke clearly in my head saying, "Ask for what you need, (garbled), and it will be provided." The dream faded and I woke up.

I thought it was a very interesting dream but I had a problem with the message being incomplete. I heard the voice say something important that was fairly short but it was all jumbled. Over the years, I may have had an idea of what could've been said but I couldn't be certain.

Well, starting on p.223 of "Stripped to the Bone" Laura starts talking about the left and right hemispheres of the brain and, after walking me through it, states very clearly on p.234: "The problem is anticipation."

I think the message should most likely be completed as: "Ask for what you need, without anticipation, and it will be provided."

Cheers!

Last edited:
After thinking about this some more, another point clarified itself (at least a bit more) for me that I thought I understood.

When I think about something, I sometimes use a Q & A technique where I imagine myself in a setting like in front of a crowd or in a court room or parliament or something like that, and just let my mind speak back and forth. In this case, I stayed in the setting of the dream and talked with nobody in particular and, in this case, the Q & A was very quick and went something like:

I focused my attention on the door and wondered what was behind it.
A: "Impossible to know."
Q: "Why?
A: "Possible future."

And right there I realized that it was pointless to wonder what was behind the door. Since I didn't walk through it I couldn't know what was there- a garden of eden or a brick wall for all I know- and it wasn't going to help me to imagine what was behind the door because that breaks the superposition and "rapes the women at the spring." This whole thing is like a "how to be a STO candidate" illustration!

I've been reading "Through a Glass Darkly". Laura quotes Boris Mouravieff as he talks about "climbing the staircase", "spirals", and "reaching the second landing". Thanks to Laura for her 'translations' on that section. I would have had trouble with it otherwise. Just letting you know it was a very interesting and revealing read.

Back
Top Bottom