Dreaming of global situations?

Zar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I've had two dreams, as far as I can tell, that I think may not have to do with me but with the global situation. I'm not sure if I'm correct in my interpretations, and I don't think they provide much value, but it may be an interesting development. I'm opening this thread for others to also post dreams they find are not subjective but speak of things on a larger scale so we can interpret them.

The first one I had was on the morning of the recent US strike on syria over the chemical weapons lie;

Great session everyone. Even though we have front row seats to the madness it's almost unbelievable, especially what the US is resorting to with their Russian Gene Bomb. Absolute madness. This kinda reminds me of my dream.

It may be completely unrelated but I had an incredibly vivid dream on Friday night were I was with family/close friends when someone indicated that something was coming from the direction of the sun. When I looked up I saw this dot grow bigger and began to cover the sun. My first thought was that it was a UFO, but as it got closer I realized that it was a massive meteor(the size of a small town). It flew right past our head and headed to 1/8 rotation of the earth away(south I think, making it land in the US since I was in squamish in the dream). Upon landing it created this massive wave of dust that was toxic that basically spread itself across the whole world. Before it got to me I grabbed my family/friends and rushed into our home and locked the door.

I have on idea what this dream means so it may just be something else, but thanks for the session and looking forward to reading up on genes.

The second I had this morning was also pretty vivid, and after I listened to the Behind the Headlines show on "Western order break-up? New MIddle East? New Korea?" I think this new one may also have to do with the global situation. I could very well be wrong but here is the dream I had.

I was sitting in an auditorium watching a game and as I got up I realized that someone had stolen my futuristic gun from my pouch. I turned and saw that there were these people dressed in bright yellow outfits who were robbing everyone and no one seemed to notice them. I realized that I had dropped my vigilance and allowed this to happen but justice needed to be served and I wasn't an average walk in the park. I knew that they were the perpetrators, so I confroted a couple of them and they ran off. I ran after them and caught up in the hall outside the auditorium and saw that they had recruited some of their other gang members. These bright-yellow suited gang-members had been robbing many people and seemed to be above the law because of the power they had in numbers and their devious methods. I looked at them and asked them to return my gun back, and they laughed at me. One took out a knife and told me "what are you going to do about it". At that moment I realized that things were about to get very ugly and I was going to have to hurt them.

They did not realize that I had in me the power of an ancient vampire that had traversed a millennia and no way were a couple of lowly humans going to take my favorite gun(I wasn't a vampire but it was like I summoned that part of me, like my darkness). I told them I did not want to hurt them but it would be in their best interested to return my gun. Then of course they followed their only narrative they knew and attacked me in a group. Of course knowing what I was capable of as a vampire I moved at lightning speed and grabbed the guy with the knife by the throat, easily lifted him agaist a wall and broke his neck with the twist of my wrist. Then I went to work on the others, breaking legs, arms, and sending them flying. They stabbed, punched, and kicked me but I only became more aggressive. After I took care of most of them they realized the horror they had unleashed and tried running, but with my speed I easily confronted them and asked them to give me back what they stole. They then started giving me all the guns they had stolen in fear since they did not know which was mine until their female leader walked in and saw the bodies all over the floor. She was in shock and did not need convincing of what she was dealing with, she darted behind a wall, came back and handed me my gun. I looked around me and felt sorrow for what I was forced to do but knew I was not in the wrong. I looked at her and asked her if this is what she wanted. Then I woke up.

This may be subjective, but it seems like most of these symbols can be attributed to the current global situation. Like Putin admitting his biggest mistake was to trust the US and his current superior military might = me dropping my vigilance and the knowledge of my vampire power. The bright yellow outfits could be the obvious anglo-american pillaging over the world yet no one seemed to noticed. The fight could be the re-balancing of power and the potential nonsensical narrative that the PTB keep running despite it failing, which will only get worse. The vampire part I was thinking about Jordan Petterson's interpretation of our shadow self and how it's best for us to accept our monsters and tame them.

Thoughts?

Wow, that was some dream, Zar! OK, so if you don't mind, I'll share my initial thoughts about the significance or meaning of the dream, although it's subjective and open to interpretation, so take all that I say with a grain of salt. I think the vampire represents, like you said, the shadow or darker aspects of our selves and psyche's that manifested in what was a violent and bloody battle with the soldiers in the yellow suits. It was as if because they threatened you, it sort of activated this aspect of your psyche that came to the surface in response to that and went, for lack of a better word, full-tilt boogie on them.

I couldn't help wonder if maybe you are separating yourself from those aspects of your personality? Because rather than it being representative of the global situation, it seemed more like processing things that were coming up from your subconscious. I've had dreams before in the past where I was a vampire trying to be a good guy, fighting against other vampires and monsters, and when I connected it to what was going on in my life at the time, it was as if these dreams were showing me things about myself that I had trouble acknowledging or accepting about myself.

However, as Jordan Peterson points out, we all have the capacity for terrible things if we aren't conscious of ourselves. And what I love about Peterson, is that he obviously has worked towards integrating and channeling his own aggression and anger into a force for good.

It also reminded me of this quote about a Samurai and Zen master from In An Unspoken Voice.

Hopefully this helps.

A young brash samurai swordsman confronted a venerated Zen master with the following demand: "I want you to tell me the truth about the existence of heaven and hell".

The master replied gently and with delicate curiosity , "How is it that such an ugly and untalented man as you can become a samurai?"
Immediately, the wrathful young samurai pulled out his sword and raised it above his head, ready to strike the old man and cut him in half. Without fear and in complete calm, the Zen master gazed upwards and spoke softly : "This is hell". The samurai paused, sword held above his head. His arms fell like leaves to his side, while his face softened from its angry glare. He quietly reflected. Placing his sword back into its sheath, he bowed to the teacher in reverence. "And this,", the master replied again with equal calm, "is heaven".

The ability to contain and process extreme emotional states is one of the linchpins both of effective, truly dynamical trauma therapy and of living a vital robust life. We can be driven insane by rage, paralyzed by fear and drowned by sorrow. Once triggered, these violent emotions can take over our existence. Rather than feeling our emotions, we become them; we are swallowed up by these emotions. This can be quite a dilemma because being informed by our emotions, not domineered by them, is crucial in directing our lives.

In the story of the Zen master and the samurai, one could speculate on what unconscious thoughts and images were stirred when the master provoked the swordsman's ire. Perhaps the samurai was startled and at first even agreed with the characterization that he was ugly and untalented. This strong reaction to this insult (we might hypothesize) derived from his parents, teachers and others who humiliated him as a child. Perhaps he had a mental picture of being shamed in front of his classmates. And then the micro-fleeting "counter thought" - that no one would dare to call him that again and make him feel small and worthless. This thought and the associated (internal) picture, coupled with a momentary physical sensation of startle, triggered the rage that led him down the compulsive, driven road to perdition. That was, at least, until his "Zen therapist", precisely at the peak of his rage =, kept him from habitually expressing this "protective emotion" (really a defense against his feelings of smallness and helplessness) and forced him to the ownership of his real power and peaceful surrender.

With the Zen master's critical intervention, the samurai held back and felt the preparation to strike with his sword. In this highly charged state he paused and was able to restrain and transmute his violent rage into intense energy and a state of clarity, gratefulness, presence and grace. It is the ability to hold back, restrain and contain a powerful emotion that allows a person to creatively channel that energy.

The uncoupling of sensation from image and thought is what diffuses the highly charged emotions and allows them to transform fluidly into sensation-based gradations of feelings. This is not at all the same as suppressing or repressing them

Last edited:
I couldn't help wonder if maybe you are separating yourself from those aspects of your personality? Because rather than it being representative of the global situation, it seemed more like processing things that were coming up from your subconscious. I've had dreams before in the past where I was a vampire trying to be a good guy, fighting against other vampires and monsters, and when I connected it to what was going on in my life at the time, it was as if these dreams were showing me things about myself that I had trouble acknowledging or accepting about myself.

Thanks for the reply Turgon. I am aware that this part of my personally had been blocked for most of my life but with NO is has integrated with me and for the past couple of months I've become very aware of it, but I did not understand the significance of the rest of the dream. Usually I"m able to pinpoint what my dreams are about kind of accurately(I think) but with these two dreams the meaning was lost to me. Not to say that the dream isn't about me because I don't understand it. But considering that one happened at the same time as the Syrian bombing and the other... well maybe there isn't any significance for the second one at this time now that I think about it. It just seemed like it fits the profile of the current events but I may have jumped the gun.

If it were about my being then(guessing here) maybe it could be something like a part of me that I've become aware of, that now looks very obvious, had been weakening/robbing me for a while but now that I've intergrated the shadow part of me I'm able to protect myself from this other part or have crippled this part/put it in place? or something like that.

I think that what is happening in the world help us, in a certain way, to know ourselves a little more, waking up certains emotions like guilty, anger, fear,etc. and confront them in dreams. Dreams are the perfect place where we sometimes act instead of just being a spectator. In hour dreams we can be an avenger, an hero.

Thanks to share your dreams! I think it is a good idea to have this thread because I have the impression we will have more and more dreams or nightmares related with what is happening is this world, now.

Thanks for the reply Turgon. I am aware that this part of my personally had been blocked for most of my life but with NO is has integrated with me and for the past couple of months I've become very aware of it, but I did not understand the significance of the rest of the dream. Usually I"m able to pinpoint what my dreams are about kind of accurately(I think) but with these two dreams the meaning was lost to me. Not to say that the dream isn't about me because I don't understand it. But considering that one happened at the same time as the Syrian bombing and the other... well maybe there isn't any significance for the second one at this time now that I think about it. It just seemed like it fits the profile of the current events but I may have jumped the gun.

If it were about my being then(guessing here) maybe it could be something like a part of me that I've become aware of, that now looks very obvious, had been weakening/robbing me for a while but now that I've intergrated the shadow part of me I'm able to protect myself from this other part or have crippled this part/put it in place? or something like that.

I agree with Turgon here that this dream might be reflection of what is going on right now in your own personal environment maybe both internally and externally. On the other hand I would say it is not mutually exclusive that this dream might also have a connection to what is going on in the world in a broader sense. Considering the rather crazy state of things on the planet at the moment I would say there is a good chance that a lot of dreams have that connection also. But of course there is no sure way of knowing that.

I agree with Turgon and Pashlis, Zar. Since you are having NO sessions, it isn't surprising to have such a strange dream. I've had some pretty bizarre ones myself.

I just wanted to add that there are many symbols in your dream - gun, fighting, the color yellow and woman/female, robbery, etc. Sometimes I use the dream moods dictionary to get some inspiration as to what my subconscious might be trying to tell me when I have dreams like that. Here's the link: Your Online Source For Dream Interpretations

I don't think all of their interpretations are completely accurate, but they may provide some insights to work with. I hope it helps.

Interesting dreams. The first one felt to me like the meteor, (or a metaphor for any type of calamity) was going to cause the end of the United States and no matter if people run and hide away in their homes, they were still going to suffer from the fall out. Why is this so? Well, to me if a society is out of balance then something happens to redress it. For example if Americans seem to overly value possessions, money, status and competitiveness more than they value communal existence, caring for others, and generosity. Then, if something happens to 'redress' this imbalance, the negative 'fall out' is going to happen to Americans collectively. Of course the 'fall out' is not limited to just one area of the globe either. Interesting that this thing 'landed' in the South.

The second dream featured a lot of yellow in terms of clothing, so I did a google look up...

If the dream is a pleasant one, then the color yellow is symbolic of intellect, energy, agility, happiness, harmony, and wisdom. On the other hand, if the dream is an unpleasant one, then the color represents deceit, disgrace, betrayal, cowardice and sickness.

Well, well well! :shock: I was thinking in terms of sickness and people wearing hazmat suits, not that you specifically mentioned hazmat suits. I found the significance of the gun intriguing too. Futuristic, you say. Now, a gun is a weapon but it can be seen as a means of protection as well. I've also seen some 'guns' in science fiction films used to inoculate people. So a 'gun' could means anything. How did you value it, and what was it used for? Did it have any sentimental value and how did you acquire it?

Dreaming of a gun may represent fear, anger or aggression; or may be a symbol of power or control; may also suggest that you feel you need to protect or defend yourself.

I thought it may represent a needle and syringe, but that's just where my head's at now. The yellow clad thugs stealing people's protection, spreading disease and wondering why it all comes back to 'bite' them (via ancient vampire :lol: of course), in the end.

I think that what is happening in the world help us, in a certain way, to know ourselves a little more, waking up certains emotions like guilty, anger, fear,etc. and confront them in dreams. Dreams are the perfect place where we sometimes act instead of just being a spectator. In hour dreams we can be an avenger, an hero.

Thanks to share your dreams! I think it is a good idea to have this thread because I have the impression we will have more and more dreams or nightmares related with what is happening is this world, now.

No problem, I was thinking that as we grow in knowledge of each other, the world, and resolve our blockages we may dream about the world if we see how integrated we are with it. But I'm not really sure what that means, nor am I even close to being there.

Thanks for the link Meg and I would say that I now agree with Phashalis and Ruth that it's about my inner workings.

I just wanted to add that there are many symbols in your dream - gun, fighting, the color yellow and woman/female, robbery, etc.

I think the woman gang leader may show me that this may have been initiated because of the trauma I have due to neglect from my mom(father imposed idea).

Interesting dreams. The first one felt to me like the meteor, (or a metaphor for any type of calamity) was going to cause the end of the United States and no matter if people run and hide away in their homes, they were still going to suffer from the fall out. Why is this so? Well, to me if a society is out of balance then something happens to redress it. For example if Americans seem to overly value possessions, money, status and competitiveness more than they value communal existence, caring for others, and generosity. Then, if something happens to 'redress' this imbalance, the negative 'fall out' is going to happen to Americans collectively. Of course the 'fall out' is not limited to just one area of the globe either. Interesting that this thing 'landed' in the South.
That's kind of how I perceived it as well, though a meteor causes much damage it's a great mechanism to re-balance things. And in the dream the wave of dust covered the entire globe so I would think it affects everyone, assuming we're interpreting this correctly.

The second dream featured a lot of yellow in terms of clothing, so I did a google look up...

Well, well well! :shock: I was thinking in terms of sickness and people wearing hazmat suits, not that you specifically mentioned hazmat suits. I found the significance of the gun intriguing too. Futuristic, you say. Now, a gun is a weapon but it can be seen as a means of protection as well. I've also seen some 'guns' in science fiction films used to inoculate people. So a 'gun' could means anything. How did you value it, and what was it used for? Did it have any sentimental value and how did you acquire it?

I thought it may represent a needle and syringe, but that's just where my head's at now. The yellow clad thugs stealing people's protection, spreading disease and wondering why it all comes back to 'bite' them (via ancient vampire :lol: of course), in the end.

They weren't hazmat suits, more like bright yellow jumpers.
Interesting questions. That gun had much sentimental value, like it was handed down to me and was a very precious gift. Maybe the dream may symbolize me putting a stop to being robbed of protection. My particular trauma(yellow clad gang with the source being my mother) usually made me freeze(stole guns=no protection) when I was in a confrontation, and this came from my mother(female gang leader) but because I've intergrated my monsters (vampire) I was able to take back my protection during a confrontation (fight scene).
That does fit the changes I've noticed since NO and reading HDT.

Back
Top Bottom