Eiriu Eolas in Spain - interested in helping and participating?

Chu

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Hi,

We are trying to organize several EE courses like the one we did in Lille last year. Three may take place in France.

But a few people have also expressed an interest in a course in Barcelona or thereabouts. But, given that we don't live there, we would like to ask our Spanish members :

1. If you would be interested in attending.

2. If you could help us with the distribution of flyers and talking to friends and/or relatives about it.

3. If you could help us find the right room (the surface would depend on the number of attendees, but it would be around 50m2. The location ideally would be in Barcelona itself, but we are open to other locations not too far. And the price, well, as cheap as possible!). We already have a couple of options, but if you know some good places, let us know.

4. Which dates would seem more appropriate considering holidays in Spain. Normally, these courses last 2-4 days, but it can be longer (a week) if there is a demand. Let's say for now that it would be from Friday to Sunday, or Saturday to Monday if possible. If not, just the weekend. Except for April 23rd-Mai 30th, when we have scheduled a course in France, all other dates are open for the time being. It would preferably be after that, so that it gives us enough time to plan it and advertise it with your help.

Oh, and of course, this course would be taught in Spanish (Psyche, Perceval and I).

Thanks, and we hope that you will be able to attend and/or help! EE in Spain would be cool, wouldn't it? :D

I live in Barcelona.
I am able to accommodate a person in my home, or two (if they can share the same bed).

I do know people that are interested in EE.
Need to check if they are interested in this course.
I assume right now 2 friends and me will attend (2 more need to ask to, not sure).

The taxi may be expensive.
If anyone comes with airplane to Barcelona, warn me and I can get you with my car (for free).

A weekend is OK, sure Saturday and Sunday are best days. Friday evening also, but on Monday most people work.
Take care, 15th to 24th April there are a lot of holidays (Semana Santa).

So best dates are:
- to plan in a hurry before 15th April,
- or a good planning after 30th May and take care because 24th-25th-26th June is a special weekend in Barcelona. (Sant Joan).

See you soon.

jordifs said:
I live in Barcelona.
I am able to accommodate a person in my home, or two (if they can share the same bed).

Thank you jordifs! That may not be necessary, but thanks a lot for the offer.

I do know people that are interested in EE.
Need to check if they are interested in this course.
I assume right now 2 friends and me will attend (2 more need to ask to, not sure).

Excellent! Good to know.

The taxi may be expensive.
If anyone comes with airplane to Barcelona, warn me and I can get you with my car (for free).

We will be driving there or taking the train, but thanks again for the offer, as it may help others.

A weekend is OK, sure Saturday and Sunday are best days. Friday evening also, but on Monday most people work.
Take care, 15th to 24th April there are a lot of holidays (Semana Santa).

Yes, that works too, Friday evening and then the weekend.

So best dates are:
- to plan in a hurry before 15th April,
- or a good planning after 30th May and take care because 24th-25th-26th June is a special weekend in Barcelona. (Sant Joan).

Are there any holidays in March, that should be avoided? And do you think it's better to avoid the Summer holidays and definitely plan this for sometime before July?

I believe the best options are March, June.
Except: Saturday 19th March is holiday (according to calendar).
Except: Friday 24th June (as already stated).

About the holidays I'm not sure.
The August is the "terrific month" (nobody here) but I do believe on July most people are near home.

Ailén said:
Please count on me :D

Ailén said:
2. If you could help us with the distribution of flyers and talking to friends and/or relatives about it.

3. If you could help us find the right room (the surface would depend on the number of attendees, but it would be around 50m2. The location ideally would be in Barcelona itself, but we are open to other locations not too far. And the price, well, as cheap as possible!). We already have a couple of options, but if you know some good places, let us know.
Count on me too, once we decide the dates I can look for more room options.

jordifs said:
I believe the best options are March, June.
Except: Saturday 19th March is holiday (according to calendar).
Except: Friday 24th June (as already stated).
I agree, usually good weather and people is working here.

Hi all

Ailén said:

Oh yes, i'll attend. I'll begin to save money right now !

According to my knowledge in my location i'm the only one, but i can ask to several people that may be interested. About the flyers ... :D i use to go out at least once per month to put advertisements about my maths tutoring so i can do both at the same time, and i can speak with people in one library to leave there some copies for customers. And probably i can think about new ways to help in this sense. I live in a city in the south east about 100.000 people living here and the area. Probably i'll travel by train.

I can ask to some friends and may be get some phone number if they know about same place there.

About the dates i agree with comented ones by jordifs

Oh, and of course, this course would be taught in Spanish (Psyche, Perceval and I).

Thanks, and we hope that you will be able to attend and/or help! EE in Spain would be cool, wouldn't it? :D

It could be great!

I'm interested in attending.

My friends and my family are not interested in these issues, but I have a special friend that certainly will be interested in coming with me to this event.

When the dates are clear, I can help publicize the event through Internet.

Where I live I don't know of people or associations dedicated to spiritual issues, but I can think about as get more people come to this event.

I hope that many people join to this adventure.

Great! It looks like we won't have much trouble having enough attendees. That's one thing. :)

Concerning the dates:

Ideally, we would prefer July if you think that Barcelona won't be empty due to the Summer holidays. That would leave more time to prepare, advertise and translate more material.

But the other two options for us are:
Always Friday evening + Saturday and Sunday:
May 27th-29th
June 3rd-5th

March will most likely be taken with EE courses around France, and it doesn't leave much time to prepare.

As to the rooms, it would be great if you could find any information available. Btw, have you heard of the "Macías"? A friend of mine recommended those houses, because apart from the classroom, they also offer accommodation.

Thank you all! Now we have to make it happen.

Usually in Spain summer holidays are in july or august for the most of the people, there is few people that take the holidays in the first half in july but it is very typical take holidays the last half in july and the first half in august, i guess that july is fine but it could be significantly better to take the first half in the month.

Take your time to prepare what you need :D

About the "Macias", if this place can be used as you say i think it's a great idea. I'll ask a friend this evening.

I am also interested in attending. I live 60 km away from Barcelona, but that will not be a problem. At he moment, I am engageg in promoting the EE
on my neighbourhood, Pity is I have little free time to devote to the issue.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Ok, so it's looking more and more likely for July 1st-3rd. But June 3rd-5th is still open.

There is a possibility of getting a room for free 10 mins from Barcelona.:-) But please have a look at rooms in case that doesn't work.

And we have now at least 14 people interested, so it's sure we can cover our costs, which was our main worry as we don't have funds to finance events like this unless enough people attend. That way, we can make it easily affordable for all those who are interested.

We will send you all the flyers and the ad as soon as everything is decided and the schedule determined (probably in about a month time), and you can start distributing them around. Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Ailén i guess that in these flyers and ad you commented we can find information about the subject/s you'll deal with in the course, if this is not the case ... can you share some information here? i'd like to know something defined about it when i speak with people about the EE course (and of course it is interesting to me too).

Thank you

I'm also interested :) but I will wait for you to decide de date, I know 2 friends from Barcelona and I think they would also be interested.
I'll send them an e-mail.

pirataloko said:
Ailén i guess that in these flyers and ad you commented we can find information about the subject/s you'll deal with in the course, if this is not the case ... can you share some information here? i'd like to know something defined about it when i speak with people about the EE course (and of course it is interesting to me too).

Sure. Since it will most likely last for two full days and the Friday evening, the program will roughly be the same as what we did in France (Lille), that is:

- Friday evening: General introduction to EE, the course, and getting to know each other.

- Saturday and Sunday (the whole day): warm-up exercices, EE sessions (one in the morning, and one in the afternoon skipping Beatha), talks on toxicity, diet, health and the science behind the program, and about psychology (emotional release during EE, narcisism in families, and, it the group is open, toxicity-i.e. psychopaths).

There will be time for everyone to share their experience after each EE session, lots of questions and answers, and probably a farewell dinner on Sunday.

You can read more about it here.

jhonny said:
I'm also interested :) but I will wait for you to decide de date, I know 2 friends from Barcelona and I think they would also be interested.
I'll send them an e-mail.

Excellent! The more the merrier :).

It is looking more and more likely for July 1st- 3rd. If nobody is against it, that settles it! We now need to know about the room and accommodation.

This three day course seems to me, and others, too complex.

One inherent cost is that people needs to dedicate 3 days to assist to. Not everybody is going to sacrifice so many "time" in something that they do not know. Some do not speak english (not in contact with sott/cassiopaea). All of them are not members of this forum (not willing to be).
So in essence "time" is a limiting factor, "limits the interests of others" (so to speak).

Another question I received recently is ... ¿how much does it cost?
Money is key.

If people thinks on give it a try, learn something new, dedicate 3 days, and pay a lot ...
It is clear to me that two people are considering to assist depending on the money. And I believe they have different pricing thresholds.

Just to be informative. As soon as a price tag is released, we will be able to confirm which people is willing to come.

At least I will come, no matter the price.

Back
Top Bottom