Ekimus: Another Exercise in Discernment

E

Ekimus

don't know if this has been asked, looked but could find it

i have but one thing to ask, at the begining of your pod cast you hear Luara say "there is a dissimormation literaly for everyone, no matter who you are and what you interests are...", does that mean your page and podcast is a dissinformation program for people looking for the truth?

ekimus said:
does that mean your page and podcast is a dissinformation program for people looking for the truth?
Im curious as to why your first post on the day of your joining up would be in regard to asking if the signs page is disinfo or not? To be honest it makes me somewhat suspicous of your motives.

If you have but one thing to ask, then I might ask why you are here on this forum? Most of us have lots of questions to ask, lots of opinions and lots information to share in our efforts to network and become more colinear with each other.

If you would like to search the site for more than one day as a member and read through a lot of the information here, and elsewhere on site, I believe you can answer your own question.

IMO The Signs page and podcasts are some of the only beacons of truth and objective views of the nature of our reality "as is" that I trust anymore, as most of the other sites I used to keep up with were replete with disinfo.

Did you join here just to ask that one question and then leave or are you here to share and network towards the goals of this site?

EKIMUS Wrote
"don't know if this has been asked, looked but could find it

i have but one thing to ask, at the begining of your pod cast you hear Luara say "there is a dissimormation literaly for everyone, no matter who you are and what you interests are...", does that mean your page and podcast is a dissinformation program for people looking for the truth?"

Hello Ekimus
No it means that there is even a place for those who are seeking the truth also.There are no ego seekers at the SOTT.the podcasts are not Alex Jones shows where we hear more of AJs voice than those of his guests...the SOTT podcasts are in a genuine sit around the table and discuss format...with nobody trying to drown out each other.....

Works for me....

Well, i have to say i did join the forum to ask that one question, i'm not normaly a person that gets involved in forums. this one just happens to be of various matters that i would like to discuss. i have read most of the arcticles and listened to all the podcast. To tell you the truth the question meant less to me that what the response would be. the real question isn't what i asked but the meaning behind why i asked, i asked that question to see what kind of answer i would get, this is a media outlet, weather it's countrolled by a corporation or a country or independent dosn't matter. i've learned to be causious about what i read and hear, thats why i found this site. I'm actualy completely suprised i havn't seen this question on the forums. if this is a site for the aware people, why wouldn't that exact thought have come mind to anyone thats causious about what they read. oh btw it's not a poke at the integrety of this website, i've actualy come to like this site very much, it's helped me see a more complete picture of whats going on in the world, now lets see what you say bout that, oh and you should be suspisious of everyone, especialy the ones that don't ask the contraversial questionns

and one last thing to say....

you don't always need to ask questions to get answers

think outside the box there appollynon

Ekimus said:
don't know if this has been asked, looked but could find it i have but one thing to ask, at the begining of your pod cast you hear Luara say "there is a dissimormation literaly for everyone, no matter who you are and what you interests are...", does that mean your page and podcast is a dissinformation program for people looking for the truth?
Ekimus, it appears to me that:

a) you have problems with logical thinking
b) you are not making an effort with your thinking

You expect other people to answer questions that you could easily answer yourself. You should work on yourself to correct theses two issues. And while you work on these two issues, you will probably discover other, more basic issues that you have.

Now, I am going to do a favor to you and answer your question, even if you could answer it all by yourself, with some little effort. And I will do it in order to help you to identify your problems.

First: the fact that "there is a disinformation everywhere" does not imply (logically) that our pages and our podcasts is are disinformation programs.

You are making a LOGICAL ERROR here, and you need to learn how to spot these logical errors. Think:

It is certainly true that there is dust everywhere. Does that imply that a piece of cloth that is used to remove the dust is a "dust making program"? No!

You see, the devil is always in the details, and when you are not paying attention to the details, your thinking (and your life) is screwed!

There is "smoke everywhere", for sure, but there are places where there is more smoke, and there are places where there is less smoke. When you want to breath clean air, you choose a place with less smoke rather than more smoke. See: this is so simple.

Now, think about disinformation. There are sources of disinformation, like there are sources of smoke. This disinformation penetrates into disinformation free media, and like one can find a smoke molecule high in the mauntains, one can find a bit of a disinformation even on this forum - simply because we are not able to control every bit that people publish. But we do our best to spot disinformation, and to point it out - when it becomes evident. We are working like vacuum cleaners, we clean the dirt, but no vacuum cleaner is 100% efficient.

This is the question of "degrees". For instance, in my own scientific publications, I am making all effort possible to make them free of errors. But are they 100% free of errors? The answer is clear no. I discovered recently an error in my own, thirty years old paper, an error that no one has discovered before. The error is not crucial to the thesis of the paper, but it is an error, nevertheless. There is a statement there that is false, although at that time I was sure it was right. As I said, the error is not an important one, the paper can stand even with this erroneous statement removed.

It is all about degrees. You need to learn about degrees, and use this concept of "degrees" in your thinking and in your communication with other people. Then you will help to remove the disinformation. Because lot of disinformation in this world propagates due to people like you - who do not think efficiently, who jump to conclusions without thinking, who do not pay attention to the details and to the logic . :)

wow did you even read my response to the answers i was given before you posted yours, and telling a person they have a logical error is rude and ignorant, like my second post said i was curious to see what the answer was, of course i could answer the question my self, i did pass grade 2 ya know. myabe it's your logic that thats fetaly flawed, you looked at the question and saw only that. I expect a whole lot more from you. Think if i thought that the scott team were a dissinformation program that i would have listened to anything on this page. aslo don't think i get my news from one place and one place alone......

sad really, and rude,

never judge a person on a single question. the smartest man could ask the most obvious of questions, but that does not make him logicaly flawed

Ekimus said:
the smartest man could ask the most obvious of questions, but that does not make him logicaly flawed
The smartest person should pay attention to the details. The fact is that your question WAS logically flawed. Pointing out logical errors is my duty on this forum :)

why do you remind me of an ingnorant pycologist thats far to eager analyze a persons thoughts weather they know them or not. and in my opinion, which apparently isn't as correct as yours, or as logicaly correct as yours, your rude and have to no clue what the purpose of public relations are. man get off your high horse, there's really no more prof from my end that your news information is any different from the american liberal media, for all i know your just spinning a stroy differently.

yet again a sad and now not totaly unexpected answer

Ekimus said:
there's really no more prof from my end that your news information is any different from the american liberal media, for all i know your just spinning a stroy differently.

You are free to leave this forum and find a better one, where no one will analyze what you write :)

Ekimus said:
and one last thing to say....

you don't always need to ask questions to get answers
When you are offered answers, the odds are because somebody want to impart that information to you. It might be what you're looking for - only thing is it might also be dis-information.

Ekimus said:
why do you remind me of an ingnorant pycologist thats far to eager analyze a persons thoughts weather they know them or not. and in my opinion, which apparently isn't as correct as yours, or as logicaly correct as yours, your rude and have to no clue what the purpose of public relations are. man get off your high horse, there's really no more prof from my end that your news information is any different from the american liberal media, for all i know your just spinning a stroy differently.

Nice, turn up - ask a question, insult somebody then insult what he's involved with, where to next? Personally, I'd recommend here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1979

and

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1820

Although this one is REALLY worth visiting first: http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/forum/misc.php?action=rules

Ekimus said:
don't know if this has been asked, looked but could find it

i have but one thing to ask, at the begining of your pod cast you hear Luara say "there is a dissimormation literaly for everyone, no matter who you are and what you interests are...", does that mean your page and podcast is a dissinformation program for people looking for the truth?
so, in case anyone missed that: "hi I just popped in to ask you kindly if you could please tell me whether you're all a bunch of liars?"

:o :rolleyes:

I should know better by now, I never cease to be amazed by this stuff.

It's clear that Ekimus not only did not read the rules, he did not take the time to read any of the forum postings unless, of course, he read them as a deviant and formed the intent of attempting to "gatecrash."

More than that, he/she is an example of what the Communists referred to as the "Proletariat," or member of the class of wage laborers, who, having no means of production of their own, are reduced to selling their labor-power in order to live. Such individuals are extremely susceptible to psychopathic manipulations including paramoralisms (which was indicated in Eximus' opening gambit). Lobaczewski comments on this type of individual in his remarks on "moralizing interpretations" which are the chief feature of the work of Schizoidal psychopaths:

Schizoidia: Schizoidia, or schizoidal psychopathy, was isolated by the very first of the famous creators of modern psychiatry. From the beginning, it was treated as a lighter form of the same hereditary taint which is the cause of susceptibility to schizophrenia. However, this latter connection could neither be confirmed nor denied with the help of statistical analysis, and no biological test was then found which would have been able to solve this dilemma. For practical reasons, we shall discuss schizoidia with no further reference to this traditional relationship.

Literature provides us with descriptions of several varieties of this anomaly, whose existence can be attributed either to changes in the genetic factor or to differences in other individual characteristics of a non-pathological nature. Let us thus sketch these sub-species' common features.

Carriers of this anomaly are hypersensitive and distrustful, while, at the same time, pay little attention to the feelings of others. They tend to assume extreme positions, and are eager to retaliate for minor offenses. Sometimes they are eccentric and odd. Their poor sense of psychological situation and reality leads them to superimpose erroneous, pejorative interpretations upon other people's intentions. They easily become involved in activities which are ostensibly moral, but which actually inflict damage upon themselves and others.

Their impoverished psychological worldview makes them typically pessimistic regarding human nature. We frequently find expressions of their characteristic attitudes in their statements and writings: "Human nature is so bad that order in human society can only be maintained by a strong power created by highly qualified individuals in the name of some higher idea." Let us call this typical expression the "schizoid declaration".

Human nature does in fact tend to be naughty, especially when the schizoids embitter other people's lives. When they become wrapped up in situations of serious stress, however, the schizoid's failings cause them to collapse easily. The capacity for thought is thereupon characteristically stifled, and frequently the schizoids fall into reactive psychotic states so similar in appearance to schizophrenia that they lead to misdiagnoses.

The common factor in the varieties of this anomaly is a dull pallor of emotion and lack of feeling for the psychological realities, an essential factor in basic intelligence. This can be attributed to some incomplete quality of the instinctive substratum, which works as though founded on shifting sand. Low emotional pressure enables them to develop proper speculative reasoning, which is useful in non-humanistic spheres of activity, but because of their one-sidedness, they tend to consider themselves intellectually superior to "ordinary" people.

The quantitative frequency of this anomaly varies among races and nations: low among Blacks, the highest among Jews. Estimates of this frequency range from negligible up to 3 %. In Poland it may be estimated as 0.7 % of population. My observations suggest this anomaly is autosomally hereditary.

A schizoid's ponerological activity should be evaluated in two aspects. On the small scale, such people cause their families trouble, easily turn into tools of intrigue in the hands of clever and unscrupulous individuals, and generally do a poor job of raising children.

Their tendency to see human reality in the doctrinaire and simplistic manner they consider "proper" - i.e. "black or white" - transforms their frequently good intentions into bad results. However, their ponerogenic role can have macrosocial implications if their attitude toward human reality and their tendency to invent great doctrines are put to paper and duplicated in large editions.
An analysis of the role played by Karl Marx's works easily reveals all the above-mentioned types of apperception and the social reactions which engendered animosity between large groups of people. ....

Moralizing interpretation: ... Young people and less cultured circles always tend toward such interpretations (although it characterizes traditional esthetes too), which intensifies whenever our natural reflexes take over control from reason, i.e. in hysterical states, and in direct proportion to the intensity of egotism. ...

Egotism: We call egotism the attitude, subconsciously conditioned as a rule, to which we attribute excessive value to our instinctive reflexes, early acquired imaginings and habits, and individual world view.

Egotism hampers a personality's normal evolution because it fosters the domination of subconscious life and makes it difficult to accept disintegrative states which can be very helpful for growth and development. This egotism and rejection of disintegration in turn favors the appearance of para-appropriate reactions as described above.

An egotist measures other people by his own yardstick, treating his concepts and experiential manner as objective criteria. He would like to force other people to feel and think very much the same way he does.

Egotist nations have the subconscious goal of teaching or forcing other nations to think in their own categories, which makes them incapable of understanding other people and nations or becoming familiar with the values of their cultures.

Proper rearing and self-rearing thus always aims at de-egotizing a young person or adult, thereby opening the door for his mind and character to develop. Practicing psychologists nevertheless commonly believe that a certain measure of egotism is useful as a factor stabilizing the personality, protecting it from overly facile neurotic disintegration, and thereby making it possible to overcome life's difficulties. However rather exceptional people exist whose personality is very well integrated even though they are almost totally devoid of egotism; this allows them to understand others very easily.

The kind of excessive egotism which hampers the development of human values and leads to misjudgment and terrorizing of others well deserves the title "king of human faults". Difficulties, disputes, serious problems, and neurotic reactions sprout up in everyone around such an egotist like mushrooms after a rainfall.

Egotist nations start wasting money and effort in order to achieve goals derived from their erroneous reasoning and overly emotional reactions. Their inability to acknowledge other nations' values and dissimilarities, derived from other cultural traditions, leads to conflict and war.

We can differentiate between primary and secondary egotism.

The former comes from a more natural process, namely the child's natural egotism and child-rearing errors that tend to perpetuate this childish egotism.

The secondary one occurs when a personality that has overcome his childish egotism regresses to this state under stress, which leads to an artificial attitude characterized by greater aggression and social noxiousness.

Excessive egotism is a constant property of the hysterical personality , whether their hysteria be primary or secondary. That is why the increase in a nations' egotism should be attributed to the above described hysterical cycle before anything else.

If we analyze the development of excessively egotistical personalities, we often find some non-pathological causes, such as having been raised in a constricted and overly routine environment or by persons less intelligent than the child. However, the main reason for the development of an overly egotistical personality in a normal person is contamination, through psychological induction, by excessively egotistical or hysterical persons who, themselves, developed this characteristic under the influence of various pathological causes. Most of the above-described genetic deviations cause the development of pathologically egotistical personalities, among other things.

Many people with various hereditary deviations and acquired defects develop pathological egotism.

For such people, forcing others in their environment, whole social groups, and, if possible, entire nations, to feel and think like themselves becomes an internal necessity, a ruling concept. A game that a normal person would not take seriously can become a lifelong goal for them, the object of effort, sacrifices, and cunning psychological strategy.

Pathological egotism derives from repressing from one's field of consciousness any objectionable, self-critical associations referring to one's own nature or normality.

Dramatic question such as "who is abnormal here, me or this world of people who feel and think differently?" are answered in the world's disfavor.

Such egotism is always linked to a dissimulative attitude, with a Cleckley mask over some pathological quality being hidden from consciousness, both one's own and that of other people.

The greatest intensity of such egotism can be found in the prefrontal characteropathy ...

The importance of the contribution of this kind of egotism to the genesis of evil thus hardly needs elaboration. It is a primarily societal influence, egotizing or traumatizing others, which in turn causes further difficulties.

Pathological egotism is a constant component of variegated states wherein someone who appears to be normal (although he is in fact not quite so) is driven by motivations or battles for goals a normal person considers unrealistic or unlikely. The average person might ask: "What could he expect to gain by that?". Environmental opinion, however, often interprets such a situation in accordance with "common sense" and is thus prone to accept a "more likely" version of the situation and events. Such interpretation often results in human tragedy. We should thus always remember that the principle of law cui prodest becomes illusory whenever some pathological factor enters the picture.
Now, regarding characteropathies mentioned above:

Lobaczewski said:
Paranoid character disorders: It is characteristic of paranoid behavior for people to be capable of relatively correct reasoning and discussion as long as the conversation involves minor differences of opinion. This stops abruptly when the partner's arguments begin to undermine their overvalued ideas, crush their long-held stereotypes of reasoning, or forces them to accept a conclusion they had subconsciously rejected before. Such a stimulus unleashes upon the partner a torrent of pseudo-logical, largely paramoralistic, often insulting utterances which always contain some degree of suggestion.

Utterances like these inspire aversion among cultivated and logical people, who then tend to avoid the paranoid types. However, the power of the paranoid lies in the fact that [ub]they easily enslave less critical minds, e.g. people with other kinds of psychological deficiencies, who have been victims of the egotistical influence of individuals with character disorders, and, in particular, a large segment of young people. [/b]

A proletarian may perceive this power to enslave to be a kind of victory over higher-class people and thus take the paranoid person's side. However, this is not the normal reaction among the common people, where perception of psychological reality occurs no less often than among intellectuals.

In sum then, the response of accepting paranoid argumentation is qualitatively more frequent in reverse proportion to the civilization level of the community in question, although it never approaches the majority.

Nevertheless, paranoid individuals become aware of their enslaving influence through experience and attempt to take advantage of it in a pathologically egotistic manner.

We know today that the psychological mechanism of paranoid phenomena is twofold: one is caused by damage to the brain tissue, the other is functional or behavioral. Within the above-mentioned process of rehabilitation, any brain-tissue lesion causes a certain slackening of accurate thinking and, as a consequence, of the personality structure. Most typical are those cases caused by an aggression in the diencephalon by various pathological factors, resulting in its permanently decreased tonal ability, and similarly of the tonus of inhibition in the brain cortex. Particularly during sleepless nights, runaway thoughts give rise to a paranoid charged view of human reality, as well as to ideas which can be either gently naive or violently revolutionary. Let us call this kind paranoid characteropathy.

In persons free of brain tissue lesions, such phenomena most frequently occur as a result of being reared by people with paranoid characteropathia, along with the psychological terror of their childhood. Such psychological material is then assimilated creating the rigid stereotypes of abnormal experiencing. This makes it difficult for thought and world view to develop normally, and the terror-blocked contents become transformed into permanent, functional, congestive centers.
So it is that, in just a few posts, we have seen the symptoms and can easily identify the "type" with some higher probability.

Back
Top Bottom