Elderberries Block Flu Virus From Attaching To and Entering Human Cells

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
New study explains how elderberries stop the flu virus dead in its tracks

Elderberries700.jpg

Scientists have identified a chemical compound in elderberries that immediately immobilizes the flu virus.

Previous studies have already shown elderberry extract can ease flu symptoms and cut the duration of the illness in half, but a new study explains exactly how the ancient remedy works.

The unique phytochemicals found in elderberries block the virus from entering, or even attaching to, our healthy cells, when taken preventatively during flu season.

Even if the flu has already taken hold, the compound prevents the virus from replicating, eliminating symptoms within 48 hours.

The researchers used commercially farmed elderberries which were turned into a juice serum and were applied to cells before, during and after they had been infected with the influenza virus.

The result was a “potent direct antiviral effect against the flu virus,” said Dr. Golnoosh Torabian.

“It inhibits the early stages of an infection by blocking key viral proteins responsible for both the viral attachment and entry into the host cells.”

The extract was also effective at fighting the virus at later stages of infection, by stimulating infected cells to release cytokines – chemical messengers the immune system uses for communication between different cell types to aid in coordinating a more efficient response.

Pretty interesting. We ordered a highly concentrated elderberry extract in capsules for testing. Might also be a good idea to plant elderberries so that one can have it in the garden and make concentrates for rough times.

Still, whenever there is something with the word "berry" in it a little bell starts ringing in the back of my head. There seems to be more to this word:

(Perceval) The other thing about the Missing 411 book is that the people who are disappeared and found again, it usually happens near berry bushes. I was wondering what the...

(Andromeda) Yeah, what's the connection with berries? They're either near berry bushes, or picking berries, or they reappear with berries.

(Galatea) Why berries?

A: Convenient markers for TDARM type technology due to sound frequency.

Q: (L) Sound frequency of the word "berries"?

A: Yes.

Q: (Perceval) That's how they mark places.

(Andromeda) Be careful how much you say it! [laughter]

(Scottie) "Put him back in the berry same place where you took him from!"

(L) That makes me think of Br'er Rabbit and Briar Patch story.

[See: Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby: From Brer Rabbit at Americanfolklore.net]

(L) Yeah, there's that sound thing. There were several cases of spontaneous human combustion where they had name similarities. So, there's something about this transdimensional business locating itself via words or names which have frequency relating to sound or something.

(Galatea) Does it have something to do with numerology and the frequency?

Q: (L) So it's similar. It has to do with objects and sounds.

(Perceval) It's the location at that level... a locating device.

(L) It's a locator.

This is really interesting, I was always told elderberries were very healthy and medicinal by my grandma. She never let me eat the fresh fruit and told me it had to be prepared properly before being eaten, but I guess this may have been due to her awareness of my digestive issues when I was little rather than the fruit itself.

Elderberry may be another one of those long forgotten natural remedies, such as iodine or AHT.

I just bought some dried elderberries that can be used to make tea and I think I'll make smoothies with them as well. I guess it won't hurt to try them out. The flu season is in bloom and it would be great to avoid getting ill!

It is good to know that Elderberry can eliminate flu viruses.
And I was wondering what about Blackcurrent? Because it is similar looks and color like Elderberry.
And I have 6 shrubs in my garden. Because it’s growing well in cold climate like Alaska. I have harvested the berries, now it is in my freezer.
So, I looked up to, Dr. Mercola’s website, then I found out that it works similar to Elerberry!

What Is Black Currant Good For? - Mercola.com

Couldn't find elderberry extract locally, only in infusion form. I wonder if it has the same benefits.

Couldn't find elderberry extract locally, only in infusion form. I wonder if it has the same benefits.

What kind of infusion?

We typically pick the berries in August, remove them from the stem (latex gloves a must, otherwise your hands are stained purple) wash them, then cook them down in water. We use the juice to either make jelly or syrup.

I've never made any type of infusion, but it seems the flowers are also medicinal. Here's a link on the chemical properties of each part of the plant.

We just have to beat the birds to the berries each year! This year we were too late and missed out.

...whenever there is something with the word "berry" in it a little bell starts ringing in the back of my head. There seems to be more to this word:

It’s a funny one isn’t it, I wonder if medicinal properties had something to do with this odd language convention?

apple (n.)

Old English æppel "apple; any kind of fruit; fruit in general,"...In Middle English and as late as 17c., it was a generic term for all fruit other than berries but including nuts (such as Old English fingeræppla "dates," literally "finger-apples;" Middle English appel of paradis "banana," c. 1400)...

Back
Top Bottom