Elon Musk: Tech Genius! Green Warrior! Biz King! Good Oligarch?

Technology can serve or enslave us. Duality between the two will always be there.

Yes, brain implants are potentially very bad. But it can cure the blind, make people walk again and have other potential health uses. Maybe people have to go through tragedy to learn lessons. That could very well be the case. But should we also ban all medicine while we are it? No we don't.

We should appreciate the fact that engineering such things take a lot of good teamwork in which people Ego's must be kept in check in order to make it work. Lot's of lessons there.

Same with rocket science.

There is a reason why Musk/SpaceX is succeeding and Govt agencies are failing. He puts his hearth and soul into it. They don't. Because psychopaths can't create. They can only destroy. This is one of the many advantages we have over them. They are parasites who steal our successes.

I do not mind technology

but in the way it is used, pushed and too often enslaving humanity (easily) I am critical.

Especially as the tech often flirts with the human mind, giving promises - but reality most often shows an ugly face over time. Sneaking up from behind. Through the backdoor.

Duality - on purpose

Always these backdoors in everything... these dual standards. Not to mention the gathering of powers behind the technology as it rises in the ranks - reminds me of sharks. And double speak

What i miss is education

which not only encourages peole to use technology, but also teaches and inspires, encourages and challenges people to take responsibility. I mean from within.

From a point where you know what can be done - but doesn’t mean you have to punch it all or in a negative sense.

why is techology always so damn hard harvested ? We adapt to technology, but often get to hear the glossy side: that it makes it easier to us - helps us

I see little of that in reality in companies ! When a program isn’t designed to for certain human parameters - we as workers have to fill in, adapt and accept. “Sorry, the program isn’t made for that”. End of discussion.

So then: the other way around it is. Humans adapt to machines. Not machines to humans.

the art of rejecting negative thoughts

Humanity isn’t well schooled in the art of rejecting negative thoguhts and impulses. How that can be done - from within. Not always having to give in for every single impulse. I miss that sort of school.

Perhaps there is none.

I remember that Laura mentioned in one of her Wave books something like - there is no school like a institution that teaches the higher art, the fourth way.

That such learning of schools are of temporary art and more a manifestation which then dissipates again, and reappears elsewhere again. That the higher knowledge is the “unwritten one” and yet revolves around universal teachings. Waiting to be unlocked from deep within the human soul/dna/core.

(I am not 100% sure if i understood it correctly because in my own words - as i often write out of memory - it all just don’t sounds so nice writer-like.... like she and other skilled writers use words (which i deeply admire !! ).

Teachings & Technologies

Yet still, i would like to see more teachings in technologies - which weight in both moral as well inspirational fun, ying and yang. Not just all that straight stuff, capturing peoples in numbers and squares - but also soft human values

Technology is outmost fascinating. We guys are “suckers” in that regard. But boy, it ain’t everything.

So why are we (in general) often pretending as if, especially in visionary articles - techology has answers to everything that is ?

What is a soldier without moral ? What is a teacher without sensitivity ? What is a farmer’s skills without balance and care to animals ? What is an iPhone without an aware brain in the user ?

Of course you are right @bjorn

tech always will have a duality. It is kind of built in. As it is in us. Everything about this 3D realm is duality by design. In that lies both progress and demise. Wisdom and fallacy, tricks and treats. Rising and falling.

Perhaps with maturing age I am less prone to look up and adore people/entities like Elon Musk, Apple, and all those other famed entities.

Something tells me - there is a lot more to those than what meets the eye - and I am keeping both a mindful yet highly watchful eye.

Only because Elon Musk is “critical” towards the Plandemic - doesn’t make him a friend (you know; the enemy of my enemy is my friend).

I do not walk over that bridge !

SN9 flew and landed like a fat whale.

Oh well, third time is the charm. On to SN10

Musk must build his own space station in orbit and then build a yard for space ships. @bjorn, do you know why he’s insisting on failing rocket launches? Can he not buy the ISS and refurbish it?

Musk must build his own space station in orbit and then build a yard for space ships. @bjorn, do you know why he’s insisting on failing rocket launches? Can he not buy the ISS and refurbish it?
Why on earth (see what I did there) would E Musk buy the ISS? As far as "insisting" on failing rocket launches, he is actually "allowing" for early failure. His whole development model is 1) build something 2) try it 3) observe specifically why it fails to meet the objective 4) implement a fix 5) go back to 1).

It is actually brilliant and a radical departure from the approach NASA has taken where "failure is not an option". This results in tremendous over-design or at least not a focus on what truly matters. NASA requires caution. Musk is taking the position that "Failure where you do not learn anything is not an option." SpaceX only is overly cautious when a human being is actually involved.

I don't know. Does he?
In a video, he was mentioning that he looks at new ways of improving ‘objects’ by using the first principles of manufacturing while preserving the function. This rocket / starship (?) reflects rather the reinvention of the rocket and its landing method.

Can he not buy the ISS and refurbish it?

Musk doesn't intent to build a spacebase from what I know. The focus is the Moon and Mars. Besides, the ISS is outdated when spaceship makes it's entree since his ship can carry up to 100 tons into orbit. Meaning future possible spacebases will be a lot bigger.

Why on earth (see what I did there) would E Musk buy the ISS? As far as "insisting" on failing rocket launches, he is actually "allowing" for early failure. His whole development model is 1) build something 2) try it 3) observe specifically why it fails to meet the objective 4) implement a fix 5) go back to 1).

It is actually brilliant and a radical departure from the approach NASA has taken where "failure is not an option". This results in tremendous over-design or at least not a focus on what truly matters. NASA requires caution. Musk is taking the position that "Failure where you do not learn anything is not an option." SpaceX only is overly cautious when a human being is actually involved.
Why not buy and repurpose the ISS at least as coordinating space ‘offices’ for the shipyard.

In a video, he was mentioning that he looks at new ways of improving ‘objects’ by using the first principles of manufacturing while preserving the function. This rocket / starship (?) reflects rather the reinvention of the rocket and its landing method.

Starship is not meant to land like his previous rockets. It's meant to touch the ground by a so called belly flop maneuver. See here:

Why not buy and repurpose the ISS at least as coordinating space offices for the shipyard.

Musk his spaceship is big. And the ISS doesn't has a garage that size. Besides, the ISS is a research station. Not a shipyard.

Repairs can be done on the ground on Earth, easier and cheaper.

Starship is not meant to land like his previous rockets. It's meant to touch the ground by a so called belly flop maneuver. See here:

Ok, that is probably easy to conceptualize but more difficult to realize. Gravity and all other natural elements complicate the math to extremes when the design rests on minimalistic engines and minimal fuel.

Ok, that is probably easy to conceptualize but more difficult to realize. Gravity and all other natural elements complicate the math to extremes when the design rests on minimal engines and fuel.

It always seems impossible, until it’s done ~ Nelson Mandela

Back
Top Bottom