English literature, the Work, and the Cs

wilfried

Jedi
Happy sunday to everyone.

I 've surched for a thread where someone speaks about philip Pullman series " northern lights" or " A la croisée des mondes" in french (at the crossroads of the worlds) and didn't find one that is consistent except an invitation to take a look on the movie series so i write here my thoughts about this creation.

For some time, since i read the C's, i've mad connexion between ideas developed in the Work and the fiction of Pullman.
And what is made me a bridge to think Pullman could be one of the lineage is that i read last week in les entretiens (interview) d'Epictète that he said God gives us an ally that Epictète calls "demon".

In Castaneda books, the ally appears to be the counterweight of the predator.

In the Pullman series, childrens have a 'daemon" that in the scenario the bad scientist and malignant religious who are the world government try to eliminate from their entirety by cutting the link with their daemon.

A second clue is that the heroin, Lyra parle d'or ( or Lyra talks gold) use a tool (l''aliéthomètre) where there are a lot of symbols that are turning in wheel in the wheel to help her to discriminate the events of the now and what will happen in the future.

Also all the events are about others dimension, parallel worlds, like in Dom Juan Matus teachings in journey to Ixtlan and others.

And next to ( en regard) the Gnosis teaching for the polar couple, without spoiling, there is some event where Wil, the Lyra's friend and her that also seems to be equal as the relation between the Nagual and the Nagual woman.

Here are the most salient points, but there are a lot of others, i just opened the book now to find an extract and read these sentence: have you ever heard about vampire in other world?
an other one: have you been involved in human evolution- yes_ why?-revenge.

Now Pullman is writing a new series that happens before the first series. When i 'll have two pence, il will read them with a new interest.

In conclusion for the moment, i want to open my research with Lewis CS to compare the two authors inspiration ( in the cosmic trilogy the moment of transe at the end of the second volume is quiet similar to the moment of transe in the forest for Marie, the elder of Lyra) Over time i find the english litterature more and more interresting, like some of them are kind of undercover agents in the viper nest for the benefit of humanity.

Happy sunday to everyone.

I 've surched for a thread where someone speaks about philip Pullman series " northern lights" or " A la croisée des mondes" in french (at the crossroads of the worlds) and didn't find one that is consistent except an invitation to take a look on the movie series so i write here my thoughts about this creation.

For some time, since i read the C's, i've mad connexion between ideas developed in the Work and the fiction of Pullman.
And what is made me a bridge to think Pullman could be one of the lineage is that i read last week in les entretiens (interview) d'Epictète that he said God gives us an ally that Epictète calls "demon".

In Castaneda books, the ally appears to be the counterweight of the predator.

In the Pullman series, childrens have a 'daemon" that in the scenario the bad scientist and malignant religious who are the world government try to eliminate from their entirety by cutting the link with their daemon.

A second clue is that the heroin, Lyra parle d'or ( or Lyra talks gold) use a tool (l''aliéthomètre) where there are a lot of symbols that are turning in wheel in the wheel to help her to discriminate the events of the now and what will happen in the future.

Also all the events are about others dimension, parallel worlds, like in Dom Juan Matus teachings in journey to Ixtlan and others.

And next to ( en regard) the Gnosis teaching for the polar couple, without spoiling, there is some event where Wil, the Lyra's friend and her that also seems to be equal as the relation between the Nagual and the Nagual woman.

Here are the most salient points, but there are a lot of others, i just opened the book now to find an extract and read these sentence: have you ever heard about vampire in other world?
an other one: have you been involved in human evolution- yes_ why?-revenge.

Now Pullman is writing a new series that happens before the first series. When i 'll have two pence, il will read them with a new interest.

In conclusion for the moment, i want to open my research with Lewis CS to compare the two authors inspiration ( in the cosmic trilogy the moment of transe at the end of the second volume is quiet similar to the moment of transe in the forest for Marie, the elder of Lyra) Over time i find the english litterature more and more interresting, like some of them are kind of undercover agents in the viper nest for the benefit of humanity.
Hi Wilfried,

I think Pullman's Golden Compass series is indeed, as you infer, quite visionary literature and one that holds many clues to understanding the multidimensional paradigm. Your few commentaries I find quite enlightening and I think your post deserves a separate thread. I'd be happy to furhter comment if you resend it as a new thread.

Hi Rodmen, sorry I only just saw your post.
I have read the first two volumes of the sequel where Lyra comes of age. I'm not a big fan of this sequel in real and other people have given me the same feedback. So looking back on it now I think I may have missed some things that are as meaningful as the first books; namely, without spoiling the story, Pullman explores relationships of friendship, loyalty, teachings where one could discern sto vs sts; like in the thread on Lord of rings where a forum member emphasizes the idea of surviving not for oneself, but surviving to help others survive in the events to come (and in progress by the way)
Also Pullman develops the separation (no spoil so) and thereby the personal work to discern our true will from selfish desires and the choices of actions that follow.

But I'm not a fan of the style and especially the ending is still missing so we'll see; it's still a good book but not as great as the first three.

To come back to the idea of the Daemons, I read a part of the thread where Iamthatitis shares a lot of interesting information about it

i need to go now so i will research the thread and link it here soon as i can if you will find it usefull.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

the thread that i tell above is in history The Religion of Ancient Rome, post du 14 octobre 2021 from Iamthatis, i don't know how to copy the link.

For visionary writings in light fantasy literature, I don't know too much about the English heights, but I find the books of Bottero Pierre super aligned with the understanding that we find here about the invisible realm.

In particular the whole Ewillan series and the Alanna trilogy and The Other series in a more modern dystopia mode.

The circumstances of Pierre Bottero's death are in my opinion the mark of the value of his work because he had to raise a big rabbit as we say in French.

But their books may not be translate in english.

At times I feel Pullman's hatred of the church interfered with the messages that were getting through to him. I definitely got "download" vibes from the first books.

It is true that in his book the religious institution in power is clearly a ponerized church, it makes me think of the quorum.
On the other hand, his approach of the Divine reality is positive, especially the adventures of Mary and the beings she meets, here as well in the line of CLewis in his cosmic trilogy.
There is a very beautiful description of a moment of access to the invisible realm.
Personally I didn't feel any "free" download vibes, he expose horrors that reflect our reality in fact. And the characters as well as the institutions are mixed with sds/sto.
After that it's still a young audience book

I find the books of Bottero Pierre super aligned with the understanding that we find here about the invisible realm.
I did a search and noticed that there is indeed an English version of one of them: The Quest of Ewilan. It sounds very interesting and I will do a little more research to see if I get it, though lately I've had serious misgivings about purchasing anything from Amazon and would be happy to be able to have another alternative.

I did a search and noticed that there is indeed an English version of one of them: The Quest of Ewilan. It sounds very interesting and I will do a little more research to see if I get it, though lately I've had serious misgivings about purchasing anything from Amazon and would be happy to be able to have another alternative.
You may known it's for young readers, but in some season in my reading i got in this kind, while my daughter was about 11 years old.
the second and third parts of this adventure are more complete as the public grow maybe. And the last of him world, the Alanna quest is for me the best; because i realy love the discipline work of the heroïn, it is the end of all the previous different lines of story.

i fell it fresh and hopefull; and to tease your envy to read it because it's fit with the Work we do here: there is a kind of ... how to tell? A inner martial art ( like the C's said about Putine) wich is learn and practice in team. Bref it's funny and teachy.

For a more adult's one sci-fi french book i will recommande you "les guerriers du silence" from Bordage.

maybe a kindle reader offers translation?
To avoid amazon I order my books in our local bookstore which must be the most successful store in our little corner of the country. They work directly with the editors, so it's a good way to avoid bezzos.

Back
Top Bottom