Europeans ‘would accept climate change curbs’

Tigersoap

The Living Force
Europeans are overwhelmingly convinced that human activity is contributing to global warming, and a majority would be prepared to accept restrictions on their lifestyle to combat it, according to a poll for the Financial Times.

Research carried out this month by Harris Interactive in Germany, France, the UK, Italy and Spain found that 86 per cent of people believed humans were contributing to climate change, and 45 per cent thought it would be a threat to them and their families within their lifetimes.

More than two-thirds – 68 per cent – said they would either strongly or somewhat support restrictions on their behaviour and purchases in order to reduce the threat.
Source : http://www.ft.com/cms/s/af264dbe-77f6-11db-be09-0000779e2340.html

This kind of article really ticks me off.

How easy for the PTB to shift the blame on the population when the climate is going to get very ugly no matter what.

First, there was never a realistic search from their side for renewable energies because it probably fits their plan.
Second, I doubt that the people on the top of the pyramid will ever change their lifestyle, on the contrary.

When the climate will be so dirsupted that we will freeze our rear-ends (if we don't get swipped by a meteorite first), the PTB will probably tell us on how we did not do our best and that we must suffer the consequences, too bad if you don't belong to the chosen 6%.

It is striking to me now, that I see a lot of such ideas floating around, in advertising as well (no wonder), where we are told to 'act fast' to save the earth but I never hear anyone pointing the finger (in mainstream media, but the reason why is obvious) at how the Industries and the corporations keep plundering and polluting the planet for profits.

Nope, they're actually making money by exchanging pollution quotas

http://www.europeanclimateexchange.com/

What is Emissions Trading?

Emissions trading gives companies the flexibility to meet emission targets according to their own strategy - thus offering the most cost-effective way for energy-intensive industries to meet their obligation to reduce emissions. EUAs also present significant opportunities for businesses to generate working capital through monetisation and serve as collateral for lending by financial institutions.

Emissions trading is one of the prime examples of using a market-based mechanism for environment protection. The rationale behind emission trading is to ensure that the required overall emission reductions take place where the cost of the reduction is lowest, thus lowering the overall costs of combating climate change. It does not impose a particular type of technology or set rigid limitations on how much can be emitted.
Weren't they supposed to propose alternatives and care for the future ? yeah right.

Why does the article piss you off? I think it is great that people are willing to make changes to their lifestyle to help the environment. You can't completely blame governments for the situation we are in. They are definitely at fault too, but people have to take some responsibility themselves. If we continue to rely on our governments to save us, then we are doomed sooner than most people think.

Indeed, the only way we can take back control is to stop buying - it will reduce the power of the corporations. If we continue to buy every new product they come out with, then we are the masters of our own destiny. We have let corporations run amuk, and it is time we took back control, through the power of purchasing. But sadly as you know, many in the U.S. still just don't seem to get it, and think that the path we are on is just a-ok.

Corporations have no interest in people reducing their lifestyle as it will hurt their bottom line, and switching to alternative energy will hurt their bottom line too (at least in the short run). We should make the decision for them. The only thing that I find frustrating about the article is that people say they are willing to do something, but they don't take the steps to do it. They wait for the government to solve the problem, and we know when that is going to happen.

Duker said:
Why does the article piss you off? I think it is great that people are willing to make changes to their lifestyle to help the environment. You can't completely blame governments for the situation we are in. They are definitely at fault too, but people have to take some responsibility themselves. If we continue to rely on our governments to save us, then we are doomed sooner than most people think.
Is it possible that you are mixing up separate levels from which we could learn separate things?

There is the entire spectrum of "hedonistic" (barely actually), or more like "robotic", stupid consumerism of people on the one hand for the latest gadget, laced with oozing chemicals, to the mechanical reaching out for the kill-spray when a little insect is suddenly looked at (not "seen") within the perceived action radius of ones home. I fully agree that people should learn to take some responsibility themselves for their environment. If you hurt it in such blind way, of course it is like cutting ones own flesh.

But this is not the message within the article. The message is about the fact that people are "willing" to obey the authorities, once again, who pretend to know how the "do" something about ... climate change. And on a sidetrack, I think that the contribution of human activity IS present, but most probably it is not the MAIN contribution of what we are seeing displayed before our eyes in terms of weather extremes.

Can we say that the authorities are selling red herrings?

And here is the crux:

http://www.europeanclimateexchange.com/
What is Emissions Trading?

Emissions trading gives companies the flexibility to meet emission targets according to their own strategy - thus offering the most cost-effective way for energy-intensive industries to meet their obligation to reduce emissions. EUAs also present significant opportunities for businesses to generate working capital through monetisation and serve as collateral for lending by financial institutions.

Emissions trading is one of the prime examples of using a market-based mechanism for environment protection. The rationale behind emission trading is to ensure that the required overall emission reductions take place where the cost of the reduction is lowest, thus lowering the overall costs of combating climate change. It does not impose a particular type of technology or set rigid limitations on how much can be emitted.
So here we see how it will all be recuperated within the idea of "Trading". That is the crux. The pollutant will have to pay. But who is going to set the rules? And who will feel as if it is a really big, maybe insurmountable burden? Not for the manager who gains an average of 40.000 euros a month. That I can tell you. Same with fines in traffic, taxes, you name it. What is the pyramid looking like, and will it change even one iota when fines are implemented for every pollutant?
More even ... the pyramid is changing. It is stretching out further, seeking new "heights" which in truth is nothing more than a further distancing between the haves and the have not's. And the pollution norms that will be enforced financially, and not through an understanding and concomitant responsibility towards the environment, will simply be a handy tool to further such agenda.

Barroso is still riding his gasoline guzzling 4W. If he could choose his "destiny" just a little bit, he will probably try to continue driving his 4W SUV far passed the point that we will no longer be allowed or able to afford it, financially.

I agree with Tigersoap. These things piss me off and mostly because few see the picture.

Duker said:
Charles explained it well.
I also believe we have to take charge of our environment, including ourselves, at our OWN level.

But globally, who really owns the means as of now to push for a change ?

The corporations, the global elite and so on...

Maybe you haven't read articles on psychopathy or ponerology (http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/political_ponerology_lobaczewski.htm) yet ?

This makes sense why things won't change, even if we all stop driving cars and save energy.
The goal is not to save the earth but to bring it closer to total doom.

I am here on this planet too so I share the burden as well.
I don't believe in changing them but in changing/rediscovering me.

It may well be true that the world is being run by psychopaths, in government and in corporations. From what I can gather, their weakness is the need for power. If we the people could pull the rug out from under them, would that not at least weaken them and give us some power back?

The general "normal" people, are weakened by greed and materialism - no doubt instilled by the psychopaths. The best way to remove the power is to stop them from profiteering. One way to bring them to their knees is to stop buying. If we stop buying, the capitalist society crumbles, and we have a hope for our future, because it would also provide a solution for our planet.

Without all of their ridiculous profits, and without the need for oil (driven by our greed), we have a chance.

Now I'm not saying that this will happen. As mentioned in the article you referenced, we are in a viscious circle, that is repeated throughout history. All we can do is hope, because without hope, there is nothing. I am very pessimistic about the fate of humans. If we are doomed to die as a "civilization", then there is no point in even trying to stop the psychopaths. If that is our ultimate fate, as somehow written by a higher authority, then the best we could hope to do is slow down the process slightly.

Without great reductions in our population (through lowered birth rates), this planet could not possibly sustain human life for another century. The outlook may be grave, but if the few of us who are aware, could gain an understanding of the psychopath, and somehow beat him at his own game, then we may have a fighting chance. One of the weaknesses of the environmental movement is that it is not willing to battle on the same playing field as its opponents. The opponents have the money and the power, and were willing to attain both at any cost. The rest of us need to win back that power at any cost. This will be difficult due to the ease with which most people are hoodwinked by the psychopath. I count myself as one of the "normal" people that was hoodwinked by the psychopaths, but eventually had my eyes opened (through some friends, and also due to Signs of the Times).

The original article that you indicated "pisses you off", gives me hope that people are able to see what the problems are with the environment, in spite of the fact that the psychopath is doing his utmost best to hide it from them. To me, it is the first light through the crack. In Canada, recent polls have suggested that the war in Afghanistan, Health Care, and the Environment are the top 3 issues for Canadians. The war, and environment never even made it on the list of top ten in recent years. Something is opening people's eyes, and the psychopaths are having a more and more difficult time hiding it. The next step, which is taking actual action to do something about it (on an individual level), will be the real test. Short of a revolution, the government is going to continue to attempt to avoid dealing with global warming, partially because they believe the population is hypocritical (they say they want to solve global warming, but are not willing to sacrifice their lifestyle to do so), and they may be in part correct. People will have to take their own action, otherwise we are the masters of our own fate. What amazes me is how people don't see the connection between their actions and the impact on the planet. Even people with kids, who care greatly for their future, don't see how what they do today, will have serious implications for their child's well-being 5 to 40 years from now. Once they make that connection, we may see some change, but until then, lets continue with "hope", and those of us who know better, we will take the action that we can, and try our darndest to convince others to do so as well.

Mike

Charles said:
But this is not the message within the article. The message is about the fact that people are "willing" to obey the authorities, once again, who pretend to know how the "do" something about ... climate change. And on a sidetrack, I think that the contribution of human activity IS present, but most probably it is not the MAIN contribution of what we are seeing displayed before our eyes in terms of weather extremes.

Charles, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning on this. The authorities are not interested in controlling the people by telling them that global warming IS an issue. If people were to accept that global warming is real and human caused (which it most likely is), then the solutions would be detrimental to the psychopaths, because they would have to accept that we would be buying less, which in their mind, hurts their economy, and therefore their profits. So how is it that they are going to use global warming to their benefit? Corporations and governments in North America and no doubt throughout the world have done their utmost to hide the global warming problem, and attempt to make it seem like it really isn't a problem. The U.S. Government has even tried to cover up the fact that global warming was determined within its own ranks to be a greater threat than terrorism (as reported on Signs of the Times). The U.S. government drove down interest rates, fuelling a runaway economy that is more greedy and materialistic than ever, again improving their profits at the expense of the environment.

After all of the scientific evidence, corroberated around the world, pointing to human induced global warming, you believe the few holdout scientists that it is mostly a natural phenomenon? From this I can see that the job of saving us from ourselves is going to be just as difficult as I always believed it would be.
Mike

Sorry to interject, certainly charles can/will offer his further perspective, maybe even a link or two, I just thought I would echo what I believe Charles may have/be getting at.

Other factors could include solar flares becoming more consistant, not to mention effects of the wave as well as the suns possible twin moving through some certain belt in - or at the edge of our solar system. Gravitational friction I guess is what I may be trying to formulate as understanding or theorize as I have come to understand it. Not to say my observation is factual. I know I have read some things linked though the Sign's page that implied something about a particular or a couple of planets that are/were having some changes in colors.. on their N & S poles.

Some of it the C's have mentioned I believe, in the wave series as well. Fluffy pillows I wish I could offer a direct link, especially about the poles on (a) certain planet(s), I'm certain it was an article I read here some months ago. Sorry I can't specifically quote the C's here but it was something from a time when I first started reading here:

There was a quote attached to an article, as the Sign's team is known for (applaus.. I love the quotes!) I thought it was an interview with some scientists. In it the C's (who I thought were the scientists being interviewed) mentioned the Sun's (brown dwarf?) twin. That's why I brought that up. The Solar situation, I know nothing of, just tossing out hypothetical, I don't know enough about how our atmosphere interacts with solar rays at that level. Certainly the light/heat of the sun gets trapped by our trash (heat, light, smoke) particle exhaust.

Don't forget the concept of a periodical cycle of so many hundred thousand years (brown dwarf scenarion?). I need to get more familiar with the C's interactions with Laura, I should be able to find more specifics. I don't recall where I downloaded it or if it was in the wave http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/waveindex.htm or Adventures with Cassiopaea http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/adventureindex.htm or maybe there is a download on the Quantum Future Group site map http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/site_map_qfg.htm anyway seems it's time to get/keep my butt moving toward more familiarity. :)

Salutes!

Duker said:
It may well be true that the world is being run by psychopaths, in government and in corporations. From what I can gather, their weakness is the need for power. If we the people could pull the rug out from under them, would that not at least weaken them and give us some power back?
In a word: no. This is their land, their sandpit - we are in no position to pull any rug anywhere. No harm in standing up for truth. No harm in having faith and hope. It is essential, but there is a reason the world is in the state its in...

Duker said:
The general "normal" people, are weakened by greed and materialism - no doubt instilled by the psychopaths. The best way to remove the power is to stop them from profiteering. One way to bring them to their knees is to stop buying. If we stop buying, the capitalist society crumbles, and we have a hope for our future, because it would also provide a solution for our planet.
The vast majority of people have neither the desire or the interest in not buying but are happy to continue buying into the capitalist way of life. Look at China the culture of money is directly tied to the concept of self worth and the understandable fear of poverty. This is one society that has a fusion of Capitalism and Communism - a turbo-charged pathocracy. Money IS life in China even more than in the US. This is a huge juggernaut that will not be stopping any time soon. India the same. What about the mafia who control the markets? They depend on buying to feed the system and the system is about mind control towards the line of least resistance. None of these entropic forces in the linear sense are going to relinquish their hold. People will are not going to stop buying in the West unless a meteor lands on their front porch. Which may be winging its way here pretty soon.

Duker said:
Without all of their ridiculous profits, and without the need for oil (driven by our greed), we have a chance.

Now I'm not saying that this will happen. As mentioned in the article you referenced, we are in a viscious circle, that is repeated throughout history. All we can do is hope, because without hope, there is nothing. I am very pessimistic about the fate of humans. If we are doomed to die as a "civilization", then there is no point in even trying to stop the psychopaths. If that is our ultimate fate, as somehow written by a higher authority, then the best we could hope to do is slow down the process slightly.
Understand what you say but I think there are more realistic ways that can help to "slow things" at a higher turn of the spiral so to say. If this school is for learning the basic lessons of life then it seems the only way its going to change is if enough people SEE reality objectively and apply those principles. This doesn't necessarily equate with going out and telling people to stop buying or to feed the starving. It may be connected to sharing, networking about the real underlying causes of our reality which, by default will alter the nature of that reality over this time period - this may birth something entirely new in a separate branch. THIS reality will continue on into the cycle it is destined to repeat once again. Hope and faith come from knowing there is no hope - none. But knowing that we share and networking on precise principles of truth in the face of that darkness can give the hope and reinforce the faith that a non-linear, unanticipated and creative change can eventuate. I think we must accumulate energy and use it productively however. That's one hypothesis.

Duker said:
Without great reductions in our population (through lowered birth rates), this planet could not possibly sustain human life for another century. The outlook may be grave, but if the few of us who are aware, could gain an understanding of the psychopath, and somehow beat him at his own game, then we may have a fighting chance.
Wishful thinking. Maybe the point is the soul not the body. Depopulation advocates will love you!

Duker said:
One of the weaknesses of the environmental movement is that it is not willing to battle on the same playing field as its opponents.
One of the weaknesses of the environmental movement is that it has a lot of genuinely descent but niave people, quite a lot of fruit loops and is encased by a form of eco-coIntelpro that has subverted most of the orginal intent.

Duker said:
The opponents have the money and the power, and were willing to attain both at any cost. The rest of us need to win back that power at any cost.
You're dreaming. At any cost? Now you're starting to sound like the very people you want to oppose. Are we playing their game or being played at this point?

Duker said:
This will be difficult due to the ease with which most people are hoodwinked by the psychopath. I count myself as one of the "normal" people that was hoodwinked by the psychopaths, but eventually had my eyes opened (through some friends, and also due to Signs of the Times).
There's always more eye-opening to do right?

Duker said:
The original article that you indicated "pisses you off", gives me hope that people are able to see what the problems are with the environment, in spite of the fact that the psychopath is doing his utmost best to hide it from them. To me, it is the first light through the crack.
The pathocrats are not remotely concerned about this. They are happy to have environmentalists running around asking all and sundry to protect the earth. Mother Earth can take care of herself very well indeed. These changes may be part of a natural cycle of "warming "and a mix of human interference. Many of the environmental problems could be cleared up in a very short space of time. The technology is there. The creativity to address the problems however, are comprehensively sidelined and suppressed. Spending huge amounts on renewable energies like Wind farms is purely a marketing exercise for corporations. Those at the top know that investing in renewable energies could be lucrative in the long-term but largely a waste of time in the short term. The logic of investing in preventative measures to protect communities and populations from rising sea levels and all kinds of environmental effects is not happening. The truth is, if we addressed all the ecological problems from rainforests to the coral reefs; to global warming and ozone depletion over night - it would make absolutely no difference. That is the sad truth. That is not to say we do nothing. On the contrary, we do even more based around a different appraisal of the process and result we are envisaging. I think the hope comes from seeing objectively and embodying the truth and taking realistic action in the face of the terror of the situation.

Duker said:
In Canada, recent polls have suggested that the war in Afghanistan, Health Care, and the Environment are the top 3 issues for Canadians. The war, and environment never even made it on the list of top ten in recent years. Something is opening people's eyes, and the psychopaths are having a more and more difficult time hiding it.
I think the top Pathocrats and overseers are pretty happy with the way things are running.

Duker said:
The next step, which is taking actual action to do something about it (on an individual level), will be the real test. Short of a revolution,
But they want a revolution... Divide and conquer...Maximum chaos..

Duker said:
the government is going to continue to attempt to avoid dealing with global warming, partially because they believe the population is hypocritical (they say they want to solve global warming, but are not willing to sacrifice their lifestyle to do so), and they may be in part correct.
If you're talking about the lower tiers of psychopaths and characteropaths who haven't a clue then these conjectures apply.

Duker said:
People will have to take their own action, otherwise we are the masters of our own fate. What amazes me is how people don't see the connection between their actions and the impact on the planet. Even people with kids, who care greatly for their future, don't see how what they do today, will have serious implications for their child's well-being 5 to 40 years from now.
Sure. Maybe we don't even have a decade before the Pathocrats initiate economic meltdown and the fight for the world resources. How many environmental conferences will be taking place then?

Duker said:
Once they make that connection, we may see some change, but until then, lets continue with "hope", and those of us who know better, we will take the action that we can, and try our darndest to convince others to do so as well.
Why would you want to "convince" anyone?

G.

Duker said:
Charles, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning on this. The authorities are not interested in controlling the people by telling them that global warming IS an issue. If people were to accept that global warming is real and human caused (which it most likely is), then the solutions would be detrimental to the psychopaths, because they would have to accept that we would be buying less, which in their mind, hurts their economy, and therefore their profits. So how is it that they are going to use global warming to their benefit? Corporations and governments in North America and no doubt throughout the world have done their utmost to hide the global warming problem, and attempt to make it seem like it really isn't a problem. The U.S. Government has even tried to cover up the fact that global warming was determined within its own ranks to be a greater threat than terrorism (as reported on Signs of the Times). The U.S. government drove down interest rates, fuelling a runaway economy that is more greedy and materialistic than ever, again improving their profits at the expense of the environment.

After all of the scientific evidence, corroberated around the world, pointing to human induced global warming, you believe the few holdout scientists that it is mostly a natural phenomenon? From this I can see that the job of saving us from ourselves is going to be just as difficult as I always believed it would be.
Mike
I think Global warming is happening but it is being used for a wide variety of agendas. There are many convincing studies that suggest that it is a natural phenomenon. There is also data to suggest that human activity has had an influence. It may also be indicative of the Wave. Probably, its all three. One thing's for sure, you can bet is is being used to initiate more and more controls before the earth changes get REALLY crazy.

The mind of the pathocrat means that they value chaos and destruction. The psychopathology of the neo-con puppets and corporate execs. serve as convenient tools for a "higher" purpose of control.

Divide and conquer. Mixed messages. Confusion. Think Machiavelli.

G.

The message that I am receiving here (and it may not be the one that is intended), is that there really is no possibility of reversing the cycle, and civilization as we know it today is ultimately doomed. If that is true, then it is true that I shouldn't try to convince anybody of anything, since it would be a complete waste of time.

However, if there is a sliver of a possibility that change could be somehow enacted, shouldn't I try to do something about it, and help others see the light? If I just do nothing, I don't know if I can live with myself. There are still a large number of people that see that there is a problem and would like to take action - even if they don't see the bigger picture.

Don't get me wrong, I am just as pessimistic (or maybe realistic) as the next guy on this site. I have lost a lot of hope for humanity myself, but I believe what people are saying here is that we shouldn't bother to do anything about it because nothing can be done. Am I missing something here? Maybe there will be other factors that will contribute to elimination of our race, such as solar or comets, but those may or may not happen in the near future, and are completely out of our control.

When I say that we should respond on the same playing field as the "opponents", I am not suggesting murder or anything like that, or staging our own 9/11s. But I think we could, for example, use lying and manipulation to try to seek power (if we could learn how to mimic the psycopaths effectively).

This conversation is eye-opening and interesting - I thought I was fairly enlightened, but maybe I'm missing some of the facts. Look forward to some more responses on this.

Duker said:
The message that I am receiving here (and it may not be the one that is intended), is that there really is no possibility of reversing the cycle, and civilization as we know it today is ultimately doomed. If that is true, then it is true that I shouldn't try to convince anybody of anything, since it would be a complete waste of time.
I would put it slightly differently to that. I would say that the current cycle of civilisation has likely passed the point of no return in a self-destructive collapse, because to put it bluntly it is totally unsustainable, and so will no longer exist in its current familiar form but as for what comes after... ah, that is still open to all kinds of possibilites, depending on what people do and ... what happens ;)

so its not a matter of reversing anything, but of what happens next.

edit: of course, one obstacle to trying to do anything constructive about the future, is that it generally seems completely impossible, pointless and even free-will-abridging to persuade anyone about anything, because they retreat into vehement denial etc (and it is falling for wishful thinking, not to mention egotistic to assume that everyone will see things as you do!), so people have to come to their own understanding, according to their own chosen path, and all that anyone can do is try to provide info and discussion to help wake up people who are actually looking, and to keep looking, oneself.

Duker said:
Hey Duker.

Trying to convince someone of something maybe part of the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. History shows that trying to change somebody to one's own way of thinking only makes things worse. It certainly isn't about throwing our hands up in despair and doing nothing. Some of the great protests of people power were great examples of social resistance. But I guess its about the most effective mode of defence. After all, truth doesn't need to be imposed, rather discovered and understood and applied. Perhaps it is more about putting the information out there and letting it find those who resonate to that information; embodying that knowledge to the best of our ability so that no one has to step anybody's free-will in the process. Otherwise, all we get is more entropy, more confusion and more sheep. ;) What it may allow is a birthing of something authentic and true. But we can't disburse that authenticity if we are unable to find it within ourselves. If we have huge gaps in our awareness and the absence of objectivity then those gaps are just going to be filled with more lies.

Duker said:
However, if there is a sliver of a possibility that change could be somehow enacted, shouldn't I try to do something about it, and help others see the light? If I just do nothing, I don't know if I can live with myself. There are still a large number of people that see that there is a problem and would like to take action - even if they don't see the bigger picture.
On the contrary, the energy and drive you have to do something is GREAT! Don't lose it! All that I think is worth pondering here is that helping others to "see the light" for those that want to, means we must be able to read when someone is really asking. If we charge ahead and start imposing our views on others, (which are invariably based on programs, subjectivity and projections) we won't be helping anyone much. We'll just be contributing to the quagmire of lies. The best of intentions has seen all kinds of crap come down on humanity.

Learning to discern truth from lies and building our Knowledge base is one of the most important things we can do for Creation. Learning to see the lies in ourselves and living towards a truth is signalling to the Creative part of the Universe that we seek to align with it - let it work through us. Otherwise we just remain machines. It doesn't really matter which side of the "opposing" camp we're on if we continue to be machines. We're just like pinballs. In a network however, where these principles are seeking to be applied who knows what the possibilities might be?

Duker said:
TDon't get me wrong, I am just as pessimistic (or maybe realistic) as the next guy on this site. I have lost a lot of hope for humanity myself, but I believe what people are saying here is that we shouldn't bother to do anything about it because nothing can be done. Am I missing something here? Maybe there will be other factors that will contribute to elimination of our race, such as solar or comets, but those may or may not happen in the near future, and are completely out of our control.
I don't think we need to be necessarily pessimisstic, though God knows the depression cloud looms when we look around the world. We need to develop our ability to retain and develop positive emotions even in the midst of all the darkness we see around us. This is hard, I'll admit. I battle with that all the time. By the same token, negative emotions are necessary too. It's all a question of learning to discern whether we are at the prey of chemicals and instincts and their related programs or the friction of something more true that in time, grooves us to a more stable point of self-knowledge and applied action. Have you read The Wave series or Adventures?

Duker said:
TWhen I say that we should respond on the same playing field as the "opponents", I am not suggesting murder or anything like that, or staging our own 9/11s. But I think we could, for example, use lying and manipulation to try to seek power (if we could learn how to mimic the psycopaths effectively).
Whooooah. Dangerous road there. If you seek power, or lie or manipulate then you are dead in the water. You have become assmilated into the Borg so to say. How about learning the ways of pathology in order to become expert in its ways? We can USE the system and play them at their own game without actually BECOMING them (anymore than we are that is). Perhaps we can learn to really see aspects of it in ourselves that keep us locked into emotional blindness and narcissism and thus begin to find a way out. If we can begin to see creatively in the external world and accumulate and conserve as much energy as possible to raise our level of awareness. Learning, sharing and being the example of the kind of knowledge you wish to disburse might be a better road. "Wise as serpents, gentle as Doves" as the saying goes. I guess the question is: how can we really know if we are on a creative path or an entropic one? How can we recognise the choices presented to us if we haven't a clue as to what obejctive reality is telling us? Choices then are potentially no real choices at all.

G.

Thanks for the replies. Want to propose something here and see what you think. Let's say that I to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that certain chemicals are harming the planet. I can disseminate this information and hope that people will accept it, and hope that they stop using the chemicals.

Suppose that I also know that these chemicals have a detrimental effect on humans, but the proof is not as conclusive. My agenda is to stop the chemicals from destroying the planet, but I approach the subject by writing a book, about how these chemicals affect people's health (and ignore the effect on the planet, although the two may be linked in some way). Many people stop using the chemicals to improve their health as a result of the book, but my real agenda was to stop them from using the chemicals to help the planet.

By being manipulative, I have achieved a goal that ultimately will be good for the planet AND the vast majority of the people. However, it may not be good for the chemical companies that sell these products, and the few that work there and the shareholders who profit at the expense of others.

Have I become "them", by using their own manipulative tools against them? It seems to me that the hidden agenda is the primary tool of the pathocrat. I could see how this could be a problem if it turned out that I was wrong, and that the chemical usage was actually not harmful to the planet or the people. However, if the only action we ever took was based on absolutes, then no action would ever be taken anywhere by anybody.

One thing that I have seen for years now, is that putting the information out there accomplishes nothing. People are too busy trying to make ends meet to take the time to read and understand it. They are bombarded with so many messages, that it must be extremely confusing anyway. In order to somehow strike a balance, shouldn't each person act on their agenda? If the only people acting on their agenda are the pathocrats, then we are definitely doomed. However, if each of us with the knowledge that we have was to act upon our agenda, then we may end up somewhere in the middle. This is how the battle between good and evil works, isn't it? If the good just let it happen, the evil will take over. If the good fights evil, won't we end up at some middle ground? That way neither good nor evil has the upper hand (maybe too simplistic here). Many people make decisions based on lack of information, and we should do our best to get that information out there. But, people don't consider the cost to the environment of buying an SUV, because they don't understand that cost, and maybe never will, because it is a complex issue. But if I, as a knowing person (even if my knowledge isn't 100% correct) tried to convince the same people (through adverstising, say), that a bicycle is the best form of transportation because of reason x and y, have i done something wrong? My agenda again is to "save the world", but I just manipulate them through media to use a bicycle instead of the car. If it works, then I have accomplished something for the purpose of "good", and have helped to balance the evil.

Duker said:
Charles said:

Charles, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning on this. The authorities are not interested in controlling the people by telling them that global warming IS an issue.
Oh but they are, I think. They are interested in anything that changes the "status quo", so that they can have their greedy finger in it by planting disinformation and lies, tap "energy" by sitting on the resources for instance, so that they can keep their status quo. They are parasitic remember.

To further detail my "reasoning", well, let's say, that I am not convinced that it's only due to human activity that this sudden burst in global warming is happening.

Here is what I found what one of the sessions with the C's said about global warming, and which I read many years ago.

02-22-97

A: Climate is being influenced by three factors, and soon a fourth.
1) Wave approach.
2) Chloroflorocarbon increase in atmosphere, thus affecting ozone layer.
3) Change in the planet's axis rotation orientation.
4) Artificial tampering by 3rd and 4th density STS forces in a number of different ways.
Be vigilant. Be observant. Be cautious in your planning and be aware. Do not let emotional anomalies cloud your knowledge base. This is not a "time" to let one's guard down. Be especially careful of travel to unfamiliar locators, as well as sleeping in unfamiliar surroundings!!!

Q: (L) All right, were those given in the order in which they are occurring? The fourth being the one that's coming later?

A: Maybe, but remember this: a change in the speed of the rotation may not be reported while it is imperceptible except by instrumentation. Equator is slightly "wider" than the polar zones. But, this discrepancy is decreasing slowly currently. One change to occur in 21st Century is sudden glacial rebound, over Eurasia first, then North America. Ice ages develop much, much, much faster than thought.
It does not explain a lot scientifically, but we might use it as a sort of guide.
There's only two factors of the four mentioned that probably include human activity. It is the increase of chlorofluorocarbons and artificial tampering.

"Tampering" it is said. To me such term does not seem to include the burning of fossil fuels. You also have perfectly natural wood fires, and volcano activity. Why would one suddenly call it "tampering" if there is an upright walking animal burning fossil fuels? And the tampering is done by 3rd and 4th density STS forces.

"STS forces" it is said. Although the C's also made clear that we all are still STS, I do not see you and me as being part of STS FORCES. The STS forces are named in one breath with 4th density STS forces as if working in conjunction? And the tampering is done in a number of different ways. Again this does not seem to point to our excessive burning of fossil fuels.

The problem of global warming is very complex with lot's of negative feedback loops that buffer the system, but also with lot's of nasty positive feedback loops. There's always new popping up, and the matters involved are not sufficiently charted. I became rather skeptical with the sudden Kyoto fuss.

And than I read something on Davesweb which was like a true eye-opener. Now Dave has his ways of getting to go look for the right data, the ones you can do something with. And here he is using it to proof that the so-called peak oil is nothing but a scam. But these same data also do something else...

www(dot)davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr64(dot)html
Dave said:
So ... I was taking care of some important business the other day, and being a multi-tasking kind of guy, I was also idly leafing through a copy of one of Uncle John's Bathroom Readers. Now, Uncle John is not normally one of my primary sources of information, but I happened to stumble across a subject that immediately caught my attention: underground coal fires (I later conducted a Google search on "underground coal fires" to verify the information provided by Uncle John).
I learned that, although underground coal fires are a common phenomenon, most people are completely unaware that they occur. How common are they? At any given time, thousands of coal veins are ablaze around the world. In China's northwestern province of Xinjiang alone, there are currently about 2,000 underground coal fires burning. Indonesia currently hosts as many as 1,000.
Some of these fires have been burning for thousands of years; Burning Mountain Nature Reserve, for example, in New South Wales, Australia, has been aflame for an estimated 5,500 years. Other coal fires are of more recent vintage, often started through the actions of the notoriously destructive human species. But underground coal fires long predate mankind's proclivity for starting them, and many of the fires burning today are due to entirely natural causes.
New Scientist noted, in February 2003, that "coal seam fires have occurred spontaneously far back into geological history." ("Wild Coal Fires are a 'Global Catastrophe'," New Scientist, February 14, 2003) Radio Nederland added that "Geological evidence from China suggests that underground coal fires have been occurring naturally for at least one million years." (Anne Blair Gould "Underground Fires Stoke Global Warming," Radio Nederland, March 10, 2003)
And how much coal, you may be wondering, do these fires consume annually? No one can say with any certainty, but it is estimated that in China alone, some 200 million tons of coal go up in smoke every year. That's a hell of a lot of coal. More coal than China exports, in fact. In other words, the world's leading coal exporter loses more coal to underground fires than it produces for export.
"Very interesting," you say, "but what does any of this have to do with 'Peak Oil'?" Glad you asked. Coal is, you see, a member of the same hydrocarbon family as oil and natural gas, and it is, like gas and oil, claimed to be a 'fossil fuel' created in finite, non-renewable quantities at a specific time in the earth's history (when the stars were, I'm guessing, in the proper alignment). And yet this allegedly precious and limited resource has been burning off at the rate of millions of tons per year, year in and year out, for at least a million years, and probably much longer.
This raises, in my mind at least, one very obvious question: how is it possible that nature has been taking an extremely heavy toll on the globe's 'fossil fuels' for hundreds of thousands of years (at the very least), without depleting the reserves that were supposedly created long, long ago; and yet man, who has been extracting and burning 'fossil fuels' for the mere blink of an eye, geologically speaking, has managed to nearly strip the planet clean?
Is it not perfectly clear that that is a proposition that is absurd on its face -- so much so that it is remarkable that the 'fossil fuel' myth has passed muster for as long as it has? Nevertheless, that entirely illogical myth is the cornerstone on which an even bigger lie - the myth of 'Peak Oil' - is built. Go figure.
So China, the biggest exporter of coal for the entire globe, burns more coal underground in spontaneous combustion than that it exports to the rest of the world? So there is more carbon dioxide production due to spontaneous underground fires of coal, within China, than that is produced due to burning of ALL the coal that China exports to the rest of the world. I do not think that the exported coal is used to make sculpture. I think that it is burned.
A friend of me knows a geologist so he checked with him. He could confirm these underground coal fires and he knew of one in Belgium and two in France, but that there must be many more.

I know it is a daring picture, because it goes against the mainstream.
But if you get this picture than you know that the human contribution to carbon dioxide production must at least be only a fraction of the total.

I have been thinking about the possibility that this little added fraction by human activity of the past 100 years, could have broken certain buffering systems. But I doubt it.

For some reason there's way less re-uptake of the carbon dioxide by the plant kingdom. Plants and algae should thrive on higher carbon dioxide levels. And it hasn't been as high in the past one million years.
There's less solar energy reaching the biosphere, and that has been measured (About 20% less for London for instance). It won't make much of a difference when one would look for an agricultural terrain, because most plants there are not able to capture 100 % of solar energy anyway. But for tropical forest it can tell. A drop of solar influx of 20% equals a drop in carbon dioxide re-uptake of almost 20%. A tropical forest is very efficient. And so can be the oceans because of the algae.
Algae are very sensitive to UV light. It kills them straightaway. Because they then flocculate together it is often used to clear pea soup ponds from the algae. Water filters UV very well, so the pond water is passed along a UV source at close distance. Same happens when the algae get to close to the water surface. They get killed. Same happens when the influx of UV increases as with the depletion of the ozone layer, due to the presence of chlorofluoro carbons, which brings us back to the first factor mentioned in the c's session. And maybe there is way more released into the atmosphere than the part that is released due to domestic use and the sometimes accidental release.

Not such a bad guide this C's session has been.

So, what is the real tampering about?
And what about the approach of the wave ?

How could gravity waves produce heat on such a scale? Anybody?

Duker said:
Thanks for the replies. Want to propose something here and see what you think. Let's say that I to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that certain chemicals are harming the planet. I can disseminate this information and hope that people will accept it, and hope that they stop using the chemicals.

Suppose that I also know that these chemicals have a detrimental effect on humans, but the proof is not as conclusive. My agenda is to stop the chemicals from destroying the planet, but I approach the subject by writing a book, about how these chemicals affect people's health (and ignore the effect on the planet, although the two may be linked in some way). Many people stop using the chemicals to improve their health as a result of the book, but my real agenda was to stop them from using the chemicals to help the planet.

By being manipulative, I have achieved a goal that ultimately will be good for the planet AND the vast majority of the people. However, it may not be good for the chemical companies that sell these products, and the few that work there and the shareholders who profit at the expense of others.
That's not being manipulative. I think that's a good example of playing their own game. You are being creative, constructive in your endeavours. Whether the planet needs our help is another question...

Duker said:
Have I become "them", by using their own manipulative tools against them? It seems to me that the hidden agenda is the primary tool of the pathocrat. I could see how this could be a problem if it turned out that I was wrong, and that the chemical usage was actually not harmful to the planet or the people. However, if the only action we ever took was based on absolutes, then no action would ever be taken anywhere by anybody.
Sure, but that's not the issue. Absolutism is part of the neo-con mandate for control and others who seek to impose their subjective and selfish notions on what is correct for the rest of us. What is this issue I think is the right use of knowledge and the best use of our abilities. How can we be the most useful?

Duker said:
One thing that I have seen for years now, is that putting the information out there accomplishes nothing. People are too busy trying to make ends meet to take the time to read and understand it. They are bombarded with so many messages, that it must be extremely confusing anyway. In order to somehow strike a balance, shouldn't each person act on their agenda?
The question is how reliable is your agenda?? If it's based on a Pathocratic agenda while you are convinced that it is your own, is this not adding fuel to the fire? Perhaps its not a question of "putting the information out there" like throwing it out of a car window and seeing where it drops. Rather it is doing what we are doing now - networking, exchanging, building something new in our minds, provided that is, our minds remain open. Here, information has the chance to become knowledge rather than more regurgitated opinions which makes up so much of the "noise" today.

Duker said:
If the only people acting on their agenda are the pathocrats, then we are definitely doomed. However, if each of us with the knowledge that we have was to act upon our agenda, then we may end up somewhere in the middle. This is how the battle between good and evil works, isn't it? If the good just let it happen, the evil will take over. If the good fights evil, won't we end up at some middle ground? That way neither good nor evil has the upper hand (maybe too simplistic here).
Yes. ;) I wish it were more simple. But acting on the agenda and "ending up in the middle" and battling good and evil can only be accomplished when we can read the signs sufficiently well so that our actions are not based on subtle lies and even worse, lies to ourselves. We MUST defend our outposts to truth but HOW we do it is the key I think.

Duker said:
Many people make decisions based on lack of information, and we should do our best to get that information out there. But, people don't consider the cost to the environment of buying an SUV, because they don't understand that cost, and maybe never will, because it is a complex issue. But if I, as a knowing person (even if my knowledge isn't 100% correct) tried to convince the same people (through adverstising, say), that a bicycle is the best form of transportation because of reason x and y, have i done something wrong? My agenda again is to "save the world", but I just manipulate them through media to use a bicycle instead of the car. If it works, then I have accomplished something for the purpose of "good", and have helped to balance the evil.
What if everything you've listed above has no relation to bettering or "saving the world"? What then? What if it is all still in the proverbial box? Not to say that one shouldn't raise awareness of those issues but it depends if this is the best use of our energy given the current probabilities.

Again, try reading the Wave series Adventures and Secret History of the World to add to the quality of your knowledge base.

G.

Back
Top Bottom