Eurovision contest 2006

agni

Dagobah Resident
1st Place: Lordi with a song: Hard Rock Hallelujah !

What do you guys think ? Is it coincidence or someone "good" gave it a touch ? I mean, these guys look scary and sound angry, but to me they are singing bits of truth...(see lyrics below). I mean, quite close to it... So what do you think ? Is it "some sort of message" or is it truly depends on ones perception ?

I mean, this is quite "extraordinary" band to be a 1st place in such contest as Eurovision !

P.S. Ark, greetings from Belarus :) Words and languages are sure interesting thing. "Mater' Bozh'ja" (aka Virgin Mary, literally: Mother of God). If you move stress in word "Mater'", phrase does get an interesting meaning :)

(lyrics)

Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!

The saints are crippled
On this sinners' night
Lost are the lambs with no guiding light

The walls come down like thunder
The rocks about to roll
It's The Arockalypse
Now bare your soul

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Rock 'n roll angels bring thine Hard Rock Hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
In God's creation supernatural high

The true believers
Thou shall be saved
Brothers and sisters, keep strong in the faith.
On the day of Rockoning
It's who dares, wins
You will see the jokers soon'll be the new kings

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Wings on my back
I got horns on my head
My fangs are sharp
And my eyes are red
Not quite an angel
Or the one that fell
Now choose to join us or go straight to hell

Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Yeah!

Euro Trash Contest

might not be good idea to take it seriously

Personally, I couldn't believe that these guys won, not that I had any real investment in the outcome. It was just surprising that a bunch of Finnish loopers dressed up rather convincingly as demons and singing about "hard rock hallelujah" would be picked by normal people

Maybe only loopers voted. :-)

Joe

Thank you for all of your replies. Do not look at picture too literally. Prejudice away. I do not really care how things look or sound, what you see can be deceiving.

To my understanding (again, no one has to agree). They are singing about people's crippled "good side" and being lost because of own "sin". At times when something what is called "apocalypse" comes, people will have to bare their soul, meaning people will be really who they are, not what they wish they are. Then lordi calling upon something striking "prophets of false", which in my interpretation is death of all "fake values/beliefs". Then they sing about "Demons and angels all in one have arrived", which I think is representation of what seems to be bad, can be good if "accepted" right, it depends how you look at it. "The true believers Thou shall be saved" I think this is true, people who have too much pre-set beliefs that limit own mind and perception really should be saved, as they are too preoccupied "saving" people who have different beliefs and living in illusion. "It's who dares, wins" people who dare these pre-set "beliefs" win, since they no longer limit thyself.

"Wings on my back
I got horns on my head
My fangs are sharp
And my eyes are red
Not quite an angel
Or the one that fell
Now choose to join us or go straight to hell"

Well, I think that what we are.

So in my terms, bits of truths are there.

Of course this is just my crazy interpretation.

I am wondering if artists receive some sort of inspiration and sometimes can get a "good" influence, even if theme is "wrong". And this not only applies to Lordi. If you look at songs quite symbolically, different meaning often appears. Or is it truly uniquely depends on perception of an individual ? I have "musical" background, I tend to receive feeling of music (kinda tune in it), not only sound. I also think that truth is in everything. Just need to learn how to see it better. Everything out there is to teach if you look at it without prejudice.

Back
Top Bottom