Excellent Artist looking for customer

Rich

The Living Force
I recently met an artist called Sebastian. He is in his 40s and originally from Poland or Romania. I think he was working in Graphic design for buildings before leaving to focus on his art, I framed two of his pictures to put on my lounge wall. I was just very impressed with how life-like they are: I think the picture on the left is from an old picture of his daughter.
Seb2.jpgSeb1.jpg
I did bump into him a week or two ago and he said he was looking to sell some of his collection but struggling with getting his would-be buyer to pay the extra for the cost of framing it. I think he would be grateful for a 'commission'. So if it is of interest to you I could put you in touch with him via email for you to agree timescale and price. I think it would take him about a week and if it were me I'd probably start with about £1000. If of interest please PM me and I can put you in touch. I'd warn him first of course so he'd know to expect contact from you. He is a typical artyfarty in his communication. in that after he gave me his email addy a few months ago I still haven't received one back! - Nature of the beast I guess but he only lives a short walk away in the house we used to share so no trouble tracking down. :)

Rich

The Living Force
OK, so today I went over to see Seb and had a good time. We sat for a while and had a good chin-wag. He has had a very eventful time the past 4 years and it is great to see him making progress. He is very pleasd that he has been put forward for an artist and painters award. From what I understood it is a competition in London in a few weeks time. It coincides with my sisters birthday. My Sister had seen the two paintings that I have of his up on my lounge wall. At the time she was quite interested in the possibility of having a painting done of her two daughters. It being her birthday I thought it was a great time to see if Seb could make it happen. I asked my Brother in Law whether he could email me a picture that might be the one my sister was thinking about. He sent me a couple yesterday and I printed them on photo paper. I gave them to Seb today with 200 GBP as a down payment. He was very pleased with that but I was expecting to pay him much more when it;s done. I actually think his work is priceless.

So it should be done in a couple of weeks. I just had to email him the best quality resolution that I had. He said that it was especially eyes and mouth that needed high focus so that those features can be accurately reproduced.

Sadly we agreed that one of the Lama's would have to go. But I'm interested to see how it will turn out.

Rich

The Living Force
Thanks 1peacelover

He has just finished a picture for my other Sister's three boys. I will give it to her for her birthday which is coming up. The issue that Seb had here was what to do with freckles. For some reason they presented a problem so were deleted. Seb is doing a great job of completing these and is in a position where he is looking for new customers. It is interesting that next week it has worked out that he is moving into the flat below me. I am in a similar position in that I am looking for customers for my business. His Art is a different target market to web hosting but I think we'll have fun helping each other out with our respective messages. He said he is getting some positive interactions using Instagram which I haven't touched since I've been focussed on Facebook messenger marketing which I've been getting help with.:)

using inObrien boys.jpg

Rich

The Living Force
Interestingly the artist Seb has just started to change tack and instead of water colours, is starting Oil Painting. From what he says, he believes that Oil is superior in appearance. It does take him longer because Oil paint takes some time to dry before the next layer can be applied. When he sees the water colour he painted that is above my sofa in the lounge he remarks that the painting had 50 layers in order to get it to the finish it has. All I know about that is that it takes a long time and Oil even longer.
He did say his reasons for changing to Oil painting was because the best paintings in the world are actually Oil painters. I don't know who these are but Imagine they are amoung the well known paintings.

I've been seeing him quite frequently because he now lives only one floor below me. One day a couple of weeks ago he asked if he could take a few pictures of me to act as a kind of test subject. Naturally I obliged and he has started painting a kind of portrait of me. He won't let me see it in progress because he has a thing where he thinks the painting should only be shown to his subjects once it is finished. I don't know his reasons for that apart from guessing it is a kind of superstition or from previous bad experiences he has had.

Anyway, I'm quite excited at how it might turn out...

3DStudent

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Oil is the medium that the masters used. So it has that feeling of antiquity. It also costs the most. So it's common to charge more for it, and people charge per square inch of canvas. I like the sheen that oil paintings have once you varnish them after 6 months or so, but I think I like watercolors more. The loose, flowy quality balances my rigidity. :-P

Top Bottom