Fat Bomb Banana Chocolate

Juba

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
For a last couple of weeks I was playing with all kind of fat bomb recipes, and quite enjoyed in experimenting (and eating :D), but I would like to share with you recipe for fat bomb banana chocolate that will take less than 15 minutes of your valuable time.

For 4 cups of FBBC you will need following items:
100 grams of butter (ghee or any other fat available)
4 table spoons of cocoa powder
one tea spoon of xylitol
three bananas

For the cream two options:
Simply mix with the mixer cold butter with a bit of xylitol and vanilla and in couple of minutes you will have nice yummy heavy cream.
Second one is from whipped natural extra-thick double cream, this is also pretty yummy for adding in the tea because contains lot of fat and has beautiful buttery taste (we even succeed to make it at home).

Preparation:

Put a butter/fat, xylitol and a 1/4 cup of water in the pot and let the butter melt it on medium temperature, stir it a bit.
Add the cocoa, stir it lightly, until you have something like pudding.
Cut bananas on a little pieces and mix it with the mixer until you have nicely formed puree.
Slowly add banana in the pot, if necessary increase the temperature because if temperature goes lower than 50 degrees Celsius, fat will start to leak from the mass.
Stir it nicely on the stove for couple of minutes until mass got one colour.
Pour it in the cups while hot and leave it until the fat bomb banana chocolate is cold enough for the cream.

Add the cream to the top and enjoy. :D

Ups, some pics are upside down, sorry for that, I don't know what happened.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3079.JPG
    IMG_3079.JPG
    328.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3077.JPG
    IMG_3077.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3078.JPG
    IMG_3078.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    535 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    591.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 7

monotonic

The Living Force
The banana to fat ratio is enormous! :O

20g of fat per cup is not much considering you will also have 18g of carbs in that same cup, not counting what is in the cream. Having so many carbs emulsified with the fat maximizes glycation.

If there is only one cup in the day and it's the only carbs, I suppose there are some who could tolerate it.
 

Juba

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
monotonic said:
The banana to fat ratio is enormous! :O

20g of fat per cup is not much considering you will also have 18g of carbs in that same cup, not counting what is in the cream. Having so many carbs emulsified with the fat maximizes glycation.

If there is only one cup in the day and it's the only carbs, I suppose there are some who could tolerate it.

Thank you for telling me, I'll try to do it with one banana and see how it's going. Do you think one small banana on 100 grams of fat will do the trick or more reduction needs to be done?
 

monotonic

The Living Force
Well, there is a lot of variation in carb tolerance. Some people can tolerate 30g of carbs, other people avoid going over 5g. Many of those who tolerate more carbs prefer to have options so will still be interested in a near-zero-carb recipe. Why not see how much you can reduce the banana? If a little banana can whip up a lot of fat, then it may be very useful.
 

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Thank you for sharing Eärwen and I still really like bananas. Some people however don't tolerate bananas unfortunately, but maybe once in a time it is a delicious change.

As monotonic wrote the ratio between fat and carbs could be improved. And keep us updated about the recipe Eärwen if you do it with more fat.
 

riclapaz

Dagobah Resident
Gawan said:
Thank you for sharing Eärwen and I still really like bananas. Some people however don't tolerate bananas unfortunately, but maybe once in a time it is a delicious change.

As monotonic wrote the ratio between fat and carbs could be improved. And keep us updated about the recipe Eärwen if you do it with more fat.

I agree, I think you can reduce the amount of bananas, and in a special occasion, it may be a good choice, at least I think so, thank you very much for sharing Eärwen. :flowers:
 

Juba

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Thank you guys, you are really helpfull. I must admit I love bananas and that is one of the things that is so hard to put on the side. But I will gladly experiment with one or even with half banana, just to add a bit of banana aroma to FB chocolate, (especially when making it with lard). :halo:
 

Jenn

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Could you try using banana extract or essence so you still get the flavour but not the carbs/bad reaction?

We've had quite a lot of success using orange extract and also peppermint oil (separate fat bombs of course :lol: )
 

Juba

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Thorn said:
Could you try using banana extract or essence so you still get the flavour but not the carbs/bad reaction?

We've had quite a lot of success using orange extract and also peppermint oil (separate fat bombs of course :lol: )

I could and definitely should. Thank you for excellent idea. :dance:
I don't have natural extract of banana (in Croatia could find only artificial one, yuck), so I'll try to do FBC with just a pinch of banana and at least 50 grams more of lard, but my family have orchard with organic oranges, tangerines and lemons and a bit of orange skin will do the trick. Before I commenced with paleo and keto diet, I loved dark chocolate with oranges. Yeah I know all the bed stuff :-[, but today it's a big no- no, so this might be the perfect combination. I can't wait to attack the kitchen. :P
Thank you once more Thorn.
 
Top Bottom