Favorite movie scenes

benkostka

Jedi Council Member
One of my favorite scenes in cinema is toward the end of Rocky II, where Adrian just gave birth to their first child. Rocky tells her that she’s more important to him than his career in the ring boxing and all the important characters are there. It’s really nice to watch and the music written for his training afterward is called Going the Distance. Really a well crafted scene that speaks to a lot of truths.

One of my favorite scenes in cinema is toward the end of Rocky II
Now that came as a real blast from the past... including memories flooding my mind. I was a kid and thought Stallone to be really cool and persuaded my parents that I was in desperate need of exactly such a hoody.

It probably wouldn't be appropriate to post the whole extended version of LOTR so here is one of my favourite scenes and speeches.

This, up to 03:43:

From the article, "Why it Took 10 Years For Michael Mann's 'Miami Vice' To Get Its Due"

“We are at the delicate interface between ocean and air … liquid and gas … the event horizon where molecules evaporate. This interchange is ethereal.” — Opening exposition from Michael Mann’s screenplay for Miami Vice

[...]

Over time, what was initially enumerated as the film’s weaknesses have come to be viewed as strengths. The emphasis on gloomy atmosphere and visual sensation over the film’s (largely nonsensical) plot makes Miami Vice highly rewatchable. There’s always something new to discover in Miami Vice, in part, because of all the negative space that Mann leaves in the frame — contemplating the visual poetry of a gorgeously stormy sky or a speedboat slicing through an ocean vista takes precedence over caring about whether a dastardly white supremacist gang is planning to pull a drug rip-off. As Vulture‘s Bilge Ebiri wrote last year, “At some point, you realize that what you’re watching is not a procedural. It’s a dream.”

Miami Vice has even influenced other films, most notably Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers, which extrapolates Miami Vice‘sstyle is substance” aesthetic. “When I watch that film, I don’t even pay attention to what they’re saying or the storyline,” Korine told the New York Times in 2012. “I love the colors. I love the textures.”

My favourite death scene ....

This scene came to mind for me as well (and the final monologue by Stallone in First Blood, both of which were written by the actors themselves and performed without the rest of those on set expecting it).

But it’s not my favourite death scene. Alan Rickman wins that award for his death in Robin Hood: Prince of Theives. :-D

I like this scene from the movie Contact. It shows how the radio emissions dissipate as they reach deep space, until they reach absolute silence, beyond our galaxy.

Q: (L) Well, clearly human beings are really miniscule specks on this planet, and the planet itself is a miniscule speck in the galaxy, which is a miniscule speck in the universe. So, in a very large sense, we don't really count. So whatever happens, happens.

A: The entire sum total of all existence exists within each of you, and vice versa.

My favourite death scene ....

It’s always interesting for me to see which scenes women prefer as opposed to men.

This scene came to mind for me as well (and the final monologue by Stallone in First Blood, both of which were written by the actors themselves and performed without the rest of those on set expecting it).

I really liked that scene too, of all the Rambo movies that one is the best. Brian Dennehey played a great villian as the sheriff.

Here’s my favorite scene involving death in a movie. Some roles are just written for certain actors.

Back
Top Bottom