Field recordings

brandon

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I like to record sounds with an old minidisc recorder I got in the year 2000 + a little handheld microphone.. Just any interesting sounds I hear. I had a more modern recording device but there's something about the minidisc I find charming, it feels nice to use, has a good vibe I guess.. it's high quality but not TOO high quality, sounds more natural to me than fancy new recorders.. Sadly I've lost most of my old discs.. I hadn't used the MD in ages, til a few years ago when I found it packed away in a box... and it still worked! So I started using it again.. My favourite things to record are water and thunder. I like listening to these recordings for relaxation, so the other day thought maybe I should share them.. Dunno if anyone else would be interested in this or not, but I compiled some of my favourite bits and put it as an album on Bandcamp. It's just raw recordings of the ambient soundscapes of places I walk, the creek near my house, weather, frogs, etc. But mostly water... Some of them are very long. All from within the last few years, except track 1 which was from a trip to the sea, years ago.. (Oh how I wish that one was longer! It was from before I realised I would actually just sit and listen to these for enjoyment in the future...).. These aren't pro field recordings, they're far from perfect, there's lots of incidental sounds - people in the background, a plane flies overhead, a car drives past, the wind hits the microphone, etc.. Also you can often hear the whirring of the minidisc recorder itself :) It's like a personal audio diary, rather than a composed product... They go nicely on good headphones...

It can be streamed, or downloaded (free, just type in $0 as the price). I use Bandcamp because it doesn't have advertising or annoying clutter.. Not sure if this fits under 'creative acts' or not, but anyway, there it is, hope somebody enjoys it! <3

Quel joli cadeau et quelle bonne idée d'avoir partagé les bruits de Dame Nature...
Un grand merci à vous...

What a nice gift and what a good idea to have shared the sounds of Mother Nature...
Many thanks to you...

Thank you for sharing these with us brandon, they are indeed very relaxing. I love the sounds of nature and haven’t taken time lately to just walk quietly and listen. These feel very healing to the soul and we could all use more of that💕

Thank you! I adore to listen to the sounds of nature, it is like listening to the voices of old friends that help us to calm us, to center us. I am listening now, and I think the sound is excellent!

Again, thank you! Very nice to give us this gift!

Back
Top Bottom