Flying skull

SlavaOn

Jedi Master
Hello.

I was continuing my search for Fenn's treasure chest. I already published my report about the first trip to Santa Fe New Mexico in mid-March here: Fenn's treasure search story Last weekend, I made another trip there and posted about it on other forums, so if you want to, you can read the details on: Hint of Riches forum or on Mysterious writings forum

Here I would like to share a strange episode that falls into supernatural or paranormal category.
It was late afternoon on Sunday April 15th. Earlier in the day, I hiked down the canyon for about 5-6 miles (plus the side trips to canvass potential hiding places for the treasure chest). When I found the secret (but no gold was at the end of the rainbow) location, I realized that I sprained my left knee. I did not have any falls and have no idea how it happened, but the knee was hurting and I could not make normal steps. A zombie walk worked, where I locked the knee and was able to push the left leg forward. I had to lean on a piece of wood and a metal detector shaft to ease the weight off the leg.

Thus, the hike back took me 6 hours of constant moving. The fact that 1/3 of it went through a narrow canyon with hard to penetrate bushes made it a torturous walk. By around 6 pm I made to a wider part of the canyon and it was easier to walk. I knew that I have about 2 hours of light and after that could use a flashlight to illuminate a path. It is a real wilderness. The destination, where my car was parked, is an RW park that will not be opened until May. I felt vulnerable, since I only had a knife to protect myself and wild animals (could be black bears and wild cats) know by the way the pray moves how vulnerable it is.

It was quiet, but I tried to make noises to shoo away the potential stalkers. Another factor of that hike is this canyon had a major fire two years ago. Known as "McClure fire". I still saw a lot of trees with burnt bark, trees cut by firefighters, trees where the tops were burnt or trees that burnt completely leaving only holes in the ground.

I had brought a compass with me, since there is no cell service in there. At one point, two similar canyons in front of me forked and I had to decide which one to take. I knew that the left one would take me North and this is the one I followed. About 200' to the right from me, where the path was going up to the other canyon, I spotted a tree trunk with no branches and completely black - must have been burnt by the fire. But, hovering maybe from 20 cm and up to 1/2 meters above it was a white globe. It is hard to estimate the object that is away, so I could say it was as wide as the trunk below. Maybe 1/2 meter in diameter. The whiteness of it was in sharp contrast to the blackness of the wood. Also, it was not a complete sphere, but more like upside down round fish bowl. I saw or imagined that it is opened from below. On the side of it, there were two plate size "eyes" - totally black. I did not see any strings, sticks or other attachments that would keep that thing above the trunk.

I dropped the idea that it is a prank, because 1) it is a wilderness area, who would see it 2) to climb on the trunk one would need a tall ladder 3) to make such thing one should spend a lot of resources; 4) and I had a baaaad feeling inside

So, I continued on my way without stopping, only checking that thing with my side vision. I did not make any attempts to pull out a cell phone and make a photo. I only concentrated on walking - step by step, keeping my mind empty. Luckily, I made to the car before the sundown, returned home from the trip and can share this with you.

I have no idea what it was. The black column may have been something else and not a tall tree stump. I searched for "Indian flying skulls" and there are references, but they describe something totally different, large and furry... I will make a sketch and post later, but it matches the description. I attached a topo map of the area, where the black circle shows that spot. It would be about 2-3 miles North from Black canyon RW campground off of state road 475.

image_circle.jpg

Hi SlavaOn,
It's a strange experience indeed. It's very fortunate that you made it home safely. And for safety considerations, could you find a hiking compagnon or two? In the wildness, some unexpected accidents can be unforgiving and it's better to be safe than sorry (or worse). Hope your knee heals soon.

I agree with mkrnhr, SlavaOn. I'm not an outdoors type, so I'd want to have someone with me on such a hike. I hope your knee heals soon. I used Comfrey salve + DMSO for a knee injury I recently had and it helped. I think infrared light would help too.

Hello SlavaOn

I enjoyed your Fenns treasure post (I'm jealous... I'd love to have an adventure like that!)

I thought it interesting Mr Forrest Fenn chose the Santa Fe region. There are similarities of name here with the chemical element of iron, from Latin 'ferrum' as denoted as its symbol 'Fe' in the element table.
I find 'Forrest' to be quite phonetically similar to 'ferrum', and 'Fenn' starts with 'Fe' - with, of course Santa 'Fe'. 'Fe' translates 'faith' in Spanish hence Santa Fe means literally 'Holy Faith'. The metal of iron was known as the 'holy metal' due to Crusaders using it to make their swords. Iron is also equated with protection against the supernatural in folk-lore - a further possible meaning to it as 'holy metal'; Iron in folklore - Wikipedia

I think there's something to be said of iron and its effects with the supernatural due to its incredibly high magnetic quality. The word 'ferrous' of iron is quite close to 'furious' - coming from 'Furies' from where we get 'Fairies' of which iron was thought to protect against.
The Furies were known as the Erinyes: "The word Erinyes is of uncertain etymology; connections with the verb ὀρίνειν orinein, "to raise, stir, excite," according to Wikipedia.
The word 'iron' is also very close to 'Orion' and all that that implies of our 'origins' of which its etymology shares 'orinein': to 'arise' - derives from 'origo' or 'oriri'. Interesting too Orion's Belt hangs Orion's Sword of which the 'holy metal' of iron pertained the 'holy swords' of the Crusades.

'Fe' is also very close phonetically to 'Phi' - the golden ratio.

Maybe something to it?... And maybe you saw an Orion 'Faerie' of some sort?

Anyways, hope your knee makes a full recovery :-)

Thank you. The next day I checked into a hospital in Santa Fe and they found nothing broken. A knee immobilizer and a couple of crutches was all I needed to get through 3 airports on the way home. I loved the wheelchair treatment and the attention that I received from people and stuff. Since I was clothed in military fatigues, everybody took me for a wounded warrior that I was...

I did look for a partner and posted a "partner request" but my solves (and the place that it led to) was far from the search box where mainstream searches wanted to play...

@BlackCartouche: Although Forrest did not select the name for himself, he did chose the location (Santa Fe) and he scored. He became successful and wealthy. Like you, he also like to play with words and their meanings and like a true poet invented a few of his own words. That was one of the reasons, IMHO, I was able to crack his code and solve his puzzles, since we think alike.

What I saw was truly outworldly. I wonder, if it is still there :(

Reminds me of the Braxton County Monster:

graybarker.jpg

"The story goes that in the evening of September 12th, 1952 seven witnesses saw a light from the sky land in the hills outside the town of Flatwoods, West Virginia, and when they went to investigate they came upon a being which frightened them to their very core.
[...]
A large creature, between seven and 12 tall, stood hovering next to a nearby oak tree. It appeared to be wearing some sort of green armor, and a black cowl shaped like a spade from a playing card over it's blood red head and bright glowing red eyes. Some of the witnesses reported seeing two claw-like hands near the creature's head, one of which may have been holding a device. Upon seeing the group, the being let out a shrill hiss and started towards them in a slow gliding motion.
[...]
In this case, investigator for the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry Joe Nickell has suggested that what the group saw may have seen a barn owl. The creature was spotted near a tree, and being perched on a branch seven to 12 feet off the ground may have given the illusion of great height, with foliage beneath it representing the green body. Given the time of day, an owl would just be getting active and ready for the hunt. While male barn owls typically have white faces, females can be more reddish-brown in plumage, and had a flashlight shined in her face, her eyes would have definitely glowed in the darkness. Startled and annoyed, she may have taken flight from her branch, and cried out at the intruders in her territory. Rather than the gentle hoo-ing we tend to associate with owls, a barn owl's cry sounds quite different and scary.
[...]
I have no doubt that everyone involved in witnessing the craft and creature were being honest in their testimony, but anxiety and fright could have colored their interpretation of normal, yet still scary, events into something truly fantastic."

So there you have it - you saw an owl! :lol:
170px-Barn-owl_%28Racheeo%29.jpg

The Braxton County Monster
A group of 7 West Virginians looked for a crashed UFO in the hills and ended up getting the fright of their lives.
The Braxton County Monster

Flatwoods monster - Wikipedia

Last edited:
ADBD5643-06A9-4B88-9134-5ADA6072530A.jpeg

The tall stump in the middle of the photo is it. You can see a white circle on top of it with a black “eye” peeking out. When sun is setting, the second “eye” will be visible. During my first encounter with “the skull”, I must have been hurting by the knee to the point of hallucinations. I didn’t realize that what I saw was not real. I still think that I made a right decision to get out of there as quick as I could... Our imagination is a powerful tool that creates its own reality... and brings things to life. :(

Back
Top Bottom