Food Allergy Blood Tests and results

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Since there are 18 group members around here, both in our house and living nearby, we all got together to do the food antibody blood test. We spent a couple weeks trying to eat at least a little of the many items on the list so that the test would be accurate. (Note here: many results were for food that most of us swear we never had in our lives!) Then, on a selected day, an appointment was made for the local home-health nurse to come out and do the blood draws for everyone. Since we did the tests in a batch, we got a discount.

Just like our heavy metals tests, these tests were rather shocking. It gives an all-new angle to everything we have been doing in terms of diet.

First thing to note is that, just because one does NOT have an "allergic reaction" to something, doesn't mean it is good since it can be bad in other ways. I don't have a negative test result to coffee, but I KNOW how it makes me feel and that it must be handled with caution. I also don't have negative test results to certain peppers that I KNOW, from experience, make my joints hurt. I don't have negative reactions to a lot of high carb foods, but I know what carbs do to my insulin and energy. So there are obviously numerous factors in play here. One can't just start eating the "non-allergic" foods willy nilly and think that all will be right as rain.

Nevertheless, if one does everything they can according to the various plans we have experimented with, and still some hidden factor seems to be blocking progress or full recovery or optimal energy, etc, it seems that it might be food allergies/sensitivities in action and the further step of eliminating them could be the key. We don't know yet for sure; we are just at the beginning of this phase.

Anyway, with that background, I'm going to give here the list of foods that I, personally, tested reactive to just to show what a surprise it can be. There are 4 levels of reactivity with 4 being worst:

Egg white
Chicken egg
Egg yolk
Peanuts
Goose egg
Oats
Sunflower seed
Berries misc.
Almond
Quail egg
Cow's milk
Vanilla
Agar-agar E 406
Plaice
Coalfish
Halibut
Guar gum
Flax
Camel milk
Chickpeas
Rye
Perch
Mussel
Aspergillus niger
Oyster
Spelt
Gluten
Bolete
Pineapple
Pear
Buckwheat
Cranberry
Barley
Kefir (fermented milk)
Banana
Herring
Fermented milk cheese
Mandarin
Cooked milk
Chicken
Mustard seeds
Whey/rennet
Ricotta cheese
Brussels sprouts

Then, of course, there's a whole list of other foods that do not cross that threshold into being counted an allergen, but they, too, have levels of reactivity so that some "safe" foods and safer than others. In short, you can get a lot of information from this test.

Chu is going to compile a list of the foods that are MOST FREQUENTLY reactive to our 18 person sample, though it will not denote individual level of reactivity. But generally, there are two foods that just about everybody reacts to in a strong way with only a couple of exceptions: Eggs and Dairy (mainly cow dairy, but surprisingly, I am reactive to camel's milk, but not goat or sheep's milk!). The test separates egg whites from egg yolks and both seem to be about equally bad.

That means that Fat Bombs are OFF THE TABLE.

So, stay tuned. I'll be adding more to THIS POST as I get it.

ADDED:
Here are Ark's results. Gives a whole new perspective on people just taking garlic willy nilly for detox! Notice also that he, too, is reactive to vanilla. Nearly everyone is! Another reason that Fat Bombs are off the table! Also notice the reaction to aloe vera! A famous health remedy! And cumin! And honey, and ginger fer gawd's sake!

Garlic
Vanilla
Banana
Agave syrup
Guar gum
Scampi/prawns
Mussel
Green peas
Baker's yeast
Cow's milk
Barley
Habanero pepper
Ginger
Aloe Vera
Fermented milk cheese
Lime
Ricotta cheese
Egg yolk
Agar-agar E 406
Whey/rennet
Capers
Cooked milk
Aspergillus niger
Bolete
Cumin
Summer savory
Kefir (fermented milk)
Green cabbage
Honey mix
Lollo Rosso lettuce
Cardamome
Shark
Cep
Chicken egg
Mare's milk

Chu has made the list of the MOST FREQUENTLY reactive foods across our sample. All things considered, the sample may be representative in terms of age, gender, etc. I'm taking the list down to at least 1/3 of the sample reacting, i.e. 6 individuals, and the list is in descending order. The 50% mark is at Brazil Nuts:

Chicken egg
Egg yolk
Egg white
Cow's milk
Fermented milk cheese
Kefir (fermented milk)
Ricotta cheese
Cooked milk
Quail egg
Goose egg
Whey/rennet
Gluten
Aspergillus niger
Agar-agar E 406
Brazil nut
Peanuts
Baker's yeast
Vanilla
Barley
Brussels sprouts
Rye
Oats
Wheat
Orange
Bolete
Red algae (nori)
Spelt
Pineapple
Oyster

I understand that quite a few people eat Brazil nuts for the selenium. Maybe that's not such a good idea!

Interestingly, more people are reactive to Rye and Oats than Wheat itself, though Gluten is much higher at 60%.

Again, notice that it is eggs and dairy that tops the list. 16 of the 18 cannot tolerate eggs/yolks.

ADDED:
I decided to give the WHOLE list of foods that peeps in our 18 member sample react to even if there is only a few of them reacting. So, here's the rest starting with at least 5 people reactive, going down to 1:

Ginger
Green peas
Banana
Mussel
Aloe Vera
Green cabbage
Goat's milk
Sheep's cheese
Halloumi
Khorasan wheat /Kamut
Garlic
Guar gum
Camel milk
Yellow soy
Almond
Plaice
Kale
Red cabbage
Leek
Cherry
Asparagus
Corn
Honey mix
Horseradish
Mustard seeds
Mandarin
Poppy
Lime
Buckwheat
Avocado
Agave syrup
Halibut
Broccoli
Cumin
Pear
Macadamia
Radish
Capers
Onion
Grapefruit
Apricot
Celery
Carrot
Watercress
Kohlrabi
Chicken
Fennel
Plum
Raspberry
Cashew
Sage
Sunflower seed
Strawberry
Paprika
Flax
Eel
Spinach
Sorbic acid E200
Calamari/squid
Apple
Spirulina
Mare's milk
Lentils
Red beet
Cardamome
Tuna
Green soy
White cabbage
Amaranth
Chestnut
Nectarin
Lemon
Black pepper
Coalfish
Artichoke
Fig
Fractal
Dates
Guava
Camomile
Kiwi
Tapioca
Green Tea
Zucchini
Cranberry
Lovage
Fava bean
Eggplant
Parsnip
Melon
Summer savory
Peach
Cep
Rutabaga
Tomato
Prickly pear
Cucumber
Lamb's lettuce
Potato
Habanero pepper
Bell pepper
Green beans
Pistachio
Benzoic acid E210
Herring
Shark
Anchovy
Lollo Rosso lettuce
Marjoram
Black Tea
Rooibos
Rocket/arugula
Crawfish
Papaya
Blackberry/Mulberry
White pepper
Eglantine / Wild Rose
Red currant
Cinnamon
Scampi/prawns
Chives
Litchi
Thyme
Grape
Anise
Cauliflower
Chicory
Mango
Pectin E440
Monkfish
Saffron
Juniper berries
Wild Garlic
Mint
Celery branch
Chickpeas
Blackcurrant
Berries misc.
Panga/sheatfish/silurid fish
Tragacanth E413
Sea buckthorn
Romaine lettuce
Perch
Iceberg lettuce
Sesame
Pumpkin/Winter squash
Girolle
Octopus
Parsley
Millet
Xanthan gum
Beef
Jalapeno pepper
Pomegranate
Shiitake
Hazelnut
Water Melon
Bamboo shoots
Lobster
Pumpkin seeds

I guess the moral of the story is: there could be ONE thing you are eating that is sabotaging your health. More likely, it is half a dozen or so.

Interesting! Is the test expensive?

I definitely react to dairy, but not as bad as I do to gluten. I haven't felt any negative reactions to eggs, though, and I find they usually energize me efficiently. Puck often reacts to egg whites and butter, which he believes make his ears leak fluid and itch.

Now, how about the list of foods that nobody reacted to, that MIGHT be generally thought safe? Obviously, that is a tentative statement as we only have a limited sample. Anyway, here they are:

Trout
Mackerel
Duck
Lavender
Walnut
Cod
Endive
Pine nut
Oyster mushroom
Haddock
Salmon
Swiss chard
Carob
Bass
Dandelion
Vine leaf
Quail
Radicchio
Citronella
Nutmeg
Gilthead bream
Tannin
Cocoa
Carrageenans E407
Caraway seed
Sardine
Dill
Goose
Nettle
Rosemary
Red snapper
Cloves
Cilantro
Hot pepper
Chervil
Laurel
Fonio
Oregano
Sole
Coconut
Zander
Okra
Quinoa
Venison
Rabbit
Pollock
Chili
Scallop
Basil
Rice
Rhubarb
Curcumin E100
Arrowroot
Olives
Sugar cane
Quince
Jerusalem artichoke
Hare
Mirabelle plum
Pork
Lettuce
Citronat/Grapefruit seed oil?
Turkey
Goat
Sweet Potato
Wild Boar
Carp
Swordfish
Paris mushroom
Alfalfa
Veal
Deer
Molokhia
Blueberry
Coffee
Maple syrup
Teff
Lupin
Ostrich
Lamb
Manioc

Obviously, this is a very French listing of foods tested and wherever you live, the list of foods will be adjusted to that locale.

Here's mine:

Brazil nut
Guar gum
Vanilla
Macadamia
Ginger
Cherry
Kiwi
Agave syrup
Chicken egg

Crawfish
Barley
Aloe Vera
Capers
Egg white
Banana
Egg yolk
Aspergillus niger
Orange
Panga/sheatfish/silurid fish
Cardamome
Cumin

Except for barley, I can supposedly tolerate all grains, with gluten and gluten-free, and all dairy. But, I know it's not quite true. I don't get a horrible reaction, but I feel it mainly psychologically and a bit in the digestive tract. And I have problems with eating too many carbs, in the way that Laura explained. Sometimes joint aches if I eat any night shades. So yeah, I DID wonder about having pizza and ravioli again, or a yogurt every day (I miss that!) but decided not to for other reasons. ;D

The biggest surprise was vanilla, and the fact that eggs (even the yolks!) were SO bad for most people.

I haven't had a caper in about 20 years, and don't remember ever eating crawfish. As for the Brazil nuts, I hardly had any in the last two years. So, it's not a matter of how much you've eaten.

Note: what was tested was IgG antibodies, so this is about "intolerances" (delayed and hidden reactions), not "allergies" (immediate reaction). It's funny to see what may be affecting people without their knowledge. Things like vanilla, aloe vera, brussels sprouts, seriously???!!!

:O :shock: :jawdrop:

That is certainly food for thought!!

I'm starting to eat a variety of miscellaneous things in preparation for this test. I found IgG antibodies (Food Allergy Testing) in the catalog of the place where Joe suggested taking the heavy metals tests in urine:

_http://microtraceminerals.com/fileadmin/catalog2011/ (page 12).

Ginger? Aloe vera? Spirulina?

That is crazy!!

This image should give an idea of what this test covers (look for IgG):

Allergy_Graphic.png

I am one of the people who took the test, and my results are

Egg white
Chicken egg
Cow's milk

Agar-agar E 406
Egg yolk :shock:
Fermented milk cheese
Kefir (fermented milk)
Quail egg
Sheep's cheese
Cooked milk
Goat's milk
Goose egg

Ricotta cheese
Strawberry :cry:
Flax
Halloumi :cry:
Whey/rennet

Red algae (nori)
Xanthan gum
Summer savory
Peanuts
Mussel :cry:
Mint :cry:
Orange :cry:
Baker's yeast
Spirulina :shock:
Oyster :cry:

I am allergic to eggs and most dairy, but for me it doesn't show any allergy to gluten and grains in general, which was the most surprising :shock: I still won't eat wheat and most grains because they make me feel very bad when I do (body pains, especially shoulders and neck, and I feel depressed and unmotivated when I eat them). So I don't know why they affect me negatively but the blood test doesn't show any allergic reaction to them. It might be related to an ability to digest them? I have no clue. But there are cases of gluten sensitivity where doesn't show in blood tests.

Another thing that it is interesting is the allergy to spirulina. Does that mean that I am also allergic to Chlorella too and perhaps all algae (red algae is also in my list above)? Only those two were tested. From some online research it seems that Spirulina and chlorella are different in many respects but they both are algae:

http://www.detoxyourworld.com/The-Difference-Between-Chlorella-and-Spirulina

I don't know, I will have to do some elimination and re-introduction testing to find out, because I take chlorella every day for the HM detox.

And did you see I am allergic halloumi?! I come from the only country in the world that makes it! I thought all Cypriots were made of 1/3 wine, 1/3 souvlaki and 1/3 halloumi :lol: So there it goes the theory about eating traditional foods.

All in all I found the test very interesting, and other than the few weird ones (like mint) I knew deep down that I was allergic to them. Now that I have the confirmation, I'll just stop eating them all strictly for at least 6 months to see what difference it will make to how my body feels, my levels of energy, my mood, etc.

The Egg yolk issue which seems common is quite upsetting :nuts: seeing as i'm eating 2 a day; i've never noticed a reaction or any negative effects but considering the comments, it doesn't appear to be very obvious what you are intolerant to.

My food intake is fairly limited to: Ketogenic food and what's on offer. So sometimes i can eat prawns/cray fish, other times i'll get lots of discounted lamb. Other than that it's a few different vegetables and cured meat/pate/rillette/terrine; but with everything that's been posted so far, even these could be problematic. For the moment though, i'll follow the discussion and carry on with even closer attention, not that i'm confident i'll spot anything!

It'll be interesting to see where this goes!! :whistle:

Thanks for sharing though :)

Alana said:
So I don't know why they affect me negatively but the blood test doesn't show any allergic reaction to them. It might be related to an ability to digest them? I have no clue. But there are cases of gluten sensitivity where doesn't show in blood tests.

Yeah, it might be that the immune reaction is not IgG related. Might be immune complexes and/or that gluten is down right evil even for those who don't have genetic or immune predisposition. Could be the lectins, which typically don't require genetic susceptibility.

Nevertheless, it is pretty interesting to see how these tests come positive to stuff that we thought was great!

I had the most food allergies of everyone who took the test. 102 in total.

Here is the list in descending order of reactivity...

Quail egg
Egg white
Chicken egg
Egg yolk
Goose egg
Red cabbage

Horseradish
Carrot
Radish
Fennel
Leek
Brussels sprouts
Kohlrabi
Celery
Corn
Zucchini
Asparagus
Cherry
Broccoli
Fractal
Apricot
Rutabaga
Nectarin
Artichoke
Parsnip
Cucumber
Tomato

Tragacanth E413
Mandarin
Flax
White cabbage
Peach
Kale
Dates
Chestnut
Paprika
White pepper
Lamb's lettuce
Guava
Potato
Rye
Raspberry
Plum
Chicken
Apple
Green cabbage
Cow's milk
Oats
Parsley

Pumpkin/Winter squash
Melon
Bamboo shoots
Wheat
Gluten
Lobster
Lime
Green peas
Pineapple
Bell pepper
Celery branch
Lovage
Brazil nut
Cranberry
Black pepper
Kiwi
Fava bean
Iceberg lettuce
Pomegranate
Ricotta cheese
Millet
Garlic
Green beans
Onion
Peanuts
Fermented milk cheese
Eggplant
Water Melon
Strawberry
Camomile
Agar-agar E 406
Sage
Lemon
Grapefruit
Orange
Chives
Baker's yeast
Pear
Habanero pepper
Whey/rennet
Romaine lettuce
Cooked milk
Papaya
Chicory
Avocado
Fig
Kefir (fermented milk)
Sorbic acid E200
Rocket/arugula
Grape
Spelt

Here is a list of the foods that I reacted to:

Chicken eggs and yolks in particular
Brazil nuts (until now my source of selenium) :(
Quail eggs

chicken egg whites
cows milk
eel
goose eggs
ginger :(
spirulina

fermented milk cheeses
garlic :(
cashew nuts

kefir (fermented milk)
ricotta cheese
halloumi
cooked milk
baker's yeast
watercress
monkfish
rennet

Interesting that none of these came up in the elimination testing done a few years ago, and some of the OK ones did!

As Chu said:
Note: what was tested was IgG antibodies, so this is about "intolerances" (delayed and hidden reactions), not "allergies" (immediate reaction). It's funny to see what may be affecting people without their knowledge.
The difference is between immediate reactions (pulse testing - which I used in the elimination testing) and delayed and hidden reactions. So it may be a case of putting the two together. We shall see.

Here's mine:

Chicken egg
Egg white
Egg yolk
Quail egg
Goose egg

Rye
Avocado
Wheat
Bolete

Brazil nut
Peanut
Gluten
Brussels sprouts
Apple
Red cabbage
Broccoli
Rooibos
Orange
Honey mix
Horseradish
Carrot
Kohlrabi
Fig
Red algae (nori)
Spelt
Raspberry
Blackcurrant
Kamut
Pumpkin seeds

Cow's milk
Vanilla
Fermented milk cheese
Garlic
Green peas
Kefir (fermented milk)
Ricotta cheese
Barley
Cooked milk
Spinach
Yellow soy
Almond
Plaice
Green cabbage
Whey/rennet
Agar-agar E 406
Kale
Leek
Mare's milk
Cumin
Red beet
Cherry
Pear
Macadamia
Radish
Asparagus
Blackberry/Mulberry
White cabbage
Onion
Grapefruit
Apricot
Celery
Chestnut
Eglantine / Wild Rose
Red currant
Nectarin
Artichoke
Chicken
Mandarin
Guava
Fennel
Cauliflower
Plum
Mango
Cashew
Zucchini
Lovage
Eggplant
Juniper berries
Parsnip
Wild Garlic
Melon
Sage
Pineapple
Strawberry
Peach
Paprika
Rutabaga
Tomato
Prickly pear
Cucumber
Buckwheat
Lamb's lettuce
Potato
Beef
Jalapeno pepper
Bell pepper
Shiitake
Green beans

My list is a little longer than the average (I had 98 reactions). I was pretty surprised by the beef and green beans. But I CAN have veal...go figure! Well, if all else fails, I can live off of lobster, which apparently is very good for me. :D

Here is my rather small list, the least reactive of everyone in the sample.

Anis

Calemari /Squid
Gluten
Poppy

Rye
Wheat
Aspergillus Niger (fungus)
Hazelnut

Apparently I have the foodie resiliance of a cockroach. In my teens I tested positive for milk allergy after my skin on arms and legs came loose and could be pulled off, milk was determined the reason! But here, nothing. Back then I also tested positive for tomato allergy. Consuming milk these days will give me an almost immediate reaction, maybe only if I know it as a psychosomatic thing?

Only one dream I can remember having dreamt about (7 years ago) had foodstuff in it, and it was Anis, : I was at Mont St.Michel and being chased, on my way out on the other side of the bridge I passed a street vendor and I thought that some anis (and cinnamon) based drink would be a nice make-up present for my parents, for the years I had been a disappointment to them... Not sure what to make of it.

Back
Top Bottom