Fox's new show "Fringe"

gdpetti

Jedi Council Member
Another Fox show based in secret government research programs... such as their 2000? "Dark Angel" series. Repeats Sunday night in the USA. And Fox put out "Jumper" as well which delt with teleportation and Nephilim like enforcers with those EM discharge type devices the police forces find so helpful these days... can't think of the name of them...Tasers, that's it... as the C's mentioned as well. Also, Fox was the studio that was about to showcase that 9-11 type tv show only a little too close to the real event so it seems to have been shelved. Hmmm... seems some of the best intel is always found amidst the 'enemies' products these days.

gdpetti said:
And Fox put out "Jumper" as well which delt with teleportation and Nephilim like enforcers with those EM discharge type devices the police forces find so helpful these days... can't think of the name of them...Tasers, that's it... as the C's mentioned as well.

The C's said EM type gizmos were used on the Nephilim, or the Nephilim used such devices? I'm going to have to look into that, that's interesting.

I don't have the sessions in front of me but I recall the C's saying the Nephilim would be using stun weapons. Whether these weapons are similar to stun batons or instead use projectiles to stun their victims I'm not sure. Perhaps someone with the sessions handy could confirm for us what the C's said?

Session 941104
Q: (L) What kind of weapons do the Nephilim use to do their
"enforcing?"
A: Stun guns.
Q: (L) Do they actually use some kind of material weapon?
A: Yes.

Well, that "Jumper" film was interesting in that regard with the use of taser like weapons, but more so for the aspect of teleportation. The real problem the jumpers had was the inability to access the situation before arrival on the scene jumped to. This aspect the C's referenced in that in 4d one can wait (in the antimatter realm I suppose) and check out the lay of the land before actually appearing in form.

As for "Fringe", it's just another nice visual aid in getting a glimpse into the type of weapons/research done behind the curtain, which no doubt has plenty of nice toys to use in controlling the crowd once riled up by manmade and natural events. "Jumper" provides a similiar visual aid for trying to understand aspects of 4d in regards to teleportation. The second book in that series does give a little glimpse in bilocation aspects which were interesting... though the writing isn't the greatest. As for "Fringe", it's like that tv show "Dark Angel" in showing some of the technology in the testing/research/etc phase, even if certain aspects of it don't make sense in regards to some esoteric information on death, the soul etc. I just like the helpful visual aids.

I'd put about as much stock in movies as I would the Bible, some truth, some lies. I find the most accurate knowledge is one can confirm oneself.

gdpetti said:
Well, that "Jumper" film was interesting in that regard with the use of taser like weapons, but more so for the aspect of teleportation.

Hello Gdpetti,

You've received a couple of moderation's messages asking you to clarify different points relating to your previous posts.

So, before dealing further with teleportation, antimatter and bilocation you might have the courtesy to answer those questions.

I have actually had occasion to see a few episodes from the beginning of this series recently and a few things strike me. First - it is incredibly violent - so much so that I have to turn away from the screen at least four times per episode. The fact that this is what is now acceptable as prime time television speaks volumes about this society's desensitization toward violence.

Secondly, it appears to be a vehicle to disseminate information about black budget research and capabilities, under the guise of 'homeland security' versus the standard FBI, that the X-Files used.

This will sound unbelievable, but, many years ago, I was acquainted through my workplace with a computer systems technician who was ex secret service. One is never ex secret service as he explained, but he resigned after Carter left the White House due to the repulsion he felt toward Regan and had quite a few comments to make about Regan's behavior behind closed doors. It's a long story, complete with men in suits who shadowed him very obviously when he would visit our location to provide computer service - but - suffice it to say that one of the things he discussed with me was that the X-Files was a deliberate vehicle for dissemination of information to prepare the populace to accept certain truths at some point in time.

He said there were different factions at work and that the goal of that show was to disseminate information in a passive way to educate those who would pick up on it.

Is that true - or any of what he told me true? I have no idea, but, considering how many of the things he mentioned that I later found out were true, I think it's plausible. Or perhaps, he was a 'plant', as it were.

Anyway, this show appears to be the same thing. It's unfortunate that it's so gory - I've yet to see an episode where someone doesn't explode, melt or die in a very bloody, gruesome way. I have not enjoyed watching it, and find it to be rather mentally invasive (though I don't watch much TV, so perhaps all of it is mentally invasive to this extent these days) but it is obvious that whoever wrote this script has information about black budget projects and the corporate control of society.

I can't say that I would recommend this program - despite the themes and information, it is dark and desensitizing and appears to twist normal human reactions in a way I find extremely disconcerting. But, with all that said, it does appear to be disseminating a very certain type of information. Watching those episodes reminded me strongly why I don't watch television anymore.

anart said:
...suffice it to say that one of the things he discussed with me was that the X-Files was a deliberate vehicle for dissemination of information to prepare the populace to accept certain truths at some point in time.

He said there were different factions at work and that the goal of that show was to disseminate information in a passive way to educate those who would pick up on it.

Well, speaking of The X-Files as a vehicle for the dissemination of information...

I am working my way through the "Mythology" episodes of the series. I hadn't watched the series when it came out. In episodes broadcast in March 1998, they are talking about the colonization of the earth by the aliens.A woman who is a multiple abductee is feeling the call to be somewhere, but she doesn't yet know where it is going to be. She has this feeling prior to her abductions.

To get across this weird, intangible link she has with the aliens, she makes thumbprints on a windowpane in her room... in the shape of Cassiopeia. From then on, there are regular inserts during the shows of the sky with Cassiopeia highlighted.

Of course, the aliens are evil.

Well fringe has some interesting stuff,observers is one of them.I think that they want to put in the series collision of the worlds so to call,the new reality,it reminds me of the coming wave in some sense.

Well, I watched a few episodes of Fringe and thought it was really very bad. Bad script, bad, unconvincing actors, and the fringe science is mostly unbelievable. Not surprising given that it is Fox

Perceval said:
Well, I watched a few episodes of Fringe and thought it was really very bad. Bad script, bad, unconvincing actors, and the fringe science is mostly unbelievable. Not surprising given that it is Fox
I concur. I just saw the pilot yesterday, and was unimpressed. No intrigue, no mystery that makes you care about solving it, human relationships are so shallow and unrealistic, no real emotion (kinda creepy how "wrong" their emotions are, actually), etc. All good movies/shows understand that any kind of special effects or scientific stuff has to be in the background of believable human relationships and experiences. If you can't relate to anyone, and people are all fake with nonsensical emotions and relationships or dilemmas, then no amount of special effects or sci-fi makes it interesting. Get the human element right or bust! What would star trek be if not for its awesome exploration of human nature? It would suck, that's what! Anyone can draw spaceships and lasers, that's boring.

SAO said:
All good movies/shows understand that any kind of special effects or scientific stuff has to be in the background of believable human relationships and experiences. If you can't relate to anyone, and people are all fake with nonsensical emotions and relationships or dilemmas, then no amount of special effects or sci-fi makes it interesting. Get the human element right or bust!

Maybe the show is indicative of the true emotional level of US society in general. I dunno, I don't live there and have had limited experience of the average American mind (although I can say that what experience I have had of the average American mind has been rather uninspiring). Maybe other members who live in the US can give more objective insights into that subject. I am actively assuming that most of the American minds here are far from average! ;)

Back
Top Bottom