French serial-killer EXPERT Stéphane Bourgoin - a serial liar.

Debra

Dagobah Resident
A News "Scrolling banner" that I caught a few days ago, just shown once, at 4 am.
These kinds of stories give me a little glimmer that there are still Good things happening as well.
I wonder how many more of these Manipulators and Liars are being EXPOSED during this House Arrest?
Kudos to the Anonymous collective the 4ème Oeil Corporation!

French serial-killer expert admits serial lies, including murder of imaginary wife
Stéphane Bourgoin, whose books about murderers have sold millions, says he invented much of his experience, including training with FBI
Alison Flood
Last modified on Wed 13 May 2020 19.30 BST

Stephane Bourgoin in 2008.
‘My lies have weighed me down’ … Stéphane Bourgoin in 2008.
Photograph: Eric Fougere/Corbis via Getty Images

An online investigation has exposed French author Stéphane Bourgoin, whose books about serial killers have sold millions of copies in France, as a serial liar.

Bourgoin is the author of more than 40 books and is widely viewed as a leading expert on murderers, having hosted a number of French television documentaries on the subject. He has claimed to have interviewed more than 70 serial killers, trained at the FBI’s base in Quantico, Virginia, and that his own wife was murdered in 1976, by a man who confessed to a dozen murders on his arrest two years later.

But in January, anonymous collective the 4ème Oeil Corporation accused him of lying about his past, and Bourgoin has now admitted to the French press that the wife never existed. He also acknowledged that he never trained with the FBI, never interviewed Charles Manson, met far fewer killers than he has previously claimed, and never worked as a professional footballer – another claim he had made.

“My lies have weighed me down,” he told Paris Match last week in his first interview about the accusations. “I have arrived at the balance-sheet time.”

In a wide-ranging interview with Le Parisien on Tuesday, he went further, describing himself as a mythomaniac. “I completely admit my faults. I am ashamed to have lied, to have concealed things,” Bourgoin said.

The wife he had said was murdered never existed, he admitted, saying that she was drawn from a young woman called Susan Bickrest, who he briefly met in a Florida bar. In 1975, 24-year-old Bickrest was murdered by the serial killer Gerald Stano, who later admitted to killing 41 women and was executed in 1998.

“It was bullshit that I took on,” Bourgoin told Le Parisien. “I didn’t want people to know the real identity of someone who was not my partner, but someone who I had met five or six times in Daytona Beach, and who I liked.”

Bourgoin told Le Figaro that he felt he needed psychological counselling, and that “all these lies are absolutely ridiculous, because if we objectively take stock of my work, I think it was enough in itself”. He said he had exaggerated and lied about his life because he had always felt he was not really loved.

“I am profoundly and sincerely sorry. I am ashamed of what I did, it’s absolutely ridiculous,” he said.
edit: link added

Here is something I found kinda Bizarre, or just a strange coincidence with this case.

Some of you may be familiar with this woman's work, Dr. Micki Pistorius.
She is a South African psychologist, author, and journalist and an editor of Premium Ancient-Origins site, who resides in Mauritius .
I have her book, Heroes & Warriors: Where Psychology Meets Mythology, and when I was studying Paul Ekman's work, I remember reading "Catch me a Killer" back in 2010/11.
She is really into unraveling the psychological interpretation of ancient stories and myths as templates of our lives.
Very similar to Dr Jordan Peterson's work, from what I have learned, so far.

Anyway, the creepy, Creep Stéphane Bourgoin, in the article above, plagerized her life, and her work.
4ème Oeil Corporation went after the truth about him, in HER defense.
Here is a letter she wrote to the 4ème Oeil Corporation Facebook page:

May 16, 2020
hello,
An email we received this morning and makes us happy:

I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the members of 4eme Oeil Corporation for championing my cause. They are admirable.
They were in continuous and constant communication with me and respected my privacy.
Their investigation and tenacity led to the unmasking of an individual who to my great concern, was deceiving the French public and media by claiming many of my personal experiences as his own, by disrespecting the hard work of dedicated South African detectives, as expressed in my autobiography “Catch Me a Killer” and by dishonoring the memory of victims of serial killers by turning their suffering into a mockery.

I would also like to use this opportunity to extend my gratitude to the loyal readers of my books and thank them for their continued support. It means so much to me.

Dr Micki Pistorius author and profiler.

Back
Top Bottom