Front door unable to lock

SHNAGFNAY

Jedi Master
I had these dreams since I was a teenager and still have them.

So the setting is usually played out in the apartment where I live or I am somewhere else with my furniture spread out. I walk to the front door and discover it isn't locked, and I can't lock it even when I turn the lock, and I feel anxious to get it locked. Sometimes there are people outside the door and some people have even tried getting inside with me holding the door shut.

Last time I dreamt one of these dreams there were some kids running down the staircase outside my door and I explained to them that the door wont lock so they gave me a tool to bend the bolt out since it was too short to lock but it didn't work.

In real life I always lock the door and after waking up having these dreams I sometimes go check the actual real door to make sure it is locked.

Does anyone else have similar dreams and what does it mean?

It depends on the conditions of your life at the time of the dream.

But if I had to venture a guess, the message clearly depicts invasion and permeable boundaries, not sure if certain aspects of your life are in need of some revision of your boundaries, a door unlocked while danger looms near is a boundary that his outside of your control, and as such permeable as it might as well not be there.

So, perhaps mediate on that thought?

So, perhaps mediate on that thought?

Perhaps it is mental or psychic boundaries. Because I have no idea what these dreams could mean otherwise. The only thing I can think of is that I have two times been careless with my master keys. But these dreams started way back before that.

Perhaps it is mental or psychic boundaries. Because I have no idea what these dreams could mean otherwise. The only thing I can think of is that I have two times been careless with my master keys. But these dreams started way back before that.
Then it might be more of a psychological issue, with boundaries being what they are, they need to be established and maintained overtime so that they remain healthy.

It's like taking care of a fence or a front door, the first thing one ought to try to ensure is that one's boundaries are under one's agency as much as possible. And sometimes one is not aware of the fact that these boundaries are not under one's control and your subconscious could be attempting to tell you this.

It could be family, inter personal relations, work or anything really.

I did a quick search on the forum and found this thread that might expand a bit on what I am trying to convey: Boundaries: When to say yes, how to say no to take control of your life.https://cassiopaea.org/forum/thread...to-say-no-to-take-control-of-your-life.50137/

I've had similar dreams about trying to lock a door but not being able to. Last week I had a dream somewhat similar to this where I notice the front door is unlocked and I see strangers outside the house but this time I lock the door before they try to get in.

A couple or so days after this dream I found myself in a situation (minus strangers outside the door) in real life that made me reflect back on this dream. I was in the same house as in the dream. The front door was left unlocked for an extended period of time for a particular reason that I wasn't really comfortable with and eventually I locked the front door.

It's like taking care of a fence or a front door, the first thing one ought to try to ensure is that one's boundaries are under one's agency as much as possible. And sometimes one is not aware of the fact that these boundaries are not under one's control and your subconscious could be attempting to tell you this.

It could be family, inter personal relations, work or anything really.

I did a quick search on the forum and found this thread that might expand a bit on what I am trying to convey: Boundaries: When to say yes, how to say no to take control of your life.https://cassiopaea.org/forum/thread...to-say-no-to-take-control-of-your-life.50137/

Could you further clarify what you mean by the part that's in bold above?

Could you further clarify what you mean by the part that's in bold above?
Sure,

Sometimes we believe we're in control of our boundaries, when in fact we're not.. We perhaps believe that we're capable of saying no when we mean it, or saying yes when it's adequate. But in some instances, it's a lot harder than it seems, the limits of what we find acceptable in terms of human interaction aren't always drawn up clearly.

When this is the case, one can end up in all sorts of trouble or in uncomfortable situations by not being able to deny someone access to our lives, or by being too invasive in someone's space (it goes both ways), or end up living with situations that crossed the appropriate and healthy. Or not be sure when someone is welcome into our lives or not.

In this sense, what I meant was that the subconscious could be signaling that it's time to meditate about them, and if it is found that there's a lack of clear delimitation of boundaries, then it may be time to establish some. Not to close oneself up to the world and be walled inside these boundaries, but to be able to consciously choose when to let someone in (and how far), after they've earned a spot in our lives.

I hope the above made sense.

An update. Now my actual lock has got problems to my apartment. For a month or so it has not been able to lock smoothly, but I have to push the door in. The result was that a week ago when I was going to lock, I turned the lock several times but it was not possible to lock the door. I spun and spun, nothing. My sealing strips on the door were replaced many months ago and it causes the door to push out a little, so to be able to lock I have to close the door harder inwards. It has worn on the lock.

An update. Now my actual lock has got problems to my apartment. For a month or so it has not been able to lock smoothly, but I have to push the door in. The result was that a week ago when I was going to lock, I turned the lock several times but it was not possible to lock the door. I spun and spun, nothing. My sealing strips on the door were replaced many months ago and it causes the door to push out a little, so to be able to lock I have to close the door harder inwards. It has worn on the lock.
I think the idea of psychological boundaries is important, so I hesitated to share this.

Some years ago, our outer garage door had a big window in it, and our inner garage door wouldn’t stay latched sometimes.

After our baby was born (probably early 2011) I was ruminating sometimes about the state of the world, the Mayan calendar, etc. At that time I had been familiar with this forum for only a few years (had read the wave and amazing grace once through, but still very early on the path to knowledge.)

Anyway, in part due to the specific anxiety of recession, overall societal violence, and the inklings of the real possibility of food insecurity, I had a set of dreams where intruders burst into our house through the inner garage door.

We got a new knob and lock for the interior and replaced the exterior with a door with a small window at the very top.

The dreams went away.

And so, as Freud might say, sometimes a broken lock means fix your door 😉

And so, as Freud might say, sometimes a broken lock means fix your door 😉
Yes. Its fixed now. It would be silly if my dream meant just that my door would be bugging me for a little while now after all these years of dreaming. I am typing in English if anyone wonders why my writing style changes, because I been translating lately from Swedish. Rather I tend to think that the dream means that we live in a world full of scamming and hacking, so you should not just have a secure door to your place, but you should have secure software or else they slow down and break into your computer or something.

Back
Top Bottom