Ghost ship discovered in the Italian waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appollynon

Jedi Master
I liked this story found on the Russian news service Pravda (though I don't usually put to much credence in this particular website), as it reminded me of something the C's said about strange/ out of place "ships" appearing more and more the closer the wave gets. It's a genuine oddity and when I first read it thought that maybe it could be a ship from another reality or time.

Link here: http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/24-08-2006/84065-ghost_ship-0

A ghost ship was discovered in the Italian waters near the shore. Coastguards spotted a double-mast 22-meter sailing ship cruising around near the Porto Rotondo resort but not giving any signs of life.

The vessel had no name and no flags. It also appeared to be free of any crew members, or any living thing at all for that matter. To add to the mystery Italian media sources reported that ships of this kind are not registered anywhere in Sardinia. And besides, no one has seen anything like it in all Italy.
After searching the ship's cabins coastguards discovered French maps of North African seas, a flag of Luxemburg, Egyptian food leftovers and a wooden tablet in bad Italian that said "Bel' Amica" (with only one "l" instead of two), which translates into English as "Beautiful Friend."
The ship's appearances point to the fact that it is very old but it seems to maintain ideal condition nonetheless. However, there is no indication that anyone had tried to rebuild the ship.

This is true as I have seen it on Italian TV the other day,

unfortunately I was in a caffe so I couldnt really hear what they were saying

Update on the story:

http://www.corriere.it/Primo_Piano/Cronache/2006/08_Agosto/24/veliero.shtml

it seems the boats owners have been traced, only two days after its discovery so its not a ghost ship after all

for those who dont know italian - in short thanks to the mobile phone which was found on the boat the coast guard have traced the owner Franc Rouayrux who is a citizen of Luxembourg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom