Gnosis Avalible - English and Spanish

Solie123

Jedi Council Member
I used the search engine on the forum to see if anyone had already posted a link to a free version on the Gnosis series, but I didn't come across anything.

I've been wanting to read the Gnosis series for a while now but the material has been so difficult to get my hands on. Surprisingly, in doing research in something completely unrelated, I came across this page [LINK REMOVED BY ADMINS] that has the Gnosis series in both English and Spanish!

I don't know how accurate the text is, but I grabbed myself a copy of all three books and saved them as a pdf to later pass over onto my kindle for reading.

I figured I would share it on the forum for any fellow English or Spanish speaker interested in reading Boris Mouravieff's material.

The links to the books are the very bottom of the page - and again, forgive for the noise if there's already a link for the material.

I modified your post to remove the links because as far as I know Mourvieff's work is copyrighted and available for sale on Amazon, even if its out of print there are still new and used copies available. We can't allow people to post links to unauthorized copies of copyrighted books. If on the other hand you have info you can share that authorizes the site you linked to publish the books then that's a different story.

http://www.amazon.com/Gnosis-Exoteric-Cycle-Commentaries-Tradition/dp/1872292100

Ohh.... :( I understand that. I don't see anything on the site that does authorize them to publish the books.

My apologies

The Spanish version is being sold at quite reasonable prices on Amazon:

_https://www.amazon.es/GNOSIS-ESOTERISMO-CRISTIANO-TOMO-I/dp/8461225317/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462441959&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=gnosis+mouravieff+esot%C3%A9rico

_https://www.amazon.es/GNOSIS-TOMO-CICLO-MESOT%C3%89RICO-COMENTARIOS/dp/8461398459/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462441959&sr=8-2&keywords=gnosis+mouravieff+esot%C3%A9rico

_https://www.amazon.es/GNOSIS-TOMO-III-comentarios-tradicci%C3%B3n/dp/8461398467/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462441959&sr=8-1&keywords=gnosis+mouravieff+esot%C3%A9rico

Some years back, when i had a website that gave free pdf versions of books, I had contacted the Mouravieff foundation in Belgium to ask their permission about the Gnosis books. One of Mouravieff's children, his son, had tld me that of course, if someone could afford the books, it was normal to PURCHASE them, either from their foundation or online sellers BUT FOR THOSE WHO COULD NOT AFFORD THEM, that it was something they offered, the free pdf versions? Now, this may have changed depending on the administration of the current foundation? Yet, I still have them for free on one of my websites, IN FRENCH, in the DOCS section:

[Mod note: Link removed. This forum does not support pirated material.] IF THIS CAN HELP SOMEONE, because it truly is an important work for all!

It would be nice if somebody could find these novels by Krzanowska:

Mouravieff said:
Gurdjieff has left a work which was published by his disciples first in English and later in French, called Beelzebub: Tales to his Grandson, subtitled ‘An Objectively Impartial Criticism of the Life of Man“. The reading of that immense interplanetary tale reminds us of the novels of Mrs. Krzanowska (Rochester), honored by the Academie Francaise. These were much in vogue among Russian youth before the first world war.

These also dealt with interplanetary trips and with excursions to the darkest unreachable past, as well as into the future beyond the XXIst. century. In these works, there was a real display of a very rich imagination as well as skillful and professional writing! When compared with such books as “The Magi”, “The Iron Chancellor of Ancient Egypt” or “The Arachnoid Web “, poor Beelzebub and his “All and Everything” are pretty thin and deserving of pity.

If we read these endless pages attentively - a boring task - we find about fifty interesting pages which perhaps can be grouped with the first category mentioned above. The rest is a heap of hocus-pocus coupled with the most lurid descriptions of extraordinary physical apparatus, for example, the invention of the ‘queue Piano’, which is about at the level of a ten-year-old child.

This work bears comparison with the novels of Krzanowska, as she used such themes as “The Fight of the Magi” and “Glimpses of Truth” well before Gurdjieff made his appearance in Moscow and Petrograd. Gurdjieff chose the same themes on which to base his ballets, although they never went beyond the stages of experimental works or preparatory rehearsals.

It would be nice if somebody could find these novels by Krzanowska:
From what I could find, the actual name of the writer Mouravieff was referring to is either spelled V. I. Kryžanovskaja or Kryzhanovskaya.

There is an entry for her in the Dictionary of Russian Woman Writers ( under her pseudonym: J.W. Rochester )
_Dictionary of Russian Women Writers

Goodreads entry: _V.I. Kryzhanovskaya

I have not been able to find any English translations of her works, although the Dictionary entry reveals that her works had been translated into English, French and Latvian at the beginning of the 20th century. Online, all that seems to be available are the Russian originals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom