Gold now available in wallet-sized “cards”

JGeropoulas

The Living Force
Here’s an way to own a little gold in a form that’s very ingenious--and definitely a “sign of the times.”

The CombiBar is approximately the size of a credit card and comes in a plastic holder with assay card. It is the world's first divisible gold bar. It is perforated into fifty 1-gram squares of .9999 pure gold, with a total weight of 1.6075 oz. The individual squares can be separated cleanly with your fingers, leaving no sharp edges. All fifty squares are struck with the weight, purity, and the assay mark, making them easy to exchange.

_http://www.startwithgold.com/about-gold/gold-bullion/gold-valcambi-combibar.php

I haven’t called to get a price for it, but given gold spot prices today, it would probably cost about $2,000, making each square worth $40.

Those cards are pretty cool. Thanks for the link, JG. Today's spot was $1261.27 making gold $46.20 per gram. The 50 gram card will set you back $2310. I can remember the days when gold was just $10/gram. Seems forever ago.

That is interesting, and would definitely be useful for local trades. Break me off a piece of that 'credit card'!

JGeropoulas said:
Here’s an way to own a little gold in a form that’s very ingenious--and definitely a “sign of the times.”

This was my thoughts too. We have a similar thing at the Australian Bullion Company, which comes in a 25 x 1g blister pack, more like a collector/presentation look. I have thought of buying some for convenience, sort of like having a $50 note to barter with rather than handing over a 1oz (28g) cast gold and getting no change. :huh:

Blast from the past as we return to our grandparents or great grandparents day when you talked about how many 'bits' things cost.... divisible by 8 per... 2 bits... that was grandma's bid in "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray... used to hear that sometimes in old movies.

Back
Top Bottom