Good VS Evil

T

TonyK

Hi , I have been checking out the this site for awhile and this is my first post and I wanted to put up this picture that I took back in the 90's and get a reaction, comments etc from the SOTT readers.I have tried to get this on coast to coast am site but they never replied back but let me know what you guys think of this picture,thanks Tony

this is what I sent them .
Description of incident: I took a picture of this old portrait of my father, that was hanging on the wall in his families house in Portugal .I went there on vacation back in the yearly 90's.So when I developed the pictures I notice some pretty wild bizarre images next to his face of what look like _________.I can see it as plain as day let me know if you guys see the same.

thanks, Tony

dad3.jpg

On the left side I can vaguely make out a 2-dimentional almost pencil-drawing type cartoon-like face looking in from the edge of the picture. On the right just a garbled mess that makes no coherent sense to me (later on it began to look like a slightly hunched over humanoid insect). But the face on the left seems to have 2 horns or something big on the head.

The problem with things like that is once you get an idea of what you think is there, your mind can often stop looking at all the details that contradict this idea and only sees the lines/parts that correspond to your mental idea of what should be there. Like seeing shapes in the clouds or ink blots. So every time you look at it you see what you wanna see.

This kinda reminds me of listening to recorded speech of people, but backwards. You might not make any sense of it, but once someone tells you what THEY think it sounds like, and you listen to it again with that idea in mind you can say "oooh yeah!" even though before it made no sense. But now you're subjectively altering what you hear to sort of fit your preconceived notion of what you expect to hear, and so what IS begins to merge with your expectation/anticipation and you may mistake it for objective reality when it might be anything but.

I think a better idea is not to say anything about what you see and just ask if anyone sees anything particularly interesting or odd about this picture and see what you get. This way you don't plant suggestions which can greatly influence what we see, osit.

So right now I can't trust what I'm seeing because of the suggestion, since my imagination could easily be fitting square pegs in round holes to create what I'm seeing - in fact, I suspect this is what is happening.

Mmm i see a grey-esque alien on the left and kinda a feral type thing on the right. I wouldn't say either represents good or evil to me.

On the left I can see a humanoid face, on the right I can see a lion face.

On the right I see a short bearded face, very clear. Wearing a hood or has long hair.

On the left I see a face with big eyes, but lots of white and small pupils, also has an asymetrical face, crooked nose etc.

The one on the left looks evil, the one on the right looks good ;)

Well my girlfriend and I saw a couple of different things and I will explain.lol as best as possible.
The shadow on the left(the father's right hand side)looks to me of a woman or at least male with feminine qualities,sort of at a 45 degrees.almost looking as whispering in his ear.
On the left I can't escape out of the grip of seeing somone looking up in anger,defeat almost.Or a "why hast thou forsaken me" look to it.
Discerning the nature of the 2, good/evil seems to be almost still in question if you get my drift.the one whispering could be helping in a good direction or feeding evil to his head.Brings alot to the table as far as how our mind percieves things at first glance.

The bearded guy on the right strikes me as wearing an old fashioned hat with a band around in, the thing on the left though sorta looking like a grey looks more to me like there is condensation between the glass and the photo - if indeed it is framed and under glass. I think though to really present this apporpriately you should describe if the portrait is under glass, whether or not the original had a glossy or mat finish, the type of camera you were using - not so much the name brand but the kind of film it used like 35mm, whether the camera was manual and if so the kind of lens used. The apporximate distance you were from the portrait when you took the picture. Oh, and where the picture was developed would be good too. I know that perhaps sounds like a lot to ask, but I remember a math problem I had in a hish school physics class that stuck with me. The problem had to deal with taking a photo of a painting that was made entirely out dots - I don't remember what the painting is called but if you ever saw the movie ferris bueller's day off it is the painting that cameron stares at in the movie for the longest time. Anyway, getting back to the problem - it basically went along the lines of how far would you have to be from the painting for the photo not to show the dots when it was developed. I don't remember the actual answer, but I remember I was shocked at just how far it was ... it was a lot farther than what it would be far a human with absolutely perfect vision. A camera can catch imperfections in the glass that are invisible to humans. Now if you say took the picture of the portrait without it being under glass and it had a mat finish and didn't use a flash then hey perhaps you got something here. Also the picture is far too pixelated, like a jpeg that has been too compressed ... but since it is so pixelated it makes me a bit suspicious. Scanning the photo again at a super high resolution and saving it in a "lossless" format might be a better idea - without being able to see the actual photo I can only speculate how much of what I'm seeing *might* be visible on the photo and how much of it is a result of the compression used by whatever program you used ... I don't bring any of that up to give you a hard time, but if you want to bring it to the media it would be good form to address all that - though as far as the media is concerned the reporters probably wouldn't care, but the people who read/see the story would be able to take you more seriously.

But getting back to what I see in the photo - the bearded guy looks almost like two overlapping images - one staring out at the viewer with his mouth open while simultaneously looking to "it's" right at your father - that is really interesting to me, and it would be cool to see that part of it from another scan.

sorry friends...I dont see anything on the left side of the picture. But on the right side I see 3 faces. Two are on the right side. 2 faces (left side of the face almost on top of each other, right at the end). A third face almost facing me just on the right side of the hairline. Then on the top right corner 2 small skull like things, very small (gray aliens !).

I guess if you keep looking at it you can make out many more things...:)

Some answers for you highmystica

you should describe if the portrait is under glass

I guess I don't really remember ,I took this photo about 16 years ago. there was no glare like from the flash so I'm thinking there was no glass.. its a framed photo though.

whether or not the original had a glossy or mat finish

I would say it's a mat finish.Did they make glossy photo's in the 50's.I dont know

the type of camera you were using - not so much the name brand but the kind of film it used like 35mm,

it's a kodak 110 camera lol so I guess 110 film

The apporximate distance you were from the portrait when you took the picture.

No more than 5 feet.I think I was standing on a chair

Oh, and where the picture was developed would be good too.

local pharmacy when I got back to the States.

Also the picture is far too pixelated

Yes this one was a darker version and I made it smaller in size.

Also when I scanned this picture it was back in 98 or so. I have to find the original scan it shows the whole picture that I took.The actual photo seems to show more detail but it could've been the scanner that I used at that time .

I have another scan of the pic down below .this one was just cropped a bit.I didn't darken this or compress it

dad1.jpg

thanks for clearing that up tonyk. In this version the face on the right though harder to see looks far more disturbing.

As an aside they had glossy pics in the 50's.

Yea, it's pretty weird stuff It can all just be smudges .lol I don't know but that guy peaking through scares the hell out me lol

So Tony what did you see on the picture (right and left of your father portrait) ?

On the right I can see a neanderthal man. On the left nothing except a few circles. I think it's my brain trying to create an image because nothing really jumped out at me.

this is what I see I outlined it in m$ paint lol it's crude but You get the idea.

What_I_see.JPG

now my friend Danny seen this which was totally opposite of what I saw but yeah everyone gets a different take on it..which is pretty cool.

Danny_sees.JPG

Back
Top Bottom