Guest suggestions

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Thought it might be a good idea to make a place for STR guest suggestions. If they're in other boards, they might get missed. I've seen the following mentioned in other threads, plus some suggestions of my own:

David Paulides (bigfoot researcher and Missing 411 author)
Stephen Braude (parapsychologist and philosopher, has been investigating physical mediumship)
Colin Ross (first show was a blast, how 'bout another?)
James Douglass (JFK author, maybe closer to the assassination anniversary?)

Approaching Infinity said:
Thought it might be a good idea to make a place for STR guest suggestions. If they're in other boards, they might get missed. I've seen the following mentioned in other threads, plus some suggestions of my own:

David Paulides (bigfoot researcher and Missing 411 author)
Stephen Braude (parapsychologist and philosopher, has been investigating physical mediumship)
Colin Ross (first show was a blast, how 'bout another?)
James Douglass (JFK author, maybe closer to the assassination anniversary?)

I like these ideas, or had paranormal phenomena also in my mind, as well for information theory and electrical theories. Thinking about it further: Bob Altemeyer come to my mind, Victor Clube or an expert of comets.

This is a great idea! Hmmm, I recently thought it would be cool to hear a show with Mike Baillie, or perhaps one (or both) of the authors of Return of the Black Death, Susan Scott and Christopher Duncan.

Other names that spring to mind are Nora Gedgaudas and Martha Stout...

parallel said:
Bryant M. Schiller, Thomas Nagel, some author/ expert on Information Theory

Maybe Stephen C. Meyer? Author of Signature in the Cell... I'm currently reading that and it's not wrecking my brain too much :D

Also, rather than a particular person, I've had more of an idea in mind - maybe a discussion with some author connected with history/religion - I would love to hear Laura discussing biblical history with, for example Shlomo Sand/Israel Finkelstein or, indeed, one of Laura's choice... I've often found these areas the hardest to get my head around and sometimes, just listening to a podcast, things fall into place easier and the books seem easier to grok (I don't know if I've explained myself very well here?)

Having mentioned Shlomo Sand, I thought maybe a radio show connected with the creation of the state of Israel would be interesting (but likely to draw some attack!)

Gawan said:
I like these ideas, or had paranormal phenomena also in my mind, as well for information theory and electrical theories. Thinking about it further: Bob Altemeyer come to my mind, Victor Clube or an expert of comets.

I was thinking Altemeyer as well, although the psychopathy/authoritarian thing has already been covered quite a lot.

I would think a show about high strangeness kind of things would be in order at some point, as well as maybe a show devoted to narcissism, programs, and the adaptive unconscious? There's certainly plenty of authors to choose from there

Don Genaro said:
Having mentioned Shlomo Sand, I thought maybe a radio show connected with the creation of the state of Israel would be interesting (but likely to draw some attack!)

I agree, that would really be something. I wonder how many coincidental 'technical errors' you'd run into doing this!

Don't know if it would be possible, but it would be really great to have a show with Rupert Sheldrake as a guest. Also, would love to hear a show with Ark as a guest again!

Another idea of something that would be possibly great, is to have some sort of mini-connecting the dots at the beginning of the show. Maybe a week's summary, or some particular event that is connected to another. Something like "did you know?", or "things that make you go hmm...".

Some suggestions:

Strangers to Ourselves/Redirect - Timothy D. Wilson
Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
In An Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness - Peter A. Levine
The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, and Self-regulation - Stephen W. Porges
Myth of Sanity - Martha Stout
The Narcissistic Family - Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman and Robert M. Pressman
Trapped in the Mirror - Elan Golomb

Would be cool to have any of them on the show sometime!

Don Genaro said:
This is a great idea! Hmmm, I recently thought it would be cool to hear a show with Mike Baillie, or perhaps one (or both) of the authors of Return of the Black Death, Susan Scott and Christopher Duncan.

That would be very interesting, though I think the way to do the show now discussing current events is interesting as well, OSIT.

Keit said:
Another idea of something that would be possibly great, is to have some sort of mini-connecting the dots at the beginning of the show. Maybe a week's summary, or some particular event that is connected to another. Something like "did you know?", or "things that make you go hmm...".

Good idea. It could be useful content/feature for the hosts in the middle of the show,- would provide them with a comfort/regroup break half way through which could work well.

What about Lierre Keith (The Vegetarian Myth)?
Really like all the names suggested by other as well (Altemeyer, Golomb, Stout, Ark especially)! :)

Wow, what a list of suggestions! Love it.

Was going to suggest Victor Clube and Lierre Keith, but all the rest of the suggestions are great as well.

SeekinTruth said:
Wow, what a list of suggestions! Love it.

Was going to suggest Victor Clube and Lierre Keith, but all the rest of the suggestions are great as well.

I agree, all great suggestions :) Stout, Clube, Altemeyer, Golomb, Braude, Nagel & D. Wilson jump into mind for me.
It was great hearing Ark & Colin Ross.

Peter A. Levine piques curiosity from what I've read so far.

SMM said:
Peter A. Levine piques curiosity from what I've read so far.

Indeed. I also think it is vital that more people know how to deal with trauma in view of the upcoming events/hardships/adventures.

For the people that do not know Peter this first chapter of one of his books is fascinating, OSIT.

http://www.traumahealing.com/somatic-experiencing/art_chapter1.html

Back
Top Bottom